Bucs will use franchise tag on Barth if necessary

Connor Barth,  Shaun Rogers AP

We’ve got some great news for Bucs fans that own Connor Barth jerseys.  The free agent kicker won’t hit free agency.

Bucs G.M. Mark Dominik says the team will use the franchise tag on Barth if they can’t reach a long-term deal by March 5, according to Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times.

The kicker tag comes at a reasonable price, so a lot of kickers like Matt Prater and Josh Scobee could also be tagged.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 Responses to “Bucs will use franchise tag on Barth if necessary”
  1. tking63 says: Feb 25, 2012 2:24 PM

“Your Killin me Smalls”. I mean you have like 65 mil in the piggy bank, if he is good enough to Tag, then he is good enough for new contract. I mean come on spend some of that freakin money.

2. someidiotfromouthereintheprojects says: Feb 25, 2012 2:42 PM

he’s probably their leading scorer from last year; they should pay him

3. howiefeltersnatch says: Feb 25, 2012 2:52 PM

What do you think is in the burger?

4. alstottupthegut says: Feb 25, 2012 2:58 PM

He made 93% of his boots, best in the league along with the former Buc, Matt Bryant.

I just don’t know who else is worth the tag… Did Davin Joseph resign?

Do they have to tag somebody every year?

5. leighmanmarcus says: Feb 25, 2012 5:26 PM

93% overall, and 93% from 40-50 yards. Lock this guy up, whatever it takes!

No one else worth the tag, as only Zuttah is the only other FA of significance for the bucs to resign.

6. dasboat says: Feb 25, 2012 6:19 PM

Fantastic. I can now make my Tampa-to-New Orleans plane reservations for the Super Bowl.

7. tropboi11 says: Feb 25, 2012 6:24 PM

To other Bucs fans: Who are we going to sign in FA ( or who do you want us to sign )?

I some what like the idea of signing V-Jax, we need a deep threat and that would make Mikey get open alot. Plus I would love for us to draft Trent Richardson but I dont see it happening.

8. souldogdave says: Feb 25, 2012 7:32 PM