77541849_crop_650x440 Getty Images

It has been reported that receiver Reggie Wayne would be interested in signing with the Dolphins.  On Wednesday, Reggie Wayne said for himself that, if that’s where Peyton lands, that’s where Reggie would like to be.

I could see it,” Wayne told Michael Irvin of WQAM radio in Miami.  “I’m definitely not opposed to it, you know?  He’s a great worker, and I consider myself a great worker.  And when you put great workers together, good things happen.  Me being in his trail going to Miami?  I would love it.  I would definitely love it.  I am totally available.  My phone is working.  Make sure you put that out there, my phone is working.  I paid my bills ahead of time, just so we have no problems.  So I am ready for anything that comes right now.”

If the written words don’t convey it, Wayne became more animated and excited the more he talked about it.  He became even more animated and excited once he discussed the possibility of a football version of LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh:  Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Marshall.

“It can definitely be dangerous,” Wayne said.  “It can truly be dangerous, if they put us all together.  The league might not want that, Mike.  They might not want that.  They might not want to see that.  South Florida is already hot out here, baby, so you put us all together, it’ll be burning up.”

Irvin kept pushing, and Reggie kept gushing.

“It’s be great, it’d be fun,” Wayne said.  “Exciting.  Now you got me visualizing it.  I see the visual, it is there.  I see it.  It would be great.  It would definitely be a fun time, and an outstanding journey in South Florida.”

Wayne isn’t available to be signed by another team for six days.  Manning can officially be signed as of 4:00 p.m. ET.  Don’t be surprised if, wherever they land, they’ll be together again.

Permalink 64 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
64 Responses to “Reggie Wayne gets animated about the possibility of playing with Peyton in Miami”
  1. sportsmeccabi says: Mar 7, 2012 3:30 PM

2. dolphindad says: Mar 7, 2012 3:31 PM

its going to happen. And Miami will be back on top.

3. igotgamenj says: Mar 7, 2012 3:32 PM

Mr Ross as a Dolphins fan of 40 years please get this deal done.

4. jayrandle says: Mar 7, 2012 3:33 PM

I see it now…

The Decision 2012
    f/ Peyton Manning

On ESPN2…
    interviewed by Rachol Nichols…

Money raised donated to a charity…
    maybe the Papa John’s coin flip charity…

Peyton says…
    “I am taking my Arm to South Beach”

Than Dan Synder can send an angry email feeling lead on…

Than Peyton at a press conference with Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday will say and confessed…
    “I have had not 1..not 2…not 3…but 4 neck surgeries!”

5. bearsstillsuck says: Mar 7, 2012 3:33 PM

He does know the heat didn’t win a ring right?

6. youalldrinkhaterade says: Mar 7, 2012 3:33 PM

Could someone ask Reggie how great it would be??? Jesus…

7. cowboysallday says: Mar 7, 2012 3:34 PM

Would be pretty cool to watch but for some reason I just can’t see Peyton wanting to go to the same division as Brady

8. cardmagnet says: Mar 7, 2012 3:34 PM

I bet all the Hurricanes fans would love to have Wayne mack in the MIA.

9. peezwizz says: Mar 7, 2012 3:35 PM

As long as the Pats use those picks for once and grab a WR in free agency, I welcome Manning and Wayne to Miami. I just really hate the Jets.

10. pacificamjr says: Mar 7, 2012 3:35 PM

whats Marvin up to? i bet he’s still go legs… adding Marvin to Reggie and Brandon… Itd be like bringing a gun to a knife fight!!!

11. uscfan1988 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM

I think it’s a poor choice of words to reference the Heat. But if Manning is healthy it would be fun to watch because Wayne can still play. He got open last year he just had no one to throw the ball to him.

12. finsrule2222 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM

as a die hard dolphins fan i only have one thing to ask.

how will stephen ross mess this up?

13. counterfeit384 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM

scary

14. jaystus says: Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM

15. rgthreesticks says: Mar 7, 2012 3:37 PM

There’s nothing more amazing than Miami fans once they’re on the bandwagon. Good luck hearing your signals at that stadium with Peyton, Wayne, and Marshall on the team. Dolphins would be not only relevant, but one of the most exciting teams in the League

16. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Mar 7, 2012 3:37 PM

Maybe Peyton would like to play with a wide receiver who can still play.

17. oliverioxerxes says: Mar 7, 2012 3:37 PM

Last time Manning and Wayne played together in Miami, it didn’t turn out so great. Reggie Bush will be there to remind them of that!

18. rgthreesticks says: Mar 7, 2012 3:38 PM

Oh yeah, they also have that running back who’s kind of exciting…what’s his name again…Kardash…wait, no…BUSH!

19. onebadace says: Mar 7, 2012 3:39 PM

So if Manning, Wayne, and Marshall are so hot it’s considered “burning up” then what would you call the possibility of Manning, Wayne, and Fitzgerald? Unfair?

20. fijabbersman345 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:41 PM

“Irvin kept pushing, and Reggie kept gushing.”
    ;)

21. neko02011980 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:45 PM

Not happening. Who in their right mind would want to play there

22. portnoychunk says: Mar 7, 2012 3:46 PM

How much Cap space do the ‘Phins have? $13.5 million total. That’s going to get you Wayne & Peyton?

Maybe….big roll of the dice on a dude who didn’t play last year and isn’t healthy yet by his own accord.

23. matthewcarlson1 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:47 PM

This would be cool.. The Dolphins have a pretty good o-line already.. they would just have to draft a RB and maybe a slot reciever.. not really sure what they got going on on the defense but Peyton proved in Indy that you don’t need it. Bring over Freeny and Mario Williams too.

24. Simplastics Plastic bins says: Mar 7, 2012 3:48 PM

This sure would be reminiscent of Dan Marino + Mark Duper + Mark Clayton (but on steroids, no pun intended)

25. dgrowe213 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:48 PM

eh… Tom Brady would still be the best QB in that division

26. armchairqb says: Mar 7, 2012 3:49 PM

“I think Peyton Manning should go to the Chiefs. He would be backed by one of the best defenses in the league, plus they have a plethora of offensive weapons. Just need a couple more offensive lineman.”

_________________________

“One of the best defenses in the league …”

“A plethora of offensive weapons …”

Dude, have you actually watched the Chiefs play in this century?

27. fthrvic says: Mar 7, 2012 3:49 PM

Settle down there Reggie Wayne, settle down.

28. whitemike55 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:50 PM

Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Arian Foster, Matt Schaub. Not to mention #2 Defense.

That would be awesome.

29. phinfan says: Mar 7, 2012 3:54 PM

…but will Marshall be able to catch Peyton’s TDS?

30. heyguru1969 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:55 PM

As a fantasy owner of Brandon Marshall in a keeper league, it doesn’t get much better than this (apologies to all-world QB Matt Flynn whose pew may be filled before he arrives at the church).

31. originolefan says: Mar 7, 2012 3:56 PM

I am thinking JAGUARS… Great new owner willing to spend …they will be a dark horse … With MJD a great Defense ability to sign both of them plus Mario Williams, and another receiver like Meachum plus a good draft pick or two

32. tonyromoisterrible says: Mar 7, 2012 3:56 PM

jayrandle says:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:33 PM
    I see it now…

The Decision 2012
    f/ Peyton Manning

On ESPN2…
    interviewed by Rachol Nichols…

Money raised donated to a charity…
    maybe the Papa John’s coin flip charity…

Peyton says…
    “I am taking my Arm to South Beach”

Than Dan Synder can send an angry email feeling lead on…

“I have had not 1..not 2…not 3…but 4 neck surgeries!”
    _________________________________
    Someone needs to learn the difference between then and than……..
    I can’t believe people actually prove how stupid they truly are by writing on sites like this.

33. numberoneinthehoodg says: Mar 7, 2012 3:57 PM

He was jumping up and down on Oprah’s couch?

I’m in love with Peyton Manning! I’m in love with Peyton Manning!

34. keepounding1234 says: Mar 7, 2012 3:58 PM

cowboysallday says:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:34 PM
    —————————————————-I’m a Pats fan and would love to see that. Watching the Phins, Pats and Bills sweep the Jets would be priceless.

35. 6ball says: Mar 7, 2012 3:59 PM

So that I have my facts straight, Reggie ; you and peyton sign with Miami and we’re looking at a decade of Miami (-24) at New England .

You’re rendering them non- competitive. Very impressive indeed.

36. mc9399 says: Mar 7, 2012 4:04 PM

lol at the chiefs guy above, talk about delusional

37. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Mar 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Easy, big fella.

38. bearsrulepackdrool says: Mar 7, 2012 4:08 PM

I think Rex Ryan would have a heart attack. Because he would end up in last place in a stronger division.

39. thatobnoxiousguy says: Mar 7, 2012 4:09 PM

@armchairqb

The question should be, have YOU watched the Chiefs play lately?

Please leave football to those that have some knowledge and go back to practicing your stand up routine…….cause you need lots of it.

I swear, some parents should really supervise their children more closely and not let them roam free with the family computer.

40. brutus9448 says: Mar 7, 2012 4:10 PM

don’t forget reggie bush

41. ebeg420 says: Mar 7, 2012 4:10 PM

Reggie Wayne has been DONE for 2 years and he’s looking for work….so he’s just living the PIPE dream with that Coke head Irvin…

42. falconsfan says: Mar 7, 2012 4:17 PM

Pierre Garcon isn’t signed yet either… let’s say he ends up in Miami with Wayne and Marshall. That’s a decent set to play with against the Pats/Jets and Bills.

43. mlmeier says: Mar 7, 2012 4:20 PM

It’s gonna be Miami or some dark horse….like a Bronco.

44. tomtravis76 says: Mar 7, 2012 4:24 PM

If Peyton goes to Miami it is because of the money.

Miami is a great city to live, did it for ten years, but no one really cares unless its the Pats or Jets playing. Nightlife and weather determine the scene. Nobody wants to commit their day waiting in the stadium traffic, dealing with the idiot drunks, long lines, visiting team fans and over priced tickets for that sweat box among many other negatives. The Dolphins have plenty of loyal fans who love their team, but why do any of that when you can be out on a boat fishing and listening to the game? Tight Lines…

The numbers don’t lie, if the fans had nothing better to do like in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philly and more then the stadium would be sold out each week.
    Peyton will not sell out the stadium to anyone other then ticket brokers, who will inturn jack up the tickets and keep a once a year fan from attending.

45. sschmiggles says: Mar 7, 2012 4:30 PM

Will be fun watching Miami find a way to screw this up.

46. jakek2 says: Mar 7, 2012 4:34 PM

I’m so happy I’m a fan of a team who already has a hot young date to the dance and don’t have to get in line drooling over the Pamela Anderson of the NFL.

47. hooterdawg says: Mar 7, 2012 4:41 PM

Wayne has reached his career peak and is now on the downside. The Colts are getting rid of him perhaps a year too soon, but that’s better than a year too late as the Colts did with Harrison. I can’t wait to see all these Colt players who jump ship bomb out elsewhere.

48. kriswd40 says: Mar 7, 2012 4:52 PM

This would be a smart move for both players. Does it have to be Miami though? Larry Fitzgerald would welcome them both in Arizona too.

49. myeaglescantwin says: Mar 7, 2012 4:53 PM

signing Peyton will be one of the worse mistakes a franchise will ever make..

The colts just gave hime $26 million for nothiing… Now we have a group of teams lining up to do the very same thing. .
    i hope he goes to washington,, put that franchise in the whole another 5 years.

50. finsuppatsdown says: Mar 7, 2012 5:21 PM

@ myeaglescantwin

signing (Signing) Peyton will be one of the worce (worst) mistakes a franchise will ever make..

The colts (Colts)just gave hime (him) $26 million for nothiing (nothing)… Now (,) we have a group of teams lining up to do the very same thing..

i (I) hope he goes to washington (Washington),,(???) put that franchise in the whole another 5 years (and puts that franchise in a hole for another 5 years).

There, I fixed it for you.

As to the content, Manning will be a top tier QB again in the near future. He works to hard to bet against him.

51. southbeachtalent says: Mar 7, 2012 5:22 PM

Ross do what ever it takes to make this happen, WHATEVER!

PEYTON BRING YOUR TALENTS TO SOUTH BEACH!!! AND WAYNE TOO!!!

BTW, the warm weather will be great for your neck and back. It’ll be great. Really, come on. Do it. Do it.

52. lionfan419 says: Mar 7, 2012 5:25 PM

Is it weird, i looked and the Dolphins play in Indy this coming year!!!!

53. slammincamnewton says: Mar 7, 2012 5:26 PM

Wayne and Manning need the Cardinals, and to team up with Fitzgerald and Beanie. Still couldn’t beat the Panthers, but i’m just sayin.

54. TSizzleBallSoHard says: Mar 7, 2012 5:27 PM

Peyton, Wayne, and Marshall against that Pats D twice a year. The Pats wouldn’t make the playoffs until Peyton retired.

55. manupngrowapair says: Mar 7, 2012 5:34 PM

Does the name Sterling Sharpe ring a bell?

Look at the facts and remove the emotion.
    How much will these teams be willing to risk signing a thief in the night? He knew full well there was an issue with his last contract. Since putting pen to paper on that contract, he’s never taken a snap under center in game action.

If’s and but’s, candy and nuts, Brady vs Manning twice a year would be great fun, but I watched a prime Sterling Sharpe retire as young Favre was getting introduced.

56. tybrew says: Mar 7, 2012 5:37 PM

Sounds like he will play for free….fins throw some peanuts at him….see how happy he’ll. Be

57. doe22us says: Mar 7, 2012 5:45 PM

I do hope they bring it in the 4th Quarter.

58. tybrew says: Mar 7, 2012 5:48 PM

Ring. Ring …Manning Jerry Jones is on the phone

59. rushmatic says: Mar 7, 2012 5:52 PM

I’m a Pats fan and I’d welcome Peyton to Miami. I think it would be great to see Peyton vs Brady again. Although I also think Miami would stay on the losing end.

60. spfripp says: Mar 7, 2012 5:59 PM

I think all of Miami’s QB options have risk but with that said they are all good options. If Miami lands any of these QBs and they don’t pan out I really think you can’t blame anyone for that but the QB but if they don’t land any of these QBs then as a Dolphin fan I would have to question their commitment to winning. I mean when Tannehill is your worse option (with a trade down), throw in the fact that you have three other QBs to choose from and two of them you are considered the favorite to get, how can you screw that up?

61. jrcoop says: Mar 7, 2012 6:17 PM

If they were to go to Miami. PLEASE… no dream team resets or stage appearances with fog machines and laser light show. Thank you

62. noahbird says: Mar 7, 2012 7:03 PM

Peyton could pad his stats playing against the Pats. Don’t give me that, “same division as Brady” crap. Plus, Peyton is a competitor.

63. tsep305 says: Mar 7, 2012 8:31 PM

Miami needs a QB, LG, RT, OLB, WR, and FS. They might even need a SS if they cut Yerimah Bell to free up cap space. Signing Manning obviously solves one of those needs. If they could trade back a few picks and land the next coming of Steve Hutchinson in David DeCastro at LG. This move would give them a Pro Bowl left side for years to come. (Long, DeCastro, and Pouncey) The rest of the spots can be filled via free agency and the draft.

RT: Anthony Collins (free agent)
    OLB: (draft)
    WR: Reggie Wayne
    FS (draft)

64. tropboi11 says: Mar 7, 2012 11:28 PM

Manning is either going to Miami or Arizona, I like both options:

Manning, Marshall, Wayne and Bush
    Or
    Manning, Fitzgerald, Wayne and Wells

Which team has the most cap space?