Sean Salisbury says his life has become “a walking train wreck”

sean-salisbury Getty Images

Sean Salisbury, the former NFL quarterback who went from an ESPN analyst to a punchline when it was revealed that he took a picture of his penis and showed it to co-workers, says the fallout over that incident nearly ruined his life, and now he wants to get back on TV.

Salisbury told the New York Daily News that he has battled depression, and he has also had physical problems including low testosterone production, which his doctor believes could have been caused by blows to the brain suffered on the football field.

When Salisbury left ESPN four years ago, he claimed it was a mutual decision to part, that ESPN had held him back on what he was capable of doing as a broadcaster, and that he had bigger and better things ahead in his career.

“Don’t get me wrong, I appreciated the opportunity ESPN gave me, but they had capped my ceiling. There was only so far I could go there,” Salisbury said at the time.

Now, however, Salisbury seems to think that excessive coverage of the penis picture incident led to him not only losing his ESPN job but also being unfairly blacklisted since then.

“It was a sophomoric thing to do that got me in trouble,” Salisbury said. “I deserved to be kicked a little for it. But I didn’t deserve to be bludgeoned. The past few years have been a rough, rough time. I hit rock bottom physically, mentally, emotionally and financially all at the same time.”

Salisbury also told Jeff Pearlman that he thinks he has shown more than enough contrition about it.

I’m not apologizing for it anymore. I’m apologized out,” he said.

“I kept a journal for 12 years while I was there,” Salisbury said. “I’ve got a best-selling book in my lap if I ever wanted to do it. You know? I’ve got it sitting right in my back pocket if I ever wanted to. [But] I’m not into taking guys’ wives and families away. I’m not into getting guys suspended and taking their careers away.”

When it comes to getting a career taken away, Salisbury knows how it feels.

Permalink 101 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
101 Responses to “Sean Salisbury says his life has become “a walking train wreck””
  1. joetoronto says: Mar 11, 2012 12:46 PM

“I’m a walking train wreck,” Salisbury said. “I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get better.”

Castration?

2. dd2189 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:48 PM

What a dick.

3. cali49er707 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:49 PM

damn bro, you took a picture of your baby carrot & went and showed it to people at work??? whats wrong with you???
    -BRETT FAVRE

4. silverhornet says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

and the new Jets’ quarterbacks coach is…

5. edusregis says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

Yes, distributing photos of your p-nis to your co-workers has that effect on one’s career.

6. terraj35 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

ESPN has never had a worse personality on TV than SS

7. pacificnw7722 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

“And Salisbury hinted to Pearlman that he has damaging information about ESPN that he could reveal but chooses not to.”

Do Tell……

8. biglebronski says: Mar 11, 2012 12:51 PM

Seems to me this is the same Sean Salisbury who called John Clayton “Cryptkeeper” on live television. He was a walking train wreck long before he lost his job at ESPN.

9. boltfaninfalconcountry says: Mar 11, 2012 12:52 PM

Not sure about what Salisbury was thinking, but the average work environment does not tolerate taking picture of one’s “Johnson” to show off to co-workers.

10. ravenator says: Mar 11, 2012 12:53 PM

Wow really? If you weren’t blacklisted from getting a broadcasting job before, revealing to everybody you have a tell all book certainly won’t help for future employment

11. marima07 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:54 PM

So… now he’s proposing blackmail. Yep, sounds like the next healing step most contrite, mature people make when they’re trying to get their lives on track.

I bet these comments will spur ESPN, NFLN and FOX to begin a bidding war for his services very soon.

12. CKL says: Mar 11, 2012 12:54 PM

I miss those epic fights he used to have with Clayton on ESPN.
    Jaws’ and Grudens’ jabbing on MNF (especially whenever Coleman reffed a MNF game and Jaws pointed it out to Gruden)was good but not quite AS good.

13. hank10 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:54 PM

The pinnacle of his TV career was when he co-hosted Battle Bots on the old Comedy Channel.

14. jonirocit says: Mar 11, 2012 12:55 PM

Write the book bro

15. jahbird says: Mar 11, 2012 12:57 PM

I sent a pic of my Sean Sailsbury to a female co-worker and didnt get in any trouble for it. She asked me for it though. I guess that makes me qualified to work at ESPN.

16. ar1888 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:57 PM

When treat people poorly people do not want to work with you.

17. bbkld5 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:59 PM

Sean’s mouth is his greatest barrier to success. How would a potential employer feel about journals and publicly questioning personnel decisions for situations he initiated?

Next time, Sean, try this:

“I come before you a changed man. These last few years have been a humbling experience, most of which I acknowledge was caused, directly and indirectly, by my own actions. I engaged in immature behavior and do not fault ESPN for taking the steps they did, but I think some good has come from it. I have taken steps to better myself and I have matured. I have learned to take responsibility for my actions and have learned what it is to be a better husband, father, and employee. All I ask is for another chance and I promise to do my best not to disappoint. So help me God.”

It doesn’t have to be the truth, Sean. Just make it sound sincere.

You’re running out of feet to put in your mouth.

18. tjacks7 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:00 PM

“I kept a journal for 12 years while I was there,” Salisbury said.

———————–

wow, if this doesn’t make companies want you i don’t know what will. Why would you keep a journal for 12 years of your company and it’s employes?

19. grogansneck says: Mar 11, 2012 1:01 PM

but why did he have to use a telephoto lens?

20. backindasaddle says: Mar 11, 2012 1:01 PM

The guy is obviously a loser. Makes all the wrong choices.

21. thenavyandwhite says: Mar 11, 2012 1:01 PM

Michael David Smith this isn’t fair. No where in the article does Salisbury mention blackmailing ESPN.

Smith lifted a quoted from a different place and made it seem like it was from the Daily News article.

Not very fair journalism.

22. crystalclearimagedesign says: Mar 11, 2012 1:02 PM

Not to defend him (SS), but I’d love to see how you folks would handle your “skeletons” if they decided to come out for fresh air, and the implications from it…the man has paid for his mistakes in ways money can’t buy

23. stoutfiles says: Mar 11, 2012 1:02 PM

Anybody that hires this guy, just remember he keeps a journal of anything he finds to potentially blackmail you!

24. ml3939 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:03 PM

I would love to see Espn bring him back to reprise his role with John Clayton and Clayton make joke after joke about about the Salisbury picture not even mentioning football. Salisbury came across as such a bully in that segment. If he wanted to show someone a picture of a dick he could just have kept his johnson I his pants and sent his headshot. Not a fan of someone losing their job but I did not feel bad when they sent him packing.

25. sterilizecromartie says: Mar 11, 2012 1:05 PM

Wow… I am sure he is bitter about what happened to him, but claiming to have stored damaging information on a previous employer is not what a potential future employer wants to hear.

26. buffaloviking says: Mar 11, 2012 1:06 PM

terraj35 says:Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

ESPN has never had a worse personality on TV than SS

Bruschi, Dilfer, for starters ……….

27. billymc75 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:06 PM

We give people like Micheal Vick, Mike Tyson and Big Ben second chances. This guy know his stuff, he pulls no punches and he’s honest! I hope he gets a coaching job somewhere he deserves it.

28. sundevilslegit says: Mar 11, 2012 1:07 PM

Just doesn’t ‘get’ it.

29. sean6886 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:08 PM

So you’re sorry but you’re still not taking responsibility for your actions. You hint that blows to the brain on the football field have caused you issues then you defensively say you have dirt on others at ESPN but out of the kindness of your heart you won’t reveal it-just threaten. Yep, sounds like you’re sorry.

Take some actual responsibility. Just admit you made some poor choices out of superior stupidity. Going around and threatening makes you look more like an idiot and a liar.

30. birdsflynorth206 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:09 PM

Why do people have to turn into snitches when they lose their job? He’s going to write that book I bet he’s on the verge of being broke

31. purplengold says: Mar 11, 2012 1:09 PM

bigger and better?

32. billsfan27 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:10 PM

The Jets should hire this dude as HC.

33. trbowman says: Mar 11, 2012 1:11 PM

“ESPN has never had a worse personality on TV than SS”

Emmitt. Smith.

34. mdc21787 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:11 PM

spread the cheeks and you can see the steak nuggets!

35. pacodawg says: Mar 11, 2012 1:12 PM

I’m sure he could negotiate a big “PACKAGE” deal now,

36. ninersfan86 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:14 PM

Man I might have to try that approach when I need a job.
    I’ve learned my lesson and apologize BUT, I’ve dirt on my last employer that I can devulge.

37. macmol71 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:16 PM

What a giant D bag, go away already.

38. jaggedmark says: Mar 11, 2012 1:17 PM

That “book in my lap” comment sounds like a not so subtle blackmail statement.

Yeah, he’s changed. Go away Sean. You weren’t a nice guy on the air, either.

39. raiderapologist says: Mar 11, 2012 1:18 PM

Tikki Barber is flabbergasted by this moron’s career suicide.

40. tommyf15 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:19 PM

backindasaddle says: Mar 11, 2012 1:01 PM
    The guy is obviously a loser. Makes all the wrong choices.

The obvious losers in life are those who can’t show compassion for someone that makes bad choices as a result of biological disorders caused by multiple concussions.

41. fearthebengaltiger says: Mar 11, 2012 1:19 PM

do your balls hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie them in a know, can you tie them in a bow….thanks to his pic, we know the answer now.

42. Mr. Wright 212 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:23 PM

jahbird says: Mar 11, 2012 12:57 PM

————–

Explains why Tirico still has his job. God only knows how else he does.

43. stunzeed5 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:26 PM

“walking train wreck”?

…..as opposed to a “sitting” train wreck?

odd analogy Sean.

44. ppc50 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:32 PM

Very dumb to admit that he kept a journal for 12 years and could rat out his former co-workers. My first question is why was a compelled to keep a journal in the first place? Was he planning on writing a “tell-all” from day one? Secondly, to say he has information that could ruin families and lives just puts his former co-workers in a bad position – questions will be asked at home. This guy is a jerk, pure and simple, and now he must reap what he sows – it’s called karma and now he is dealing with it. Do I hope his “condition” gets worse? No, but I’m sure his NFL pension (he had a long career) should definitely help his financial situation, unless he overextended himself. The photos of his junk was only part of the issue. Obviously, he rubbed (no pun intended) people the wrong way and burned a lot of bridges along the way.

45. gb4mn0 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:33 PM

backindasaddle says:
    Mar 11, 2012 1:01 PM
    The guy is obviously a loser. Makes all the wrong choices.

——————————————–

Making bad choices and being a loser are a common theme with anyone living in or associated with MN.

46. bbkld5 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:34 PM

For the apologists: what about the thousands, maybe millions, of people inside and outside of sports who’ve had multiple concussions but managed to behave appropriately in the work environment?

If anything, it looks like these concussions have removed whatever filters and limits Mr. Salisbury had in place. We may be seeing the real Sean here.

I hope he is getting professional help outside of the experts found in blog posts.

47. tfbuckfutter says: Mar 11, 2012 1:41 PM

People get second chances for doing stupid things like this all the time.

The thing is, the people who GIVE them second chances are usually people they have HELPED along the way.

If someone doesn’t get a second chance after doing something stupid, it’s usually because they’ve stepped on too many people on the way up, so no one gives a crap about helping them out.

And I have to think that the action Sean did that got him fired is characteristic of someone who is, for lack of a better term, a d-bag. And d-bags don’t usually help people unless they get something out of it. So when the shoe is on the other foot….oh, why is no one giving me a break?

48. yevrag3535 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:51 PM

No you are done. Go jump off a bridge. You are a weird sick man, in this day and age – what do you think was ging to happen. Stupid basterd. See on the news, being locked up some day.

49. jamalsagod says: Mar 11, 2012 1:52 PM

It’s hard because people deserve new opportunities if they have changed, but defining change and proving it are near impossible, and this was a pretty strong act.

The crypt keeper comment was actually quite funny. I still call him that.

50. crp63 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:57 PM

billymc75 says:Mar 11, 2012 1:06 PM

Signed,
    His Therapist

51. raiders757 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:01 PM

terraj35 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

ESPN has never had a worse personality on TV than SS

——————————–

Tom Jackson and Chris Carter beg to differ.

52. stacyboy68 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:01 PM

Besides we all know that the late great Al Davis was the real crypt keeper…..John Clayton is obviously the principle on south park ….mmmm kay!?!?!?

53. tombrookshire says: Mar 11, 2012 2:02 PM

No one to blame there except Sean Salisbury.

54. rob0527 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:04 PM

Sounds like blackmail to me. Either give me a job or I will reveal your dirty secrets. Is this how u want to get a job Sean?

55. tommyf15 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:06 PM

yevrag3535 says: Mar 11, 2012 1:51 PM: No you are done. Go jump off a bridge. You are a weird sick man

I like the way this guy advises Salisbury to jump off a bridge and then accuses SOMEONE ELSE of being weird and sick.

56. patsfiend says: Mar 11, 2012 2:06 PM

I didn’t think he was that good when he was on TV anyway. I haven’t spent too many Sundays thinking, “I wish they still had Salisbury.” Maybe he can go be a QB coach at a State school.

57. brewcrewfan54 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:12 PM

I believe in 2nd chances and Mr Salisbury should get one. That being said he was a mean jerk while at ESPN and as many have already pointed out, isn’t exactly showing mich contrition with his book in my lap comment. Right now Sean it seems your biggest problem is you.

58. showerswithsandusky says: Mar 11, 2012 2:22 PM

If you can squeeze into a Boy Scout uniform Uncle Jerry can use a “Fluffer”.

59. cotts1 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:22 PM

Does anyone even watch espn anymore? that network is straight garbage now.

60. northshorejag says: Mar 11, 2012 2:23 PM

boo-freakin-hoo

61. zinn22 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:23 PM

Reading the first 80% of the article I thought maybe there is a chance Salisbury may have changed until that last little bit about how he can sink ESPN by releasing his book. I don’t think he means to blackmail ESPN rather it seems to indicate that he is living in a fantasy world where he is all has the power to sink ESPN with a snap of his fingers. My guess is he has tried to get his book published before and it has been thoroughly rejected. I would also guess he has implied to ESPN he would blackmail them and release his book but they have just laughed.

Sad as it sounds he truly sounds like a train wreck. A life without a purpose who has been laughed at and rejected. Who now lives in a fantasy world where he can strike back at will. While it may seem fun to laugh at the guy I think its quite sad. I hope the guy gets counseling and gets some humility and self respect. To live a life where one is that angry and broken is sad and depressing.

62. saintsfan1111 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:24 PM

Thanks for reminding me that this guy existed.

63. lovetron says: Mar 11, 2012 2:25 PM

Are delusions of grandeur another side effect of those blows to the head?

64. libradad53 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:26 PM

We should not forget that he got himself into some serious trouble when he played QB here in Seattle involving sexual issues. While the charges were later resolved, dropped, the Seahawks also parted ways with him. Perhaps there is something more than meets the eye here. But I did hear an interview with him and Clayton recently and I think they are friends and miss each other’s banter. Clearly however he has been trying to run his life on his own will power. He might want to try turning it over to a higher power.

65. tigerlilac says: Mar 11, 2012 2:29 PM

We should all be thankful and respectful of our blessings. If you don’t appreciate what you have in life this guy provides an excellent reality check on how bad it can get if you lose your career or your family. Arrogance is a cancer.

66. duanethomas says: Mar 11, 2012 2:34 PM

Nope. Go away. He had a second chance at a radio station in Dallas and lil Sean showed up again. Sorry boy. You should have saved your money dummy.

67. hoberkunce says: Mar 11, 2012 2:34 PM

I always thought Salisbury was let go because he treated the other ESPN talent poorly. Not only showing them his junk, but being generally rude and abrassive, and particularly condescending to anyone who hadn’t played pro football. John Clayton, in particular, comes to mind. Though why Salisbury would want to show his junk to Clayton I’ll never understand.

68. pioniere says: Mar 11, 2012 2:35 PM

No. No, actually they didn’t. You were never that good. And apparently, you weren’t getting laid enough either.

69. egiger says: Mar 11, 2012 2:36 PM

Maybe they could revive Battle Bots for him. He was a natural at commentating on remote control robots fighting each other!

70. manntier says: Mar 11, 2012 2:42 PM

Sure the Vikings have never had a Super Bowl-winning quarterback, but we have the two greatest dick picture-taking quarterbacks of ALL-TIME

71. Mary Jane says: Mar 11, 2012 2:57 PM

So let me get this straight…. Salisbury called whatshisname “Cryptkeeper” live. Then he showed little Sean around the office. Then he appears to publicly blackmail his former employer.

Dude.

72. jenniferxxx says: Mar 11, 2012 3:01 PM

It has to be hard to be faced with actually having to work for a living after all that pampering.

Concentrate on the lawsuit we all know is coming … or that book of yours … yeah, right.

73. vetdana says: Mar 11, 2012 3:06 PM

“If anything, it looks like these concussions have removed whatever filters and limits Mr. Salisbury had in place. We may be seeing the real Sean here”.

We must be very careful about blaming all anti-social behavior on un-diagnosed concussive brain damage !
    Perhaps it is more of.. a coddled pro athlete living in a sports world where it is perceived that one of those privileged few can make his own rules of social behavior, and not be chastised !

74. isaacnewtonqb says: Mar 11, 2012 3:07 PM

Trent Dilfer does suck, but at least he was a great quarterback…oh, wait.

75. cmack21 says: Mar 11, 2012 3:07 PM

Ok lets get this straight,
    not only is a 50 yr old guy texting pics of his junk, but he also has a journal.
    I think he has BIGGER problems than low testosterone

76. gmsalpha says: Mar 11, 2012 3:09 PM

I forgot all about that guy until this article. 4 years since he was annoying on ESPN? Wow.

Look, ESPN can pretty much hire any former player, coach, executive, beat writer, etc without trying. So if you think they’re going to beg you to stay or beg you to come back, you’re delusional. Anchors and analysts there are a dime a dozen so sit back, relax, and don’t do anything stupid because unfortunately unless you’re Chris Berman, Steve Levy, Bob Ley, Linda Cohn, or someone else who’s been there forever, you shouldn’t be showing your schlong to co-workers.

Now. With that said, it all depends on where this takes place. Mike Singletary was making a statement and firing up his team when he dropped his shorts, but that was in the confines of an NFL locker room. He got fired, but not because of that.

77. tfbuckfutter says: Mar 11, 2012 3:15 PM

raiders757 says: Mar 11, 2012 2:01 PM

terraj35 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

ESPN has never had a worse personality on TV than SS

——————————–

Tom Jackson and Chris Carter beg to differ.

—————————-

Don’t forget Joe Morgan. Making fun of him was so easy it got a couple bloggers a job writing for a prime time NBC sitcom….one of the good ones.

78. scott8nj says: Mar 11, 2012 3:16 PM

Ask Canseco how the book thing works out.

79. Kave Krew says: Mar 11, 2012 3:34 PM

Damn – i went thru all the comments to see if anyone mentions Jose Canseco and Scott8nj did it at the very last post

As i was reading Sean’s woe-is-he tale, i recalled Sean on the Dan Patrick show mocking Jose relentlessly about Jose saying that “he was writing a book that would blow up baseball”. Now Sean is reduced to the same clown show.

Next up for The Seanson – MMA, WWE, the circus….

80. realfootballfan says: Mar 11, 2012 3:38 PM

Way to go, keep talking so we can be sure not to be subjected to your silly rants ever again.

Maybe somebody should have pulled you, a 30 or 40 something year old man at the time, to the side and let you know that taking a picture of your junk and sending it around wouldn’t be too prudent a career move, lol.

Maybe somebody close to you should have pulled you to the side and let you know that their are a million washed up never wases (Trent Dilfer, Timm Hasselbeck, Shaun King, etc) who could step right in and blather on about how much of an expert they are despite being never wases, and ESPN Wouldn’t miss a beat when they canned your silly, douchey behind.

81. prmpft says: Mar 11, 2012 3:43 PM

“I’ve got a best-selling book in my lap if I ever wanted to do it. ” Really? Did he actually say that?
    C’mon man!

82. 4512dawg4512 says: Mar 11, 2012 3:44 PM

biglebronski says:
    Mar 11, 2012 12:51 PM
    ————————————–

Are you trying to say that Clayton DOESN’T look like the crypt keeper? If so than you’re nuts! They’re freaking twins! aaaaaahahahaha

83. rajbais says: Mar 11, 2012 3:59 PM

He actually said ESPN “had capped [his] ceiling. There was only so far I could go there.”

He had NO HIGH ceiling!!!!!

If he was NEVER critically acclaimed then he needs to shut up!!!!!!!!!

If you never had a good career, but need to be a good analyst you need to be like Mike Mayock or Ross Tucker!!! Both had less than stellar careers with injuries ending them, but both know how to emphasize on football fundamentals and make good points. Mayock does it on TV and during the draft and Tucker will do it in print, TV, and radio!!!

84. EJ says: Mar 11, 2012 4:12 PM

I hope he eventually does get up the nerve to write about his 12 years at ESPN. I’m sure the book would be filled to the brim with cheating Husbands and Wives, drug use, prostitutes, backstabbing and a lot of two timing. I can only imagine the sick and embarrassing crap he has witnessed. Heck, If that type of stuff happens at my old place of employment, imagine what happens when millions of dollars are added to the equation…
    Oh ESPN, poor ESPN, ya better start washing that dirty laundry.

85. nuclearwarfare says: Mar 11, 2012 4:12 PM

terraj35 says: Mar 11, 2012 12:50 PM

ESPN has never had a worse personality on TV than SS

——————————–

Tom Jackson and Chris Carter beg to differ.

-I agree. Tom Jackson is pretty terrible. I especially love it when they run Raiders/Broncos highlights. He’s incredibly biased.

When the Raiders dropped 59 points on Denver a few years ago, I couldn’t help but laugh at how disgusted he was. So much for unbiased.

86. jayquintana says: Mar 11, 2012 4:17 PM

He was as good a commentator as he was an NFL quarterback.

87. jimmysee says: Mar 11, 2012 4:22 PM

If Sean is looking for rehabilitation, it doesn’t come easy.

Maybe five years or so working in a homeless shelter or building homes on a Habitat for Humanity crew could help show his judgment is really better than THAT.

(And get a phone that has no camera.)

88. zampft says: Mar 11, 2012 4:30 PM

way to try to jump on board the concussion $ express there Seanie-boy

89. lasher1650 says: Mar 11, 2012 4:34 PM

1) His all or nothing takes on ESPN were growing stale and his “q” rating was dropping precipitously.
    2) He sucked when he got a prime slot doing a daily 3 hour radio show on ESPN 1000 in Chicago and got canned from that gig.
    3) Trying to do a mia-culpa while simultaneously giving a back-handed threat of a “tall all” book against ESPN will make this dumbass no more employable and he should just learn to shut up.

You got exactly what you deserved Sean – you way over-estimated your position in the world and now you have to live with your new reality. Life sucks – go get a real job, your time on scholarship has ended.

90. Angry Orange Man says: Mar 11, 2012 4:34 PM

I’ve always hated this moron and was so happy when ESPN fired him. Then I started reading this article and felt bad for him. THEN, he threatened to write a book about people at his old job having affairs if he isn’t hired back and I realize why I hated him in the first place. He’s attempting to bully ESPN just like he tried to bully John Clayton in those segments they used to do.

Regardless of whether he showed people “lil’ Sean” he still had that horrible Christmas tree died in his hair AND was awful on TV.

91. ravenunitas says: Mar 11, 2012 4:44 PM

billymc75 says:Mar 11, 2012 1:06 PM

Only problem is that Sean Salisbury is white. We don’t get second chances…ask Jimmy The Greek.

92. ezg1 says: Mar 11, 2012 4:49 PM

He and Tiki should hook up and develope a TV Reality Series that spotlites delusional losers who fail reconize when the time has come too craw back into the hole from which they emerged!

93. profootballwalk says: Mar 11, 2012 4:51 PM

biglebronski says: Mar 11, 2012 12:51 PM

————————————————

And what was wrong with that?

94. mcjon22 says: Mar 11, 2012 4:56 PM

No one can insult the mighty John Clayton and get away with it, no one!

95. Mary Jane says: Mar 11, 2012 5:25 PM

Salisbury will go down in ESPN history for one of the epicest lines ever! Clayton DOES look like Cryptkeeper. And I STILL giggle everytime I see Clayton.

But it was still unprofessional and you can’t win an argument you are otherwise losing by calling someone names. Well you can, but you get fired.

Salisbury deserved to get fired … but don’t worry dude. None of us remember what you looked like playing in the NFL but ALL of us remember the Cryptkeeper line.

96. whatswiththehate says: Mar 11, 2012 5:56 PM

It’s funny how those who love to hold others accountable for their personal actions seem to find 10001 reason why they did what they did.

Practicing what they preach is not in their repetoire I see…

97. jimboonie says: Mar 11, 2012 7:06 PM

If he was a good analyst he would get hired somewhere. But he’s not. He sucks. I heard him on the radio during super bowl week, and it refreshed my memory of how bad he was at espn.

98. petedutcher says: Mar 12, 2012 8:43 AM

He has no “journal” or he would have written the book already.

99. dukemarc says: Mar 12, 2012 9:39 AM

—————————–

Yep, making veiled threats like that, I’m sure has everyone lining up to guy you a job, Sean. Whether you believe in Karma or not – it seems fitting this guy might have to go and get a real job.

100. grannyvi4 says: Mar 13, 2012 2:42 AM

gb4mn0 says:Mar 11, 2012 1:33 PM

backindasaddle says:
    Mar 11, 2012 1:01 PM
    The guy is obviously a loser. Makes all the wrong choices.

——————————————–

==========================
    gb4mno: Yes! I looked at your comment and KNEW it was you. You’re so predictable. Um, didn’t your former QB also take such a photo?

101. 4evrnyt says: Dec 4, 2013 11:05 AM

——————————–
    And yet wonders why nobody wants to bring him back into the business. Stupid is as stupid does.