Jets re-sign kicker Folk, have interest in reuniting with Cotchery

Wild Card Playoffs - Pittsburgh Steelers v Denver Broncos Getty Images

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News is reporting that the Jets are showing interest in free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery.

The Jets have not found a No. 2 receiver on the free agent market yet, and we’re not so sure they’re looking. They’ve only shown light interest in lower-tier wideouts like Chaz Schilens.

Cotchery, of course, knows the Jets well. The 29-year-old spent his first seven NFL seasons with New York’s AFC club before playing last year in Pittsburgh.

Cotchery has enough left in the tank to serve as a capable No. 3 or 4 receiver. The Jets might be looking to bring him back for a minimum salary deal.

In more Jets news, the team announced Wednesday afternoon that it has re-signed kicker Nick Folk.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
9 Responses to “Jets re-sign kicker Folk, have interest in reuniting with Cotchery”
  1. Stiller43 says: Mar 14, 2012 1:52 PM

Work with mark sanchez or big ben?

Hmmm….

Assuming the steelers have similar interest, its a no brainer who he picks.

2. steel2372 says: Mar 14, 2012 1:53 PM

I was really hoping the Steelers would resign Jerrico.

3. clayton43 says: Mar 14, 2012 1:55 PM

Steelers fan here….. I hope not, I want him back in Pittsburgh in case Sanders foot injury lingures or he doesnt pan out/and or good person to have in case of injuries. Please Please Pittsburgh lock him up !!!!

4. trollhammer20 says: Mar 14, 2012 2:10 PM

I read that headline really, really fast, and thought it had something to do with folks getting kicked in the crotch. :-|

5. Deb says: Mar 14, 2012 2:37 PM

Ohhh, that’s one I’d like to have back in Pittsburgh. Cotchery was a great team player and seemed to fill the role on-field that typically had gone to Hines the last few years. Hope the Jets don’t make a tempting offer.

6. vincentbojackson says: Mar 14, 2012 2:42 PM

Cotchery has a tough decision…

Go back to the team that kicked him to the curb before turning into a complete dumpster fire.

Or stay with a top 5 QB and a member of the most decorated organization in the history of the NFL.

7. gla55jaw says: Mar 14, 2012 5:56 PM

As a Jets fan, I love Cotchery. I’d love to see him back, but I think Kerley is probably the guy now. If he is going to get a decent amount of playing time on the Steelers he should stay there, if not, come back to the Jets at a minimum.

8. steel2372 says: Mar 14, 2012 6:50 PM

I hope Cotchery comes back to the Steelers especially if we lose Wallace. He is a great team guy.

9. pisano says: Mar 15, 2012 5:30 PM

Cotchery would be a good pick-up, now, if the Jets can find a QB to throw him the ball.