Shockey shoots back at Toomer, dredges up his divorce

Jeremy Shockey,  Malcolm Jenkins AP

We have a full-blown war of words between two former Giants teammates.

It started with this morning’s report that Jeremy Shockey wants to return to the Giants. That led former Giants receiver Amani Toomer to say the team should absolutely not bring Shockey back, calling Shockey a bad teammate and a worse person.

That led to Shockey going to town on Toomer on Twitter, going way beyond their time on the field as teammates and dragging in Toomer’s personal life.

“Yes remember when his ex divorced him and he urinated on a her cloths I guess he’s the good person,” Shockey wrote.

In 2007, Toomer’s divorce proceedings included an allegation from his ex-wife that Toomer acted “irrationally and outrageously” if she didn’t want to have sex, including once urinating on her clothes and once throwing her BlackBerry into the Hudson River.

In Shockey’s last game with the Giants, he suffered a broken fibula when Toomer rolled into the back of his leg. Shockey hasn’t forgiven Toomer for that.

“Well he was the lazy one that broke my leg!!” Shockey wrote.

Shockey also sent a message to Toomer on Twitter, saying, “Go get a bucket of rocks and start throwing them at your glass house.”

And, finally, Shockey suggested that the report about him wanting to return to the Giants is untrue.

“It’s funny how the Ny media still try’s to make money off me!” Shockey wrote. “Can anyone find a quote from me on me wanting to play for the GAINTS?”

Toomer will be a guest on today’s PFT Live. When you watch, we suggest getting your popcorn ready.

Permalink 41 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
41 Responses to “Shockey shoots back at Toomer, dredges up his divorce”
  1. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Mar 15, 2012 10:42 AM

Couple of class acts.

2. northshorejag says: Mar 15, 2012 10:44 AM

Hear that?

That’s what the end of a career sounds like.

Enjoy Miami Beach

3. jacobslatter says: Mar 15, 2012 10:44 AM

Whizzing on a her cloths (sic) isn’t as fun sounding as doodying in the laundry basket in the closet.

4. heybobbay says: Mar 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Gotta side with Shockey on this one

5. flaccodelic says: Mar 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Twitter + illiterate athletes = Hilariousness

6. dryzzt23 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Hell yeah! Don’t take any crap from Toomer, who was a mediocre WR anyway

At least Shockey had talent and other teams wanted him:

On July 21, 2008, the Giants agreed to trade Shockey to the New Orleans Saints in exchange for second and fifth-round picks in the 2009 NFL Draft[4] (in which the Giants picked linebacker Clint Sintim and quarterback Rhett Bomar in second and fifth rounds respectively).

I didn’t see any teams knocking down the Giants door to make a deal to get Toomer

7. megaroad1 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Now this is real drama!

8. lolb23 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:46 AM

Go away Shockey. You’re done.

9. dldove77 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:47 AM

That’s great, but who are the GAINTS, Shockey?

10. benh999 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:49 AM

Come on, who wouldn’t want to play for the GAINTS?

11. madenatewell says: Mar 15, 2012 10:50 AM

I thought it was odd he would say he wanted to be back in NY considering he’s stated twice he wanted to be a panther next year.

12. joeflaccosunibrow says: Mar 15, 2012 10:50 AM

You Stay Classy Shockey…

13. psuravens19 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:51 AM

Are these guys still in High School…

14. wtfru2 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:52 AM

This is why they are both EX-employees of the Giants.

15. ckirklin79 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:52 AM

Grown men acting like kids. smh

16. claymatthewsisonsteroids says: Mar 15, 2012 10:52 AM

Sure glad that University of Miami education is paying off for Shockey. His spelling is worse than the staff at PFT. Maybe PFT is looking for a new member for their writing staff.

17. phinfan says: Mar 15, 2012 10:53 AM

They may have been the most interesting article I read on PFT yet. Good insider work there guys ;)

18. Patriot42 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:54 AM

Both of these upstanding citizens are typical of the type of people that are in professional sports today. We want our sports team to win and whoever can achieve this feat is given the forgiveness to what ever life style that have. The same holds true to those that give us entertainment as we believe every one else should be held to a higher standard.

19. mikephlood says: Mar 15, 2012 10:55 AM

You know you live in 2012 when the main subject of the article is various tweets.

20. karlpilkington says: Mar 15, 2012 10:55 AM

ill take shockey in the squared circle….

21. dg0122 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:56 AM

thanks for removing all doubt Shockey

22. iplaybad says: Mar 15, 2012 10:56 AM

While completely childish, Shockey’s reaction pretty much proves Toomer’s point: only a scumbag would dredge up another man’s divorce for the media. MBennett will be a baller as Eli’s TE option. I’m excited to see it!

23. armchairqb says: Mar 15, 2012 10:57 AM

No thanks, Shockey.

Yours truly,
    Giants Fans Everywhere

24. thesmartest1 says: Mar 15, 2012 10:58 AM

Why would Toomer go personal? Stupid. Shockey could have took the high road though…

25. tluke25 says: Mar 15, 2012 11:15 AM

Toomer pees on his clothes? It won’t be the same for me when I hear Chris Berman call him Armani “Well Dressed” Toomer

26. pape27 says: Mar 15, 2012 11:15 AM

Shockey to the Gints? Oh how I hate the Gints and would love to see that happen – all that angst and drama Shickey brings returning to New Jersey? As a Pats fan I would love it.

But, anyone with a 3rd grade education could see that there is no way in H-E -Double Hockey Sticks would Eli ever allow Shockey back on the Gints roster.

27. morgan420 says: Mar 15, 2012 11:22 AM

I am a football fan to heart I’ve played for 10 yrs and followed for my whole life and I want to say this to shocky and toomer. It bothers me that 2 grown men like yourself can get caught up in “twitter” “facebook” ect, you guys play in the highest level of the sport you only have one job discription, to “play football” not to determine who is a better person or is a sissy or who pulled a “R Kelly” “on his legal wife of course” what happened to the days where you would eat sleep and bleed football. Stop crying cause someone said you weren’t a team player or cause someone broke your leg its football accidents happen get over it.

28. jeffchadwick says: Mar 15, 2012 11:27 AM

Amani was (and is) an upstanding member of the Giants family during his long tenure in New York. Shockey is a proven troublemaker. I’m going to go ahead and side with Toomer on this one.

29. hooahitsnotatomthing says: Mar 15, 2012 11:28 AM

Grown men should not be trading verbal slugs on twitter.
    Twitter is an absolutely horrible thing and turns everyone into a 13 year old, gossip girl.

30. mn2long says: Mar 15, 2012 11:31 AM

Keep it going guys, great entertainment.
    BTW, What does Tike have to say about this?

31. oranjellojones says: Mar 15, 2012 11:47 AM

My memory of Shockey will always be his “classy” move at the end of the Seahawks Giants game in 2005 when he burned himself talking smack while Feely missed the kick. One of the best NFL youtube moments of all time!

32. MossMoon2Packers says: Mar 15, 2012 11:53 AM

I love a good catfight.

33. section315 says: Mar 15, 2012 12:00 PM

Big Al says:
    He wasn’t happy the first time he was here; why would the second tenure be any different?

It amazes me that these guys (Shockey, Plaxico) who wanted nothing to do with the Giants, ALL OFF A SUDDEN, they want to come back after they win the Super Bowl; seems convenient to me.

I like Amani’s comments; those are keepers.

34. tformation says: Mar 15, 2012 12:05 PM

hooahitsnotatomthing,

You can use Twitter without turning into a 13-year-old gossip girl. These grown men, however, have chosen the opposite path.

And it’s fun to watch, honestly. Not very smart of either man to do this… especially Shockey… if I was the Giants, seeing this exchange would definitely be a huge minus for bringing Shockey back… and it seems Shockey has enough minuses right now.

35. jdandcoke says: Mar 15, 2012 12:40 PM

it is said that once you’re a giant…even if its ony on the practice squad for one season…you’re always a giant.
    shockey may be the one guy in the history of the organization to which that unwritten rule does not apply.

amani does local pre and post game work for the giants…..he was, and remains, a well respected giant, who was very underrated as a player.

toomer is a martial artist….he’d bury shockey in a fight.

36. jetzman says: Mar 15, 2012 12:49 PM

Two outstanding role models!!!

37. TSizzleBallSoHard says: Mar 15, 2012 1:43 PM

I think Shockey just proved Toomer right. What a jerk. (Please let me swear PFT so I can call this guy what he truly is!!!!)

38. nyjad says: Mar 15, 2012 3:38 PM

toomer’s all class. put out or get out is what I always say!

39. rcali says: Mar 15, 2012 4:17 PM

Welcome to the media job Mr. Toomer.

40. jnova80 says: Mar 15, 2012 5:28 PM

I’ve always gotten this Tapout/Oakley sunglasses vibe from Shockey…

41. xLith says: Mar 15, 2012 7:53 PM

Shockey is such a troll… I remember the Texans game this year, he was complaining that some of the players didn’t have their hands over their hearts during the anthem. The local media got a hold of a picture of the Panthers sideline during it and 70% of the team was doing the same thing… Just do us all a favor and shut your mouth.