Brandon Marshall’s accuser wants him held criminally accountable

Brandon Marshall AP

Although new Bears receiver Brandon Marshall says he’s confident he won’t be in any trouble — with the law or with the league office — over the latest allegation that he hit a woman, that woman says Marshall absolutely should be prosecuted.

Christin Myles told the New York Daily News that Marshall punched her in the face for no reason and that he should be arrested and charged.

I want him held criminally accountable for what he did to me,” Myles said.

The incident in question took place early Sunday morning when a fight broke out at a New York City nightclub. Marshall’s side of the story is that the only person he saw get hurt was his wife, who got hit in the head with a bottle. Myles’s side of the story is that Marshall ran out of the club swinging at anyone in the general vicinity, and that she ended up with a black eye from Marshall’s fist.

“My eye still hurts,” she said. “I still have problems with my vision.”

Whether Marshall is held criminally accountable or not, the mere presence of an allegation could be enough to get him suspended under the NFL’s personal conduct policy. Marshall has already been suspended once before, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has made clear that he’ll crack down on repeat offenders, and that (as in the case of Ben Roethlisberger) an accusation doesn’t have to lead to criminal charges for it to result in a suspension.

Permalink 40 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
40 Responses to “Brandon Marshall’s accuser wants him held criminally accountable”
  1. qcsfinest704 says: Mar 17, 2012 11:00 AM

The way I see it is if you cant duck a right hook dont be at the club at 4 in the morning.

Now we’ll get the stories of eye pain and back pain and viet nam flashbacks.

Sounds like a money grab to me.

2. mnwn says: Mar 17, 2012 11:01 AM

I’m sure it wasn’t hard finding a picture of him throwing a right hook.

3. dolphandan says: Mar 17, 2012 11:02 AM

Two thirds don’t look so bad now.

4. kingjoe1 says: Mar 17, 2012 11:03 AM

BM should be allowed to protect his wife. However, he is civilly responsible if this woman’s vision is affected. She wants some cash.

5. rolltide510 says: Mar 17, 2012 11:03 AM

So, is being married going to conflict with Brandon Marshall living at Jay Cutler’s house to keep him out of trouble like the old days in Denver?

6. scottpavek says: Mar 17, 2012 11:06 AM

i know “innocent until proven guilty” and all, but given Marshall’s history..

7. thejuddstir says: Mar 17, 2012 11:07 AM

The Bears will regret trading for this nutcase. He needs someone to get his attention, hopefully Goodell will finally tire of Marshall’s antics. According to Marshall, everything is always someone else’s fault.

8. seanatch says: Mar 17, 2012 11:09 AM

9. scratchnpost1234 says: Mar 17, 2012 11:09 AM

Sounds like Marshall should learn his lesson and stay out of night clubs. Does he ever punch a man, or just women?

10. tmar1961 says: Mar 17, 2012 11:09 AM

here we go again, i see another “media conviction” coming.
    If someone attacked his wife with a bottle and the NFL punishes him in ANY way its total crap. Hopefully any man would come to his wife’s defense in that situation and if the NFL sees it otherwise they are idiots to put “the game” ahead of someone defending their spouse even at 4am in a club (nothing illegal or immoral about being out at 4 am btw)

11. r2dtox says: Mar 17, 2012 11:16 AM

There is a reason a talent like this can be had for a couple of third round picks.

12. brutus9448 says: Mar 17, 2012 11:17 AM

He’s not the phins problem any more. Wait till he starts throwing cutler and the rest of the WR under the bus because he’s not getting every ball thrown his way.

13. grogansheroes says: Mar 17, 2012 11:22 AM

Since I got married, I stopped going to night clubs. Why do these rich athletes even go to clubs? Why not invite friends over to the mansion and party there?

14. suprsquirrel says: Mar 17, 2012 11:31 AM

Forgive me for not convicting the man already, but I agree with qcsfinest704. All the signs are there:

1) Unemployed, wanting to get into show business (wants to get into sports broadcasting.) What better way to ‘get noticed’ than to supposedly get beat down by a famous WR who has had previous issues, right?

2) Doesn’t report the incident until the next day. Because that seems normal, right? Because she was ‘afraid of what he might do.’ Um, ok. Or maybe you didn’t realize it was Brandon Marshall until someone told you at a later time and then you go back to point #1.

I know the easy thing to do is to throw Marshall under the bus and assume he’s guilty. And, hey, maybe we’ll find out he is. But from the very start this woman has given people a reason to question her credibility and thus far it seems far too many people are taking her at her word…

15. AlohaMrHand says: Mar 17, 2012 11:37 AM

she shouldnt of made him angry,it’s her own fault
    signed

Floyd Mayweather Jr

16. packfaninchitown says: Mar 17, 2012 11:48 AM

Was it ever made clear that Myles was the one that threw the bottle?

17. joetoronto says: Mar 17, 2012 12:09 PM

There’s way too many animals playing in the NFL today, these idiots are out of control.

Where does it end, will we see mass murders playing soon?

18. ddmcd1974 says: Mar 17, 2012 12:10 PM

Sticking up for your wife is one thing, clocking a woman is another. He should have called po po and pointed out who did it and charge them.

19. modellforprez says: Mar 17, 2012 12:34 PM

true true true. fingers and fists you can’t really compare. my guy told me big bum rottenrazenburgher still hasn’t washed his hands. that’s trife. cut ben he’s done save all that cap space and play dixon he’s ready

20. overkil2 says: Mar 17, 2012 12:35 PM

I have no problems with protecting your wife, but if u hit a lady that wasn’t responsible for that, then u deserve to be prosecuted, period!

21. overkil2 says: Mar 17, 2012 12:38 PM

seanatch March 17, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT

_________

Sure, but did he hit the right person? Defending your wife doesn’t mean you can swing at anyone.

I don’t know who threw the bottle, but I am looking forward for these events to play out so we can see what really happened .

22. steelersredsoxnation says: Mar 17, 2012 12:50 PM

Bitch is running wild man.

23. mantastic54 says: Mar 17, 2012 12:53 PM

She was supposed to meet with detectives yesterday and was a no show and hasn’t been seen since. This sounds a little sketchy

24. randomguy9999 says: Mar 17, 2012 12:56 PM

thejuddstir says:
    Mar 17, 2012 11:07 AM

=============================

everything always being someone else’s fault… even his own behavior, is the trademark of borderline personality people….

if you spend millions to hire someone who is the psychologically ideal NON-team player… shame on you

what a Bear fan should be asking is:
    “you guys knew this guy has this issue, and if he had a bad knee you would have him pass a medical, did you have him examined by a Psychologist before you bet the team on him?”

25. MTLighthouse69 says: Mar 17, 2012 12:58 PM

seanatch said:
    Mar 17, 2012 11:09 AM
    “Sounds to me like Marshall was protecting his wife after she got hit with a glass bottle….”

===

Marshall makes his living with his hands, it would be pretty stupid on his part risking injury and his livelihood if he did indeed punch someone.

26. rammerray says: Mar 17, 2012 1:04 PM

I just don’t want to see the “Days Without An Arrest” sign go back to zero right now….

27. eessppnn says: Mar 17, 2012 1:05 PM

tmara1961
    Are u kidding, he and his wife have life threatening violent acts that have been committed to one another.
    But this time he is innocent???
    I am sure, and hasn’t learned a thing. Even after he and his cousin started the fight and were the intended victim of the drive by shooting that killed a teammate!
    But not this time out at nearly 4am
    Pull ur head out of your a$$
    The league needs to put him out of football and make him deal with these life threatening issues this young man has.

28. edavidberg says: Mar 17, 2012 1:24 PM

If Marshall’s wife was injured … there should be documentation and it greatly improves his defense.

In a bar fight like that everyone is drinking, you cannot take the word of an accuser at face value. The security tapes, independent witnesses, they all will fill in the pieces.

If I were Marshall’s lawyer I’d release information about his wife’s injuries if there were any.

29. inditkawetrust says: Mar 17, 2012 1:35 PM

Granted, I’ll be biased because I’m a Bears fan..

But, don’t ya think if you were to got punched in the face at a club.. you’d report it immediately?

It just seems like a money grab to me.. Apparently his story checks out.

But I can totally see why (given brandon’s past) that he’d be accused of something like this.

30. jmak79 says: Mar 17, 2012 1:37 PM

Tmara1961, your a hater. This lady sounds like a gold digger and if im protecting my wife, just lucky the whole bar didn’t get a beat down. You must live a safe comfortable life which is why you have no idea what it’s like to be a millionaire who just wants to be out for a night. He was targeted, sick people are out there and Marshall isn’t one of them.

31. 69finfan says: Mar 17, 2012 1:40 PM

The question is and should be why was he protecting her? The biatch tried to kill him last year.

32. wnstonchill says: Mar 17, 2012 2:09 PM

Here’s the bottom line: Even if Brandon Marshall is proven innocent in this incident (and I hope that’s the case), he’s still at fault for being in a bar! We can all play the “victim” card and most of us do, but we put ourselves in these situations and therefore, we are the only one’s who can do something about it! Friendly advice for Brandon Marshall; stay home and read good books, listen to motivational leadership material and associate with people who have character and truly have your best interest in mind! It works as sure as gravity does! How do I know this?? I played at the NFL level, I used to do these things!!! When the pain of change becomes greater than the pain of staying the same, people will CHANGE! God bless you Brandon, make your life count!

33. situsavaisprier says: Mar 17, 2012 4:15 PM

One scenario is for the woman to create enough attention so Marshall can agree to a settlement in my opinion.

34. dyane417 says: Mar 17, 2012 4:49 PM

Too easy to become a target stay home

35. cornersss says: Mar 17, 2012 10:31 PM

“Since I got married, I stopped going to night clubs. Why do these rich athletes even go to clubs? ”

Was the after party for the charity event that Marshal was the key note speaker for

36. catquick says: Mar 17, 2012 11:35 PM

A fancy club in NYC has to have this all on video. This will wash out the lies. Marshall’s a nutbag and so’s his woman. She stabbed him last year. I wonder what he did to make her stab him, or is she just fruit loops too? As for not reporting it til the day after, I did that once in the 70′s. I was advised to report it in case there was any repercussions later. If you don’t report it and the other party does, you’re the guilty one. It is a good point though, doesn’t this guy ever fight with a man?

37. jim93402 says: Mar 18, 2012 11:53 AM

Seriously I really hope this latest bears receiver doesn’t show up in a parking lot with a bag full of cash and a problem …

38. comeonnowguys says: Mar 19, 2012 1:53 PM

So apparently the accuser skipped out on a meeting with NYPD detectives, who still don’t feel the need to talk with Marshall.

Someone set the table for thousands; the crow has been thrown into the oven.

39. larryboodry says: Mar 19, 2012 2:09 PM

Hard for some people to eat baked crow until they remove their foot from their mouth. (So I’ve heard, anyway.)

40. doug1grohlin says: Mar 19, 2012 3:08 PM

Good to hear that this woman is sounding like a bigger flake.

NFL season needs to start!

Go Bears!