Vikings release former Saints DT Remi Ayodele

Getty Images

On the same day that the NFL unveiled staggering sanctions against Saints coach Sean Payton and others for maintaining a bounty system from 2009 through 2011, the Vikings have dumped a member of the 2009 Saints defense.

The team announced that defensive tackle Remi Ayodele has been released.

Ayodele signed as a free agent with the Vikings in 2011.  He was due to earn base salaries of $2.2 million in each of the next two seasons.

He appeared in 16 games, with 13 starts, during his only season with the Vikings.  And, yes, that’s him striking a pose for the Saints on one of the many occasions Brett Favre was getting acquainted with the carpet at the Superdome during the 2009 NFC title game.

71 responses to “Vikings release former Saints DT Remi Ayodele

1. Thank god, this guy flat out sucked for the Vikings last year.

Can’t wait for Goodell to throw down the hammer on the dirty players. Hopefully the same fate as Gregg & Sean.

2. So does this mean Remi Ayodele is one of the players? I wonder if other teams will follow this trend. I’m curious to see what players will be fined/suspended (Vilma is definitely gone for at least 8 games).

3. Culture of Accountability, don’t mess with Ziggy! He deserves it and he ain’t that good a player anyway. Viking have better younger players who aren’t cheaters. He will be suspended for 4 games based on the hit on Farve.

4. Remi did a present value calculation for a $1,000 bounty in 2009, factoring for inflation, rising gas and energy prices, the possibility of European government defaults, and a worldwide economic slowdown, and decided that $1,000 in the pocket in 2009 was more valuable that $2.2 million in potential income in 2012.

Smart man.

5. Amazing that the ethically sound Vikings organization that had its Super Bowl stolen would even consider employing someone dirty enough to play defense for the Saints…

6. I don’t think this has anything to do with the bounty issue. Remi straight sucked this past year. When you are a defensive linemen and you suck…you don’t get 2.2 million. They would have kept him, even with the threat of a suspension. Because during suspensions, the team doesn’t pay the player. They cut him because he didn’t perform.

7. Back to the Saints you go! Proof it’s the system not the player that makes a differance!

and the vikings have neither.

8. 8. Loser: Vikings.

Good teams can afford to sit on the sidelines in the early days of free agency. The Vikings are not a good team.

———————————————

This bares repeating on every vikequeef thread. They are losers! They have always been losers and they will remain losers…………….LOSERS!

9. If I have to read another post by another loser Vikings fan, I swear I’m gonna throw up in my own mouth, I swear!!,

10. crabboil says:Mar 21, 2012 4:46 PM
    And the Vikings still haven’t won a Super Bowl.

Yea cause it was cheated away from us Katrina, Refs, and injuries.

11. scrapingthefloorioforstorios says:
    Mar 21, 2012 4:41 PM
    they also released former living person korey stringer..
    —————-

You just became the King of douche-bags

12. matthewcarlson1 says:
    Mar 21, 2012 4:37 PM
    Shouldn’t have signed that worthless cheater in the first place.

——————————————-

MN shouldn’t have been given an NFL franchise in the first place!

13. scrapingthefloorioforstorios says:
    Mar 21, 2012 4:41 PM
    they also released former living person korey stringer..

—————————————————-

Wait… my comments don’t get posted b/c I use a cuss word or 2, but this guy can post some vile, disgusting comment about someone who lost their life and it gets green-lit?

The mods on this site amaze me.

14. scrapingthefloorioforstorios says: Mar 21, 2012 4:41 PM

they also released former living person korey stringer..
    ___________________

Why would you even post something like that?

15. “jason1980 says: Mar 21, 2012 4:55 PM

If I have to read another post by another loser Vikings fan, I swear I’m gonna throw up in my own mouth, I swear!!,”

Don’t swear…, swallow.

16. Start throwing up jason1980!
    Glad to see the boom getting lowered (or is that “leauxered”?) on the Taints!!!

17. gb4mn0 says:
    Mar 21, 2012 4:52 PM
    8. Loser: Vikings.

———————————————

—————————————————-

funny how this clown comments on all Vikings stories… I guess there aren’t ever any fudgepacker stories so I understand.. Sucks when nobody cares about your team, they even won a superbowl and nobody cares.

18. devikesfan says: Mar 21, 2012 5:05 PM

Start throwing up jason1980!
    Glad to see the boom getting lowered (or is that “leauxered”?) on the Taints!!!
    ——

19. scrapingthefloorioforstorios says: Mar 21, 2012 4:41 PM

they also released former living person korey stringer..
    —————————————————–
    saints fan here…i can take all the jokes but i have been censured on this site many times for what i say however i cant understand being a human being how this made it thru… truly tasteless among the tasteless written on this site. as i always say on pft its all about the clicks.

20. How can the moderators leave some of these comments up yet delete others that are actually regarding football?! Someone needs to be fired. They do a poor job and seem to only remove things that they feel like. I’m glad it’s okay in the moderator’s book to wish death on someone but it’s not okay to tell someone you disagree with their opinions (insert sarcastic tone here).

21. MF: “… one of the many occasions Brett Favre was getting acquainted with the carpet.”

Did you mean to write, “…one of the many times Brett Favre was getting cheap-shotted.”?

22. Good move on the Vikings part but boy are they having a terrible offseason.. way over paid for a tight end they don’t really need and i saw they signed a full back.. they missed out on most of the good receivers.. makes ya wonder if they’re thinking about taking Blackmon with that third pick.. i agree with a rebuilding team like this, taking the safe pick (kalil) is the best move but even though they’re rebuilding, they need to sell tickets and Blackmon is definitely the sexy pick at the 3rd spot.

23. aasukisuki says:Mar 21, 2012 4:59 PM

scrapingthefloorioforstorios says:
    Mar 21, 2012 4:41 PM
    they also released former living person korey stringer..

—————————————————-

The mods on this site amaze me.

———–

Someday I’m going to start my own NFL rumors website and nobody associated with this website will ever be allowed to comment

24. Yeah but you’re not going to like the 2013 playoffs when MIN is at home again watching NO.
    —————————————-

The Taints will be watching the postseason from home for at least the next five years. Book it!

25. Save $2.2M against the cap for a so/so player who is probably going to be suspended.

Who says Speilman is totally stupid? Now go out and use the money to sign someone who is actually good.

PS- Now we know why Terry Porter isn’t signed….can you say suspension coming?

26. Mar 21, 2012 4:56 PM
    crabboil says:Mar 21, 2012 4:46 PM
    And the Vikings still haven’t won a Super Bowl.

Yea cause it was cheated away from us Katrina, Refs, and injuries.

And a fumble prone running back. Don’t forget that one. And absolutely no special teams. And 12 men in a huddle. Your sorry team straight up didn’t deserve to win.

And you morons realize that you would have had to win against the Colts as well, right? You folks seem to think winning that particular game was a given.

27. Never knew that putting qb’s on their backs was cheating smh let geaux Saints. A bunch of liberal sissies oh he’s hitting too hard give me a break.

28. Then after the Vikings lose the Championship Game, they endure a humiliating off season, which includes three of them going to Miss. to woo Pevre and his cell phone.
    Then they have a season So Utterly Horrifying, even Their Stadium tries to commit suicide.
    Then they sign the guy who hurt Pevre, to a 3-year, $9 Million Dollar Contract–who goes out and has a terrible year.
    Then they find out he was paid to hurt their quarterback.
    Ouch.

29. saintsrealdeal says:Mar 21, 2012 5:50 PM

——————————————————
    But Johnathan Vilma ponied up 10,000 dollars to try to make sure the man he FEARED the most (a 40 year old man, at that) was taken off the field on a cart.
    Putting out contracts on opposing players must be what the “tough” guys do, huh?

30. It is pretty obvious that Remi Ayodele was the original snitch who then recanted.

31. saintsrealdeal says:Mar 21, 2012 5:50 PM

————————————-

Did you lying was bad (probably not being from New Orleans)….but I’m guessing even you morons will figure it out over the next couple of years…

32. Pets to Go says: Mar 21, 2012 6:11 PM

——————————————–

By that logic, I guess New Orleans tried to kill itself when the levees broke, right?

33. deviking: No. I was just remembering everything from Chilly smooching Pevre, Pevre’s cell phone pix, Randy Moss showing up, then being cut, then Chilly being fired, then the stadium collapsing, then Pevre’s chin-assistant, then the Vikes playing at Home in Detroit…I’m sure I left a lot of stuff out, but when the offseason came, there was talk of building a new home for the Vikings on a toxic waste dump–After millions of dollars were spent repairing the roof…Yeah, I left a LOT of other stuff out. But you catch my drift.

34. @ scrapingthefloorioforstorios,crabboil,jason1980 and your fearless leader gb4mn0,,,,the only thing worse than Remi Ayodeles worthless play is your premature ejacuposting on Viking stories,,,get some game kiddos,this is a big boy site.

35. deviking: No. I was just remembering everything from Chilly smooching Pevre, Pevre’s cell phone pix, Randy Moss showing up, then being cut, then Chilly being fired, then the stadium collapsing, then Pevre’s chin-assistant, then the Vikes playing at Home in Detroit…I’m sure I left a lot of stuff out, but when the offseason came, there was talk of building a new home for the Vikings on a toxic waste dump–After millions of dollars were spent repairing the roof…Yeah, I left a LOT of other stuff out. But you catch my drift.
    —————————————————-
    Yeah, I catch your drift pets to go.
    Speaking of toxic waste dumps- didn’t the Superdome get overrun with raw sewage and other nasty stuff in the aftermath of Katrina, leading to the nickname of “Sewerdome”?
    Why wasn’t a new facility built for the Taints, instead of merely cleaning that dump up?
    Oh, here’s a BIG difference between the Vikings and Taints- Chilly was confident enough in his team’s ability to win without having to resort to bounties. Obviously, Sean Payton cannot say the same.
    I could go on, but you catch my drift…

36. Pets to Go says: Mar 21, 2012 6:36 PM

——————————————

I agree repairing the roof is almost as dumb as living in city right next to a huge body of water and being below sea level!

I guess you like Perve being that you are a fan of the Superdome — given everything that went on in there during katrina…

37. Pets to Go:
    Actually, I was in the minority of Vikings fans that never wanted Favre on the team. But, I wasn’t going to quit rooting for my team just because they brought him in to be QB.
    BTW, your last sentence really isn’t making any sense. Will you clarify?
    And, watch those quotes- you are “crediting” me with your original comment.

38. jason1980 if u have problem with the viking posts, quit trolling n go swallow on your teams site. Most of the posts here are generally good until there is someone like u that disrespects. It will catch up to somehow someway and you will wonder why that happened.

39. cj1saintman says:
    Mar 21, 2012 7:35 PM
    Vikcants fans should take anyone they can get with that miserable team!!
    ———————————————-

I’ve heard some pretty bad nicknames, but Vikcants? thats the worst one for sure.. thats not even clever. The Taints makes sense because you are replacing the S with a T.. and their franchise is Tainted.. get it? Nicknames are supposed to make sense like that. Fudgepackers.. Vikequeens, because ViKINGS is replaced with QUEENS. Do you get it? take some time and think of something better.