In case you missed it, the Tim Tebow press conference

New York Jets quarterback Tebow reacts as he answers a question while he is introduced at a Jets news conference at the team's training center in Florham Park Reuters

Monday’s edition of PFT Live began at 12:00 p.m. ET, as it always does.  The Tim Tebow press conference was scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. ET, but it started late.

Not incredibly late, like Peyton Manning last week (17 minutes) or Mario Williams the week before (two hours), but late enough to require me to do some general babbling before Tebow made his stroll to the podium in a suit and tie and two-day facial hair growth.

So here’s the guy who displayed the demeanor of a guy who wears a green elf suit and tights, who may or may not want to know what your favorite color is, and who seemed at one point inevitable to say, “Smiling’s my favorite.”

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 40 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
40 Responses to “In case you missed it, the Tim Tebow press conference”
  1. luchey says: Mar 26, 2012 8:03 PM

Yawn…..nothing to see here folks. Tebow may be one of the most tremendous human beings on the planet but not a great QB IMO. Funny the Jets didnt have a press conference to announce Drew Stanton last week…..

2. nepatriots128154 says: Mar 26, 2012 8:07 PM

I’m excited to watch this.

3. bearsstillsuck says: Mar 26, 2012 8:09 PM

If he was half as comfortable in the pocket as he is in front of cameras, he’d be an ok quarterback.

4. dmartin17 says: Mar 26, 2012 8:09 PM

In case you missed it here it is:
    “Excited, Excited, Excited, Excited, Excited”

5. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Mar 26, 2012 8:10 PM

Why not make fun of someone that isn’t, you know, a role model? I guess it’s just easy.

6. trbowman says: Mar 26, 2012 8:15 PM

I turned on the television for one minute today, so I didn’t miss it.

7. khuxford says: Mar 26, 2012 8:16 PM

They need an independent body to monitor pro sports leagues so the American public can have faith that this isn’t the equivalent of pro wrestling? Why? It’s only entertainment. Unless, of course, you bet on it…which is illegal. So you expect an independent or federal commission set up to police the sports leagues to protect the integrity of illegal sports gambling? Idiotic.

8. skipbayless says: Mar 26, 2012 8:16 PM

The pic used is effin priceless. Def a Top 5 pic of all time used on this site. Just scrolled up to see it again, lmfao. Hilarious.

9. vikingsvoice says: Mar 26, 2012 8:17 PM

10. andrejohnsonforpresident says: Mar 26, 2012 8:23 PM

It sounds funny when he says power at around 20 mins. If I had it recorded I would remix it.

11. moustachedone says: Mar 26, 2012 8:42 PM

Dude is Forest Gump with bible tics.

12. boilerup1869 says: Mar 26, 2012 8:43 PM

From what I saw, Tim is really excited to be a Jet.

13. RavenzGunnerz says: Mar 26, 2012 8:52 PM

speaking in tongues.

14. jpb12 says: Mar 26, 2012 8:52 PM

What was the over / under on the use of the word ‘excited’? Had to be 37.

15. davidcl77 says: Mar 26, 2012 8:53 PM

Hell of a good person and football player. The Jets sure as hell need a savior. He will do well, whatever his role is.
    Sad so many people offer nothing but criticism. As the old saying goes, “people criticize other people when they have poor images of themselves.”
    Cromartie and Revis stayed clear of hitting him, so they should be glad they don’t have to this year!

16. blacknole08 says: Mar 26, 2012 8:58 PM

Damn Tebow “excited” must be your favorite word, seeing as how you said it over 40 times in the span of about 40 minutes

17. kyannalashae says: Mar 26, 2012 9:04 PM

Darn it he is soooooo handsome and such a Godly man…Tim Tebow Please Marry Me Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. kyannalashae says: Mar 26, 2012 9:06 PM

vikingsvoice Why does he always seem to speak in 3 or 4 word sentences? I have to pause…every time I speak…and I love God…and uhm…you should too…and I’m so blessed…and you are too!

Stop making fun of how he speaks…If you didn’t know he had Dyslexia when he was growing up which is a slight learning disability duh!

19. jimr10 says: Mar 26, 2012 9:17 PM

Unlike most of you… i am continually impressed with him as a person..

20. babyhorsemorgan says: Mar 26, 2012 9:17 PM

Obama recorded it so he could work on his delivery later tonight.

21. whatswiththehate says: Mar 26, 2012 9:18 PM

Tim Tebow should just go work for the media and give up on his football career. He can save some of those heathens with suits on.

Sanchez has a weak season and his QB career is over. Tim Tebow is a weak QB but he keeps getting second, third and fourth chances because he has “potential.”

The difference between potential and ability is the defense between a college QB and an NFL QB. If all that is keeping Tim going as a QB is his “potential” that is not good.

22. mungman69 says: Mar 26, 2012 9:23 PM

Remind me to buy some of that underwear.

23. kyannalashae says: Mar 26, 2012 9:25 PM

I’m praying for you Timmy…please stay strong while you’re in NYC!:)

24. kyannalashae says: Mar 26, 2012 9:26 PM

I love Tim’s beautiful smile…it warms my heart:)

25. kyannalashae says: Mar 26, 2012 9:29 PM

I don’t know what people are talking about…Tebow is very articulate!:)

26. completefan says: Mar 26, 2012 9:38 PM

I’m looking forward to next year’s press conference when Tebow is introduced as the starting quarterback for the Edmonton Eskimos.

27. andrewfbrowne says: Mar 26, 2012 10:01 PM

He said he was excited or this is exciting 44 times. That is a lot of excitement. That is a real number.

Got to feel for the guy though goes 7-4 as a starter and wins a playoff game and gets shown the door.

Still though, Buffalo beat him by 4 TD’s and NE beat him twice by like 70 points combined last year, so I do not know how excited he is going to be to see Mario Williams and Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo on the regular.

28. dubblelznhell says: Mar 26, 2012 10:40 PM

Tebow makes me wanna vomit. I would not want to be this guys teammate.

29. stevenreichert says: Mar 26, 2012 10:53 PM

Tim sounded very gracious at this press conference. After he pulled-off one miracle after another last year to take the Broncos to the playoffs, only to be run out of town, he still found a way to smile. Class act.

30. technocrat7 says: Mar 26, 2012 10:54 PM

I wish I could be on whatever he is

31. barbeaux says: Mar 26, 2012 11:10 PM

Wait. Dyslexia makes one speak in short sentences? I thought it had something to do with reading.

32. savagenation2011 says: Mar 26, 2012 11:24 PM

dubblelznhell says: Mar 26, 2012 10:40 PM

Tebow makes me wanna vomit. I would not want to be this guys teammate.

…..Wow! surprising comment from an atheist with the word “hell” in his name.

33. tocolts says: Mar 27, 2012 1:22 AM

the link to the movie elf is perfect

34. detroitcityryda says: Mar 27, 2012 1:25 AM

He said “excited” 45 times , not joking .

35. culturalelitist says: Mar 27, 2012 5:10 AM

He’s amazingly lifelike.

36. kyannalashae says: Mar 27, 2012 5:19 AM

barbeaux says:
    Mar 26, 2012 11:10 PM

It does have something to do with reading but Dyslexia can affect the way a person understands sentences early on and can affect a person’s speech.

Because people with Dyslexia have difficulty connecting the sounds of language to the letters of words, they may have difficulty understanding sentences.

37. GG Eden says: Mar 27, 2012 7:17 AM

Towards the end of the press conference, Tebow was asked a question and he answered….

“I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere such as and I believe that they should…our education over here in the US should help the US or should help South Africa, should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.”

38. gmsingh says: Mar 27, 2012 8:24 AM

From the photos alone you have to wonder how Tebow didn’t get cast in the new Three Stooges movie.

39. vikingsvoice says: Mar 27, 2012 11:46 AM

Kyannalashae:

Reading disorder, not speaking disorder…

40. gassiusclay says: Mar 27, 2012 7:26 PM

Redskins fan here:
    1) he has a signed Danny wuerful autograph…LMFAO
    2) it is so refreshing to see a pro athlete who is (what appears to be) a great human being
    3) hope his actions mirror his words (I think they will…no Tiger going to happen)
    4) I don’t understand why people hate on him so much…he wins, albeit unconventionally, but wins none the less
    5) he will bring character and TRUE leadership to a talented locker room in desperate need of just that
    6) Jets WILL make the playoffs