NFL announces full 2012 draft order

2011 Heisman Trophy Presentation Getty Images

After Monday’s awarding of 32 compensatory picks, the full 2012 NFL draft order has now been revealed.

The NFL released today the draft order from Pick No. 1 (owned by the Colts) to Pick No. 253 (Mr. Irrelevant, also owned by the Colts) and all the picks between. Those 253 picks include the usual seven picks per team, plus 32 compensatory picks, minus the Saints’ second-round pick (forfeited because of the bounty scandal), minus the Lions’ sixth-round pick (forfeited because of tampering), minus the Raiders’ third-round pick (used to take Terrelle Pryor in the supplemental draft).

The first round of the NFL draft takes place on Thursday, April 26, with Rounds 2-3 on Friday, April 27 and Rounds 4-7 on Saturday, April 28.

The full draft order is right here.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
31 Responses to “NFL announces full 2012 draft order”
  1. jmsincla says: Mar 27, 2012 10:04 AM

2. coltsfanincad says: Mar 27, 2012 10:04 AM

…With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, Quarterback from Stanford.

3. specialteamsposter says: Mar 27, 2012 10:08 AM

I still think the Lions’ tampering case is bull. Even Page’s agent thought it was ridiculous.

4. shackdelrio says: Mar 27, 2012 10:09 AM

“jmsincla says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:04 AM
    Hey look, the Redskins still have 7 picks this year. So much for selling the farm for RG3.”

I’m pretty sure it will be the whole no first round picks until 2015 that is considered “selling the farm”.

5. thejabronisayz says: Mar 27, 2012 10:11 AM

I’m going to laugh if/when the Colts pick RGIII and screw the Redskins. Granted, they will still get Luck, but it will nonetheless be hilarious.

6. suckleague says: Mar 27, 2012 10:12 AM

With the second pick the 2012 NFL Draft, the Redskins have traded out of the number 2 position…..

7. boilerup1869 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:12 AM

———–

Yeah but you know they’re still going to suck.

8. jmsincla says: Mar 27, 2012 10:22 AM

@boilerup1869-

Haha, I’m prepared for it. I’ve been a Skins fan for some time, I always expect the worst. By the way, Hail Purdue!

Also, to those who say they’ve got no 1st round picks for 2 years, fair point. if you look at the Redskins 1st round picks the past 10 or so years they’re 50-50 with success rate.

I’m holding out hope for the Skins to be successful with whatever QB they get and then count the next 2 years as default misses, haha. (I personally will have no issue if the Colts take RG3, Luck would be the best ‘consolation prize’ ever!)

9. dolphins4 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:25 AM

And at pick 15 the Eagles select another undersized defensive lineman.

10. skipbayless says: Mar 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Skins could have Big Tuna at the helm and 7 more picks and they’d still be the same old foreskins

11. teddybayer123 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:28 AM

says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:12 AM

———–

Have some cheese and wine with that MASSIVE RATIONALISM!
    Shanny’s days are over, he just can’t get it done w/o Elway and T.D.
    Drafting the “new Randall Cunningham just ain’t the same thing.

And if Mrs. Shanny was a ball-buster in Denver during the winning years, — and she was! — how mean must she now be?

12. baddegg says: Mar 27, 2012 10:30 AM

shackdelrio says:Mar 27, 2012 10:09 AM

“jmsincla says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:04 AM

—————-

I’m pretty sure the Redskins would rather have a franchise QB for the next ten years then be able to pick Laron Landry, Part II next year.

13. sj39 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:35 AM

I really think RGIII is going to be the better QB so as a Rams fan I’m hoping the Colts take him and the Skins go 0-16 with Luck for the next 2 years. I know, I’m greedy with those two first round draft picks.

14. suckleague says: Mar 27, 2012 10:47 AM

@dolphins4

With the 5th pick in the 2012 Draft, my Tampa Bay Buccaneers select somebody who will spend the 2013 season in jail.

15. hendawg21 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:49 AM

thejabronisayz says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:11 AM

Well my friend the basis for you feeling it would be hilarious is premature don’t you think??? First it’s the media who ran away with the story and belief that Andrew Luck would be a Colt and would leave RGIII for whomever had the 2nd pick which now is Washington…that being said whoever the Skins land will be a win situation. To be honest I’d hate to be the one going to Indy they are in a complete rebuild mode at least Washington has a good defense and some pieces on offense…

16. indywilson40 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:51 AM

Can’t wait for the draft!! I’m excited, it should be exciting x 45.

17. chadgoy says: Mar 27, 2012 10:56 AM

Redskins have 7 picks? Big deal. Raiders have 5 picks (3rd, 4th, 2 5ths and a 6th) plus they got Carson Palmer, Terelle Pryor, Aaron Curry, DVD, & Taiwan Jones (plus a Jason Campbell rent for 2 years which might turn into another comp pick).

18. hendawg21 says: Mar 27, 2012 10:58 AM

sj39 says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:35 AM

You know what the Rams will still be sorry team and by the time you use that second 1st round pick you’ll be rooting for the Los Angeles Rams…

19. jonkoethe says: Mar 27, 2012 11:04 AM

As a STEELERS fan I would love to see them somehow trade up to get Dontari Poe, but that’s really not their style. That dude is a hoss, perfect for the nose.

20. boilerup1869 says: Mar 27, 2012 11:08 AM

hail purdue

21. blackqbwhiterb says: Mar 27, 2012 11:15 AM

I, for one, would be THRILLED if the Colts shocked everyone and took RG3 over Luck. I believe Luck will be better in the NFL than RG3. But hey, the roster in Washington right now has Rex Grossman and Jonathan Crompton and John Beck, so I can’t really lose either way, can I?

22. expertop says: Mar 27, 2012 11:27 AM

boilerup1869 says:
    Mar 27, 2012 11:08 AM

hail purdue
    ————————

Dork.

23. mwcarolina says: Mar 27, 2012 11:28 AM

——————————————————
    why’s that hilarious???? as a Redskin fan i would have NO issue with seeing Luck in a Skins uniform, he’s from the DC area and he’s mobile enough to run Shanahan’s offense and smart enough to pick up his playbook, he doesnt have the strongest arm, but big deal, he is a good fit there too!!! i dont care if we get RG3 or Luck, i will take either of them.

24. howardforvezina says: Mar 27, 2012 11:42 AM

NFL can the Lions get that 6 round pick back, please? :(

25. wicky888 says: Mar 27, 2012 11:47 AM

——————————————–
    Its not draft day yet ….. they still have time to trade them away.

26. radrntn says: Mar 27, 2012 11:53 AM

Lets see how the haters like this draft for the Raiders.

Rd 1 – Carson Palmer
    Rd2- Barsdale, and Taiwan Jones
    Rd 3 Terrell Pryor, and TBD
    Rd 4- TBD
    Rd5-TBD
    Rd6-TBD
    Rd7- Aaron Curry.

27. radrntn says: Mar 27, 2012 11:56 AM

thejabronisayz says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:11 AM
    ________________________________

Sorry that would be called screwing yourself. Colts are not that stupid to take RGIII, only the redskins are.

28. jgedgar70 says: Mar 27, 2012 12:24 PM

suckleague says:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:47 AM
    @dolphins4

_____

As a Panther fan, I hope you’re right. Hope you enjoy having Cam Newton as a thorn in your side for the next decade. :-)

29. vaphinfan says: Mar 27, 2012 12:39 PM

WOW……patriots didn’t get any Compensatory Picks this year?????? They usually get the best ones year in and year out.

30. cwmorga says: Mar 27, 2012 1:00 PM

@jgedgar70 says: Mar 27, 2012 12:24 PM

———————

Unfortunately for Panther fans the Yucks are the only NFC South team Cam could beat.

31. steelymcbeam6 says: Mar 27, 2012 1:22 PM

I can’t pretend to know what Pittsburgh will do in the draft but they have proven to know exactly what they are doing so whomever they draft I’m sure will make an immediate impact