New Seahawks logo leaked?

09000d5d812f3258_gallery_600 Getty Images

Less than a week from the unveiling of the new Nike NFL apparel, one of the only teams expected to undergo a potentially significant change may have had its new logo leaked, via the league-owned network.

The folks at seattlepi.com have compiled the evidence, which suggests a return of silver to the team’s color scheme.

Of course, there’s also a chance that the hideous phosphorescent green will also be more prevalent in the new uniforms, which will burns retinas to the point where no other colors can be detected.

Either way, have a giant pair of nuclear-test sunglasses ready next week, just in case.

Permalink 42 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
42 Responses to “New Seahawks logo leaked?”
  1. matthewcarlson1 says: Mar 28, 2012 9:54 PM

The old blue and silver Seahawks unis are some of the best looking uniforms in pro sports.. I hope they do go back to somthing like that.

2. billymc75 says: Mar 28, 2012 10:00 PM

Again? I guess you gotta keep the interest up at a losing franchise

3. jkast808 says: Mar 28, 2012 10:01 PM

Their uni colors are fine, just dump the green all together.

4. purplengold says: Mar 28, 2012 10:06 PM

Grown men are forced to wear that shade of green as punishment in some countries.

5. joetorious says: Mar 28, 2012 10:08 PM

Dang – changing one small component of a logo to a slightly different hue really is a super-drastic change. Totally newsworthy.

6. jacobslatter says: Mar 28, 2012 10:12 PM

Dig the shade of green in the above photo. Many of the polo shirts in the closet are that color, the kind you find on the clearance rack for less than 10 bucks.

7. killface4prez says: Mar 28, 2012 10:18 PM

Meet the new logo, same as the old logo

8. Canyonero says: Mar 28, 2012 10:19 PM

I’m still convinced the phosphorescent green unis wrecked Aaron Curry’s career

9. mempusa says: Mar 28, 2012 10:30 PM

The current Seahawks uniforms are much better looking than the Largent days. Granted, that freaky green needs to be kept to a minimum but the helmets and home uni’s are dope. They shouldn’t drop the current dark blue. For Seattle’s sake, I hope Nike takes it easy on them. Look at what they did to O!

10. stevenfbrackett says: Mar 28, 2012 10:35 PM

The logo looks good but the gloves also pictured are atrocious. And please don’t let their, or any teams uniforms use florescent colors.

1985 was pretty good to me but I feel no need to go back.

11. PFTiswhatitis says: Mar 28, 2012 10:36 PM

woopdeedoohdahday!
    The use of the word “leaked” in this instance is overly dramatic.

12. kane337 says: Mar 28, 2012 10:40 PM

Logo looks the same. Just different color. Looks good though.

13. Fantasy Football Legend says: Mar 28, 2012 10:40 PM

I dont think they changed anything.

14. GoHawks.info says: Mar 28, 2012 10:41 PM

They wore the green once 3 seasons ago and Pete said they won’t be back. Yes, 70% hated them, me included, but the ladies love em Get over it already.

15. thehighhat says: Mar 28, 2012 10:51 PM

Maybe Pete can get em to 500 this year in their sharp new uni’s!

16. coop16 says: Mar 28, 2012 10:55 PM

Not a Seahawks fan but I give them credit for livening up the dull rain-colored jerseys with something eye-catching and different. Now, granted, a little phosphorescent green goes a long way … not sure I’d want to see football players in that color head to toe. But as an accent color, it works.

17. AlohaMrHand says: Mar 28, 2012 11:05 PM

I thought the new Seahawk logo would be this upside down bird with an X for its eyes

18. charger383 says: Mar 28, 2012 11:07 PM

Those things in the picture look like highway flagger’s vests

19. Lou Pickney says: Mar 28, 2012 11:12 PM

I still think Seattle should use the ugly neon-green uniforms when they are on the road and the home team (like the Cowboys) wears white, so long as they never ever wear them at home.

20. thegrey7 says: Mar 28, 2012 11:22 PM

Are you sure that’s not the old logo?

21. redskinsredskinsredskins says: Mar 28, 2012 11:25 PM

Panthers Seahawks texans =worst unis in the nfl

Ravens’ are pretty gay too

22. bman69 says: Mar 28, 2012 11:33 PM

I say leave the new logo alone. Love the dark blue, if I’d change anything, maybe the white, changed to silver, with a more lime green eye. Be that’s enough.

23. nfcnorthnflbest says: Mar 28, 2012 11:40 PM

cant wait to see new vikings jersey

24. astrosfan75956 says: Mar 28, 2012 11:43 PM

I like those Unis, they’re different.

25. babyhorsemorgan says: Mar 29, 2012 12:01 AM

Other team’s colors will include Laa-Laa yellow, Po red, and Tinky Winky purple.

26. fancyleague says: Mar 29, 2012 12:07 AM

Championship.

27. stoneycrusty1 says: Mar 29, 2012 12:09 AM

I think the neon green is different & cool as hell.

28. kevpft says: Mar 29, 2012 12:13 AM

Its only one color changed in one small part of the logo. Literally, that’s it.

Anyone else think the whole “put your hands together and the gloves form a picture” thing is incredibly lame?

29. jcioffi1485 says: Mar 29, 2012 12:17 AM

Dear Seattle Seahawks,

What the heck were you possibly thinking?

Signed,
    Cincinnati Bengals Uniforms
    1975 Houston Astros Uni
    2012 Miami Marlins Gay Rights Parade Uni

30. 4evrnyt says: Mar 29, 2012 12:34 AM

By “New Logo” you mean the same logo? Cause other then a very slight color change that logo hasn’t changed at all.

31. rollteal says: Mar 29, 2012 1:55 AM

Yup Seahawks have the same logo this year just modified colors more of a navy and Seattle grey aka Sliver and of course the neon green. With a Navy, White and Sliver ? Jerseys but we will see.

32. themajorleagueblog says: Mar 29, 2012 2:36 AM

GoHawks.info,
    Actually, Jim Mora Jr(The last Seahawks coach before Carroll), declared the Seahawks Sounder Green alternates as “cursed”

33. bmceh says: Mar 29, 2012 2:41 AM

I hope Phil Knight keeps his neon trash down in Eugene with his Ducks.
    Some more silver would be a great tribute to the old days…but let’s stick close to what we have now. The old days remind us of Ken Berring, Dennis Erickson, and don’t forget The Boz!

34. meytonpanning says: Mar 29, 2012 3:15 AM

The Seatle Seaguls colorblind fashion director strikes again!

35. WestCoastVet says: Mar 29, 2012 4:35 AM

Basically the same colors as the Sounders. Wonder if Drew Carey had anything to do with this…

36. christopher525 says: Mar 29, 2012 4:56 AM

It’s still blue over blue, they’re making a big deal over a ridiculous assumption.

37. nygmen78 says: Mar 29, 2012 5:23 AM

Who cares? Its the seahawks………

38. Puddy says: Mar 29, 2012 8:12 AM

New god awful uniforms meet the same old bad team

39. younggun41 says: Mar 29, 2012 8:17 AM

its the seahawks………….

40. tobis81 says: Mar 29, 2012 12:38 PM

I gotta say though… One of the funniest things I’ve seen on here is a Redskins fan attempting to say the Seahawks, Panthers, and Texans have the worst uni’s in the league, LMFAO. Have you seen the skins uniform, and logo bro??? It’s horrendous! You wanna talk about ugly, blah uniforms, and logos why don’t you take a look at the Jets, Colts, and Steelers. Their uni’s look like they belong in the 1980’s, LOL. You wanna talk about nasy color combos, take a look the Skins, 49ers, and the all purple Vikes. I dunno what you blind people have been looking at but everytime I see the Hawks home blue it looks pretty sharp to me. Especially on a prime time game, LOL. About the green jerseys… They were used “1” time, 3 years ago. They were a conjunction uniform between the Hawks, and Seattle Sounder soccer team. If you knew anything about the Seahawks you would have known that, but like I said, it seems 90% of you are just haterz with too much free time, and no life on your hands, HAHA. Losing organization, LMFAO… Yeah, thats why we are consistently in the playoffs right kid????? HAHAHAHAHA

41. whodeybytches says: Mar 29, 2012 6:10 PM

I actually like the Hawks’ uni’s like the are. I like the lime green thrown in to the scheme, just not so much as to make the WHOLE jersey that color. I’m all for change in some of the uni’s but don’t get TOOOOO crazy with it PLEASE!

42. londonfletcher says: Mar 30, 2012 9:50 PM

I actually like the green. A lot of the NFL uni’s are plain looking. I like a team that isn’t afraid to do something different. I wish my Skins would jazz theirs up a little.