Joe Flacco thinks he’s “the best” quarterback in football

Joe+Flacco+AFC+Championship+Baltimore+Ravens+-VW-Hz05MVbl Getty Images

We’ve long believed that Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco doesn’t get enough credit for his accomplishments in four years of football.  Still, it was difficult to agree with agent Joe Linta’s argument that Flacco, based on his wins and losses, merits a top-five contract.

It’s even harder to agree with Flacco’s own assessment of his skills.

“I assume everybody thinks they’re a top-five quarterback,” Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com.  “I mean, I think I’m the best.  I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best.  I don’t think I’d be very successful at my job if I didn’t feel that way.  I mean, C’mon?  That’s not really too tough of a question.  But that doesn’t mean that things are gonna work out that way.  It just means that that’s the way it is, that’s the way I feel it is, and that’s the way I feel it should be.”

We understand the attitude, and the importance of confidence.  But like Eli Manning’s characterization of himself as “elite” in August 2011 (you know, before he went out and proved it), the better answer in these situations is something along the lines of, “That’s not for me to decide.  Those labels are determined by others.”

So far, Flacco’s supreme confidence isn’t resulting in a new contract.

“[I]t either gets done or it doesn’t,” Flacco said of the negotiations.  “And I’m not really too involved in the process besides letting him know how I feel and letting him take care of that and letting the Baltimore Ravens take care of their side.  And that’s really my involvement.  It’s not about the money, it’s about what you as a player feel that you deserve.  And at the end of the day, they’ll take care of it and I’ll be waiting.”

But if he thinks he’s the best quarterback, then he necessarily thinks he deserves to be paid more than any other quarterback.

If that’s the case, Flacco will be waiting for a while.

Permalink 226 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
226 Responses to “Joe Flacco thinks he’s “the best” quarterback in football”
  1. ottograham says: Apr 3, 2012 3:01 PM

as if there wasnt enough nonsense being spewed by Filthadelphia fans on ProHockeyTalk now I have to deal with this $hit.

2. reiriza says: Apr 3, 2012 3:01 PM

Sorry bro, only my boy Eli can say this and win the Super Bowl. Try to be more original, but with an original name like Joe… I’m not surprised

3. 33rdasylum says: Apr 3, 2012 3:01 PM

Oh, no.

4. kh221 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

Flacco needs to be tested under the substance abuse policy if he thinks he’s the best QB in the NFL.

5. beerbaron says: Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

Joe Flacco thinks he has “the best” eyebrow grooming in football.

6. kliplee says: Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

one things for sure, he has the best unibrow in football.

7. johnnyb216 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

Ahahaha!! Is he on drugs?

8. dohpey28 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

Can’t compare to Manning saying the same, Eli had already won a super bowl and a super bowl MVP. He atleast had some groundwork. All Flacco has done is lose an AFC championship game. I guess Sanchez is twice as good as Flacco since hes lost 2 of em.

9. rr2000k says: Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

I’m a Ravens fan, but…C’mon man! Glad you’re speaking up though.

10. castleofcheese says: Apr 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Joe’s been drinking again.

11. cali49er707 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:03 PM

and i think that i have the biggest DONK known to mankind!!!!!

12. shian11 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:03 PM

And donavon Mcnabb thinks he’s the most criticized!!

13. skeefe1976 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Can someone please look up Flacco’s Wonderlic score?

14. deebo92 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Joe Flacco better think again

15. joegibbsisking says: Apr 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Joe must be smoking some of Baltimore’s finest with Michael Phelps.

16. 808raiderinparadise says: Apr 3, 2012 3:04 PM

Don’t like the Ravens …. or Joe Flacco at all…. for that matter I dislike the Steelers as well … but I would love to see Harrison or Troy or any Steeler stick this guy down for the count.

He needs to shut up, his mouth seems like he would be a great fit for the Jets.

Flacco, Tebow, Sanchez?

Wow, my head is spinning.

17. randolf711 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:04 PM

Flacco also followed up with, “I have the largest ‘package’ on the planet!” Afterwards, Flacco climbed into his truck that was lifted to compensate for what many had thought was a smaller “unit.”

18. mdpickles says: Apr 3, 2012 3:04 PM

Someone needs to tell Joe Flacco that being the best quarterback in football doesn’t mean you’ll win a Super Bowl….see Dan Marino.
    NFL Priorities:
    1. Winning the Super Bowl
    2. Being the best at your position.

Get your priorities straight, Joey!

19. lutz977 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:04 PM

April fools!!! BWHAHAHAHA That headline MUST BE A JOKE!!!

20. bigwinintx says: Apr 3, 2012 3:04 PM

I think Joe has been hitting the sauce before his press conferences.

There’s at least two Mannings in front of you, and one of them hasn’t played in two years!

21. damnws6 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:05 PM

Flacco = Sanchez = Henne

and I’m a Jets fan.

22. wdcskins says: Apr 3, 2012 3:05 PM

The headline’s eye-catching, and makes you think at first that Flacco’s wacky on the juice, but when he says:

“I mean, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’d be very successful at my job if I didn’t feel that way. I mean, C’mon?”

I’m inclined to agree. If the guy’s walking around think, “Aww, I’m pretty okay, I guess”, I’m not sure I want him leading the team.

23. tjacks7 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:05 PM

Maybe he hasnt gotten any better since his rookie years since he already thinks he’s the best?

24. mding729 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:06 PM

Hey Joe,

How many super bowls have you won?

You suck Joe!!!

25. KIR says: Apr 3, 2012 3:06 PM

Where would this guy be without Ray Rice and the Ravens defense?

26. FinFan68 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:07 PM

The unibrow must be affecting his brain function

27. footballnut2011 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:07 PM

April fools was two days ago..HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

28. phonymcringring says: Apr 3, 2012 3:08 PM

“It’s not about the money, it’s about what you as a player feel that you deserve. ”

In other words, money.

29. tombrookshire says: Apr 3, 2012 3:08 PM

As evidenced by all those rings he’s a sportin’.

30. franktherat96 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:08 PM

ROTFLMAO! You’re funny Mr. Flacco. Also, saw a comment that Eli was the best…sorry, one of the best, but not THE best.

31. mvp43 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:09 PM

Today is April 3rd……….not the 1st.

32. marima07 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:09 PM

Huh. Guess athletes really are out of touch with the real world. Flacco should spend some time reviewing that Jaguars game, and then go hang out at a local sports bar to get some perspective.

33. dionoil says: Apr 3, 2012 3:09 PM

Poor, lonely Joe. Someone tell him he’s pretty.

34. bronco1991 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

What an offseason, now we have heard it all

35. wolfepup says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Just another big mouth Baltimoron.

36. phillyfreak24 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

He’s not even in my top 10! Get outta here son!!!

37. whatnojets says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Tim Tebow almost said the “f” word!

38. socalskinsfan says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Not is Fu Manchu not the best QB in his division, come April 26 he likely wont be the best QB in Maryland.

39. eaglesfan94 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Of course he’s going to be laughed at for saying this, because he obviously isn’t the best, but really every pro athlete should have this attitude. I have no problems with what he said.

40. woodsa22 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Flacco should be fitted for a straight-jacket. This is the same lunatic that decided to teach himself to skateboard the week of his play-off game. Im pretty sure he is a few short of a full deck.

41. patsfan22 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:11 PM

—————————————————-

Actually Flacco lost in the AFC championship game his rookie year too! I can kinda understand the mentality of always thinking you’re the best and that attitude is fine as long as you keep it to yourself but it’s not really the sort of thing you tell the press >.<

42. armchairqb says: Apr 3, 2012 3:11 PM

Howls of derisive laughter.

43. buhbay1c says: Apr 3, 2012 3:12 PM

Well you would be wrong Joe.

44. jwcarlson says: Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

“It’s not about the money, it’s about what you as a player feel that you deserve.”

Are they handing out candy bars or something? This has to be the funniest thing I’ve read all day followed shortly by Joe Flacco calling himself “The Best” Quarterback.

45. pnut87 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

Ok, I like Flacco as a player, I’ll defend him from the hate and all, but this one? This one’s gonna be a bit difficult…

46. giants56 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

There is no ELIte in Joe…

47. tombradysponytail says: Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

Tiki is flabbergasted, Drew Brees is speechless and Bus Cook is shocked.

48. mediasloppy says: Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

Every player in the NFL should think they are the best even if it defies common logic. If you don’t believe in yourself, you might as well quit football.

However, that doesn’t count for lazy slobs like Bryant McKinnie.

Joe is a great QB. I think your teammates matter a lot. If you want to go nuts on stats, Flynn played one game for the Packers last year and made Aaron Rodgers look average….

49. cubano76 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

And I think I’m not fat, have hair, and my wife loves to have sexy time w/ me!!!!!

50. elmaxoh says: Apr 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Alright .. Tyrod Taylor , you’re number 1 now !

51. ralphtherealravenfan says: Apr 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Joe, Joe, Joe, I’m your biggest supporter man. LOL but ummmm….LOL you’re not helping yourself here guy LOL. Let’s hope you can prove it during the season. DEPENDING ON A RECEIVER CATCHING A CLUTCH PASS. See ’11 and ’10 playoff losses.

52. nyyjetsknicks says: Apr 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Drugs are bad mkay.

53. burm61 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Don’t resign Flacco and let Tyrod be the LEADER Flacco isn’t.

54. khmer379 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Best qb in deleware history! Lol

55. njdevil7 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Its the proper mindset of an athlete. There would be something wrong if he thought otherwise.

56. shackdelrio says: Apr 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Flacco is the new McNabb.

57. chawk12thman says: Apr 3, 2012 3:16 PM

Let him finish his comment: …….and the rest of the team is bad, otherwise, I would have won it all by now.

58. paulrg77 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:17 PM

Wow. And I thought Morris Claiborne was dumb.

59. rickastleydancemoves says: Apr 3, 2012 3:18 PM

“Joe Flacco thinks he has “the best unibrow” of any quarterback in football”

There fixed it for you.

60. southpaw2k says: Apr 3, 2012 3:18 PM

dohpey28 says:
    Apr 3, 2012 3:02 PM

———————————————–

Sigh….ONCE AGAIN, Flacco did not lose the AFC Championship Game. Lee Evans did. Flacco outplayed Tom Brady in that game, so saying he’s not the best QB in the league because the Ravens lost that game is absurd.

Having said that, you are absolutely correct that Eli already had evidence on his side when he had claimed he was elite. And he did back up his claims by winning another championship and another Super Bowl MVP.

I don’t think Flacco is the best QB in the league, but I still think he’s capable of winning a championship with the Ravens. I’ve liked him since he came into the league, and I don’t understand why Ravens fans are so split on him (taking comments like the ones in this article aside). Flacco was right when he said every QB should think he’s the best in the league, but Florio was also correct when he said Flacco should answer such a question with something like it’s not his job to determine who’s the best QB in the league.

61. TheNaturalMevs says: Apr 3, 2012 3:18 PM

Get a clue Joe

62. kidpresentable says: Apr 3, 2012 3:19 PM

Here is a simple test for guys questioning if Flacco is top 5, “the best,” or “elite.” If your team has a suspect player in the secondary, are you worried that he is going to get torched by Quarterback X?

Tom Brady? Yes.
    Drew Brees? Yes.
    Aaron Rodgers? Yes.
    The Mannings? Yes and yes.
    Joe Flacco? I’m sorry can you repeat the question?
    Joe Flacoo? Pfft. No!

63. tonymontana45 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:20 PM

This is a no story on a boring Tuesday in the off-season. What do you want the guy to say, “I don’t think I’m that good at what I do.”

64. whatnojets says: Apr 3, 2012 3:20 PM

And I am the best all around player of all times!

Pacman

65. mlawrunner says: Apr 3, 2012 3:20 PM

I think Joe Flacco needs to take a look at Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc. game tape again.

66. falconsfan says: Apr 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Joe, if you take away your defense, you’re just Matt Ryan. You’re good but not great (yet).

67. rockthered1286 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:21 PM

damnws6 says:
    Apr 3, 2012 3:05 PM
    Flacco = Sanchez = Henne

and I’m a Jets fan.
    _______________________________
    If you think so you’re a moron. Look at Joe’s stats v. Sanchize and get back to me. Not even close.

And I am a Ravens fan. While I don’t think Joe is top 5 at all, he’s still a good young QB. Most wins in first 4 years of his career, most playoff appearances in that span, 1st rookie QB to take his team to the AFCC… all with an in and out Heap, Mason, Clayton for 2 years and Boldin for 2. Just got Torrey who will be a huge weapon and he’s still growing. And for those who say its all the D and Rice? Tell me again was it Rice that threw the bomb to Suggs to beat the Squealers in the final minute in Pitt, bc I swear I saw Joe silence Pitt and Torrey pull it in… Young group can only get better on O.

68. rexismybff says: Apr 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Well – he does have one win in Pittsburgh now – by three points, on a last second burn of former Steeler William Gay.

Almost as good as Tebow did in the playoffs.

Must be the best starting qb in football!! At least until week 2, when Tebow starts under center in New York.

69. ahostiletakeover says: Apr 3, 2012 3:21 PM

I’m a Ravens fan and Flacco will never be the #1 QB in the league. But that said, when you can get around PFT’s attention grabbing, summarized headlines, you’ll see that what Flacco is saying is that EVERY QB in the league has to take the “I’m the best” mentality, whether its the truth or not. To doubt your own abilities as a QB only sets you and. your team up for failure.

70. thcnote says: Apr 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Joe you have a really good D and a great RB ok WR and you haven’t even made it to a super bowl. The only thing holding this team back is you. You are not top 5 or even top 10. But if we are talking wins then your right there with Tebow. Congrats.

71. WestCoastVet says: Apr 3, 2012 3:22 PM

I got a good laugh out of this. Thanks PFT! I think this story is deserving of the “C’mon, man!” distinction.

72. whatnojets says: Apr 3, 2012 3:22 PM

kidpresentable says:
    Apr 3, 2012 3:19 PM
    ——————————————

Tom Brady? Yes.
    Drew Brees? Yes.
    Aaron Rodgers? Yes.
    Mark Sanchez? Yes.
    The Mannings? Yes and yes.
    Joe Flacco? I’m sorry can you repeat the question?
    Joe Flacoo? Pfft. No!

I agree with you 100%

73. siggtacular says: Apr 3, 2012 3:22 PM

As a Ravens fan, I’m embarrassed. But I applaud the confidence. Win one for us Joe, then talk.

74. peachyc39 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:22 PM

Making statements like that…He opened up a whole can of ridicule…lol

75. bryans49ers says: Apr 3, 2012 3:23 PM

Say it ain’t so Joe!

76. chunkyloverfiftythree says: Apr 3, 2012 3:24 PM

Annnnnnddddd of course everyone in the comments section reacts to the headline before reading the article. If internet message boards were an accurate snapshot of the intelligence of Americans as whole… We will be speaking Mandarin in 50ish years.

77. mendenhallfumblemachine says: Apr 3, 2012 3:24 PM

Not even the best in his division. Not a great statistical qb nor a superbowl champ, I’ll take Ben any day of the week over Regular Joe.

78. truthhurtstoo says: Apr 3, 2012 3:24 PM

WOW! That’s about as crazy as saying that little markie sanchez is a starting quality pro QB!

Good one!

79. maverick5266 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:25 PM

This is almost as laughable as anything that comes out of Rex and Rob Ryan’s mouths.
    If I worked in the league office I would be FedExing a Whizz cup to Joe’s address right now.

80. AlanSaysYo says: Apr 3, 2012 3:25 PM

He’s the best professional QB in the Baltimore-DC area. That’s the best I can do.

81. fatfreddystubbs says: Apr 3, 2012 3:26 PM

ottograham says:
    Apr 3, 2012 3:01 PM

————————————————–

You don’t “have” to deal with anything there, Sparky. You’re the one hanging out on the internets, nobody forced you.

82. dominicthedonkey says: Apr 3, 2012 3:26 PM

Hahahahahahaha. Thanks Joe, I needed a good laugh!

83. truthhurtstoo says: Apr 3, 2012 3:28 PM

sounds like someone opened up the purple dank again ;-)

84. ham1 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:30 PM

Just another reason to confirm that he really is Flake-O

85. ravensfan313 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:30 PM

Do any of you read articles, or just the headlines?
    I am a Ravens fan, and I will be the first one to admit Flacco has tons of room for improvement. But I also realize Baltimore has never had a consistent QB that is in for the long-run since the Ravens got here.
    And if this QB is going to go out there and tell someone they think they are alright and show they have no confidence then I don’t want him on my damn team.

86. ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 3:31 PM

He looked pretty good to me driving 92 yards on the steelers “sensational” defense to complete the sweep. First the guy doesn’t speak up enough now he gets criticized for speaking confidently. Haters gonna hate.

87. qj1984 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:31 PM

If you understand the attitude why is this an issue? If I ask you whether you are the world’s best parent chances are many of you are going to say that you are even though your probably not.

I don’t care if he actually is the best or not. And I don’t mind that in his mind he is. Ask any player in the NFL the same question and if you don’t get the same answer, there is probably something wrong.

88. dowhatifeellike says: Apr 3, 2012 3:32 PM

I think 3/4 of the commenters here need to work on their reading comprehension skills.

89. steelbydesign says: Apr 3, 2012 3:32 PM

I would love to see Flacco play stretch of games without Ray Rice. Rice deserves elite money because he makes that whole offense move, not just running, but pass catching, and through play action.

The Ravens lost in 2011 to the Titans, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Chargers. Ray Rice averaged 9 carries in each of those games!!! Obviously when Flacco is throwing the Ravens were losing (and to inferior competition).

Flacco isn’t even the best QB in his own division, and at the rate things are going he may be 3rd best in the division after this season when Dalton passes him.

90. golonger says: Apr 3, 2012 3:32 PM

I think the distinction here is confidence vs. production. I have no problem with Flacco thinking he’s the best…during a game…and hoping that confidence fulfills itself. He just shouldn’t be saying it in the context of talking contract because he obviously hasn’t produced like even a top 5 QB……

91. jgava19 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:34 PM

Hopefully he said that on April 1sr

92. geemoney713 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:34 PM

Eli sucked last year when he said he was elite, so maybe Joe saw how Eli calling himself elite actually made him elite. Joe likely believes that calling himself the best, will make him the best, otherwise this makes zero sense.

93. anon5121 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:34 PM

Stop copying Eli, Joe! First, the handlebar mustache that Eli wore in Football Cops (as a joke!) and now this?! It’s getting out of hand. JK…sort of. LOL.

94. fwippel says: Apr 3, 2012 3:34 PM

Give Flacco a break. The guy is in the midst of negotiating out of his rookie contract and into a deal that will make him a Raven for the next several years, if not the rest of his career.

Besides, there are 20+ teams in the league that would improve themselves by adding Flacco. I’m a fan of a team (Vikings) that hasn’t had one QB put together four consecutive good years behind center since the 1970s. Flacco knows he’s not the best QB in the league, but he’s not going to say that, and neither would any other QB in his shoes.

Flacco has taken his team to the playoffs all four years of his career. The guy came out of an FCS school (Delaware) and started from day one. Yes, he needs to lead his team to a Super Bowl. But don’t hammer the guy for simply standing his ground and trying to get the most out of his next contract. Flacco isn’t top five yet, but he’s definitely top ten and one dropped pass away from his first Super Bowl.

95. twindaddy says: Apr 3, 2012 3:34 PM

If by “best quarterback in football” he means “worst mustache ever” then he’s right…

96. okldr8daz says: Apr 3, 2012 3:35 PM

Freddie Mitchell still thinks he’s the best wide receiver in football and he don’t even play football…SMMFH

97. biggerballz says: Apr 3, 2012 3:35 PM

the article is missing april fools at the end

98. drewsg says: Apr 3, 2012 3:35 PM

lmao.. these off season radio interviews have been great. Eli backed up his statement up last year, you’re gonna have to do the same now or you won’t hear the end of it.

99. steelymcbeam6 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:36 PM

Haha that’s laughable.

100. shaunypoo says: Apr 3, 2012 3:36 PM

I’d say he’s the third best QB in the AFC North.

Bar none.

101. TSizzleBallSoHard says: Apr 3, 2012 3:37 PM

Making a big deal about nothing. Every QB in the NFL thinks they’re the best in the league. It’s called confidence. That’s something every NFL player needs.

102. mac3333 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:37 PM

How cute.

103. packerstexansfan says: Apr 3, 2012 3:37 PM

I know that’s how a quarterback should think and feel, but it’s still hilarious reading that!

104. insertrandomletters says: Apr 3, 2012 3:38 PM

Great, I just got water up my nose.

105. bigbluelou says: Apr 3, 2012 3:38 PM

“Was he even asked that question?” or is he self proclaiming….

106. paul197343 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:39 PM

Joe Flacco<Jeff George

107. geniusesq says: Apr 3, 2012 3:40 PM

On Madden?

You created yourself and gave you all 99s huh Joe

108. pitchblack816 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:40 PM

Wow. Most of you must not have read the original article. If you haven’t noticed, PFT likes to pull quotes out of context to get attention. That being said, I have no problem with what Joe said. What was he supposed to say? No, I think I am the worst. Com’ On man!

109. 49erstim says: Apr 3, 2012 3:44 PM

Untrue! The proper mentality is “I’m among the best”. Real athletes enjoy being able to see that next level. I liked when he said he was “top 5″. That I can respect. I don’t agree, but I respect the confidence. C’mon Joe. Don’t go the diva route.

110. steelhammer92 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:44 PM

LOL, Joe, you’re not even the best QB in your own division… In a couple years, you’ll probably be the 3rd best once Dalton develops.

111. pftard says: Apr 3, 2012 3:45 PM

You show me a QB that doesn’t think he’s the best QB in the league, and I’ll show you the QB that should be holding a Clipboard.

I have no problem w/ these comments from him or any other player. Greatness is achieved by believing in being great.

112. tom-a-hawk says: Apr 3, 2012 3:46 PM

Dammit! I was drinking a Coke when I came across this headline. I laughed so hard, the Coke went in my nose. Man, that stings…

113. voxnovo says: Apr 3, 2012 3:47 PM

Eli had a SB MVP on his resume when he spoke. Flacco doesn’t.

And, unlike with Eli, “elite” isn’t good enough for Flacco.

Plus, Eli was in the position of having to respond to a direct Q. Flacco? Don’t know yet.

Is it possible Flacco misinterpreted the lesson to be taken from Eli’s episode having ultimately turned out well?

114. rickvaldez says: Apr 3, 2012 3:47 PM

I think that Baltimore air is getting to him

115. gmen1987 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:47 PM

Joe Flacco better post season QB than Peyton Manning.

116. peachyc39 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:47 PM

To anyone that feels that the comments we are making are based on the Heading…. this would be for you guys Quoted right up top… “I mean, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best. Anyways he feels he should be paid what he deserves…hmmm…wonder how far til the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow? lol

117. deathtoromo says: Apr 3, 2012 3:51 PM

Typical big mouth Raven. Just a disgusting team.

118. polo550 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:52 PM

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I’m a Ravens fan and I’m definitely embarrassed to hear this. His success is definitely skewed because of Rice and the Defense. People who defend him are always spewing out all of his accomplishments. First to do this and that but without that defense they would be a 6-10 team at best. Those that praise him forget about how poorly he’s played in the playoffs up until last years AFC Championship game. Even in that game he just about gave it away with the late INT. Guess who saved the day by getting him the ball back on very next play? Whatever contract he gets he needs to give Rice and the D a piece of it.

119. peachyc39 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:53 PM

But trust this…I am a dedicated 49ers fan and have been for a very long time but I will be the first to tell you I feel EXACTLY the same way about Smith. He feels almost like Flacco does and he has yet to prove it too. Hopefully our D will not have to carry us as much like they did last year. Just thought I would put that out there. An Elite QB is an Elite QB no matter who you play for. And an average QB is an average QB no matter who you play for. We have had a couple of Elite QB’s everyone knows that and we have had some “not so” Elite QB’s that’s no secret either. But don’t call yourself an Elite QB if you know dang well you are not one. And if you call yourself the best, that’s what you are saying.

120. freebird2011 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:54 PM

Joe is the best QB in football–if by “football” he means the Arena Football League or the Canadian Football League.

NFL, not so much.

You can add Stafford, Roethelisberger, and perhaps Cutler, Romo, Rivers, and Vick, to the list of elite QBs (Brady, the Mannings, Brees, Rodgers), who are all better than Flacco.

With 95 TD passes in 4 seasons to Flacco’s 80, and both having 46 INTs, I’d also give the edge to Matt Ryan over Flacco as well.

That’s at least 12 QBs who are all arguably better than Flacco.

Oh, by the way, Matt Schaub has chimed in and says with 98 TDs vs. 58 INTs and a 92.2 career QB rating vs. Flacco’s 86 career QB rating, Schaub says he’s better than Flacco too.

That’s 13.

Joe Flacco–in the top 40% of QBs.

121. dalzell3686 says: Apr 3, 2012 3:57 PM

Eli expressed the same confidence last year and people blew him off. I hope Joe keeps this confidence and maybe just maybe he will have the same result as Eli…and yes I am a Ravens fan!

122. nobisoreal says: Apr 3, 2012 3:58 PM

@dohpey28

Flacco has lost two AFC Championship games as well, Sanchez can’t even win at being a loser.

@therestofyou
    If Lee Evans doesn’t drop that ball we’re all still talking about the AFC Championship winning drive that Joe Flacco orchestrated. Do I think he’s the best? No. Do I think he’s better than 20 other QB’s in the league. Yes.

123. camcameronsucks says: Apr 3, 2012 4:03 PM

Seriously Florio?? Im tired of writers/analysts skewing and exaggerating peoples comments. So he says he thinks hes the best QB in the league…good. He’s not, numbers wise and he has no lombardis, but id rather have a QB who says and strives to be the best than a QB who doesnt.

Honestly, whats worse: a QB who thinks hes the best/has the potential to be the best or a QB who says “im the 13th best in the league”. Im tired of you guys sucking headlines out of things that are nothing. Joe Flacco was 1 dropped pass away from being in the Superbowl and if, god forbid, he says hes the best qb in the league you guys eat it up like a fat kid with cake

Id rather have a qb whose confident and thinks hes the best rather than a qb who thinks hes mediocre and just gets by

124. steeelfann says: Apr 3, 2012 4:04 PM

Joe, rumor has it Troy Polamalu says no way and he is going to own you once again this year.

Let’s do some math, shall we Joe?
    A. You were beat out by Tyler Palko and went then ran to Delaware

Stafford – No
    Ryan – No
    Cutler – No
    Luck – No
    Griffith – No

125. jeziyo247 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:04 PM

Was he drunk or high when he said this? At best, he’s an average QB who can easily be replaced by someone better. He has a better receiving core than brady and didn’t know how to use them. Only superbowl winning QBs are allowed to say theyre the best because they already proved they could win it all.

126. bigredscouting says: Apr 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Of course he’s saying this, he wants a new contract. Flacco is an inconsistent QB and probably always will be. You can blame the kicker, and Lee Evans for dropping a great pass by Flacco but he threw a pass directly to Brandon Spikes in that AFC chamionship game. Like I said, inconsistent. Oh and his face is gross.

127. cliffordc05 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:06 PM

First of all he’s wrong.

You have to start wondering about the accuracy of the Wonderlik test scores when you see comments like this.

128. randomguy9999 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:08 PM

its full up ‘stupid is as stupid does’ day in the NFL after this, the 4 wonderlic, and RG3 thinking hes too good to work out for teams….

129. ubummer says: Apr 3, 2012 4:08 PM

He means that in the same sense as the “best man” at a wedding.

130. bhindenemylines says: Apr 3, 2012 4:10 PM

I call BS on this one.

It is ALWAYS about the money.

131. bhindenemylines says: Apr 3, 2012 4:13 PM

KIR says:
    Apr 3, 2012 3:06 PM
    Where would this guy be without Ray Rice and the Ravens defense?

—————————–

In the Arena league.

132. pooinyourface says: Apr 3, 2012 4:14 PM

If he’s the best Sanchez is second best, which mean’s Tebow is Rick Mirer

133. gt412 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:15 PM

I didn’t know that April Fool’s day was moved to the 3rd this year…

134. goods65 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:17 PM

if joe flacco “thinks” he is the best in the NFL,he better wake up.Because i can name at least 6 way better than him.

135. ravenution says: Apr 3, 2012 4:18 PM

Flacco is the best QB in the NFL. No one has accomplished what he has in their first four years.

Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees are great for fantasy football and are the most overhyped QBs along with Brady and both Mannings, but Flacco is the best pure QB in the NFL.

136. erikinhell says: Apr 3, 2012 4:21 PM

Tune in tomorrow when Joe Flacco says, “I’m a pink and purple pretty little unicorn with sparkles in my hair.”

At least it will be more believable.

137. moagecu says: Apr 3, 2012 4:23 PM

Ok, keep bashing Flacco, thats what we’ve come to expect from every other NFL teams fans.

But what is wrong with thinking you are the best. Would you want a bunch of players on your team that were happy being considered just OK?

138. brianbosworthisstonecold says: Apr 3, 2012 4:26 PM

Time to put the crack pipe down Joe.

139. avoidtheboyd says: Apr 3, 2012 4:28 PM

And Billy Cundiff thinks he’s the best kicker.

140. ilovefoolsball says: Apr 3, 2012 4:29 PM

Gotta win a Superbowl before you can claim that #5 spot behind Brady, Manning, Brees, & Rogers.

141. stairwayto7 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:30 PM

Ben been to 3 Super Bowls and beat you twice getting there! You are the 3rd best qb in the AFC NORTH!

142. savagenation2011 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:33 PM

Tebow is better than u Joe

143. ballboy48 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:34 PM

Does he have the same agent as Sanchez?

144. godzilla111111 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:34 PM

Joe Good luck with the baby!

Joe won more games in his first four years than any other QB in NFL history.

Joe’s teammates catch 3 more passes and he is in 2 SBs.

145. sullijo1 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:37 PM

Clearly, he’s not thinking clearly.

146. nashwaakkidd says: Apr 3, 2012 4:38 PM

“It’s not about the money” Just once i’d like to see one of these greedy dudes come out with the TRUTH ” Of course it’s about the money, I’d be crazy to turn down that boatload of cash !! maybe Mario Williamsup in Buffalo cuold use this quote.

147. moagecu says: Apr 3, 2012 4:40 PM

thcnote says:
    Apr 3, 2012 3:21 PM

_______

Do you even watch football? Or do you just hop onto PFT to talk nonsense?

You say he hasnt even made a playoff as if ALL 4th year players should have played in the playoffs. If thats the case than I feel really bad for Takeo Spikes.

You also say if were talking wins hes up there with Tebow.

If we are talking wins, then Flacco IS the best Quarterback in the NFL, considering he has the Best record ever for a quarterback over their first 4 years.

I’m a ravens fan and I know he is not the best player in the NFL, but I am happy he has that mentality.

148. jagsfanugh says: Apr 3, 2012 4:42 PM

Defense and a arguably the best rb in the game. Yeah Joe if you was so great stats would show it but don’t. Get a clue you clown.

149. golonger says: Apr 3, 2012 4:46 PM

steeelfann – of course…..a lowlife, dumb a squealer fan has to chime in. If you think Cutler or Vick are better you are……..well…….a dumb steeler fan……get back to your Wal-mart line loser!

150. bbk1000 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:48 PM

I assume Flacco is practicing for his side job….a stand up comedian…

151. profmadmax says: Apr 3, 2012 4:48 PM

Haven’t the Jets done anything today?

152. packergalmke says: Apr 3, 2012 4:49 PM

As a Green Bay shareholder, I would say that my quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, is the best QB in the NFL. How many MVP’s you got, Flacco? How many Lombardi’s did you bring to Baltimore? Break any NFL passing records lately? Yep, just what I thought.

153. smyant says: Apr 3, 2012 4:49 PM

Why do so many people think that he “should” have this attitude? Thinking you’re the best all the time when reality shows you otherwise is not confidence… it’s delusion. I would not want people on my team who think they’re the best… I would want people who understand where they are and WANT to be the best and will do whatever it takes to get there.

154. bwisnasky says: Apr 3, 2012 4:52 PM

Best qb in deleware history! Lol

——————————————

Pretty sure I’d give that title to Rich Gannon… he at least made it to a superbowl.. even though he crapped the bed in said superbowl…

155. sack1118 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:52 PM

Joe isn’t even the best qb in his own division.

156. yyyass says: Apr 3, 2012 4:52 PM

Sorry Joe, I do not see any winged unicorns flying around with poop on them. Until they fly out of your a$$ you’re about 15th and third in your own division….and I’m a Ravens fan.

157. jayquintana says: Apr 3, 2012 4:54 PM

He’s the best QB in football the way Megan Fox is the best actress in Hollywood.

158. johntonioholmes says: Apr 3, 2012 4:57 PM

I used to not have a problem with Joe. But he’s SO annoying.

Here are some stats:

58.1% completion, 3,398 yards, 6.6 avg, 20 TDs, 13 INTs, 80.4 rating.

57.6% completion, 3,610 yards, 6.7 avg, 20 TDs, 12 INTs, 80.9 rating.

Guess which one is Joe and guess which one is Andy Dalton.

Joe is clearly not the best QB in that division (obviously, Ben Roethlisberger is WAY better). But Joe isn’t even an obvious #2 choice.

159. holeinone09 says: Apr 3, 2012 4:57 PM

OMG! What a stupid thing to say. He has finally completely lost his mind. Or maybe he has hung around with McNab too long. Flacid is FAR from the best QB, not even close! What a lunatic he must be!

160. weepingjebus says: Apr 3, 2012 4:58 PM

It would be easier to take Flacco seriously if he hadn’t spent last season looking like Dwight Goodman from Dodgeball.

161. corsair28 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:00 PM

Whoa!!!! Please commit him. all of those hits have driven him insane. Oh wait, I think he was playing madden and modified his attributes okay I thought he went nuts :-)

162. tluke25 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:01 PM

Well, what do you want him to say?

163. tedesco47 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:03 PM

The word elite should never, ever, and I mean EVER be used unless talking about Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton.

Eli could win 5 more superbowls, and he wouldn’t even be close to elite based on his team winning for him. He is a whiny little punk, with moderate skill.

And flacco, don’t even get me started.

164. johntonioholmes says: Apr 3, 2012 5:03 PM

moagecu

“If we’re talking wins, Flacco is the best…”

That’s hilarious. The Ravens win even if Flacco goes 1-4 with 2 interceptions.

How does that make him the greatest?

The Ravens can win with me back there.

165. ricknau says: Apr 3, 2012 5:04 PM

that’s funny, cause hes only the third best QB in his own division……

166. mmmpierogi says: Apr 3, 2012 5:05 PM

ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 3:31 PM

**************************************************************

Oh my god, you are such a homer – I can’t get enough of it. If Roethlisberger said something like this, you’d be the first one in line to cry your pampers off about it on here.

Even you should realize that Flacco would do himself a favor by not opening his mouth. By the numbers, the guy is slightly better than middling. Situationally, he’s better than his numbers would indicate and he can manage a game; he’s not a top current QB in either of those domains, either. All that said, someone needs to get him away from the microphone – this is the third or fourth headline he’s had over saying something stupid to the media dating back to last season.

167. johntonioholmes says: Apr 3, 2012 5:06 PM

ilovefoolsball

Even if he wins an SB, he’ll be behind (in no particular order) Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Manning.

He won’t ever make it past 7 let alone get into the top five

168. moagecu says: Apr 3, 2012 5:06 PM

yyyass says:
    Apr 3, 2012 4:52 PM

______

As a Ravens fan this comment doesnt surprise me. 3rd best in the division! You are showing how dumb you are. Dalton had a great rookie year, but my god.

Your probably one of the morons that calls into the radio shows after the games and begs for Tyrod Taylor because your too stupid to understand the game.

169. kidpresentable says: Apr 3, 2012 5:08 PM

“Only the Packers, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, Saints, Panthers (based off just last year), Giants and Lions have a better QB (IMO).”

Really? You’d take Flacco over Romo, Schaub, Ryan, Cutler and Vick? I’d take all of those guys and the guys you listed plus Luck, RG III, and Flynn over Flacco. By my count, there’s at least 17 QBs I would rather have.

170. johntonioholmes says: Apr 3, 2012 5:08 PM

ravenator

He looked even better putting up average numbers against the last ranked pass defense in the NFL during the AFC championship game.

171. tonythenose says: Apr 3, 2012 5:09 PM

I’m sorry…there must be something wrong with my iPhone. For a second I thought that the headline was “Flacco thinks he’s the best QB in NFL”

172. jjackwagon says: Apr 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Flacco…the best? What happened? Did the top ten QBs die in a plane crash or something? Manning x 2, Brady, Brees, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Newton, Rivers, Cutler, Schaub, all better than you. Next year we can probably add Dalton, Flynn, Luck, RG3 and maybe even Tannehill. That puts you about #16.

173. ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 5:11 PM

so I see the steeler fans are still bitter from being swept. it must suck to bash flacco and know that he drove 92 yards on your pathetic defense.

174. johntonioholmes says: Apr 3, 2012 5:13 PM

southpaw2k

Lee Evans had the ball stripped from him…that’s different than a drop.

When you say, “If Evans didn’t drop the ball, the Ravens would have won” you might as well be saying, “If the Patriots weren’t playing defense, the Ravens would have won.”

In fact, the Patriots weren’t playing defense. They kept 8 in the box all day and Joe could barely hand 20 on them.

175. blackdonnelly says: Apr 3, 2012 5:13 PM

I suppose that Jah for sure one must be a bit conceited to hold a starting QB position (I don’t think there’s much wrong with that) but it’s difficult to be “whacko for Flacco” when he’s already there. If there weren’t a Brady, or a Brees, or a Rodgers currently active, then maybe yes he made a qualifying statement, but that’s not the case here.

176. mojodoa says: Apr 3, 2012 5:13 PM

Joe, put the pipe down and move away from the microphone.

177. ricknau says: Apr 3, 2012 5:14 PM

ravenator, its funny because you think that one drive makes him good. How many ravens losses have come on that same possible game winning drive that ended up an INT or sack fumble?

178. nwstreethawk says: Apr 3, 2012 5:16 PM

The Ravens won a Superbowl with a stellar defense and a less than average offense. The defense has remained fairly solid over the years. So an average or better offense they should be back there with no problems.

Joe does have skills to be sure. But saying you are the best given your colleagues around the league, regardless if they have won the Superbowl or not, is delusional and disrespectful.

179. ricknau says: Apr 3, 2012 5:16 PM

not to mention that “the drive” that homer bmore fans just cant get enough of was only kept alive by a terrible personal foul called on 3rd down for a hit in the secondary. get over it, cant believe that one drive is all you have to talk about.

180. trollaikman8 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:18 PM

In his defense, Joe was in the midst of a DMT high.

181. taintedsaints2009 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:18 PM

“As a Green Bay shareholder, I would say that my quarterback…”

holy crap. not only does this guy think he owns part of the team, but Rodgers is HIS qb!

182. lmyster says: Apr 3, 2012 5:19 PM

Flaco, you are WACKO buddy!!!!

183. yyyass says: Apr 3, 2012 5:25 PM

- – - – - – - – - – -

Dalton was a ROOKIE. Flacco has plateaued worse than that head of his. Average at best and that doesn’t win you Super Bowls.

184. jerrycola says: Apr 3, 2012 5:26 PM

Flacco saying he is the best QB in the NFL is like saying Florio it the best journalist in the media.

185. pack15forever says: Apr 3, 2012 5:38 PM

Since Flacco has been so clutch in the big games I can totally understand why he thinks he’s the best. LOL!

186. tominma says: Apr 3, 2012 5:38 PM

Sounds to me that the NFL’s programs were too late to protect Joe Flacco from the grade 3 concussion he seems to be suffering from! I hope he’s undergoing treatment!

187. mdduckman says: Apr 3, 2012 5:44 PM

So let me get this straight…the guy think’s he’s the best QB in the league, and you all give him sh*t for it? WTF did you expect him to say? “Um, well I guess I’m ok…I mean, there are definitely guys better than me…aw shucks…” And kidpresentable – really? Luck and RGIII over Flacco? Flynn? These guys have done NOTHING in the NFL (don’t even try to say Flynn, who had a great performance and a horrible performance – that’s 2 to work from…). Amazed at the level of sheer hate that Joe gets from not only the national media and fans (idiots) like you guys, but from so called fans of his own team!?! As a Ravens fan, I remember the days before Joe, and it wasn’t pretty. We are extremely fortunate to have #5 as our QB – it’s shocking and sad to see that some people expect perfection from him. Do I personally think he’s the best? Nope. But I have absolutely no problem with him being confident in calling himself the best – every QB should say that. If they don’t, they should get another job. One last thing – did any of you actually watch the AFC Championship Game this year? You do realize that his receivers routinely let him down, right? You do realize that if Lee freakin’ Evans secures the ball, the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, after a performance where Joe Flacco OUTPERFORMED Tom Brady in the AFCG, right?? I wouldn’t be surprise if Joe left after next year – so many ungrateful fans…pathetic.

188. kuta82 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:47 PM

haha..flacco has won some he’s but most of his wins come from his defense.I think he’s decent but I don’t think he’s a 100mill contract qb. sorry. who dey

189. rodgers419 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:48 PM

I wouldn’t even put Flacco in the top 15. He’s in a league with the likes of Mark Sanchez. Just because your team does good does not mean you are a good quarterback. Flacco is a liability to his team and needs to jump on the back of his defense and running game.

190. raiderapologist says: Apr 3, 2012 5:54 PM

Joe, just remember. It’s not a lie if you believe it.

191. dellis07 says: Apr 3, 2012 5:57 PM

ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 3:31 PM

—————————————————-
    If I’m correct roethlisberger also drove 92 yards against the ravens “sensational defense back in 2008 to complete the sweep. He also has two super bowl rings, which is something flacco needs to get before he considers himself the best QB

192. kenny328usa says: Apr 3, 2012 5:58 PM

duckman if you actually read the article before you let your anger problem rear its ugly head on the message board you would have seen the suggestion for how he could have handled it in a mature and eloquent manner.

193. Deb says: Apr 3, 2012 6:02 PM

Joe, Joe, Joe … please stop making these comments. It’s like beating yourself over the head with a club and wondering why it hurts.

194. patriots123456 says: Apr 3, 2012 6:02 PM

Trade Joe to the Jets. That way when Rex makes his yearly prediction that they are going to win the superbowl, he can back it up with the comment that they now have the “Best Q Back in the league”. Besides the Jets can alway use another lobotomized ameoba.

195. tonyromoisterrible says: Apr 3, 2012 6:07 PM

Not even top 15. Baltimore is going to suffer for a while with an old roster. Ozzie better be looking for a replacement for R. Lewis, and not worry about whether or not Joe stays around.

196. jiggy3198 says: Apr 3, 2012 6:50 PM

Was he with Nick Farley?

197. johnnyshore says: Apr 3, 2012 6:51 PM

Okay, it wasn’t laughable when Eli said he was an elite quarterback, but Joe, COME ON MAN! What a joke.

198. thegreatestofalltimes says: Apr 3, 2012 7:06 PM

Uhh, you’ve gotta win something before you declare yourself “the best”.

Unless you’re Muhammad Ali who said he was the greatest before he knew he was, and you’re no Muhammad Ali, buddy.

Mow that uni, too!

199. stopjoking says: Apr 3, 2012 7:09 PM

Your an average Joe at best!!!

200. steel2372 says: Apr 3, 2012 7:22 PM

Maybe the Steelers defense has sacked him one too many times.

201. shlort says: Apr 3, 2012 7:23 PM

Flacco isnt even the best quarterback on his team. I’ve never seen anything from him to make me think he is even average, let alone Elite.

202. agc99 says: Apr 3, 2012 7:28 PM

Flacco might be the best QB in the arena league.

203. kronix7 says: Apr 3, 2012 7:33 PM

I have no problem with his comment. What is he supposed say? “I’m not that good of a QB?” I don’t have a problem with any QB that thinks that way. Now do I agree? “Nope”

204. itsmebobd says: Apr 3, 2012 7:43 PM

Really, really joe flacco? You think you are THE BEST QB in the nfl? Has Peyton Manning (pre injury), tom brady, heck even CARSON PALMER (and im a bengals fan who hates palmer) ever crossed your mind as being superior passers? Bottom line Joe Flacco, you’re a big cry baby who whines when he doesnt get attention for every good play you make, but hide under a rock for a week when you screw up. You’re the equivilant of a DIVA WR @ the QB position

205. mmmpierogi says: Apr 3, 2012 7:49 PM

ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 5:11 PM

****************************************************************

And here you have it, people – an illustration that, to your average Ravens homer, sweeping the Steelers in a season is equivalent to winning a Super Bowl. Keep those standards high.

For what it’s worth – I wasn’t bashing Flacco in my response to you that you didn’t reply to. I’ve never had a problem with the guy, and actually respected him precisely because he wouldn’t say stupid things to the media and attract attention to himself, until he started doing so last year. If you want to blindly defend that, go for it. And as for the defense being pathetic, I’ll take a first-ranked pass defense in a pass-dominant league any day.

206. blacknyellablacknyella says: Apr 3, 2012 9:12 PM

Hahaha!!!!!! Aaaaaah . . . thanks for the laugh, Joe.

207. ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 9:27 PM

That first ranked pass defense sure looked good in Denver. Tell me, where was it in Pittsburgh? And where was it in Baltimore on Joe Flacco’s first throw of the season? No matter how you slice it, the Ravens swept you and won the AFCN, your steelers were one and done.

So let me get this straight. First the guy doesn’t show enough “backbone” or “emotion”, now it’s too much.

Guy is in the middle of a contract negotiation. If you expect him to not say I’m great, pay me as such, you sir, are a buffoon.

208. svanablak says: Apr 3, 2012 10:20 PM

i’m not a flacco fan but i’m an nfl fan and some of you folks on here are the epitome of “player haters”. in ’09 the guy threw for 3,613- 21/12; ’10 3,622- 25/10; and ’11 3,610- 20/12. i don’t know about some of you but those numbers aren’t fish heads and kimchi!!! jeez, give the guy a break! he wins and he goes to the playoffs. i like a guy with confidence! what’s he s’posed to say, “hey, i suck! i’m a mediocre qb, bench me!” a lotta you would would be thankful to have a guy like this helming your offense!

209. pksoze says: Apr 3, 2012 10:52 PM

You can’t spell Elite without Joe uh….oh wait you can… never mind.

210. Deb says: Apr 3, 2012 11:16 PM

ravenator says:

————————————————-
    Can’t speak for other Steelers’ fans, but I’ve spent years defending Flacco–usually to Ravens’ fans–because I think he’s a very good QB who’s usually underrated and unfairly criticized. But he’s not the best QB in the league–and neither is Roethlisberger. Yes, Joe’s right that he should be confident in himself. But when he makes these ridiculous comments publicly, he sets himself up for ridicule. That’s why I wish he’d just stop.

211. doublebro says: Apr 3, 2012 11:47 PM

hahahahahahaha

212. cluelessdufus says: Apr 4, 2012 2:03 AM

Joe has problems with consistency and finishing games even if he has the right tools he can’t finish games I don’t blame last year against NE Lee Stupid Evans drops it and if not he probably would be in the super bowl.

213. ampatsisahypocrite says: Apr 4, 2012 3:15 AM

You guys put the wrong date on this… article obviously had to have been dated April 1st.

214. tritan306 says: Apr 4, 2012 9:46 AM

Come on people don’t blow this out of proportion. You know what he means.. Anytime you play a sport you have to go in with a mental confidence that you are the best. Would you really want a quarterback that isn’t 100% confident in himself.

Im pretty sure every pro qb would say the same thing.

215. urworstnitemare58 says: Apr 4, 2012 10:27 AM

The guy is starting to act like a wide receiver. Beating his own drum and over enflating his selfworth. Next he will be changing his last name to that muppet with the unibrow that compares to his.

216. steelerdynasty2010 says: Apr 4, 2012 10:37 AM

i think i just wet myself…..but in this instance, i’m not ashamed to admit it….

but seriously, tritan306 hit it right on the head. only problem is that it’s one thing to think it, quite another to say it publicly.

217. mmmpierogi says: Apr 4, 2012 11:14 AM

ravenator says: Apr 3, 2012 9:27 PM

********************************************************************

Two points and then I’m out.

(1) Run your mouth about the Steelers all you want – I really don’t care, as that’s not what this was originally about. At the end of the day, neither team made it to the Super Bowl last year, although I understand that, to you, beating the Steelers twice in a season is basically equivalent to watching your team win the SB. Fair enough, pal. I only commented because I fail to understand your blind defending of Flacco’s actions here. I’m not even criticizing Flacco as a player or a guy, in general; I simply think that, dating back to last year, he’s said stupid things to the media that don’t benefit his cause.

(2) Demonstrating “backbone” and “emotion” are different from saying stupid things to the media. A real leader or professional doesn’t have to tell the world that she or he is great or the best – it’s proven through their actions and the results they pull in. This is such an obvious and well-known cliche, that you should not have to be told this. Telling yourself or the media that you think you’re the best might feel good, but it doesn’t make you the best, and it’s not an indication of backbone. If he’s that concerned about pulling down a contract extension (and I don’t think he needs to be that worried), there are more effective strategies.

218. wicky888 says: Apr 4, 2012 1:13 PM

If Flacco played for Cleveland ….. he’d be Colt McCoy. He’s middle of the pack at best.

219. ampatsisahypocrite says: Apr 4, 2012 1:24 PM

But seriously folks… Flacco isn’t even the SECOND best QB in his own division. But hey, you go Joe! Inflate that worth! I’d love nothing more than to see to the Ravens blow the whole cap on you.

Yes, you ARE the best QB in football! You tell ‘em Joe! You tell ‘em!

220. justaintrightisit says: Apr 4, 2012 3:26 PM

I am now convinced that a large number of you just read the headlines and skip right to the comments section and start typing.

221. realdealsteel says: Apr 4, 2012 7:47 PM

And Charles Manson thinks he’s normal

222. donmichaelcorleone says: Apr 6, 2012 4:38 PM

He has the best country bumpkin look in football…

223. daniel10017 says: Apr 7, 2012 9:34 AM

How many Super Bowls has Joe Flacco won? Zero. Until he wins one he doesn’t even belong in the same sentence as the best QB. Win a Super Bowl first then you get you get your big contract. Eli Manning deserves to be the highest paid quarterback and is entitled to be known as the best QB in the game right now after 2 SuperBowl wins during the last 4 years (In which he willed his way to win).

224. christopher525 says: Apr 7, 2012 10:11 PM

@khmer, you may want to rethink his even being the best in Delaware. There’s a guy named Rich Gannon who.may argue that point.

225. golonger says: Apr 10, 2012 3:59 PM

daniel10017 – too bad Eli is NOT the best QB in the game right now………no chance!

226. wacko4flaccomvp says: Feb 6, 2013 1:54 PM

How do you like Flacco now?