League says leaked regular-season schedule is “bogus”

99291_crop_340x234 Getty Images

Many of you have submitted via email over the past day or so various links to a supposedly leaked 2012 regular-season schedule.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says it’s “bogus.”

Though the league necessarily can’t keep a lid on information that goes out to the 32 teams, the league office guards zealously the regular-season schedule.  Since the teams don’t get it, the teams can’t leak it.

The regular-season schedule will be released before the draft.  There’s rarely much advance notice before the thing comes out.

That’s what she said?

Permalink 52 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
52 Responses to “League says leaked regular-season schedule is “bogus””
  1. flyerscup2010 says: Apr 6, 2012 1:48 PM

it could be what she said…i guess

2. instantanthropology says: Apr 6, 2012 1:48 PM

“That’s what she said”?

Are you trying to dispel any notion of professionalism here?

3. godofwine330 says: Apr 6, 2012 1:49 PM

I don’t know what the rush is. I mean, you can’t GO to a game now. I swear, this American society and it’s peoples’ need to want to be FIRST. First one to have this or that, even if is as irrelevent as what day a game will be played 5-9 months from now.

Whoopie!!!

I’m a football fan, and you know what teams your favorite team is going to be playing this year, so why is it important to know the date in April for a game in December (Whimpy, “I will gladly pay you in September for a peek at the schedule today.”

4. starfan79 says: Apr 6, 2012 1:49 PM

Lol

5. justwinbaby29 says: Apr 6, 2012 1:49 PM

Schedule will be out Tuesday, April 17th at 7pm if it follows the way of the last 3-4 seasons.

6. AlanSaysYo says: Apr 6, 2012 1:51 PM

You mean to tell me the Giants DON’T open against the Oilers?

7. jjwalkerisdynomite says: Apr 6, 2012 1:57 PM

Or in your case “That’s what he said?”

8. eaglesfootballfan says: Apr 6, 2012 1:57 PM

Anybody have a website or source who leaked the so called regular season schedule. I have not seen it????

9. dldove77 says: Apr 6, 2012 1:59 PM

@godofwine330

Spoken like a true fan who stays at home and watches each game. Actually attending game, especially one in a city which you don’t live, requires planning, coordinating, purchasing plane and game tickets, and requesting time off from work.

Maybe it’s not as simple as you make it out to be.

10. 7ransponder says: Apr 6, 2012 1:59 PM

instantanthropology says:
    Apr 6, 2012 1:48 PM
    “That’s what she said”?

Are you trying to dispel any notion of professionalism here?

——————

People forget, this site is a BLOG. Loose journalism is part of the medium.

11. kaistlin says: Apr 6, 2012 2:06 PM

@godofwine330,
    Some of us are trying to plan our trips. While it may not be a big deal RIGHT now, the sooner we know where our teams will be and when, the easier it will be to plan out hotel/airfare. (My best friend is a Chicago native, I’m a Seattle native, and we’re planning to fly to Chi-town when the hawks are there)

12. jaimelh02 says: Apr 6, 2012 2:07 PM

Supposedly the guy hacked into NFL servers and copied the schedule. Looks like the NFL has 10 to 11 days to come up with a new schedule

13. fballguy says: Apr 6, 2012 2:09 PM

I get a kick out of the nimrods who exist solely to criticize the stories here. I remember the pre-internet days when the day after the Super Bowl was the most depressing day of the year…and that long, bored depression lingered largely uninterrupted for 8 months. So I’ll take any bit of football news I can get. If it’s football related…I’m reading it. Keep it coming.

14. stonecld33 says: Apr 6, 2012 2:10 PM

Here’s the schedule, you’re team will be playing on Sunday or some Monday and Thursday nights. Leaked here first

15. jf203 says: Apr 6, 2012 2:25 PM

whats the big deal if it is the real schedule ???

thye got burnt..so be it….

16. whodatnate says: Apr 6, 2012 2:26 PM

…it was shockey

17. audient says: Apr 6, 2012 2:29 PM

I’d like to be able to mark my calendar. Plan a Fall vacation for whenever my team has a bye week, that sort of thing. Maybe see if there are any road game I can plan to attend and make a long weekend out of it. I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes to plan ahead.

18. dldove77 says: Apr 6, 2012 2:37 PM

For all you dolts who don’t like stories about the NFL, stop coming to site called PRO FOOTBALL TALK. You can watch baseball if you want to be miserable.

19. watermelon1 says: Apr 6, 2012 2:45 PM

Ravens at Redskins for the Thanksgiving night game! Make it happen NFL!

20. bigredtuna says: Apr 6, 2012 2:51 PM

Looked at the supposed schedule. Seems like a lot of thought went into it, but it seems to me that Fox always has the doubleheader weekend for the first week because CBS is broadcasting the US Tennis Open. Unless that’s changed, this is a fake sked because it gives the opening week double header to CBS.

21. kdish87 says: Apr 6, 2012 2:55 PM

At first, I thought someone just copied a 2012 schedule simmed by Madden 12 or something. But this one has all division games Week 17, and lines up stuff like the Rams/Pats in London, AFC @ Detroit on Thanksgiving, NFC @ Dallas on Thanksgiving.

22. phillyforlife says: Apr 6, 2012 2:59 PM

bigredtuna says: Apr 6, 2012 2:51 PM

======================================
    Your a douche there is no way of telling who has the DH on any given weekend by just looking at the schedule. Both networks have early and late games.

23. jsmayer181 says: Apr 6, 2012 3:00 PM

If this is a fake, it’s a beaut….

Great point by bigredtuna. I tried to check on the US Open Schedule on CBS to see if they had changed anything (i.e., primetime Men’s Final) to allow for an NFL double-header, but curiously, I can’t find any info for the TV schedule.

The one item that makes me pause is having the Seahawks play twice on NBC. The new uniforms might be a talking point, but to have Seattle play at Detroit and vs. Green Bay in the game of the week seems a bit much to me (although I think the Matt Flynn vs. the Packers angle is great)

24. rollteal says: Apr 6, 2012 3:04 PM

I’m hoping the schedule is fake because the Jaguars 2012 line up is brutal.

25. bhindenemylines says: Apr 6, 2012 3:06 PM

stonecld33 says:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:10 PM

—————————-

Swing and a miss!!!!

Cowboys and Giants open on a Wednesday.

Here’s your sign…

26. 86chawk says: Apr 6, 2012 3:17 PM

Michael Irvin said this is all making him sick to his stomach!

27. 12strikes says: Apr 6, 2012 3:23 PM

“That’s what she said?”

If that was in the comments the comment police would have deleted that FAST!

28. 12strikes says: Apr 6, 2012 3:37 PM

I think it is fake or atleast not completed.

One week has the EAGLES at the CARDINALS at 1pm. That has to be a 4pm game.

29. jakek2 says: Apr 6, 2012 3:37 PM

If its fake, whoever created it is a genius. It’s no small task to create an entire schedule for all 32 teams that jives with everything from tv, time of game, bye weeks, etc. I think its real and that the dopey NFL guys like Aiello are now scrambling to change one or two games per sched to make it look like this early sched is bogus.

By the way….who really cares? Its no secret who all the teams play anyway. Why is the NFL acting like this schedule is the formula to Coke or something. Wouldn’t it be better to release it as early as possible if it’s been finalized already? This gives fans a chance to make plans. I guess I just answered my question. NFL could care less about the fans. Withholding the schedule must have something to do with selling 2cents of advertising. Greed.

30. kdgwolfpack says: Apr 6, 2012 3:39 PM

Umm… The Cowboys and Giants do open on Wednesday. That much we do know. The game was moved to Wednesday due to the presidential speech or something like that on Thursday.

Maybe you should put that sign back down.

31. schmitty2 says: Apr 6, 2012 3:40 PM

As a Ram’s fan I’m hoping it’s fake. Shows they play the Bear’s on a Thurs night and the Packer’s on a Mon night. We are already one of the laughingstocks of football. No need for further embarassment on national tv

32. hawks1205 says: Apr 6, 2012 3:55 PM

it all looks legit at first glance, london game, thankgiving games and such but looking at the week 1 mnf doubleheader they have tampa going to oakland for the second game. since the doubleheaders have been going i dont think theyve had an eastern team travel to the west coast for that game. im going with fake.

33. paulrg77 says: Apr 6, 2012 4:05 PM

@phillyforlife:

Is it really necessary to call another poster a ‘douche’? Especially when he makes a valid point. FOX has had the double-header on opening weekend for years, carrying all 3 or 4 late games. Maybe you should check past schedules for the last ten years or so. Or maybe just go back to the 3rd grade and learn to correct your spelling to ‘you’re’.

34. deathtoromo says: Apr 6, 2012 4:08 PM

Where the hell is this schedule??

35. steveo468 says: Apr 6, 2012 4:13 PM

I think it is Bogus…they have the Ravens home week 1 on 9/9 and the Orioles have a home game that same day. Since both facilities use the same parking they can’t be both home the same day.

Go Ravens!

36. bigredtuna says: Apr 6, 2012 4:20 PM

Great thanks to Paulreg77 for pointing out to Phillyforlife that he is not just uniformed but a jerk about it.

By the way, I’m also from Philly too and a big Eagles fan. Phillyforlife is just an example of why the fans in this town gets such bad press.

37. larrydavid7000 says: Apr 6, 2012 4:24 PM

That’s right this league wants is BOGUS .!!!!!!!

38. tramonisland says: Apr 6, 2012 4:29 PM

yep it’s definitely leaked since they have the packers starting the season with 2 away games and the packers haven’t ever in their history (thanks wikipedia) started the season with 2 away games.

39. blacknole08 says: Apr 6, 2012 4:29 PM

Schedule release day is one of the days a true NFL fan looks forward too. I hope “she” is right.

40. tramonisland says: Apr 6, 2012 4:31 PM

definitely *fake i mean. also no way the packers would play a sunday night game followed by a thursday night game.

41. rj2922 says: Apr 6, 2012 4:38 PM

I will give the guy credit for putting it all together but I say “fake”. He has the Eagles playing home games at 1pm sept 9th and 23rd, however the Phillies have 1:30 home games both days and neither the city or either of the teams would allow this to happen since they share the parking lots. Eagles will be away those weeks unless they are scheduled for Sunday night or Monday night.

42. vetdana says: Apr 6, 2012 4:39 PM

Actually , Whimpy is even MORE Generous than that because he will pay,….next TUESDAY !

43. raidermick says: Apr 6, 2012 4:54 PM

Here’s all you need to know about the schedule…

Raiders win it all!!!

Late…

44. eagles92 says: Apr 6, 2012 5:22 PM

Lol its deff fake eagles dont host a single prime time game I can’t remember the last time that happend

45. stairwayto7 says: Apr 6, 2012 5:49 PM

You can tell it fake right off the bat because CBS has 2 games at 4:15 and that is whe U.S.Open is and CBS has not played NFL games at that time. Another issue is the Eagles-Cards game starting at 1:00 pm eastern time which would be 11:00 am Arizona time!

46. lennydpocketqb says: Apr 6, 2012 6:53 PM

Has to be a fake. Doesn’t Dallas play on Turkey Day every year?

47. crussell75 says: Apr 6, 2012 6:57 PM

I’ll be honest. I love schedule release day. It’s how I gauge the flow of the season. I look for tough road trips, home stands, prime-time games, holiday games, etc. It’s also how I plan my travel trips, considering the weather in certain climates, etc. It’s good stuff man!

48. bischof21 says: Apr 6, 2012 7:12 PM

I glanced at it earlier. If I remember correctly it had the steelers playing 5 of their first 6 on the road. That would be nuts.

49. autumnwind999 says: Apr 6, 2012 8:22 PM

As long as the league schedules the Colts for 10 primetime games again this season, like last, then America will be happy.

50. spliffbunker says: Apr 6, 2012 8:57 PM

fun to look at but it is fake…

according to this the late doubleheader games are on CBS for all 17 weeks

51. cover2blitz0 says: Apr 7, 2012 1:16 AM

if it is real its pretty sweet the bucs get 3 primetime games including opening the season on espn which after last season I kinda find hard to believe

52. bigredtuna says: Apr 7, 2012 11:16 AM

This guy is exactly right. This sked is completely bogus:

“spliffbunker says:Apr 6, 2012 8:57 PM

fun to look at but it is fake…

according to this the late doubleheader games are on CBS for all 17 weeks”

Here’s hoping this prompts Goodell to get the real one out in the next week or two, and not make us wait for draft week.