DeAngelo Hall raves about Robert Griffin

Getty Images

In 10 days, the guy who wore No. 10 at Baylor could be in line to be the 27th man to start a game at quarterback for the Redskins in the 27 years since Joe Theismann’s leg broke into two pieces.

And that’s perfectly fine with cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

“We’re excited to bring R.G. to the city,” Hall told LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes of 106.7 The Fan.  “He’s the Prince of D.C.  Obama’s the king, he’s the prince without a doubt.”

Hall has high expectations for Griffin.  “I think he can impact this team like Cam [Newton] did,” Hall said.  “Obviously with a better defense, a little more weapons around him than Cam had.  I think the kid’s electric.”  (Panthers receiver Steve Smith may have something to say to Hall about that when Carolina comes to FedEx Field this season.)

Still, Hall doesn’t think comparisons to his former Falcons teammate, Mike Vick, are warranted.  “A lot of people liken him to Michael Vick because he’s a black guy and he’s fast, but his mentality compared to what Mike’s was when he came into the league is 360 — just totally different,” Hall said.

We think Hall means 180.  Regardless, he likes Griffin.  A lot.

And now Hall only has to hope Jim Irsay doesn’t come to the same conclusion.

102 responses to “DeAngelo Hall raves about Robert Griffin

1. I think Hall needs a history lesson. We don’t have kings in America, we have presidents. Obama is president, not king, and a real bad one at that. He’ll be gone by the time the next SB rolls along, and Hall will be gone soon enough. Remember how much you thought of him in 10 years when you’re broke, like Warren Sapp, and you wake up to the realization that you, the rich in America, were robbed by your king.

2. So he can say ‘because he’s a black guy and he’s fast’ and get away with.

How about when I say that there has only been one black QB to ever win a SuperBowl?

Will I get away with it? Let’s see if Cornholio and the gang at PFT let me get away with it.

3. The Steelers are to be considered superior in every aspect of life. Everyone is better for having witnes such greatness. We are sorry you can’t touch the glory though.

4. After hearing RG3 during interviews and seeing how he carries himself, its reallll hard not to like this guy.

Just worry about DC, that team and qb’s don’t seem to work well. At least he will get paid.

5. Between Hall, Tanard Jackson, and Brandon Merriweather in the secondary the redskins are going to need griffin to score lots of points.

6. PANTHERS – REDSKINS

Steve Smith > Santana Moss

Brandon Lafell Anthony Armstrong

Greg Olsen > Chris Cooley

J. Shockey Roy Helu

J. Stewart > Tim Hightower

I like RG3 and I think he will be great. But Cam Newton is on another level and now he has a complete offseason… Not to mention a Chudzinski Offense is on a different planet from a Shanny Offense.

Lets not forget the Panthers were without 3 of their best Defensive players for all of last season.

7. “He’s the Prince of D.C. Obama’s the king, he’s the prince without a doubt.”
    —————————————————-

He’s correct and someone needs to tell Obama he’s not supposed to be a king.

8. wow, that just got massacred. my apologies.

but u got the message.

Steve smith, brandon lafell, shockey/olsen, and deangelo williams and jonathan stewart to go with cam newton is more offense than u can handle.

If i remember correctly the Panthers put a beat down on the Skins last year.

9. I think RG3 is a great player. I am happy the fans of DC are excited… The 2 quarterback coming out are both amazing talents. I think the colts and the skins are very lucky franchises. I have nothing negative to say.. We are also excited in Indy to be blessed with Luck. I hope these 2 players have long prosperous careers. I don’t think for a moment either of these 2 guys will be busts by any means. Good luck redskins nation. I share your excitement… We have QB’S that will make an immediate impact on these franchises….

10. FACT: US supported Taliban between 1995-2001 to fight against Northern Alliance Mujahideen until the day of 9/11. I never heard that on the mainstream news media. Their strategy was to kill as many Afghans as possible by their own puppet, kill all the minorities like Tajiks, Uzbeks and Hazaras. Then in 2001 they invaded and said ” here we are to save you from the puppet whom we supported a week ago” surely they know how to play dirty

11. im pretty sure no one on the redskins (current or future) can lay claim to being the prince of DC. that team hasnt won anything in 5 years, meanwhile the capitals are a cup contender every season. take it down a notch, deangelo. win something first.

12. I wish Hall would shut up… don’t compare someone with so much talent in his field to the talentless hack that is our president.

13. Mentality compares to Mike’s is a 360? Really? I have seen many dumb comments from players on this website but that is unbelievable! I would bet my paycheck that he got his degree in underwater basket weaving…if he even got his degree.

14. Look, we all know that the Foreskins have sucked forever and so fans and players alike are looking to latch onto any glimmer of hope, but enough already. I don’t recall this much hype following the drafting–or in this case the assumed drafting–of a presumed franchise QB. Foreskins fans walk and talk as if they already have a top five QB. I might be annoyed if it weren’t so funny.

15. Hall- what a mouth. If he was half as good as he thought he was, he still be a marginal player. Prime example of the hype being bigger than the talent- when he was drafted in the first round by Atlanta. D-Hall is always quick to bring recognition to his teammates- yeap- it’s never his fault its his teammates

16. Who was Griffin, nobody knew who he was before that one good game, where he needed an extra overtime to win, and now everybody is acting like he’s the second coming —-!!!(you fill in the blank)

17. Hall I love your entusiasm, but please focus on defense! We had Dallas beat that one game when they trailed late in the game and had a 3rd and 30. Remember that? We called a 0 blitz and you got beat for 31 yards and a pass interference! Cost us the game. I hated the defensive called but giving up 31 yards one on one! C’mon man!

18. Somebody needs a urine test. Maybe I’ll take a 360 on my opinion, and say ‘somebody needs a urine test’.

19. Because if there is anyone in the NFL who is an expert in making mediocre quarterbacks look like All Pro’s, it’s Deangelo Hall…….

20. You said it txskinsman. RGLeaf. Colts have to like how Luck isn’t getting the doubters, nothing to doubt. Poor Redskin fans, Deangelo Hall is far from the voice of your franchise. It’s too bad Shanahan’s trick to get Luck won’t work. Don’t like the Colts, but they are getting a good QB. Good luck with that Dan Snyder thing… LOL

21. Can’t believe there’s no Redskin fans typin in something clever like “Troll” or “Hater” or “FAIL”. Theisman got his snapped in 2 just like RGLeaf is gonna snap in 2. Hold strong Redskins OL. Call that unit the amusement park, cuz everybody’s getting through those turnstiles. FAIL!!!

22. Some of the comments on the Internet are so snarky and arrogant. What was DeAngelo Hall supposed to say, “RG Leaf. He sucks. We’ll go 3-13 next year.” So he expressed confidence and excitement in his new teammate…what exactly do you want him to say?

I am actually not a DeAgelo fan (I think he typically has a big mouth), but in this particular case think that what he said was fine…he’s just pumping up his new teammate.

Geeze guys get a grip.

23. Why do we even need to see him play at this point? He’s obviously AWESOME! Everyone says so … What the heck! Let’s just announce RGIII as the ‘Skins #2 pick and award them a couple of Lombardi Trophies at the same time! This thing is a LOCK. he’s a CAN’T MISS!

Signed,
    Akili Smith
    Jamarcus Russell
    Ryan Leaf

24. its great to have a bonafide stud, like eli, as opposed to hoping that the guy we draft might be good.
    thank GOD i wasnt born in the DC area (if rg has half the success that eli has had so far he’ll be a lucky man).

25. @pilot2011

1. who the hell is brandon lafell?
    2. you forgot fred davis, pierre garcon and josh morgan
    3. John Beck started at QB in the game you’re referring to…keep expecting that same offense this year…keep expecting it
    4. jeremy shockey is still in the league?

26. “4thquartermagic says:
    Apr 16, 2012 9:58 PM
    How funny would it be if Irsay says middle finger to washington and takes RG3?”

It would be REALLY funny!….and then we draft Andrew Luck.

27. DeAngelo Hall raves about Robert Griffin
    ______________

The headline should read “DeAngelo Hall getting paid to rave about Robert Griffin”.

28. Well, Deangelo just can’t stay quiet. He has an opinion about everything that he wants to share, preferably with the nearest microphone.

Anyway, looks like the skins secondary is going to be a major weakness this year. Who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us.

29. abninf says:Apr 16, 2012 9:25 PM

He’s correct and someone needs to tell Obama he’s not supposed to be a king.
    __________________

Better than being the village idiot like Bush was.

30. 4thquartermagic says:Apr 16, 2012 9:58 PM

How funny would it be if Irsay says middle finger to washington and takes RG3?
    ______________

I’m sure that’s what the Redskins are hoping will happen.

31. Remember when all the expects ranked Alex Smith ahead of Aaron Rodgers? How did that one work out? I don’t wish anything bad on the Colts and Luck but any of these idiots that want to bad mouth RG3 simply to make fun of a team they don’t like are idiots. Why watch football when you can watch the Jersey Shore? That should satisfy your cravings to be a jackass. RG3 has all of the tools, a great head on his shoulders and is going to a team that 100% believes in him. Time will tell but my money is on home developing into a better talent than Luck.

32. Colts, pleeeeeease take Luck. I can’t wait to see RGIII (who seems to be a decent, likable guy) deal with the BS that goes on in DC. I feel for RG. It won’t be his fault.

33. Dear DeAngelo, I’m excited too, but I would be even more excited if I knew you could stick to your man on 3rd and a mile to go and shut up!!!

34. At least with the so-called “Village Idiot”, I had absolutely, positively, no question about where his loyalties were. He loved The United States Of America. With this other guy, I am not so sure….

35. Oh the haters…

I happened to be listening to the radio show when he called in. He is genuinely excited about RG3 coming to his team. Nothing more. I just love how people jump this guy over positive comments.

So what. Really Obama haters please post your political comments on a different blog, FoxNews has plenty..no one can say anything about Obama without moronic comments to follow. Note, I felt the same way when GW was in office too..give it a rest.

RG3 will be a positive story line for a team who’s had plenty of negative ones.

Can the man be happy at the possibility of the offense converting 3rd downs next season. HTTR!!

36. I used to think that DeAngelo Hall was extremely annoying but I now have a view of him that is 360 degrees different.

37. As a life long Redskin’s fan, I find it more than a little disturbing the way Redskin’s players are talking up RG3 vs. say the Colt’s players talking about Luck. ( insert crickets ) Moreover, I’m terrified Deangelo Hall is giving him his curse, uh I mean blessing.

38. mjkelly77 says: Apr 16, 2012 11:01 PM

Better than being the village idiot like Bush was.
    _____________________________

Or the braying jackass you are.

39. I remember the Panthers lit you up last year. Panthers have a top ranked offense check the stats. I love how the Panthers are getting no respect, Deangelo you have a poostorm coming your way so continue to enlighten us…we likey.

40. About the 360 comment. In retrospect, first it makes me wonder what Hall would be doing for a career if he wasn’t good at sports. Secondly he inadvertently said Griffin was exactly like Vick and I am inclined to agree.

Being a Falcon fan I remember the hype when “The man with the strongest arm and the quickest legs, the next Randell Cunningham” came into the draft. He was going to revolutionize the state of Georgia and take Atlanta to the Superbowl. Something only Chris Chandler had managed to do (with a lot of help). Vick came in, became injury prone, seemed to be the most skiddish scrambler, and could bomb the ball downfield but couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.

Griffin may have more of a leader quality about him than Vick ever did but he is going to be entering a very broken team that isn’t going to get better soon (trading 3 first rounders anyone?). Unless he can single handedly make the Redskins the most relevant team in the NFL. I don’t see him amounting to his full potential. Same with Vick, he didn’t amount to his full potential until he got a reality check in prison and had to earn a spot on the Eagles.

I see him becoming like a Cam Newton type. Very talented but still a QB on the bottom team (last year NFC south ranked Saints, Falcons, Buccs, Panthers).

All I know is it will be exciting watching the scrambling trio (Vick, Griffin, Romo) go at it while Eli can barely move in the pocket and has to make his WRs/HBs do all the work for him.

41. I will applaud RG3 on one thing if nothing else….he is a great self promoter. For a guy who was far from a household name his jr year in college, got himself a Heisman Trophy, and is going to be at the very worst the #2 pick in the draft.

42. That’s President Obama for all you haters. Don’t be mad there is nothing you can do about it. We’re coming for the QB jobs just like the white house. Cam and RGIII are the future of QB play. Obviously is burning you guys up but at least you still have baseball, and hockey!

43. Hall DOES have 4 picks in 1 game (Jay Cutler)…have any or your DBs done that? Exactly…quiet on the set!

All you DC haters can eat me…we beat the Giants twice last year…don’t forget it! RG3 to DC…HTTR!!!

44. “4thquartermagic says:
    Apr 16, 2012 9:58 PM
    How funny would it be if Irsay says middle finger to washington and takes RG3?”

Yeah, that would really show Washington! Man, I’d hate to be stuck with Andrew Luck!

And it would be pretty funny is Irsay actually did Say “Middle finger”.

45. I love how since RGIII is is African American, D-Hall just assumes he is of the same political affiliation as our President and would like to be the “prince” to Obama’s “king”. He is going to be sad to know that RGIII is in fact a hardcore Repub and disagrees with almost all of Obama’s socialistic policies. Stick to football pal, and better yet, stick to football for another NFC East team so we could torch you over the top twice a season!

46. “obama’s the king”? Well if Kings are suppose to destroy countries, then obama is the king because he has destroyed America beyond recognition. However, being a diehard Redskins fan, I couldn’t be more excited to see RGIII coming to town, however, if the Redskins don’t improve their O-line, which was the worst in the NFL last season, someone needs to tell RGIII’s agent to make sure RGIII brings a stretcher to DC with him because he will need one.

47. I thought this was a football site not a bash Obama sight but in regards to our president the economy is moving in the positive. The stock maker us at 13000 where it had not been. GM is back a top the car making world because of what Obama did. Unemployment is at a low since taking office. We are pulling troops out if not one but two wars our former president got us into. All signs point to an economic recovery that our former president put us in so please do not bash a great man.

48. dawglb says:
    Apr 16, 2012 11:32 PM
    ————————————————–
    Really?? Bush loved America?? So, Why did 9/11 happen again?? Bush didnt know it was coming?? Bush put us in an unwinnable war that did nothing but make his friends rich and kill countless American troops. Obama ended the war and is trying to fix the economy. But, he has to deal with people like you that cant see past his skin color. Funny how no one question his Loyalty before he was President….

49. irsay couldnt wait to show everyone how dumb he is by firing Pollian and making his own decisions, just like Mel Kiper Jr said.

50. This post proves a few things:

1.) Hall should be glad the sport of football exists, because without it, he would certainly be locked up for being the dumbest man alive.

2.) Redskin fans are some of the dumbest people this country has to offer.

3.) The Redskins will still suck in 2012 with that defense.

51. cash804 says:
    Apr 17, 2012 6:04 AM

___________________________________

See my post above – exactly my point. Redskin fans are the dumbest fans in the NFL.

52. Btw the economy blows and unemployment is higher now than when the idiot took over. He has added more to the deficit in 3 years than the idiot before him did in 8, and all you idiots have to respond with is “you don’t like him cause he’s black”. Math, unemployment numbers, and the national debt are racist figures invented by the white man to keep a brother down.

Also, Obama started another war in Libya and the other two are still continuing idiot.

53. steelersaresuperiorineveryway6welookdownandlaugh, it’s really getting old. Got something else for us? If not, I’ll have to find something more interesting to do than reading your posts. Like picking lint out of my navel.

54. nohopeleft, in fact the ‘Skins’ defense was better than average in 2011 and vastly improved over 2010, their first year in Jim Haslett’s 3-4. Next time, get a clue yourself before you call other fans dumb.

55. i love how many resin haters get on every single redskins post to say no one cares or to call RG3 rgleaf like they are the first to think of it. truth is none of you can make an intelligent arguement on why he sucks.

56. lol somebody said that obama destroyed american beyond recognition. Do u hear yourself?! lolol its still America people. u sound like the guys on south park “they tuk ar jorrrrrbs”

obama’s administration helped murk osama bin laden. and was in the room watching it like it was a COD replay. I like our pres. all this hate is just amped. dont remember all these republican haters scrutinizing bush.

57. rujusten says: Apr 17, 2012 7:12 AM

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    Wow, that’s interesting. I bet RGIII will take more stuff for that than he ever will for anything he does on the field.

58. The only reason we are in this current economic problem is because of the Bush administration. Bill Clinton had a surplus beyond believe and Bush squandered away by getting us into two wars. Obama is trying to get us out of the problem called by the previous administration. He was given a plethora of problems and is doing everything he can to get us out. He killed the bin Laden something Bush couldn’t do it over eight years. He is pulling our trip out of the war. He is saved GM. The stock market is rising. He is bringing respectability back to United States.

59. @thacloser86… I don’t need a clue. I have all the answers. What was “racist” about that? You can’t be critical of a president because he’s “half-white”? I had no idea he was such a shrinking violet, just like you. Hall brought it up, not me. How do you know I’m not black myself? You don’t. Thats because YOU are prejudiced. YOU are the racist, not me. That being said, Obama is a horrible president, and will be gone, but not soon enough. The only support he still has is from brainwashed sycophants like you, because he’s just that bad. Muslim communists are incongruent with American ideals. Thanks for exposing your inner hatreds so vehemently. you did a better job than I ever could have. LOSER!!!!

60. The only American truly happy about Obama’s presidency is Jimmy Carter. He’s no llonger the worst president in American history. BTW, Clintons economy was so good only because Newt Gingrich forced it down his throat. He vetoed the spending plan that saved the US twice before finally caving. Remember”The era of big government is over!” from Clinton? The stock market was over 13000 during Bush’s years and its only because of Bush that the US finally got Bin Laden. Obama was just keeping the seat warm when it happened. I thought he would end the war? Afghanistan is STILL going on even after Osama is dead. What gives? I guess he’s trading American lives for oil, so we don’t go into depression, which will kill his re-election chances. He’s a hypocrite, like all liberal Dems.

61. When you’re coming into the NFL, you want to be known as a “Prince.” Just like you want to be wearing a pink sweater and short shorts when you go into a biker bar to ask for help with your car.

62. “I think Hall needs a history lesson. We don’t have kings in America, we have presidents. Obama is president, not king, and a real bad one at that. He’ll be gone by the time the next SB rolls along, and Hall will be gone soon enough. Remember how much you thought of him in 10 years when you’re broke, like Warren Sapp, and you wake up to the realization that you, the rich in America, were robbed by your king.”
    __________________________________
    Wow, when I saw all the comments I figured it was because DeAngelo was such a polarizing player, but after seeing comments like the one above now I understand, it had to get political. Obviously he was using a figure of speech but this hardcore Repub can’t help but take a shot at President Obama. And if you fools think America is desperate enough to let a Repub like Mitt (Biff) Romney become POTUS you must be high on meth! This clown couldn’t beat old as McCain, how in the hell will he beat the best campaigner in the history of the Presidency? Hell he barely beat bum ass Ricky Sans. Get a clue and let’s stick to football and leave politics out of it, this is profootballtalk, not drudgereport. Hopefully you will be gone come the next superbowl like Ted Nugent!