One-stop shopping for the full 2012 regular season schedule

NFL Pic

MDS noted how the 2012 NFL schedule sets up poorly for Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez‘ tenuous job security. Florio pointed out that the schedule jams together division-rival games, and also broke down the upcoming season’s Sunday Night Football slate. New Bills defensive end Mario Williams isn’t particularly excited to face his old team at midseason.

And we were so thrilled about Tuesday night’s schedule release that we typed the whole thing out.

So bookmark it, include it in your “favorites,” or just keep checking back until January.

We’ve got the entire 2012 NFL regular season schedule right here.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: AFC, NFC, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
22 Responses to “One-stop shopping for the full 2012 regular season schedule”
  1. buffalion says: Apr 17, 2012 10:24 PM

Dammit. September is a long time from now.

2. webehighrollin says: Apr 17, 2012 10:29 PM

Sean Payton 2012 Schedule: wk1: BYE wk2: BYE wk3: BYE wk4:BYE wk5: BYE wk6:BYE wk7: BYE wk8: BYE wk9: BYE wk10: BYE wk11: BYE wk12: BYE wk13: BYE wk14: BYE wk15: BYE wk16: BYE wk17: BYE

3. everydayimfumbilin says: Apr 17, 2012 10:29 PM

I wonder what Joe Buck is doing right now.

4. mcjon22 says: Apr 17, 2012 10:29 PM

No one is ‘thrilled’ for the Thursday night games because half the games are terrible, and the announcers on NFL Network are GOD AWFUL. It’s the equivalent to nails down a chalk board. How was this not addressed in the new CBA?

5. ricksaints says: Apr 17, 2012 10:34 PM

I’m a long time saints fan born and raised In San Diego. I’m looking forward to Week 5 at home vs the Chargers. I’ll be traveling to Nola for the second time in 3 years to watch my team. This will be a crazy season for the saints. I’m a realist i do know this can be a very tough season for us but Ill will be rooting for my team thru thick and thin as I have always done. This will also be group trip in which I will be accompanied by friends and family. Some of which will be wearing powder blue. All in all, that is the game I’m most looking forward to besides just wanting the season to start. Can’t wait to visit that great city and party with its great people. Who Dat!!!!

6. randomcommenter says: Apr 17, 2012 10:45 PM

They said on nfl network that they started with 400,000 schedules and then kept paring the down until they had 1 to send goodell for approval. Then goodell shredded that and went with the one bill belichick sent him.

Seriously, the pats play the NFC west plus Denver and Houston and somehow, they will only go west of the Mississippi one time when they play seattle.

They get 49ers, cards, texans, and broncos at home.

Not only is there schedule easy in terms of opponents, but the nfl gave them pretty much the easiest arrangement of those opponents as possible.

7. ilovephillyhaters says: Apr 17, 2012 11:05 PM

Eagles schedule easy wins but we ll some how end 9and6 with no good teams to play except no ny and det. Playoff friendly for Andy. He ll be back.

8. mempusa says: Apr 17, 2012 11:18 PM

I don’t understand how anyone can think the schedules are fixed. It’s cyclical. Granted, there are certain teams who win consistently but it has nothing to do with their strength of schedule. There are never the same 53 men on each roster, players get older, injured etc…Each year is a different year, different team. How teams win consistently is determined by the strength of the relationship between the Owner-GM-Head Coach.

9. hannahsdaddy says: Apr 17, 2012 11:21 PM

Didn’t take long to hose the Raiders. Open with the late Monday night game followed by an easy coast trip. Hey NFL, try to make it a little less obvious.

10. laxcoach37 says: Apr 17, 2012 11:34 PM

The Pats getting the easiest schedule is rediculious! We know the Opponents are a fixed formula, but seriously, they get Miami both times in December. My Fins may be struggling, but they have beaten the Pats a few times and a hot, humid 1:00 game in South Florida would help. No, instead we get the Texans at Houston for the Opener. The Jets get a real tough 5 game start (should be fun to witness the Sanchez-Tebow-Lockeroom Meltdown). The Bills get 6 of 9 games on the road to start. Just sayin…

11. billinlouisiana says: Apr 17, 2012 11:35 PM

randomcommenter says:

They get 49ers, cards, texans, and broncos at home.

———————————————————

You obviously don’t have a clue how the NFL has it pre-determined years in advance on who plays who and where. The only thing the NFL does each year to set the schedule is determine what dates each team plays who on not who they play during the season.

12. kgun80 says: Apr 17, 2012 11:36 PM

3 out of the first 9 games for the Bills on the road… Nice job NFL, at least we get to face Sanchez and Tebow..and the NFC West , well minus the SanFran..

13. buffalion says: Apr 17, 2012 11:44 PM

kgun80 says: Apr 17, 2012 11:36 PM

———-

4 of first 6
    6 of first 9

But, the December schedule looks nice. 4 of 5 at home and against Jags, Rams, Seahawks, Dolphins and Tebow. If we can survive the first half the schedule, sets us up nicely for a shot at the wildcard.

14. mungman69 says: Apr 18, 2012 12:14 AM

The Eagles play four teams after their bye. Is this a good thing or not?

15. drednot says: Apr 18, 2012 6:20 AM

I know this is meaningless to most of you guys, but i want to know. Can someone here tell me how the NFL determines what team has a bye on a given week? (I hope my question makes sense)

16. danslonestarblog says: Apr 18, 2012 7:33 AM

Whine, whine, whine, pats schedule, whine, boo hoo conspiracy. Will it ever end? Just be happy they haven’t won a super bowl in 7 years and you can still mention Spy gate and Eli. Just no satisfying some people.

17. jf203 says: Apr 18, 2012 8:04 AM

Kiss ig the Pats ass again..can you get an easier layup game than Miami at home to end the season…..Screw Kraft scumbag

18. southpaw2k says: Apr 18, 2012 8:41 AM

drednot,

I assume you’re asking how the NFL schedules bye weeks for each team. I’m only guessing, but I think it’s fairly randomized. There was a stretch several years ago when the Ravens’ bye week was very early in the season, like week 4 or 5, for a couple years in a row. The team then asked the league to move their bye further into the season when building the schedule. The league complied and moved it to late October/early November instead of early October.

My point is the league builds the byes in just as semi-randomly as the rest of the schedule. But that’s entirely a guess on my part, so if someone else has better info I’d love to hear an explanation.

19. abgroove says: Apr 18, 2012 9:54 AM

Um, did I read the schedule correctly? The Steelers have 0 Monday night games? When is the last time that happened?

20. abgroove says: Apr 18, 2012 9:55 AM

Oh, there is that 1 against the Chefs

21. laxcoach37 says: Apr 18, 2012 10:35 AM

The Bears have 3 MNF Games? I get Pats (NFL’s little darlings), I get the Broncos ( Peyton: new NFL darlings), I get the Giants, Packers, Saints and Texans( because they deserve Prime-Time), but the Bears?

Will be funny when those games are on and they have cameo footage of Brandon Marshall sitting at home on the couch because of his Suspension.

22. drednot says: Apr 18, 2012 6:07 PM

Thanks southpaw2k…I suspected it was random, but wasn’t certain.

Thanks again