Packers start with 49ers, Bears, Seahawks

82408277_crop_650x440 Getty Images

With less than 30 minutes to go until the 2012 regular-season schedule is released, folks are scouring for every possible morsel of information.

Courtesy of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, three Packers games have been leaked.  The first three.

They open at home against the 49ers, in the doubleheader slot on FOX.  Four nights later, the Packers host the Bears on NFLN’s Thursday Night Football.

Then, a full 11 days later, the Packers travel to Seattle for a Monday night game.

And so, before 30 teams will have played their second games, the Packers will have already exhausted 25 percent of their home schedule, at a time when the tundra will be anything but frozen.

Permalink 44 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
44 Responses to “Packers start with 49ers, Bears, Seahawks”
  1. west4420 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:43 PM

Packers, get ready to start 1-2.

2. thegallopingghost says: Apr 17, 2012 6:47 PM

damn guys is it really that hard to wait 3o minutes and watch espn?

3. mas151 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:48 PM

Packers, get ready to start 3-0.

4. dipanman says: Apr 17, 2012 6:49 PM

I guess the Bears don’t then?

5. red513 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:50 PM

NFLN Thursday night football doesn’t start until week 3, right?

6. cali49er707 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:51 PM

everybody should already know their opponents, its now just time & dates, the 9ERS play GB,MIN,NE,NYJ,NYG,BUF,MIA,DIVISION & some other teams i cant remember , WHY SUCH BIG DEAL?? even the home & away has been sorted, people act like they just witnessed the invention of the car!!!

7. nineroutsider says: Apr 17, 2012 6:51 PM

A 2-1 start after 3 games isn’t so bad…

8. goddannit says: Apr 17, 2012 6:52 PM

Who picks up the win against them?

9. iamthorny says: Apr 17, 2012 7:21 PM

The Packers will play their 3rd game AFTER every NFL team save for Seattle, not before.

10. dirtyjersey9er says: Apr 17, 2012 7:21 PM

11. jayniner says: Apr 17, 2012 7:24 PM

Aaron Rodgers just peed a little when he saw the week 1 matchup…

12. 49erstim says: Apr 17, 2012 7:27 PM

@cali49er…… I don’t think its as much about just “who” as it is about “who and when”. As for me, I’d say the latter is true. I like seeing our 9ers get primetime love and that’s exciting…. Also I may have to plan 1 or 2 road trips! Enjoy it brother. :-)

13. nflfollower says: Apr 17, 2012 7:30 PM

Well they still get Detroit at home late in the season. They always do, if you check recent schedules.

14. bearsrulepackdrool says: Apr 17, 2012 7:34 PM

Hmmm. The Pack on a short week after facing a tough opponent. It’s gonna be a feeding frenzy in Lambeau and cheeseheads are on the menu.

15. bearsrulepackdrool says: Apr 17, 2012 7:35 PM

cali49er707 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:51 PM

__________________________

Thanx Captain Obvious. It’s about when they play and if they’re on Sunday, Monday, and/or Thursday Night Football.

16. stevenfbrackett says: Apr 17, 2012 7:58 PM

3 games in 17 days? They did that to the Packers last year, too. Did anyone else get jammed like this, too?

17. mjkelly77 says: Apr 17, 2012 8:14 PM

So Hairbow starts 0-1? Mike McCarthy won’t have to be worried about getting slugged on the back by the crybaby.

18. bordner says: Apr 17, 2012 8:39 PM

This is a favorable schedule. Their short week comes the earliest possible week of the season. When their legs are still fresh. I’d rather have it early in the year than later, when everyone is all banged up.

19. cali49er707 says: Apr 17, 2012 8:39 PM

if im captain obvious then you are obviously captain dumbass, you will forget in 2days what date your thursday game is or your monday game, so i will only be correct in my point

20. 49erstim says: Apr 17, 2012 8:42 PM

@mjkelly…. Your 9er jealousy is delicious, but I’m unsure whether to go red or white wine with it. Oh the possibilities. Enjoy your petty hatred numbskull. :-)

21. nineroutsider says: Apr 17, 2012 8:45 PM

@mjkelly77 – Hairbow would waste Porky bro…

22. tonyromoisterrible says: Apr 17, 2012 8:49 PM

Loss, DOMINATION, WIN. In that order. The bears are going to be terrible. The Seahawks are always terrible.

HTTR!

23. thejuddstir says: Apr 17, 2012 9:00 PM

3 games in 17 days for the packers……..quit whining packer fans, as it couldn’t be set up much more favorably. It’s not like it’s happening in the middle of the season where players are tired or dinged up from playing 8-9 gms, and no travel for the first 2 gms so they have the entire pre-season to prepare for two gms and then have a short week to prepare for a cream puff game on the road against the chicenhawks. It would’ve been more fair if the seattle game was one of the first two home games and they had to play their first road game against a tough opponent. It seems whenever the packers have a tough opponent, the league makes sure it’s a home game for the pack.

24. vikescry1 says: Apr 17, 2012 9:18 PM

it’s funny people talking alot of smack already? 0-3 and 1-2 start for the pack? I hope you all come back and admit you were wrong when the pack roll those first 3.

25. tokyosandblaster says: Apr 17, 2012 9:33 PM

Sweet… easy 3-0 start.

Packers will go 19-0 this year.

Easily.

26. packfaninvikeland says: Apr 17, 2012 9:36 PM

Moss 49ers debut at Green Bay? lol Oh man. Given that D. and what Smith can do when not pressured against our now weaker d-line, given what the Giants did to us last year..we lose week one( I can hear other packer fans angrily pressing the thumbs down button right now..lol) well 2 out of 3 aint bad. Just saying..what will the packers do to improve our d? Also, Rodgers shows he overthrows his recievers when constantly pressured. You can say 8-9 drops last year in the playoffs sure.. TECHNICALLY they are drops. REALITY, Rodgers over threw on a few of those. But here it comes, I must be a Favre-Loving ,Bandwagon Packer fan for having a different opinion and fairly, maturally criticizing the Packers and Rodgers. Cant wait to hear that.

27. johnnyb216 says: Apr 17, 2012 9:46 PM

Isn’t 25 percent of their home schedule 2 games? Wouldn’t that mean a good number of teams would have played 25 percent of their home games just 3 days later? What is he getting at here?

28. axespray says: Apr 17, 2012 9:57 PM

dirtyjersey9er says:Apr 17, 2012 7:21 PM
    “Week 1 will be one of those games I will root harder than most other games because I’d love to see Alex finally get one up over Aaron Rodgers after years of comparisons.”

I also wanted to see Tony Mandraich get one over the cowboys/falcons, just so he could one up Barry Sanders & Prime Time…. then again, I should be more mad at the guys who drafted a bust instead of a Hall of Famer.

29. shanehawks says: Apr 17, 2012 10:05 PM

What if the Pack start 0-3 just sayin!

30. patsaintsbroncoscheat says: Apr 17, 2012 11:20 PM

west4420 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:43 PM

Packers, get ready to start 1-2.
    _______________________
    Dumbest comment I have read in a long while. The only team that stands a chance in those three is the 49ers and they were a fluke last season. Not to mention Rodgers despises the 49ers after they did not draft him. He will NEVER lose a game to the niners.

31. cornerblitz says: Apr 17, 2012 11:25 PM

Not to mention Matt Flynn is the QB in Seattle. Don’t expect an easy one.

32. tatum064 says: Apr 18, 2012 12:03 AM

bearsrulepackdrool says:
    Apr 17, 2012 7:35 PM
    cali49er707 says: Apr 17, 2012 6:51 PM

__________________________

===========================

Your welcome, Lieutenant “Snarky”. Enjoy looking up at Detroit and Green Bay this year, and prepare for the Brandon Marshall implosion.

33. randallflagg52 says: Apr 18, 2012 12:07 AM

A redskins fan talking crap to the Seahawks?

LOL now I’ve seen everything. Your team hasn’t been relevent in like 25 years, and if I seem to remember the Seahawks have knocked you out of the playoffs the last two times your joke of a team went.

34. twototoo says: Apr 18, 2012 12:10 AM

———————————————-

Uhhhh, yeah.
    28 other teams are playing 3 games in a shorter timespan. Damn, I hate getting “jammed”.

35. tucson9er says: Apr 18, 2012 12:12 AM

I love how mjkelly77 talks ish and then disappears. Stick around for the dogfight, most Packer fans have some nuts sunshine. You might win this game, you may not, but Harbaugh’s got more talent and brains,as well as, Niner fans have guts and heart. I admire tour team but you sir are a dumba$$:D

36. bordner says: Apr 18, 2012 12:36 AM

——————————————————
    “maturally”?

37. mrninetysixchamps says: Apr 18, 2012 12:44 AM

I think the Packers defense will improve because it couldn’t be any worse. This team will show up ready for the niner D. I’m hoping the draft will fill some glaring defensive holes so they can head back to the Super Bowl.

38. lilmiddle78 says: Apr 18, 2012 2:33 AM

stevenfbrackett says:
    Apr 17, 2012 7:58 PM

Ummm, YES!!! Their oponent!! The Bears will have to start their season in the same manor except they don’t get to stay home on the short week & they don’t get the extra day of prep the week following like the Peckers do (since GB has a MNF matchup following the TNF in week 2).. Basically the only other difference will be the Bears starting the year on a 3 game win streak as opposed to the Peckers’ 1-2 start!!

Can’t we just start in May this year!?!?!?

39. cubear34 says: Apr 18, 2012 2:41 AM

Niners, bears, lions…oh my

40. bearsoxass says: Apr 18, 2012 7:36 AM

Alex Smith is bad, bears are pathetic and the Seahawks suck.
    3-0

41. P_Willy says: Apr 18, 2012 9:31 AM

axespray says:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:57 PM
    dirtyjersey9er says:Apr 17, 2012 7:21 PM

______________________

Just so you know, it was McCarthy who had a hard on for Smith when he was OC for the 49ers and wanted to pass on Rodgers.

This should be a great game nonetheless, and a great way to start off the season. I’m glad the niners can go up there while the weather is nice.

Great defense against a great offense – should make for a classic!

42. tokyosandblaster says: Apr 18, 2012 9:52 AM

hahahaha…. I love the bears fan saying the Packers fans should be ready to be looking up at the Lions and Packers.

He sure has his argument prepared.

Seriously… the niners won’t beat the Packers at lambeau. The Bears won’t beat the Packers at Lambeau. The Seahawks won’t beat the Packers at all.

3-0.

Easy.

43. kansacity88 says: Apr 18, 2012 10:56 AM

@tokyosandblaster

Ummm……correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think that was a Bears fan that said that. If you noticed he said “Brandon Marshall IMPLOSION” and not EXPLOSION! My guess is that was a Viking fan or some other! Again, I could be wrong, my inferential skills aren’t all that great in the morning!

44. savannahrose44 says: Apr 18, 2012 5:44 PM

Go on and keep underestimating Seattle. The team loves being the underdog.