Lions fans think their team will go 15-1

Matthew Stafford AP

There was a time, not too long ago, when Detroit Lions fans were a pessimistic bunch — and the team often performed even worse than their fans’ low expectations. But the new regime in Detroit has changed the attitude of the fans significantly.

In fact, a DetroitLions.com survey asking Lions fans to predict the result of each game on the schedule yielded an extremely optimistic result: Lions fans think their team will go 15-1.

For three different home games — Week One against the Rams, Week Four against the Vikings and Week 13 against the Colts — more than 99 percent of the fans who responded to the online survey are picking the Lions to win. Week Six at Philadelphia is the win the Lions’ fans are shakiest on; only 52 percent of their fans picked the Lions to win that one.

The one game most fans think the Lions will lose is Week 14 at Green Bay, when 73 percent of Lions fans are picking the Packers to win. The Lions have lost 20 in a row at Green Bay, and even those optimistic Lions fans have their limits.

Permalink 124 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
124 Responses to “Lions fans think their team will go 15-1”
  1. commandercornpone says: Apr 21, 2012 7:39 PM

10-6 is more like it.

2. whatsafairway says: Apr 21, 2012 7:41 PM

Lions fans should join the concussion lawsuit.

3. Gordon says: Apr 21, 2012 7:42 PM

They’re so precious.

4. ray0414 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:42 PM

Huge lions fan here, NOBODY here thinks that!!! Anyone that voted that was either 10yrs old or joking. 9-11 wins tops.

5. danielcp0303 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:42 PM

If Stafford and Megatron stay healthy than they have a slim shot. Either of those two get injured, and you’re probably on the outside of the playoff picture.

6. coldplay519 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:42 PM

I don’t think 15-1 is probable at all, but hot damn it’s good to believe in the Lions again!

7. brennankm46 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:43 PM

What’s great about this time of year is that every fan base is generally extremely optimistic.

Notice I said, “optimistic”–not “delusional”.

Answer the door, Lions. Regression Towards the Mean is knocking.

8. gbfan says: Apr 21, 2012 7:43 PM

lol

And that’s all I have to say about that.

9. metalhead65 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:45 PM

hey it’s nice for you fans that your team isn’t 0-16 anymore but how about you win something before you go nuts and think your team is 15-1 good. the only reason the lions made the playoffs last year is Jay Cutler got hurt and the bears could not win after. hate all you want but you know it is the truth. Cutler now has a reciever to throw to and they will be better this season.they will be running a balanced offense and not one with 19 step drops getting Cutler killed every play. the lions are a better team than in the past no doubt but not 15-1 better and not better than Da BEARS!

10. butkismyditka says: Apr 21, 2012 7:46 PM

They must have forgot they have to face chicago…twice. Maybe they overlooked the fact they also play Baltimore, San Fran, and @ Atlanta…Doubt it.

11. annes22 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:47 PM

15/1 are you kidding me? Who do you think you are??? Optimistic is putting it lightly.
    Good luck, you obviously have a “high opinion” of your team. Would you like the Super Bowl presentation now??

12. porterhouse12 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:47 PM

In a related story, they also expect their auto manufacturers to outsell Honda and Toyota 8-1…

13. emoney826 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:47 PM

Lol just like when Suh said they were going 16-0 last year. The lions are good, but not 15-1 good. More like 10-6 again if they’re lucky.

14. xstaticonradio says: Apr 21, 2012 7:48 PM

Well I mean, only 32% of people who go to Detroit schools ever graduate so I guess that explains that

15. truepurple says: Apr 21, 2012 7:48 PM

Now thats funny! With a hot head coach like Swantz I’m surprised they didnt have a bounty system.

16. vbe2 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:49 PM

I like Schlotzsky’s.

17. rockbottom37 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:49 PM

No..but 12-4 is very realistic with a mid-level schedule

18. haroldballsagna says: Apr 21, 2012 7:50 PM

Do you have any more polls that no one cares about from other teams?

19. lionsmark09 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:52 PM

I have no idea who was polled here but they were a litlle too optimistic. But let the haters run their mouths. There were plenty of games last year that they were in but imploded late in the game. So 11 to 12 wins is not too unrealistic if they fix some things.

20. nepatriots128154 says: Apr 21, 2012 7:58 PM

The stats are being twisted. The linked article (and you, MDS) assumed that the fans thought the Lions would go 15-1, but the Lion fans were voting on a game-by-game basis, not on a schedule prediction.
    In fact, the amount of Lions fans picking Detroit to beat the Eagles, 49ers, and Bears is 52% 56% and 57%, respectively. Does that mean Lion fans think they will go 3-0 against those teams as a whole? No. It means that Lion fans think that they are favored against all of those teams, but that they’ll probably lose one of them.
    Lion fans are voting on how likely they are to win each individual game. The Lion fans’ are saying they have a >50% chance to beat 15 teams on the schedule, which isn’t the same as saying Detroit will go 15-1.

21. bobhk says: Apr 21, 2012 8:00 PM

Lions fans are delusional. Of course, if they make the playoffs they’ll go 0-1.

22. superbowlseahawks says: Apr 21, 2012 8:01 PM

Only if they play the Bears 16 times.

23. dewalt2990 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:01 PM

0-16 to 16-0….nothing less.

24. hboc01 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:02 PM

And I think Lions fans are 5150.

25. detroitcityryda says: Apr 21, 2012 8:06 PM

As a lions fan I don’t see how fans see us at 15-1 ,sf away ,Philly away ,gb away , bears away,texans home,vikes at their stadium always tough place to play all will be hard games to win . we will go 12-4 or 11-5,same people going for 15-1 are the same fans that predicted 10-6 season on the local radio before the 0-16 season.

26. justasecond1 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:08 PM

I don’t know if they will go 15-1, 14-2, etc. But, I do give them MUCH credit. They came a long way. I think they deserve much credit and recognition for their hard work and success. As an outsider looking in, I’d sure much rather have their team right now over my own…..If anyone from the Lions organization is reading this: Good job!

27. truthhurtstoo says: Apr 21, 2012 8:10 PM

DELUSIONAL… take a lesson from the jets. Don’t shoot off your mouth before you prove it. It’s nothing but hot air…

28. bobhk says: Apr 21, 2012 8:12 PM

They are doing well but they will finish third in their division.

29. jacksaysfu says: Apr 21, 2012 8:13 PM

Every teams fans are optimistic that their team can & will win every week , were all homers . In reality I can see the Lions pulling 10 or 11 wins if everything falls right , but my teams going undefeated !

30. hatesycophants says: Apr 21, 2012 8:17 PM

No one thinks that.

Lions win the division.

Go Lions! Go Badgers!

31. arlingtonsynn says: Apr 21, 2012 8:17 PM

Sounds like their fans are just as stoned as their players.

32. firethorn1001 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:17 PM

No wonder the front office doesn’t worry about their draft picks using marijuana… clearly their fans are using.

33. Bubby Brister says: Apr 21, 2012 8:18 PM

To be fair, if you did a game-by-game fan poll for the other 31 teams in the league I’m pretty sure you’d get very similar results with most of them, and I guarantee a lot of the perennial playoff teams would come up with 16-0. That’s what happens when you have talent on your team — it gives your fanbase optimism. Let Detroit have it’s moment.

34. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:19 PM

I’m a Lions fan. And I think they’ll go 10-6 if some things fall their way. The defensive secondary still needs help and I’m assuming they’ll be able to mount some sort of running attack. Regardless, they have decent, young talent and appear to be a team on the rise. Kudos to Mayhew and Schwartz.

35. Gridiron Grit says: Apr 21, 2012 8:20 PM

15-1 is certainly pushing it. 12-4 tops. But that doesn’t mean the Lions can’t be serious playoff contenders.

Remember, the past two Super Bowl champions finished the regular season with a combined record of 19-13 during the regular season.

36. jhtobias says: Apr 21, 2012 8:20 PM

I guess this is better than lion fan crying about the refs week in and week out.. They do play in the arena football league so maybe 15-1 is possible

37. cmdv8 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:22 PM

I think that pft is setting up the lions to be laughed at.its either negative or a display of our small group of stupid fans. I am a lions fan and that is not how myself or most of us feel. but i am looking forward to the season

38. chawk12thman says: Apr 21, 2012 8:22 PM

Damm, Lion fans are way more optimistic than I am about the Seahawks…….I only have us winning 13 this year…….lol…..

Okay, hoping to get into the playoffs.

39. digitaldonnie says: Apr 21, 2012 8:24 PM

Remember when the Browns went 10-6 in 2007? What happened the very next year? That’s what Lions fans have to look forward to..

40. lionsfanatic84 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:28 PM

Its the off season, any record is possible right now. Slow news day apparently

41. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:28 PM

emoney826 says:Apr 21, 2012 7:47 PM

_______________

Suh never said that. He told the Detroit News: “… we can go 16-0. One of the reasons I’m saying this is because we should shoot for the top.”

I prefer to have that optimism rather than the negative attitude that permeated the locker room a handful of years earlier.

42. Soulman45 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:28 PM

THE GREAT DETROIT LIONS
    15-1 is a little much 49ers @Packers, Atlanta, Eagles is four games that will be hard to win if they win three of them it would be a great year.
    Got t get help for the back 4 from the Draft and O-line help for the future.
    12-4 and a home playoff game.

43. bigjim50010 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:29 PM

Die hard Packer fan here….. I wish that they lose twice a year, but other than that… Its damn nice to see them doing well.

The one question I have is: Do Lions fans suffer a gag reaction whenever they see Matt Millen ” analyze and offer his opinion” on TV. Its truly a shame how long that clown held the franchise in the basement.

44. 305phinphan says: Apr 21, 2012 8:30 PM

Once the bottom dwellers of the nfl and now a superbowl contender. Hopefully my Dolphins will get out of the cellar soon because we have suffered for some time as well.

45. bobcat252525 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:31 PM

MDS hates the Lions. I think he is an idiot. What a way to twist an interesting poll. Stop the hate MDS.

46. buzzardpointlookout says: Apr 21, 2012 8:35 PM

9-7, 10-6, 11-5, 12- 4…

Whatever fellas. Just get into the playoffs and get us that coveted second playoff victory since the start of the Curse of Bobby Layne.

Love the haters, BTW. Especially you Bears fans. See y’all for MNF at that retarded looking spaceship you call a stadium.

47. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:36 PM

porterhouse12 says:Apr 21, 2012 7:47 PM

_________________

Probably not. There are just too many stupid, myopic Americans buying high-cost foreign products. Profits going to Japan and China, improving their roads, infrastruture, school and medical systems, all at the expense of our own. Put an American out of work. Make him dependent upon welfare handouts while removing him from the taxpayer rolls. Make him a consumer and not a producer. Increase our National Debt while also increasing our trade deficit. Yep. Just too many stupid, myopic Americans.

48. bigal5888 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:37 PM

This is one of the worst abuses of stats I’ve ever seen. The writer of this must have a part time job as a politician. I’m betting every playoff team’s fan base think they’d go 16-0 based of this poll. Except Detroit. They’re only 15-1. What a joke of an article. Complete waste of time.

49. hedleykow says: Apr 21, 2012 8:39 PM

Giants proved last year that making the playoffs is all that matters. Just make the playoffs, baby!

50. rexbeatsoff2feet says: Apr 21, 2012 8:39 PM

As a huge Lion fan here, and the Lions fall into that 8-8 category with 75% of the other teams in the league. A couple of good bounces means 10-6, a couple of bad bounces we go 6-10

51. mdd913 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:41 PM

In their defense that is a pretty easy schedule. I wouldn’t say 15-1 by a longshot but I could see 13-3 if things fall their way.

52. whodeyinpa says: Apr 21, 2012 8:49 PM

I guess Leshoure wasn’t the only person in Detroit smoking weed because you’d have to be high to predict a 15-1 season.

53. bigtimepackfan says: Apr 21, 2012 8:54 PM

its so nice seeing the lions doing good. nfc north teams going head to head makes for some awesome drama. now if the vikes can get there act together we would be set. go pack go.

54. lionpride10 says: Apr 21, 2012 8:58 PM

12-4. The schedule is tough with a lot of road games to start but late in the season we get most of our home games. Advantage Detroit

55. jtmartinez34 says: Apr 21, 2012 9:01 PM

Now even the Lions fans are high! What in a lucky 5 and 0 start and a losing 5 and 6 finish makes them think this? The scary new defensive talent they have NOT brought in. Will their 1 loss again be to the Packers 2nd string team like last?

56. 49erstim says: Apr 21, 2012 9:03 PM

I’m not gonna laugh and I’ll tell you why…. Its not that I think 15-1 is accurate because I don’t. They play in a tough division (minus Minnesota. Sorry guys) and that record seems TOO optimistic. The reason I’m not laughing is because its good to see that Detroit is starting to climb that mountain. Some of their fans are delusional, but they’ve seen the dregs for too long and I’ll give ‘em a pass. Enjoy it Lions fans.

57. jimmysee says: Apr 21, 2012 9:04 PM

There are lies; there are damn lies; and there are statistics.

Lions fans are nothing if not amusing.

58. sws222 says: Apr 21, 2012 9:06 PM

Oh…mds……never pass up a chance to make the Lions and their fanslook like idiots. I’ve been a fan for fourty + years. And I see them winning 11. Anyone with more than two brain cells knows they won’t win 15. The only thing sadder than that is your undying hatred for Detroit. What happened? Did a kid wearing a Lions jersey give you a wedgie in 4th grade? You are becoming a joke. (Deleting my post as usual in 3…2…1)

59. korikill says: Apr 21, 2012 9:07 PM

It was a POLL of a lot of different people. When the results are tabulated, they mean nothing except on a PER GAME BASIS.
    For example, 96% of Lions fans think they’ll win against the Rams, but only 52% think they’ll win against the Eagles.
    NO ONE thinks they’ll go 15-1.

60. lks311 says: Apr 21, 2012 9:09 PM

This story will drive responses, but the Lions fan base does truly believe this. Lions fans expect another trip to the playoffs and at least one playoff win, but that’s as far as the rationale fan will go. I think though MDS has discovered a rabid fan base and a counter group that likes to stick pins in them. Still as a longtime fan, relevant is better than not being. I’ll take it.

61. rexryanschoolofpodiatry says: Apr 21, 2012 9:10 PM

Say what you will but the Lions do have what it takes to go 15-1. Not saying they will by any means but they could. Stafford just threw for 5,000+ and 41 TD’s and he is 23 years old. That is ridiculous. Think how good he will be when he is 24, 25, 26, 27, etc…They have CJ, he is the most dominate offensive weapon in the game. They will score points. If they can just fix that secondary they could very well go 13-3, 14-2, or 15-1.

62. 6ball says: Apr 21, 2012 9:10 PM

Injuries, injuries, injuries

Who’ll be suiting up in December ?

Since nobody really knows, aren’t all these preseason “predictions ” somewhat nonsensical ?

63. faithful209er says: Apr 21, 2012 9:16 PM

Soulman45 says:
    Apr 21, 2012 8:28 PM
    THE GREAT DETROIT LIONS
    Got t get help for the back 4 from the Draft and O-line help for the future.
    12-4 and a home playoff game.
    ——————

Finally, I agree with Soulman45!

It’s going to be fun the week you guys come out to SF!!

64. mialto says: Apr 21, 2012 9:20 PM

In other news Marijuana is believed to be highly used in Detriot.

65. desertviking64 says: Apr 21, 2012 9:22 PM

The roar has been restored.

Good luck, I would say 11-5 if they get a running game.

66. jrod2go says: Apr 21, 2012 9:24 PM

Using a game by game confidence poll to deduce that Lions fans think they will go 15-1?? At first I just assumed Skip Bayless wrote this crap. MDSmith should have taken the day off.

67. thefiesty1 says: Apr 21, 2012 9:28 PM

Ha, ha, ha! Only if Suh stomps on an opposing team player(s) EVERY game.

68. lucimorland says: Apr 21, 2012 9:32 PM

Wow.

I just took an online poll and it said Michael David Smith and Chris Chase would be dueling for the worst sportswriter in the world title this week.

Looks like you already won, bruh.

69. scantenii says: Apr 21, 2012 9:32 PM

No Lions fan think the Lions are going 15-1…I am a huge Lions fan…I don’t think the Lions are going 15-1…None of my friends think so either ( Also huge Lions fans)… Going 15-1 would be nothing but a “cute” story the talking heads on TV. We care about the playoffs…and that’s it.

Most of the Lions fans I talk to would be more ecstatic about a playoff win than going 15-1.

I am excited about my team and am optimistic about their chances this year. This is all you should get from that detroitlions.com article.

Have a nice day.

70. mylionsroaring says: Apr 21, 2012 9:33 PM

I am a die hard Lions fan and feel 10-6 is about right, if everything goes really good 11-5, and if things go south with injuries ect 8-8

71. nesby2 says: Apr 21, 2012 9:42 PM

Hate to piss in the Lions kook-aid these clowns are sipping @ the moment but to project the Lions go 15-1 is comical. First off the universe aligned perfectly for the Lions last year with 3 comeback victories being down by 20+ points will NEVER happen again.. Add in the fact of Bears injuries on Defense that got Lions their MNF win by beating a tape job Bears defensive secondary when starters was hurt thus making the Lions 10-6 rather than 6-10. Pure LUCK @ the right moment & those who refute this fact look @ game 2 against the Bears in Chicago, the bears was HEALTHY on defense for the first time all season & it showed with the score being 38-3 @ halftime (Lions fans like to forget that game) also add in season ending injuries to Cutler & Forte that aided the Lions in their 1st playoff appearance. Trust me it won’t happen this year. Everyone in the division EXCEPT the Lions got better & Lions still can’t run & still can’t defend against the pass! This is 2008 Cleveland Browns all over again.. Lions @ best will be 7-9 this year with no miricles comebacks & no lucky miracles they will be swept by Packers & Bears lose @ SF, Philly, & Houston.. It’s going to be a disappointing year in Detroit so don’t get too high on your hopes Lions fans.

72. unitedramp says: Apr 21, 2012 9:48 PM

buzzardpointlookout says: Apr 21, 2012 8:35 PM

_____________________________________________

73. unitedramp says: Apr 21, 2012 9:52 PM

buzzardpoint:

They do play football where its meant to be played, OUTDOORS!….who sounds like the hater now? This just in… Stafford threw his arms up again after he threw yet another pick 6 at Soldier Field

74. funktron2x says: Apr 21, 2012 10:02 PM

LMFAO! :-) This is the craziest troll for hits I’ve seen on this site, and there are plenty of them.

Who is lacking critical thinking skills enough to look at a poll asking fans who will win each game and then arrive at the conclusion that “Lions fans think they will go 15-1″? This is bad math, bad stats and awful logic.

Anyway, that all said – much love to all you less-than-intelligent folks on here who actually ran with the notion that most Lions fans think this way. I don’t have a clue where they’ll finish, but 15-1 is highly unlikely.

Finally: The real idiots here are the folks who run the Lions’ web site. Seriously? A poll for fans on how they think the season will shake out? For all to see and make fun of? :-)

This Lions fan is literally laughing his blank off right now at the enormous amount of idiocy that circles this broken wagon.

75. funktron2x says: Apr 21, 2012 10:03 PM

@Bears fans: Man, you guys are STILL incredibly whiny about the injuries you suffered last year. So much so that you’re inventing things that didn’t happen in your head. Get a grip, folks. You’re good, the Lions are good and the Packers are good. Get ready to enjoy another awesome NFCN season.

76. funktron2x says: Apr 21, 2012 10:08 PM

mjkelly77 says:
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    emoney826 says:Apr 21, 2012 7:47 PM
    =-=-=-=-=-
    ———————-
    SHHHH, MJkelly! It’s better to let the haters have no clue what is fact and what is not. :-)

77. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:12 PM

nesby2 says:Apr 21, 2012 9:42 PM

Hate to … Add in the fact of Bears injuries on Defense that got Lions their MNF win by beating a tape job Bears defensive secondary when starters was hurt thus making the Lions 10-6 rather than 6-10. Pure LUCK @ the right moment & those who refute this fact look @ game 2 against the Bears in Chicago, the bears was HEALTHY on defense for the first time all season & it showed with the score being 38-3 @ halftime (Lions fans like to forget that game) also add in season ending injuries to Cutler & Forte that aided the Lions in their 1st playoff appearance. … no lucky miracles they will be swept by Packers & Bears …
    ____________________

Spoken like a fearful Bears fan.

78. muskyhunter2542 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:13 PM

now that’s an uneducated fanbase. Packers are still heads and sholders above the lions.

79. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:18 PM

Hey, Tigers just won 3-2.

80. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:19 PM

muskyhunter2542 says:Apr 21, 2012 10:13 PM

__________________

How’s the cheeshead school system? Spell much?

81. swagswaglikepoopoo says: Apr 21, 2012 10:20 PM

82. mjkelly77 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:20 PM

CHEESEHEAD …..

83. Soulman45 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:22 PM

@faithful209er
    This is one of those time I was trying to be truthful not just having fun it is the place to have a little fun.

84. jsrdc says: Apr 21, 2012 10:24 PM

@muskyhunger2542,

You do mean heads and “shoulders”, right? What was that comment about uneducated? Part of being educated is having the ability to spell correctly, and it’s even more important when you are trying to bash a fan base for being “uneducated”. Any team with a SB win is heads and shoulders above the Lions, since winning it all is the point. And as we all know, the Detroit fans don’t have one of those in their legacy.

85. franktherat96 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:45 PM

lol….someone needs to tell Lion fans to not do drugs.

86. rhett16 says: Apr 21, 2012 10:46 PM

mjkelly77 says:Apr 21, 2012 10:19 PM

How’s the cheeshead school system? Spell much?

——————————————————-

Rip on another poster for poor spelling, and then proceed to spell “cheesehead” wrong. Classic.

87. asublimeday says: Apr 21, 2012 10:53 PM

The bears absolutely spanked them last season. It’ll happen twice this season.

88. pigskinpimp says: Apr 21, 2012 10:54 PM

15 and 1? I was leaning more towards 16 and 0.

89. 7to10for6allday says: Apr 21, 2012 11:15 PM

Offensively they definitely have the firepower. But you also need a D and the lions D stinks so 10 wins tops. Especially because the bears will be better and the packers still probably win that division. I like stafford though…. He’s the real deal. Jets got Sanchez lol

90. vikescry1 says: Apr 21, 2012 11:21 PM

swagswaglikepoopoo says:
    Apr 21, 2012 10:20 PM
    I rather go 10-6 again and make the playoffs, then go 15-1, have high expectations, then lose in the Divisional Round, Your Move, Packers fans. —————————————————————————————————————————————————– Yep we had high expectation’s and went 15-1 and lost in the Divisional round, but we also won the Superbowl the year before that. Don’t worry we’re not expecting to go 15-1 this year, we know better. Fact is the Packers have won something before (4 Superbowl’s) all Detroit has done is go 0-16… well at least you have something no other team has. your move lions fans.

91. briwis7 says: Apr 21, 2012 11:26 PM

And the Red Wings will win the Stanley Cup this year. Oh wait oops. My bad.

92. muskyhunter2542 says: Apr 21, 2012 11:30 PM

sorry, its my phone… however, its the truth.

93. justwaittilnextyear says: Apr 21, 2012 11:32 PM

Hey butkismyditka are you stupid boy? When do we play the Ravens oh preseason?!?! Wow go drink another beer dumbass! We wont go 15-1 but 11-5 is feasible.

94. klunge says: Apr 21, 2012 11:36 PM

The only thing Lions fans can say for sure about the schedule is when our team takes the field with any team on it, they have a reasonable chance of winning. It’s clear some just are not dealing very well with the fact they are no longer your doormat.

95. renaissanceman87 says: Apr 21, 2012 11:56 PM

13-3 if the Lions experience optimal health…

10-6 if they run into a few key injuries at important positions…

6-10 if they are unlucky with injuries…

Just like every other team, really :)

96. chibears187 says: Apr 22, 2012 12:05 AM

Cute…First of all you can’t go 15-1 and 2-4 in the division cuz that’s what ur lookin at. Don’t see them beating the Bears or Pack this year…just like old times. They were lucky they even made the playoffs so thank Johnny Knox for botching that pass that got Cutler injured

97. Ram says: Apr 22, 2012 12:20 AM

Okay, I can see them going 15-1. I mean their only realistic loss will be in week 1 to my ALMIGHTY RAMS!!!!!!!!………… A man can dream can’t he? Even if those dreams are outlandish.

98. jeziyo247 says: Apr 22, 2012 12:26 AM

Yeah……….. Right!

99. staffordsyear says: Apr 22, 2012 12:32 AM

So whats the big deal?

100. staffordsyear says: Apr 22, 2012 12:38 AM

I might add the 99 rams,who in the hell picked them to win the super bowl? Nobody in this discussion!

101. icantadd says: Apr 22, 2012 1:05 AM

I remember my first beer…

102. blondebombr says: Apr 22, 2012 1:09 AM

Obsessive Lions fan here.

-Lions anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4, depending on how things fall NOT ONLY for them, but also Green Bay and Chicago.

-On that note, I see Chicago really regressing.

-Isn’t it funny how fans see such great hope in another man’s trash? Talking about Brandon Marshall, who was going to be cut.

-The talk of Marshall coming in a being like T.O. when he arrive in Philly kinda reminds me of all the positive vibes Bears fans were putting out there after they signed Chester Taylor and Brandon Mnsefrwjafeojnounaon.

-I see Chicago regressing big time. They’re defense is again another year older. The DLine and secondary are weakened.

-This I think really helps the Lions out.

-Id be very interested to hear from Packer fans: do you fear Chicago or Detroit more?

-Finally, regarding all the ‘you guys lucky we got hurt’ talk from Chicago; Detroit was still beating you when you got hurt. Also, our QB got hurt for 4 games with a finger on throwing hand and he was awful during that period (thanks Von Miller). But he toughed it out (like Cutler always does, incl. Championship games). If that doesn’t happen, you can add a W or 2 for us.

103. undraftedstar says: Apr 22, 2012 1:12 AM

Not with that secondary!

104. kappy32 says: Apr 22, 2012 1:22 AM

Lions fans are the NFC’s version of Jets fans. They don’t know how to handle limited success. Stafford had a great year, but he has not been able to stay healthy. They are one injury away from having a top 5 draft pick in 2013. Let’s not forget that the Lions have probably the worst secondary in the NFC, if not NFL. The Bucs had an impressive 2010 & Freeman seemed to have a break through year. One year later they have a top 5 draft pick. The Lions were one & done in the playoffs; we’re not talking about a team that went deep. They can just as easily finish 4-12 as they could 12-4. Lions fans need to wake up & realize this is the NFL before they take the title away from Jets fans as the dumbest, most delusional fanbase in the NFL.

105. kappy32 says: Apr 22, 2012 1:27 AM

chibears187 says:
    Apr 22, 2012 12:05 AM

——————

Dude, don’t get too hyped. Your Bears suck & are, at best, the 3rd best team in that division. The Lions, who I am not a fan of, are a better team than the Bears. I can see the Lions losing to the Pack both times, but definitely not the Bears. The Bears will be lucky to split the season series with them.

106. funktron2x says: Apr 22, 2012 1:37 AM

:-) I can’t wait to see Bears’ fans reactions to the Lions this year. It will be priceless. Because they’re nothing close to done, and improvement will continue.

107. hines86for6 says: Apr 22, 2012 1:50 AM

Can you blame them?

The Nashville Predators swept 2 games in Hockeytown and won in 5 games.

Their precious Red Wings are on the decline. The homer in us all can understand why their expectations for football season are do high.

108. truelionsfan says: Apr 22, 2012 1:51 AM

The poll was a game by game breakdown, votes for what the fans thought of each game. Not the way the report was made to sound like the fans all said we would go 15-1.

109. chrismgillis says: Apr 22, 2012 1:58 AM

chibears187 April 22, 2012, 12:05 AM EDT

that is a pathetic excuse for Cutlers injury. a wr botched pass leads to an injured qb? welcome to no offensive line. I’ve seen it pretty much my whole life. sincerely a lions fan. 11-5

110. truelionsfan says: Apr 22, 2012 2:15 AM

to all those haters who want to run their mouths, understand this our quarterback threw for 5,000 plus yards and 41 td’s and six of the games (our worst stretch of the season) our qb played with a broken index finger on his throwing hand. just for this season when he is healthy all year, and we have any semblance of a run game. oh and by the way our d was top 15 until we had no run game and the d wore down. GO LIONS 12-4.

111. truelionsfan says: Apr 22, 2012 2:18 AM

just wait for. sorry

112. dirtierwater says: Apr 22, 2012 4:10 AM

Appears to be a team high on individual talent but low on discipline and determination.

Best guess: 9-7

113. godcanfirealdavis says: Apr 22, 2012 6:26 AM

One wideout and no running back? Oh and packers and Chicago a couple times a year? B-Marshall reunited with cutler again?? Um no…. I’m gonna say 8-8 this year.

114. beeronthefridge says: Apr 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Lion fans need to lay off the pipe!

115. iluvbears says: Apr 22, 2012 9:04 AM

They will lose at least half of their division games, so that already puts them at four losses. I will guess 10-6 at best.

116. butkus54 says: Apr 22, 2012 9:08 AM

Really don’t know what they will wind up, but you have to love the Lions fans enthusiasm. It’s been a long time for us so please excuse of if we’re just a little excited about this team. Whatever the record … just get into the playoffs again … win a game and who knows what can happen from there … just ask the Giants.

117. jpaq68 says: Apr 22, 2012 10:56 AM

Bills fans think the same thing every year and you see how that’s been working out for them.

118. suhme says: Apr 22, 2012 5:05 PM

The Lions have become the League’s laughing stock because of stories just like this depicting their fans as goggly-eyed rejects who are just happy they finally made it to the party…reminds me of the Saints before their teeth were sharpened via “bounty-gate”.

Thanks Florio for sticking to a rotting plank in this year’s NFL party platform.

…10 wins without a Wild Card birth

119. metzgerf says: Apr 22, 2012 5:39 PM

I am a die hard Lions fan, but I am 85% sure that 15-1 is not going to happen. There are too many games that could be losses. Their schedule is not as tough as it was a couple years ago (or even last year, for that matter), but 15-1 is probably unrealistic.

120. chibears187 says: Apr 22, 2012 9:15 PM

Lions fans you have no running game no secondary and Calvin Johnson THAT’S IT!!! We EMBARASSED you the second game. Stafford was on the field. crying while he let Peanut Tillman run by him for a TD. The same aging defense manhandled you guys. You’re little run is over, it was cute to watch tho. And I was surprised Stafford aka Mr. Glass even made it through the whole year. Don’t see it happening again. @chrismgillis apparently you didn’t watch the game the pass was intercepted after a slip and Cutler made the tackle that broke the thumb AND @kappy32 really have nothin to say to you its all up above

121. magnusantonius says: Apr 22, 2012 10:28 PM

MDS you’re an idiot! Bears fans, let’s not forget that we were injured too! Best, Leshoure, fairley and at one point our entire secondary. We were pulling guys off the street (like that loser Harris) to play in the secondary. A good draft, a trade and a healthy team with a running game and the bears are toast. 11-5 this year!

122. bassguitar248 says: Apr 23, 2012 8:05 PM

Ok this is an absolute horrible article… Can no one actually read at pro football talk???? NO ONE SAID THE LIONS WILL GO 15-1, if you look into where they got this horrible information on, it is based off of this- that the game at green bay is the only game that the majority thought would lose at 73%.

So everyone probably had a realistic guess such as in the 8-13 win range, yet undecided on which games they would actually lose except the Green Bay Game, which obviously means that “lions fans” think we are going 15-1.

God damn Profootballtalk, I come here for news on football, not this garbage.

123. detroitlionsnfl says: Apr 24, 2012 11:42 AM

11-5 and a run to the Super Bowl… The division is too good to go 15-1 at this point, playoffs are what matter. GO DETROIT LIONS!!!!

124. nickynick04 says: Apr 28, 2012 9:31 AM