Brandon Meriweather arrested for drunk driving

Reuters

Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather was arrested early this morning for drunk driving, according to multiple reports out of Arlington, Virginia.

Meriweather was pulled over by Arlington County Police at 2:54 a.m., according to ARLnow.com. Officers smelled alcohol on his breath and performed a field sobriety test, which Meriweather failed. Meriweather told police he was driving home from a club but couldn’t remember the name of the club.

After refusing a breathalyzer, Meriweather was arrested and spent the night at Arlington County Detention Center. He has been released.

Meriweather signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Redskins last month. Last season he played 11 games for the Bears and started four. Prior to that he spent four seasons with the Patriots.

49 responses to “Brandon Meriweather arrested for drunk driving

1. Nice start to the season Meriweather. This guy is a joke. Can’t wait to pound the Skins this year. Ravens own I-95.

2. He fits in with that group losers in the capital.

But I feel bad for RG3 having to waste 4 or 5 years in that cesspool before winning anything..

3. Big Bang Clock – Pats fans know what I am talking about. Once again, BB knew when it was time to get rid of the trash.

4. Well……here we go again skins fans. Just when we start seeing the sun peek through that cloud, we get another storm front to ruin our day. Not surprised. Just par for the course for what us fans have had to deal with for over 15 years.

5. wow. what is it these dumb@ss deadskins fans always say? HAIL??? the only thing they have going for them is an unproven QB who they nearly mortgaged their future for. dont get me wrong I love RG3 but the skins are still finishing in the bottom of the NFC East again

6. Raven’s cant own I-95 idiot. you do realize I-95 extends from Miami all the way up to Boston. Stupid Ravens fan…can’t wait to see you…HTTR!

7. ravenator,

Gillette Stadium is at exit 9 off I 95 in Massachusetts. Think you meant to say Baltimore/Washington Parkway.

8. His agent ain’t that happy. You better believe Bruce Allen had him and his agent CAREFULLY read the conduct clause before signing the contract. His guaranteed money is now at the mercy of the Redskins and their draft fortunes. If a coveted safety falls in the draft, Meriweather will be looking for a new team. Didn’t he see how many safeties we signed in addition to him?!! SMH

9. I HATED this signing in the first place. Please just cut this dude. Its not worth the headache

10. cylondetector says:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:22 PM
    I think its fair to say that Bill Belichick seen THIS one coming…..

——————————————
    No, our coach seen it coming first – na,na,nah!!!

11. ravenator says: Apr 26, 2012 5:18 PM

———————————————–

I-95 goes through Foxboro. Sorry.

12. So let me get this straight. Dude makes six million dollars, and he couldn’t pay one of his friends, say $1,500 bucks to drive him around for the night or just call a cab to bring his dumb@$$ home… Wow!

13. ravenator says:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:18 PM

—-

Nope, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants own I-95, buddy.

14. phillychzstk2012 says:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:28 PM

————————————————————
    Philly fans…. What does it feel like to have never won a gd thing?? You see, Skins, Cowboys and Giants fans can recollect about 11 Lombardi Trophies. I’m sorry you are left out and have to sit at the kids table but please stop hating. Its not good for your soul.

15. cylondetector says:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:22 PM
    I think its fair to say that Bill Belichick seen THIS one coming…..
    —————–
    He didn’t. Otherwise he wouldn’t have wasted a first rounder on him.

16. This was a stupid signing if his contract is guaranteed without conduct clauses.Never the less we dont need this garbage.Draft a safety in the 4th and let him back up DeJon Gomes the kid showed he could play(being a 5th rd. rookie with no OTAs)and lets move on from these gun toting “gangsta” types

17.
    trollaikman8 says:
    Apr 26, 2012 6:57 PM
    @deathtoromo

You clearly haven’t been paying attention. The Eagles beat the Jets in last year’s pre-draft SB.
    ——————————————————
    My bad. Didn’t Eagles fans dog ( no pun intended ) the Skins about that too…. Some men you just can’t reach.

18. bobhk says: Apr 26, 2012 6:51 PM

cylondetector says:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:22 PM
    I think its fair to say that Bill Belichick seen THIS one coming…..
    —————–
    He didn’t. Otherwise he wouldn’t have wasted a first rounder on him.

Yep, bad pick but if Bill didn’t see it coming at least he saw it for what it was when it arrived

19. All NFL players have a 800 number to call if they are drunk. Someone will come and take you home and also drive your car home.

Now how stupid is a NFL player’s DUI???

20. “Hey, Brandon! Call me. I know a good lawyer in the area. Holler back – Albert Haynesworth”

21. not what you want to see; however, it is just a DUI and lots of folks get them….20 years ago the cops would have given you a ride home. But Meriweather really needs to clean up his act and Shanahan needs to put him on a short leash.