Claiborne says he completed only 15-to-18 Wonderlic questions

Morris+Claiborne+LSU+v+West+Virginia+eLKlsangZVol Getty Images

One of the more surprising stores in advance of the draft related to the score generated by cornerback Morris Claiborne on the Wonderlic.  He scored only a four, and after being selected by the Cowboys with the sixth pick in the draft, he spoke about the test.

“That test don’t tell me who I am and what [type] of guy I am and what kind of ability I have,” Claiborne told SiriusXM NFL Radio, via USA Today.  “That test can’t drop me.”

In the end, it didn’t.  And when he was still on the board at No. 6, the Cowboys sprang up to get him.

“They say it’s an IQ test,” Claiborne added.  “I came to the Combine for football.  I looked at the test, and wasn’t any questions about football.  I didn’t see no point in the test.  I’m not in school anymore.  I didn’t complete it.  I only finished 15 or 18 questions.”

Claiborne’s attitude toward the test underscores the role of agent Bus Cook in the outcome.  It was Cook’s job to prepare Claiborne for everything he encountered at the Combine, and to get Claiborne ready for all aspects of the process — including the Wonderlic test.

By all appearances, Cook didn’t even tell Claiborne that he’d be taking any test that didn’t involve peeing.

Permalink 170 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
170 Responses to “Claiborne says he completed only 15-to-18 Wonderlic questions”
  1. realnflmaster says: Apr 27, 2012 12:51 AM

This kid is an idiot.

2. txtuff says: Apr 27, 2012 12:51 AM

Sounds like a total fool, now I understand why the Girls moved up to draft him.

3. lilmandude13 says: Apr 27, 2012 12:51 AM

“I didnt see no point in that game” Claiborne said as the cowboys lost 28-7 on sunday night. “We arent in the hunt for the playoffs no more. I dont need to play”

4. sod61 says: Apr 27, 2012 12:51 AM

if it was multiple choice, he could have marked A for all of his answers and got a 4.

5. tommccrossin says: Apr 27, 2012 12:51 AM

I’d work on that grammar buddy, you’re not going to be playing football for the rest of your life.

6. 69jaredallen69 says: Apr 27, 2012 12:52 AM

7. christinamer says: Apr 27, 2012 12:53 AM

*headdesk*

8. nyyjetsknicks says: Apr 27, 2012 12:53 AM

“That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am and what kind of ability I have,” Claiborne told SiriusXM NFL Radio, via USA Today.  “That test can’t drop me.”

“They say it’s an IQ test,” Griffin added.  “I came to the Combine for football.  I looked at the test, and wasn’t any questions about football.  I didn’t see no point in the test.  I’m not in school anymore.  I didn’t complete it.  I only finished 15 or 18 questions.”

_______________________

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he wasn’t an English major.

9. thejabronisayz says: Apr 27, 2012 12:53 AM

So the best case scenario is that he got 4 out of 15 questions right. Add that to his persistent use of the double negative, and i’d say the Cowboys found themselves a real winner.

10. Rex Grossman says: Apr 27, 2012 12:54 AM

He has a valid point.

11. donteatyourwords says: Apr 27, 2012 12:54 AM

I didn’t see no point in the article

12. redguy12588 says: Apr 27, 2012 12:55 AM

This guy is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

13. skinsgame says: Apr 27, 2012 12:56 AM

“I looked at the test, and wasn’t any questions about football.  I didn’t see no point in the test.  I’m not in school anymore.  I didn’t complete it.  I only finished 15 or 18 questions.”

Wow. What a winner. I hope the Cowgals draft another 10 idiots just like him.

14. brtdud7 says: Apr 27, 2012 12:57 AM

That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am. I didn’t see no point in the test.

There you go fellas. Tell your children when they are young that in this world, people who speak like this get paid millions and millions of dollars to play a game, while schoolteachers live paycheck to paycheck.

15. toiletking says: Apr 27, 2012 12:57 AM

Oh my….

16. mrksams says: Apr 27, 2012 12:58 AM

Sounds like a real class act!
    Should fit in well in Dallas!

17. vincentbojackson says: Apr 27, 2012 12:59 AM

My 4 year old is embarrassed by this dude’s grammar.

Have fun with this genius Cowboy fan!

18. edhochuli says: Apr 27, 2012 1:00 AM

Who cares. If he’s drafted by any team other than Dallas, you don’t even publish this story.

19. thexev says: Apr 27, 2012 1:01 AM

What time of guy? What is this? “All your base”?

Its true though, just because your speech isn’t perfect, doesn’t mean you aren’t a great ball player.

20. dobberdubinsky says: Apr 27, 2012 1:01 AM

Let’s be honest here, he can’t even count the number of questions he answered

21. gbiscottagecheesefatties says: Apr 27, 2012 1:01 AM

Everything in quotes above is almost depressing to read.

I have a feeling Claiborne will be broke and in headlines around 2025

22. matthewcarlson1 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:02 AM

Great attitude buddy… I think they’d rather you be dumb than lazy.

23. robolundgren says: Apr 27, 2012 1:03 AM

I just don’t think it really matters if it isn’t a QB. CB is such an instinct driven position and he clearly has “it”. What a grab by the Cowboys. CB from weakness to strength in one offseason.

24. discosucs2005 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:03 AM

This makes his 4 a little less god-awful sounding. Answering 25% of your questions right isn’t so bad. Still failing. But not as bad.

25. shrimper59 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:03 AM

Not a good start when you are talking smack
    about a test you scored a 4 on. Very few
    15 yr. olds would score that low. If he had
    scored well this would have never come up.
    But since the world now knows he is not very
    bright he is now bashing the test.

26. ctiggs says: Apr 27, 2012 1:04 AM

he probably should enroll back in school, getting 4 right out of 15 to 18 means he got either a 22 percent to a 26 percent on his test which both are horrible. Not knowing/ not caring about the test is just as ignorant as the score. Yea the test may not pertain to football , but this is a job interview you do what you have to do. With that being said, he still got drafted in the top 10 so it doesnt matter.

27. trbowman says: Apr 27, 2012 1:04 AM

“By all appearances, Cook didn’t even tell Claiborne that he’d be taking a test of any kind at the Scouting Combine”

He probably did, kid just sounds like a knucklehead.

Still, that test has no bearing on his football ability. He’ll be a great pro.

28. blacknole08 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:06 AM

The wonderlic is outdated and pointless anyways. Claiborne also has a learning disorder and probably zoned out or stopped caring 15 questions into the test. And whoever leaked his score to the media really needs to reassess what a news story really is.

Now let the man have his moment.

29. raiderdave says: Apr 27, 2012 1:06 AM

These quotes don’t do Claiborne any favors in the perception of his intelligence, but all that matters is if the kid can play. He has proved at LSU that he can, and if he can prove to the Cowboys and to the NFL that he can, then nobody will remember anything about the results of the Wonderlic. Perfomance silences all critics, and he has a great opportunity to do so and quickly.

Nibb High Football rules!

30. croghan1919 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:07 AM

YIKES!!!

31. blahblah1000 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:08 AM

Why even answer 1 question?

32. ch53es4 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:10 AM

Whoever wrote this article is completely drunk and should be checking typos or it’s completely plausible that Claiborne scored a 4 based on his grammar in just a few sentences here. Glad he wears a helmet but he may not even need one. He’s barely a functional human being with how retarded he sounds.

33. bamboozle99 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:12 AM

That’s a terrible error, Griffin added what???

34. wadinmypants says: Apr 27, 2012 1:12 AM

ROTFFLMAO!! What a freaking tard! This guy will have some good quotes coming outta his piehole this upcoming season. What else is the dunce going to say? Can’t wait!

Ha ha, Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis! How bout dem Cowboys?

35. seanx40 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:12 AM

So Claiborne is even more stupid than we thought? He couldn’t even finish the test? Or is he just lazy and arrogant?

36. tedmurph says: Apr 27, 2012 1:13 AM

So he got 11-14 wrong.

37. starks3 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:14 AM

Sounds like a Jerry’s kid to me

38. cowhawkfan says: Apr 27, 2012 1:14 AM

Reading the quote, he sounds uneducated. Another Shante Carver?

39. jnl8400 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:15 AM

“That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am and what kind of ability I have,” Claiborne told SiriusXM NFL Radio, via USA Today. “That test can’t drop me.”

Wow.

40. dlr4skins says: Apr 27, 2012 1:15 AM

Good luck with all of that Cowboy fans. Wonder who Moe would have chosen with that second pick, I would hope an interputer.

41. jgrange08 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:17 AM

His quotes were difficult to read…like painful.

42. patfic15 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:17 AM

Hopefully someone don’t got nobody to help him with the business decisions.

43. sportmentary says: Apr 27, 2012 1:17 AM

Who cares about the Wondercrap score. He’s not applying to be a rocket scientist for crying out loud.

44. mataug says: Apr 27, 2012 1:18 AM

Looks like a rookie just p*ssed on the NFL’s vaunted Wonderlic exam.

45. sports_dude says: Apr 27, 2012 1:18 AM

This is old news now. Funny story then, but lets move on.

46. vcstriker16 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:20 AM

That’s right, PFT, it’s someone else’s fault. Overlook the fact that he admits he he wanted no part in the test and just walked out.

You guys kept suggesting he had a learning disability. Turns it out it was laziness.

47. jmizzal says: Apr 27, 2012 1:21 AM

Deion Sanders didnt even take the test he told the teams he wasnt gonna be there when they picked anyways.

48. jayquintana says: Apr 27, 2012 1:22 AM

“By all appearances, Cook didn’t even tell Claiborne that he’d be taking a test of any kind at the Scouting Combine.”

Find this really hard to believe. Even if he didn’t, who doesn’t know about the Wonderlic?

I think a valuable lesson was learned by all, though, if you think you’re going to score low, don’t take the test — especially if you’re playing a position where the Wonderlic score is pretty irrelevant.

49. nineroutsider says: Apr 27, 2012 1:23 AM

Cook could have done better for sure, but he did get drafted near where he was slotted on most boards. I’d say that test didn’t matter too much. Then again, we won’t know until fall Sundays roll around…

50. redrifle14 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:23 AM

Claiborne is talented but dumber then a nail. The Bills and Bengals got the 2 best CB’s in the draft by far.

51. fullhouseofcards says: Apr 27, 2012 1:24 AM

Apparently the majority of the questions on the test were grammar questions.

52. waitingguilty says: Apr 27, 2012 1:29 AM

@CH53cs4….

“Your ideas are intriguing to me….do you have a newsletter that I can sign up for?”

53. dlr4skins says: Apr 27, 2012 1:30 AM

sports_dude says:Apr 27, 2012 1:18 AM

This is old news now. Funny story then, but lets move on.
    **********************************************

No, funny it is not. More like watching a tradgic, fiery elementary school bus crash.

They might have to put the radio in his ear to make his knowledge equivalent to my first grade daughter’s.

54. cannonballdookie says: Apr 27, 2012 1:32 AM

Oh no, he’s going to be a bust because he blew off a stupid test. Some people will nitpick at anything looking for an excuse for someone to fail, but this guy is a great football player and going to a successful team like Dallas should make things easier than a dump like St Louis or Minnesota.

Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

55. 4oledc says: Apr 27, 2012 1:32 AM

If this guy was quoted correctly, I truly think that 4 was a steal…

56. CKL says: Apr 27, 2012 1:33 AM

I am not a Bus Cook fan, but maybe he did prepare Claiborne and Claiborne just made his own decision to tank the test.

57. dlr4skins says: Apr 27, 2012 1:33 AM

He also says wonders about the SEC and its quality academic programs!!!!!!!!!

How did he make through a college class let alone junior high???????????

58. momentumtech says: Apr 27, 2012 1:42 AM

No wonder he was switched over to defense at LSU. Probably couldnt learn the playbook.

59. kevpft says: Apr 27, 2012 1:48 AM

Hey smart guys, who’s about to become a millionaire?

60. gobills716 says: Apr 27, 2012 1:51 AM

The test score alone doesn’t say he’s an idiot. His quotation says it all….“That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am and what kind of ability I have. That test can’t drop me.”

61. gooftroopers says: Apr 27, 2012 1:51 AM

So glad it was just a smokescreen and the vikings didn’t pick this kid. I have small children with a better sense of grammar than this “college” student.

62. blue22ro says: Apr 27, 2012 1:51 AM

First of all, he has a learning disorder. Second, I don’t think that bump’n’run coverage has anything to do with simple math problems

63. feck12a says: Apr 27, 2012 1:51 AM

it may take him his whole rookie season to figure out his locker combination…

64. TSizzleBallSoHard says: Apr 27, 2012 1:52 AM

He sounds like Randy Moss lol. Straight cash homie.

65. moelester says: Apr 27, 2012 1:55 AM

seriously though.. even 4 out of 15 is a 27%…LSU should be ashamed of themselves and should not be a credited educational institution.

66. goodlookingmonkey says: Apr 27, 2012 1:57 AM

This is your typical dumbass kid who got scared of a test, realized hes not a smart person, and walked away trying to look big and tough. If he gave up on a simple 50 question test, what makes you think he wont give up when the score is 21 to nothing? When he was at LSU he’s use to winning and they had a great defense to put him in the right situations. But now its time to grow up and play with the big boys and this punk looks like hell take his ball and go home. Guaranteed hell quit on his new teammates.

67. redbullenergydrink says: Apr 27, 2012 1:59 AM

Ok, enough hating on the guy. We all know he can play CB and that’s all that matters. Sure, you could probably score much higher than him on the Wonderlic but hey, he’s the one who’s going to be making millions. Last laugh is his.

68. doctorfootball says: Apr 27, 2012 2:00 AM

I watched this kid play his whole career. I still don’t see any similarities between him and Revis, like all the “experts” talk about. Bold move by Dallas to trade up for him. But they didn’t get a shut down corner, merely a talented one.

69. duncanthecat says: Apr 27, 2012 2:00 AM

Shame on the agent and the university.

70. bobhk says: Apr 27, 2012 2:01 AM

This guy is going to be sharp as a marble. Fit right in that awesome Dallas franchise (sarcasm mode).

71. tommccrossin says: Apr 27, 2012 2:08 AM

I’d say it looks like Dez Bryant just made a friend.

72. babyhorsemorgan says: Apr 27, 2012 2:09 AM

Luckily there were a bunch of football questions on Griffin’s test, so he did substantially better than Claiborne.

73. channingtaintum says: Apr 27, 2012 2:09 AM

Mo and Dez Bryant on the same team, practicing against each other, becoming friends, hanging out together, ohhhhh I can just see the future headlines…

74. teague31 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:12 AM

Haters gonna hate.

75. larrybrown43 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:14 AM

WOW!!! This guy proves the Wonderlic to be spot on. And do you have any plans after your football career is over Mr. Claiborne?

76. stanzona says: Apr 27, 2012 2:16 AM

He sounds like a very intelligent young man. His post-game sound bites should be simply terrific. JJ has struck again. How bout them Cowboys!

77. romosrevenge says: Apr 27, 2012 2:18 AM

Another year of Cowboy hate by PFT. How sad.
    FYI-Claiborne won the Jim Thorpe this year and universally considered the Best Defensive Player in the …ENTIRE draft. And he won’t be answering Wonderlic questions as he racks up multiple best defensive player of the week awards as the season progresses. But you’ll have to read about that on a different site.

78. wetpaperbag3 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:21 AM

Claiborne WAS documented with a learning disability. Something that that USA Today article failed to mention as it was discussed during this Sirius NFL Radio interview.

But if you actually LISTENED to his interview, he came across as a VERY humble country guy, who is doing this all for his 2 year old son (to give him a better life as he said during this interview) and the level of genuine emotion, hurt, and pride that he couldn’t hold in any longer made me a believer in him despite him not playing for my team.

HEARING the actual interview vs printed snipets would make you realize that this is a very special young man.

79. channingtaintum says: Apr 27, 2012 2:23 AM

Just listened to the interview, besides laughing at him calling the Cowboys “American Team” as well as butchering much of the English language, there was a nice little nugget that should NOT have been overlooked.

Interviewer: So Mo, how much did you talk to the Cowboys leading up to the draft?

Mo: Not at All!

Hahahahaha, Jerrah saw a shiny sports car, but didn’t even bother to see if there was an engine under the hood.

80. footballfanman says: Apr 27, 2012 2:29 AM

Wow, i’m glad my team got a guy like RG3 instead of a dunce cap like Claiborne.

81. spytdi says: Apr 27, 2012 2:32 AM

I would give money to see Lawrence Taylor and Bob Hayes take the wonderlic and write an essay.

Who cares guys? He’s not on the street selling or killing anyone. Let’s give the kid the benefit of the doubt. He used an institution of Higher Learning to get what he wanted.

82. dirtydavid4 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:33 AM

This guy sounds like he probably had trouble passing his basket weaving classes that he took while at LSU wonder how many classes he even attended while enrolled there.

83. halo81 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:33 AM

The fact that he “didn’t care” is actually more troubling than his low score.

I can understand and empathize with a low score. Guys get nervous, have a learning disability, whatever. These things happen. It’s really not a concern to me unless you’re playing QB or S at the next level.

Now, to come out and say you just didn’t care or finish the test? That’s unprofessional, irresponsible, shows a lack of character and a lack of dedication to your trade.

He honestly sat down at one part of his job interview — one that will pay him millions — and essentially said “F it”.

Extremely talented cornerback, but if I were a Cowboys fan this would definitely put worry in me. I’d rather him be bad at testing, have a learning disability or frankly stupid than just say he didn’t give a crap.

As far as how he speaks, not a surprise. Many kids from the South speak like that and I’m not being derogatory.

I’ve talked to very well educated and successful guys who still talk somewhat like that. Just regional.

84. lawrinson20 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:33 AM

Sad. But, it’s more of an indictment on every school that passed him. I don’t know how a person matriculates through elementary school with such poor grammar skills.

Then, there’s the idea that this moron will be making more money at age 22 than i will at 44. Sad again.

85. rickc402 says: Apr 27, 2012 2:34 AM

Sorry, I’m not buying it….if he is telling the truth then he has a MAJOR attitude problem; however, from the look in his eyes at the draft he is either crazy or dumb. Pairing him with Dez Bryant, they have a total score of 10 on the Wonderlic.

86. homerpimpson says: Apr 27, 2012 2:34 AM

Heard a post-draft interview with him on a Dallas sports radio station. I feared the worst after hearing these stories about his score (AKA another Dez, who really is a block head), but the kid was actually really well-spoken. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

87. folkcrusader says: Apr 27, 2012 2:36 AM

Further proof even ego can’t overcome a serious learning disability. I’m sure that type of learning isn’t needed in playing DB for the Cowboys but what if you want to read like Curious George to your kids?

88. 49ersgiants4life says: Apr 27, 2012 2:51 AM

He isn’t getting paid for his education he is getting paid for his athletic ability so who cares

89. JustinD says: Apr 27, 2012 2:54 AM

I can’t believe I just read this. Ignoring the grammar issue entirely, how incredibly stupid is it to act this arrogant the night before the draft? I’m glad my team was smart enough to try to trade up for Gilmore, Jerry can have this clown. I would of had Jenkins on my board ahead of him after seeing this.

90. dabearsk says: Apr 27, 2012 3:21 AM

While the quotes were certainly painful to read and from previous reports it sounded like the kid has big problems reading, but I saw him interviewed on the NFL Network and what he said was very moving…seemed like a very nice kid..not a Cowboy fan at all, but I think I’ll follow the kid’s career…

But he does need to get a tutor though so at least he can read his phat contract…

And how in the world does he make through 3 years of classes at LSU ? Gees.. do those guys care at all about these kids after they use up their eligibility?

91. stevebozeman says: Apr 27, 2012 3:22 AM

Jerry just mugged the Rams out of the best corner since Deion. Haters just keep hating. You guys are the retards.

92. tramonisland says: Apr 27, 2012 3:37 AM

i have a feeling bus cook is around the same level.

93. lumas101 says: Apr 27, 2012 3:58 AM

So he’s not stupid, he’s a quitter? Awesome.

94. kxlllxst says: Apr 27, 2012 4:29 AM

This article is good bc it sheds light on the agent’s misstep — thumbs up, different angle

95. rasalghoul says: Apr 27, 2012 5:17 AM

So what time of guy is he anyway?

96. hillzmickelzon says: Apr 27, 2012 5:19 AM

You guys making comments are undercover cowboy hatrers and i can’t lie he has a point I doubt any of you guys complaining about his grammar could learn one p age of LSU defensive playbook its a lot more than Madden plays guys..Check out the tape and how’s this for grammar The tape don’t lie & I can bet he will not be the last top ranked player to put the (pen) down and keep it about football.. I sense so much hostility with the functional human being comments and the jerrys kid comments I will give you two years & I guarantee you could not learn half of LSU defensive playbook.. I’m actually shocked he is cowboy I guess that test couldnt drop my boy..

97. hillzmickelzon says: Apr 27, 2012 5:21 AM

You guys making comments are undercover cowboy haters and i can’t lie he has a point I doubt any of you guys complaining about his grammar could learn one p age of LSU defensive playbook its a lot more than Madden plays guys..Check out the tape and how’s this for grammar The tape don’t lie & I can bet he will not be the last top ranked player to put the (pen) down and keep it about football.. I sense so much hostility with the functional human being comments and the jerrys kid comments I will give you two years & I guarantee you could not learn half of LSU defensive playbook.. I’m actually shocked he is cowboy I guess that test couldnt drop my boy..

98. evomike06 says: Apr 27, 2012 5:25 AM

With an attitude like that..this guy has bust written all over him. Leave it up to the cowboys to chose this ghetto guy that will quit as soon as he signs his contract. Thats why dallas sucks every year, they have a bunch of over hyped divas on the team that are me first and not team first.

99. tv426 says: Apr 27, 2012 5:38 AM

Just the latest example of why most football players should never, ever speak.

100. joy7283 says: Apr 27, 2012 5:58 AM

Claiborne is a gold played 100% imbecile. Lucky he can play football or he would be flat out getting a job as a shelf stacker at Walmart. Can’t count, can’t put a sentence together. Just let him play and never ever let us hear from this idiot again. Wonder how many crayons he used in his 15-18 questions.

101. sudz28 says: Apr 27, 2012 6:16 AM

“I didn’t see no point in the test.”

I think we can all see now why he did so poorly on the test. What an attitude this moron has, I hope he’s a one-and-done in the league and can spend the rest of his life reflecting upon his crappy decisions.

102. go9ers says: Apr 27, 2012 6:39 AM

He should feel right at home with the Cowboys.

103. davidcl77 says: Apr 27, 2012 6:41 AM

This kid is in the same category as Demaryus Thomas. “I won’t getting no balls.”

104. jcg23 says: Apr 27, 2012 6:42 AM

Emmit Smith, still can’t complete a sentence, but owns the the all time rushing record and won 3 Superbowls.

Stop making fun of the guy to make yourself feel better about your team not picking him. The only problem this guy has, is asshat’s like the lot of you trying to tear down his dreams.

105. theandy59 says: Apr 27, 2012 6:42 AM

I know it shouldn’t, but it still amazes me that a young man who attended a major university could be so incapable of speaking even remotely proper English. He might be a great football player, but he should also be an embarrassment to any LSU graduate.

106. bangitfootball says: Apr 27, 2012 6:49 AM

Maybe he cant spell cat without being spotted the c and the t but hell be shutting down recievers for years in Cowboyland.

107. blackqbwhiterb says: Apr 27, 2012 6:56 AM

That’s a modern-day college educated American….proof that in today’s world, the bachelor’s degree means far less than it used to…

108. beamncoke says: Apr 27, 2012 7:05 AM

It’s a timed test, most people don’t get through the whole thing.

109. qdog112 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:06 AM

Well, the test served its purpose. It kept the stereotype alive and proved that as long as it embarrasses somebody – it worked. Other than that, Claiborne is right. #6 in the draft with a test score of 4. Give 11 of them. All that means is multiple All Pros and probably HOF consideration. Wonderlic THIS!!!

110. bearsfanohio says: Apr 27, 2012 7:09 AM

This is exactly why the test scores should not be leaked. A bunch of douchenozzles who think they know everything can now rip on this kid who has a documented learning disability for a test that means nothing when playing cornerback. Even Gil Brandt, one of the guys who helped invent the test, regrets it’s use and thinks it doesn’t mean much in today’s nfl world. Claiborne is way better at his job than any if you are. How many of you can pass the bar exam? Does that make you a bad pizza delivery boy? Didn’t think so.

111. metalhead65 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:11 AM

at least he was honest about it and did not try and make excuses for it and demand a retest and he is right. he is a football player and a test is not going to tell him how good he will be at that. I work in a factory running a machine for 20 years and they had us take a test that featured a video of a woman sewing buttons and then shown another and asked what she did different than the first. what the hell does that have to do with the machine I run? not a boys fan by the way just happen to agree with his view on the test.

112. ndrocks2 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:12 AM

Les Miles is smiling “that’s my boy!!!” Make LSU proud…

113. awm7353 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:15 AM

Anyone that thinks that scoring this low on a Wonderlic is missing a point…he was in college. How did he make it in college when he is this stupid? It shows that the NCAA is NOT doing what they claim, holding schools and athletes accountable for their academic scores. If he had to pass a college entrance exam, how??? I mean, English majors would cringe reading or hearing those quotes. “That test don’t tell me…” In other words, “That test do not tell me…” (don’t is short for do not, for those of you scoring 4 or less on a Wonderlic).”…and wasn’t any questions about football.” In other words, “…and (there) was not any questions about football.” Ok, you get the point. If not, you will score less than he.

114. neauxgeaux44 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:23 AM

While Mo is making millions in the NFL, you will be using perfect grammar and posting on PFT before you start your shift at Walmart….last laugh is on who?

115. awm7353 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:28 AM

Garrett and Jones have all of qualities that they look for in a player, such as hard worker and team player. Intelligence is obviously not what they look for.

116. awm7353 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:33 AM

People with learning disabilities don’t make it into a major university without someone looking the other way.

117. tampafan24 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:39 AM

Love the so called “Experts” who are blasting the Bucs for trading back and “Missing” out on this guy! Have fun in Dallas Claiborne…we will take football players who understand what it takes to be a pro.

118. burgundyandgold says: Apr 27, 2012 7:39 AM

Perfect Cowboy player for sure.

119. starfan79 says: Apr 27, 2012 7:44 AM

Dallas has Sean Lee if they need someone to pass a test on defense… They needed a good football player and got it in this kid. Idiot, maybe.. But this secondary just got a whole lot better

120. theytukrjobs says: Apr 27, 2012 7:45 AM

I heard this guy has an actual learning disability. Is that true? And if so, does that mean we shouldn’t make fun of how dumb this guy seems?

How was he even passing classes?

121. supergruby says: Apr 27, 2012 7:46 AM

Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.

122. pskotte says: Apr 27, 2012 7:46 AM

He’s only playing football, not designing jet engines. Just how smart do you need to be, and who cares anyway? Hope he does well.

123. bearsfanohio says: Apr 27, 2012 7:47 AM

Yes, because good grammar makes you a good cornerback. Slang and colloquialisms are a part of everyone’s life. Get over it. Good for you if you use perfect grammar. We are all very proud. You want to impress me? Shut down DeSean Jackson.

124. kacapaco says: Apr 27, 2012 8:01 AM

Classic. Not only the score but also his argument proves his IQ is in the lower 10th percentile.

125. legacybroken says: Apr 27, 2012 8:04 AM

If I was Dallas, I would be worried that my Bucs who have Ron Cooper(LSU’s DB coach last year) on their staff, did not want Claiborne.

126. pdkknelson says: Apr 27, 2012 8:13 AM

At least he will have his degree as a backup if he gets a career ending injury.

127. mymanmccoy says: Apr 27, 2012 8:17 AM

Wow, between him and dez bryant, the cowboys are drafting class A d’bags. Wait till this idiot gets his first pay check and he’s gonna be making it rain with his homies in a first class strip club. Hey claibong, wait till you get yo goad teef and some rims before ya ridin on the screet actin bad. How’s that for some grammar wonderlic dipstick?

128. pdkknelson says: Apr 27, 2012 8:19 AM

Let’s hope his financial literacy skills are stronger. However, I estimate he will blow through $15-18 million and ends up $4 someday.

129. damagecontroller says: Apr 27, 2012 8:32 AM

Vince Young did horrible on his test & he’s doing great in the NFL, right…?

130. markdamack says: Apr 27, 2012 8:41 AM

damagecontroller says:
    Apr 27, 2012 8:32 AM
    Vince Young did horrible on his test & he’s doing great in the NFL, right…?

————————————————–

So did Dan Marino.

The hate is strong here. The Cowboys to the number 1 defensive player in the draft. Not many pro athletes are english scholars.

Also, if you would actually take the time to listen to the interview, you can plainly here he has a very….almost somber..tone in his voice when talking about it. As if he regrets not taking it seriously because of how it affects his image…like he knows he messed up, but he was still right about what he originaly said.

131. damagecontroller says: Apr 27, 2012 8:51 AM

I think you meant they took…& as far as hate, I’m a huge Cowboys & UT fan…VY won ROY so I know the test obviously doesn’t translate to on field production…It was sarcasm…Obviously…

132. phillyphunk says: Apr 27, 2012 9:32 AM

does anyone REALLY believe he only answered 15 questions?? His people have had a few weeks to come up with an excuse as to why he only got a 4.

I believe he answered all questions and is just plain DUMB. (however, he made more money in one night than i will in my life, so i guess he has the last laugh)

133. linedrivehit says: Apr 27, 2012 9:34 AM

@nyyjetsknicks:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that he will earn more money in a few years than you do ina lifetime.

134. linedrivehit says: Apr 27, 2012 9:36 AM

69jaredallen69 says

“If I was LSU I would not use the quote in the title to pitch the school to prospective students”

———-
    Yeah, because what college football player wants to get drafted in the first round of the NFL and make millions of dollars? NOBODY would want to follow in HIS footsteps!

135. outlawjerseywhales says: Apr 27, 2012 9:40 AM

“I’m not in school anymore.”
    ————————————————–
    As if he ever was.

136. 00reo says: Apr 27, 2012 9:49 AM

Cook was also VY’s agent at the time actually iirc or at least he was advising VY’s uncle or whoever his actual agent was.

137. mojosmagic says: Apr 27, 2012 9:50 AM

Should have a bright future with NFL Network.

138. cardiovascularendurance says: Apr 27, 2012 9:53 AM

That test may not be able to drop you, but DeSean Jackson (who you make look like a Rhodes Scholar) can.

139. grbigblue says: Apr 27, 2012 10:01 AM

I can’t wait to watch Cruz and Nicks torch this fool.

140. bwayno says: Apr 27, 2012 10:05 AM

Word is the dude majored in Kinesiology. Go look it up.

They guy isn’t even a cowboy for 24 hours yet and everybody is already trashing him. Claiborne and the Cowboys will get the last laugh on this one, suckers!!

141. tundey says: Apr 27, 2012 10:12 AM

I don’t care about his test score but his attitude towards the test itself speaks volume. So if he doesn’t see any point in OTAs, he won’t attend? Besides, this is a multiple choice test we are talking about. Even if you don’t know the answers, guessing randomly is better than completing just 15 out of 60.

142. bucfandango says: Apr 27, 2012 10:24 AM

Wow, its a really good thing they didn’t give him a hard test like stacking Lego blocks.

The best CB in the draft went to Tampa and he actually plays safety.

Jerry Mathers jumped up to get the player everyone said Tampa wanted and ended up smoofing himself.

The only people that say Brains aren’t a necessity are those without them.

143. realityonetwo says: Apr 27, 2012 10:39 AM

After 15 questions he knew he was in over his head, so he took the rest of the day off. Just like he did at halftime of the national championship game… And just like he will to in the NFL when one little thing goes wrong.

144. tinbender2000 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:47 AM

After taking a Baseline test the only way this kid gets pulled for concussion like symptoms is if he stops breathing.

145. feomax says: Apr 27, 2012 11:12 AM

Reading the comments posted here in reference to his grammar ..simply amaze me. Many are passing judgement on this player because of his inability to speak as you would have him do. I remember a player that could not say a sentence without butchering it to death. All this man did in his carreer was become the NFL’s All Time Rushing Record Holder. So, let the guy play ..and while you are at it ..listen to the MULTITUDE of players that chop the english language to pieces..Not just NFL ,but all sports… are they ALL stupid?

146. swagger52 says: Apr 27, 2012 11:38 AM

Obamadinajad does just fine ….just stick him behind teleprompter

147. spasticpickle says: Apr 27, 2012 12:59 PM

“I get straights As, I’m an athlete.”
    –In what subject?
    “There’s only one subject, it’s football.”

Morris Claiborne’s “academic career” at LSU

148. max20characters says: Apr 27, 2012 2:20 PM

Lets be real, if he was drafted by ANY other team than the Cowboys this article would’t even exist.
    Just a shot at the Cowboys and their haters.

#GoBoys!

149. jackericsson says: Apr 27, 2012 2:27 PM

A great example of an LSU education!

150. 8thave says: Apr 27, 2012 3:40 PM

It will be interesting to see which receiver playing this guy torches him by holding up his towel (the ones they tuck in their pants) just before a play that says on the back “Can you read this?” Then he’s gone.

151. bcgreg says: Apr 27, 2012 3:46 PM

@ brtdud7

The teachers live paycheck to paycheck because the allow idiots like Claiborne to move on to the next grade without teaching him anything.

152. bagadeez04 says: Apr 27, 2012 3:58 PM

This kid went to college?!?! WOW!

153. covercorner says: Apr 27, 2012 3:59 PM

He averaged a “C” or better in all of his classes. B.S.!

154. tonyromoisterrible says: Apr 27, 2012 4:37 PM

Typical cowgirls player. I would be pissed if I were a cowgirl fan, and thankfully I am not. It not only shows he is a quitter, but he is too dumb to not quit and then runs his mouth about it. Another sub .500 season for the girls is upon us. I hope they move that sorry franchise away from texas. What a terrible state.

155. drexelvol says: Apr 27, 2012 5:04 PM

Based on his command of the English language, did he ever go to school?

156. bigdogwes says: Apr 27, 2012 5:15 PM

I see how important it is to have a top wonderlic score. It will help you tremendously on the football field. Heck, we all remember how much it helped Ryan Leaf (he scored higher than Peyton Manning) become a Hall of Fame (shame) player.

So what if he can’t speak or write proper English. Its overrated anyway. I spent years working on my english skills only because I had no other million dollar marketable skills. If I had, I would have skipped the crap. The kid will make more at signing than I make in ten years.

And he can’t even talk straight!

Go Clairborne!

157. slomax10 says: Apr 27, 2012 6:09 PM

Wow!! Well at least if his football career doesn’t pan out he can always work as a PFT staff writer!!

158. justasecond1 says: Apr 27, 2012 6:48 PM

If any other team had drafted this kid, this story would not have been written.

On the other hand, one would think 3 or 4 years in a college environment and something would have sunk in.

159. tweeter75 says: Apr 27, 2012 8:19 PM

C’mon now….who’s he kidding?? We all know he can’t count to 15.

160. Deb says: Apr 27, 2012 10:04 PM

The fans at the draft don’t look like Einsteins, either. At least Claiborne is one heckuva corner. I’d rather watch him do his thing than watch a bunch of drunken, face-painted idiots screaming at the camera and pointing at their jerseys. Yeah, the tax money spent on their educations was well-spent :roll:

161. gopack12009 says: Apr 28, 2012 1:37 AM

Texas Gov. Rick Perry loved this pick because now he’s no longer the dumbest person in Texas

162. godzilla111111 says: Apr 28, 2012 7:18 AM

blue22ro says:
    Apr 27, 2012 1:51 AM

————————————————

Learning disorder is a libtard term for “stupid”.
    Life isn’t fair-stop pretending it is.

163. tluke25 says: Apr 28, 2012 7:58 PM

I don’t know what’s worse. The fact that he only scored a 4, or the fact that he was too LAZY to finish it. … Or maybe the fact that he’s not a foreigner and yet he says “I don’t see no …”.

Good pick, Cowboys.

164. itsmammoth says: Apr 28, 2012 8:37 PM

People go to school to make money. Period. If you’re going only for the education, you’re fooling yourself.

He went to school and played football. He has a talent and is now being payed for that talent. Everyone is differnt.

If the NFL was full of PFT, computer nerdy, english majors… it wouldn’t be that much of a game, now would it?

Sorry, but can he play football? Oh, he can? Then who the hell cares? He may have an IQ of -4… but his Football IQ might be 160.

Get over yourselves.

165. babyriggo44 says: Apr 29, 2012 8:21 AM

hey , thats why he is so athletic, he doesnt have a lot of cluttered brain synopsis’ to slow down athletic decisions…I may have the same ploblem.

166. miggity23 says: Apr 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Where is this same reaction when a QB decides not to throw at the combine or a runningback doesn’t run the 40?

I don’t see any difference.
    Too bad nobody cares that these scores are supposed to be confidential, what about the lack of professional integrity shown annually at the combine when these low scores are continually leaked.

167. lawrinson20 says: Apr 30, 2012 12:05 PM

I agree with part of your reply. People go to COLLEGE to prepare themselves to make money. In whatever field they choose.

The problem is that this person was a student at all levels of matriculation PRIOR to college, and doesn’t seem to have the educational foundation of a third-grader. My issue isn’t with using college as a springboard to the NFL. My problem is with the systems that allowed this person to pass elementary school, junior high, and high school.

168. bayoor75 says: May 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Call him anything you like – fool/idiot or whatever. IQ tests don’t predict football success. Dez didn’t do well, but he’s had 2 nerly 1,000 season. The harvard guy (Bill’s QB) almost became a journey man until the Bill’s took a flyer on him…and his stats do not scream FOOTBALL GENIUS.

169. detroitlionsnfl says: May 3, 2012 7:28 AM

Dude, it’s 18 questions… I don’t want to hear a bunch of whining about “I’m not in school”, nice quitter attitude Claiborne! Perfect Cowboy.

170. cavallininja says: May 3, 2012 5:23 PM

the score was terribly low. however, it does not matter when this kid have proven game film. he can likely shut down 70% of the WR’s in the league right now. one of the best cb prospects in the past 10 to 15 years.