Jenkins says teams who passed on him are “gonna pay”

Janoris_Jenkins_Kids_2012_NFL_Combine_Marijuana_Arrest Getty Images

The Rams ended the slide of cornerback Janoris Jenkins by selecting him with the 39th pick in the 2012 draft.  And even though Jenkins realizes that off-field issues made him slide, Jenkins will have a chip on his shoulder.

“I know my off the field issue was a factor,” Jenkins told SiriusXM NFL Radio.  “But, you know, my past is my past, I put that behind me.  And everybody that skipped over me, they just gonna pay for it.”

Jenkins vows that he’ll be different at the NFL level.  “When they get to know me, once you guys get to know me, I’m gonna be a role model for the kids outside of football,” Jenkins said.  “Y’all are gonna realize that I’m not a bad person, I just made a few mistakes and I learned from them.  And y’all are also getting a great football player that’s gonna buy into the program.”

Some regarded Jenkins as the best cover corner in the draft.  He’ll now get a chance to prove it.

Permalink 103 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
103 Responses to “Jenkins says teams who passed on him are “gonna pay””
  1. chocopoppy says: Apr 27, 2012 9:33 PM

Nothing impresses me less than when a troublemaker claims there is no need to worry because he has “put his past behind him”.

2. apooster says: Apr 27, 2012 9:34 PM

Onterrio Smith says Janoris is the Steal of the Draft.

3. bchapman2011 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:34 PM

Well I really wanted Miami to draft him but based on his comments I am glad they didnt.
    This guy will be arrested by next off season if that long

4. acerockefellar says: Apr 27, 2012 9:35 PM

They’re going to pay their taxes to send him to jail.

5. notrelated says: Apr 27, 2012 9:35 PM

But is he going to pay child support to all 20 of his kids?

6. jameswestphal says: Apr 27, 2012 9:35 PM

…then he got baked and knocked up another broad

7. billmead1976 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM

whatever dude. everybody that feels slighted by a drop in the draft says the same thing.

3 years and you’re out of the league punk.

8. kazwhopper says: Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM

“And everybody that skipped over me, they just gonna pay for it.”

NFL teams better avoid any bar fights with him.

9. redguy12588 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM

So everyone is gonna pay? Seeing as how every team passed on you.

10. jeziyo247 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM

And if you don’t change your ways, attitude and lifestyle, you’re gonna pay. Take this opportunity to make yourself a better man and prove your critics wrong with action and not talk.

11. nflfan1 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM

Wish you the best of luck BUT you play for the Rams. We may never hear from you again in that black hole of a horrible franchise.

12. armchairqb says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

Yawn … no Jeff Fisher team is ever able to make anyone “pay.” Have fun in obscurity. Smoke up.

PS “Janoris” is not a real name.

13. 4thquartermagic says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

So the guy with character red flags vows to make his doubters “pay?”

Hmm… red flag?

14. eaglesfan247 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

Gonna pay… to get him out of jail.

15. joy7283 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

Jenkins says he’ll be at a different level in the NFL. No s#£t Sherlock. More money, more fame, more ego, more chances.
    Let the inevitable begin. Good luck Rams, you are gunna need it.

16. ras611 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

They are gonna pay because he is going to kill all of them…..

17. purplegreenandgold says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

concentrate on being a role model for yourself first and everything else will fall into place.

18. emoney826 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:37 PM

Wait until you meet Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees.

Talk the talk after you shut them down…rookie.

19. randygnyc says: Apr 27, 2012 9:38 PM

Actions>words

20. matthewcarlson1 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:39 PM

So he’s gonna make the Rams pay too?

21. tropboi11 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:39 PM

Your going to have trouble making anyone pay while playing for the Rams but I still think he would have made any team better

22. dbones750 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:40 PM

Technically, the Rams passed on him. But yes, I imagine they’ll pay for this pick someday too.

23. jerrycola says: Apr 27, 2012 9:40 PM

Michael Irvin approves this message.

24. robigd says: Apr 27, 2012 9:40 PM

Are you sure he didn’t say “They funna pay”?

25. pone27 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:40 PM

We shall see playa….

26. urlifestillsucks says: Apr 27, 2012 9:41 PM

Not as much as he’s going to pay….in child support.

27. danoj14 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:43 PM

He’s already asking for help with child support?

28. theadeeps says: Apr 27, 2012 9:43 PM

Rams technically passed on him twice…so he gonna light it up and smoke?

29. jcustunner says: Apr 27, 2012 9:43 PM

“They just gonna pay for it.” Clearly, in challenging every single NFL team, Janoris Jenkins got too excited to fully grasp the English language. Hopefully his signing bonus is Rosetta Stone software.

30. nineroutsider says: Apr 27, 2012 9:44 PM

I know everyone will be ripping him, but I think he is the real deal and a great pick. Rams are going to be a completely different team this year and will be highly competitive. They lost a lot of close games last year, they aren’t as bad as everyone thinks.

(They have like 5 fans on PFT so someone has to prop them up.)

31. bigfrank11 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:44 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Antonio Cromartie 2.0.

32. verticalface says: Apr 27, 2012 9:44 PM

If he wants to get technical, you could argue that the team that picked him also passed on him. I think they call this “foreshadowing”.

33. rarson says: Apr 27, 2012 9:44 PM

“And everybody that skipped over me, they just gonna pay for it.”

Uh, the Rams picked you 39th. They passed on you. Twice.

I bet they WILL pay for it.

34. kremis says: Apr 27, 2012 9:46 PM

I think he meant to say he’s gonna pay “child support” to the three women he had four kids with

35. waltdawg says: Apr 27, 2012 9:48 PM

That’s it…That’s the way you do it…PUNK….Don’t threaten us.

36. lostsok says: Apr 27, 2012 9:50 PM

Pacman Jenkins is MAD.

37. haileysbadoldad says: Apr 27, 2012 9:50 PM

He should have been there to meet Goodell, I’m sure he will be in his office quite often.

38. dandydon17 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:52 PM

I wonder if Fisher pulls some of his old magic and makes him a top cover guy. They both have passion and Fisher was a CB too.

39. kupski says: Apr 27, 2012 9:53 PM

He said he would be right back after he smoked some more courage herb.

40. sod61 says: Apr 27, 2012 9:53 PM

they mentioned fisher has experience with this type player as he drafted pac-man jones. how did that work out for you jeff?

41. schaffershokai says: Apr 27, 2012 9:56 PM

I think he just got SPANKED by a big dose of reality: http://youtu.be/cJxmmbMsns8

42. couldntthinkofaname says: Apr 27, 2012 9:56 PM

nineroutsider says:
    Apr 27, 2012 9:44 PM

(They have like 5 fans on PFT so someone has to prop them up.)
    ______________

And for that sir, we thank you!

43. buffalomook says: Apr 27, 2012 9:57 PM

Next Pacman Jones….That is all!

44. lewjr says: Apr 27, 2012 10:00 PM

its always interesting to hear from the fine upstanding citizens of the anonymous internet community spewing negatives from their keyboards.

Good luck kid. A rare few of us believe in redemption until we are otherwise proven wrong.

45. getadealdonealready says: Apr 27, 2012 10:03 PM

Don’t tase me, bro!

46. dcrams20 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:05 PM

JJ – First priority: Get the cell numbers of Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner and Chris Long on speed dial. And use them often!

47. thegonz13 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:07 PM

Actually, the Rams also passed on him… now what?

48. kronix7 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:07 PM

3 years in the league, just imagine his arrest record. Hopefully not, the kid has a lot of tallent. Don’t waste it Jenoris. You have an oppurtunity to be something more. Don’t be a Pac-Man.

49. rsellersus says: Apr 27, 2012 10:08 PM

Gonna Pay? You better get used to those two words with 4 kids by three women. Sorry sucka. That signing bonus is going to be cut down to a $100 Olive Garden gift card faster than you can say “Baby Mamma Drama!”

50. kronix7 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:10 PM

I agree, he is a steal in the draft. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I think the Rams have had a solid draft so far. They will be a team to watch out for that’s for sure.

51. jayniner says: Apr 27, 2012 10:10 PM

Well at least Atlants’s safe since they didn’t have a first round pick.

52. kronix7 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:14 PM

I still won’t be rooting for them.. just saying. ‘0’

53. nflofficeadmin says: Apr 27, 2012 10:16 PM

And by role model for the kids he means hanging out with skeezas, drinking copious amounts of alcohol and driving when he pleases. This also includes having intercourses with the maximum amount of women time and space permits, and most of these women of course will be skeezas.

54. SOBEIT says: Apr 27, 2012 10:19 PM

St.Louis herb ‘vendors’ just got very excited by this pick.

55. hitit49 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:25 PM

Pay for the bag of weed he will be selling to the crowd 3 hrs before games?

56. bigal1952 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:33 PM

Whenever someone tells the world that they are a great person, when their own history is what caused them to fall, you can rest assured they still don’t get it.

Janoris, have you not read this scripture?

“There is none good, NOT ONE.”

57. vikescry1 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:34 PM

redguy12588 says:
    Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM
    So everyone is gonna pay? Seeing as how every team passed on you.
    ———————————————————————————————————————————————— not the saints! so he’s gonna just let them scored right? you bet he will, or be taken out! lmao

58. gcsuk says: Apr 27, 2012 10:38 PM

“I’m gonna make them pay for not drafting me”. Also said by Vince Young after he was overlooked in the draft. How’d that turn out? What next…the Rams are “building a Dream Team”?

59. detroitcityryda says: Apr 27, 2012 10:39 PM

Everybody has something to say to him baby momma this ,weed that ,while his laughing at your checks nfl fans are no different than wee fans .

60. obdoc100 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:51 PM

Sounds like bounty talk to me.

61. expertop says: Apr 27, 2012 10:52 PM

The teams that passed on you are gonna pay. So, Oakland, Atlanta and New Orleans – you’re gonna go easy on them?

62. mulehead70 says: Apr 27, 2012 10:52 PM

He doesn’t have a chip on his shoulder, he has a joint on his shoulder. And, as far as his comments go, hey, the guy’s just being “blunt”.

63. miserynmossouri says: Apr 27, 2012 11:00 PM

I just renewed my subscription to the Stl paper. Can’t wait read all about JJ.
    Call me JJ, I know a good supplier.

64. catman72 says: Apr 27, 2012 11:01 PM

He does realize the Rams passed on him too, doesn’t he?

65. brtdud7 says: Apr 27, 2012 11:15 PM

Will they be paying more or less than the child support you will be paying for your 4 illegitimate kids?

66. thetooloftools says: Apr 27, 2012 11:23 PM

He sounds like he doesn’t take ANY personal responsibility for his past. All Pro or prison I guess.

67. xx4zu1 says: Apr 27, 2012 11:31 PM

I gotta wonder if this kid realizes he just went to a losing organization we won;t even remember his name 3 years from now.

68. tylerdurden187 says: Apr 27, 2012 11:33 PM

“gonna pay”

That sounds like something Pacman Jones would say.
    What a dope.

69. worldchampsbaby says: Apr 27, 2012 11:47 PM

Janoris is quite blunt in his assessment.

70. vikingdoode says: Apr 27, 2012 11:50 PM

Leaves the Vikings and Raiders out of his wrath…

71. olcap says: Apr 27, 2012 11:51 PM

I hope he follows through and makes it a reality.

72. sirhulka says: Apr 27, 2012 11:52 PM

Instead of being thankful a team took a chance on him, he just runs his mouth. It’s sad losers like this make money because they can run fast and jump high.

73. hastekilled says: Apr 27, 2012 11:56 PM

Hey Janoris! The team that drafted you passed you TWICE! Haha!

74. raider23mike says: Apr 27, 2012 11:59 PM

The Raiders didn’t pass on him.. They had no draft picks.. He shall have mercy on us

75. toppdogg51 says: Apr 28, 2012 12:00 AM

I agree with jeziyo247 comments. Action speaks louder than words. Stay away from the camera’s and focus on your promise.

76. j0esixpack says: Apr 28, 2012 12:06 AM

Janitoris needs an agent who will tell him that threatening teams that thought he was unstable in the first place is not a smart way to improve your reputation let alone help in contract negotiations

77. vijayswearingen says: Apr 28, 2012 12:07 AM

There are so many cliches to throw out here involving players, or I mean, playaz’ who talk trash before they’ve even stepped on an NFL field or before they’ve received their first REAL paycheck. We will see if this kid has what it takes to stay focused off the field (as he implies) but if I’m a betting man, I’m betting he shows his true colors sooner than later and ends up being a waste of great physical talent. Book it.

78. karlton2 says: Apr 28, 2012 12:27 AM

“I’m gonna be a role model for the kids outside of football,” Jenkins said.

————————————————–

You know, like that Peyton Manning / United Way skit on SNL…except for real.

79. scooter7777777 says: Apr 28, 2012 12:43 AM

“Hi Janoris, I’m Tom Brady. Nice to meet you. I’m the future first-ballot Hall-0f-Famer who’s gonna torch you and the rest of your defensive mates for 378 yards and 4 TDs in London.”

80. jaydm84 says: Apr 28, 2012 1:24 AM

This guy is amazing. Consistently shut down julio jones and aj green in college. If he stays out of trouble he will dominate. And it isnt like he isnt the same as half of the players in the nfl, a billion baby mommas. Get over it you herbs. I hope he puts a bounty on every receiver he covers.

81. drgreenstreak says: Apr 28, 2012 1:39 AM

The past. As in the phattie I burned yesterday… in the past, yo?

82. kungfubillysims says: Apr 28, 2012 2:09 AM

i believe him. he’s going to be really good and he’s going to embarrass a lot of people. i wish the lions took him.

83. apallday2842 says: Apr 28, 2012 2:48 AM

Unfortunatly mr. Jenkins only the people in ur state pay for your stay in the loca
    l prison…. Sorry..

84. patpatriotagain says: Apr 28, 2012 5:03 AM

last time i heard that statement it was ebon britton who said it…oh yeah and he hasn’t been heard from since.
    this attitude is obviously why teams passed on him – and only one team will be sorry – the rams

85. blackbug99 says: Apr 28, 2012 5:53 AM

It isn’t like PFT didn’t jump on this “good for business” bandwagon! You gave two headlines to a guy who probably can’t use “Chip,” and “Shoulder” in the same sentence w/o cue cards!

86. mrbigass says: Apr 28, 2012 7:21 AM

“Gonna pay?” Why do these guys have to carry around that gangsta mentality?

Perfect guy for Jerry Springer……

87. infectorman says: Apr 28, 2012 7:30 AM

I can hear the NFC west’s crowds chanting in unison now:

“PAC – MAN, PAC – MAN, PAC – MAN”

88. cmarsh64 says: Apr 28, 2012 7:43 AM

Guess he’ll have to back it up on the field, we know he can perform off the field. Hope he doesn’t run into Ricky Williams now that he’s retired i’m sure the smoke is flying…Cheech & Choong time…instead of puff,puff pass it will be its all mine i ain’t passing Sh*t…lol

89. gweez76 says: Apr 28, 2012 7:45 AM

I think he’s right. Rams passed on him twice and he’s gonna make Em pay.

90. tthorn777 says: Apr 28, 2012 8:11 AM

St. Louis has the best fans in the world. He will get a second chance like everyone deserves and be a shut down corner and start his new life off the field with very supportive fans. I see JJ being a huge success on and off of the field.

91. Patriot42 says: Apr 28, 2012 8:27 AM

Why do these guys feel it is so important to knock up as many woman as they can? Is it a tribal thing?

92. brakadamas says: Apr 28, 2012 9:02 AM

Once a punk, always a punk.

93. headonaswivel says: Apr 28, 2012 9:08 AM

GM’s all over the league had better stock up on bulletproof vests, watch out!

94. jebdamone says: Apr 28, 2012 9:56 AM

whatever anyone wants to say about jenkins, no one can deny that IF he CAN stay out of trouble he is going to be a BALLER. kid is a shutdown corner, just ask A.J. Green and Julio Jones if they want a piece of him…

95. danoj14 says: Apr 28, 2012 10:05 AM

lewjr says:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:00 PM

————————————————

And how many times have you been proven wrong with this kid so far?
    Arrested three times and then admitted to keep up with his partying ways at North Alabama…

So, how many chances do we give him before we turn skeptical?

96. jluns275 says: Apr 28, 2012 10:17 AM

tthor777 says:

——————————————————
    jluns275 says:

Are you really quite sure about that?
    You sound as if maybe you just smoked a bowl with him.

97. danoj14 says: Apr 28, 2012 10:19 AM

He starts with “And everybody that skipped over me, they just gonna pay for it.”

And then goes to “When they get to know me, once you guys get to know me, I’m gonna be a role model for the kids outside of football,”

A role model, huh? Good luck with that.

98. jluns275 says: Apr 28, 2012 10:28 AM

jebdamone says:

—————————————————

jluns275 says:

To put this in language you can understand-they won’t fear him or be intimidated by him IF he CANnot stay out of trouble & is constantly suspended &/or in jail.
    It’s not that people don’t think he deserves a fresh start, it’s that he’s not trying to make a fresh start.
    He still doesn’t sound as if he feels accountable for his actions, thus he’s most likely doomed to repeat them (or worse).
    As for all your ifs, ifs, ifs, I’d like to suggest an exercise for you:
    “IF” in one hand & “S?%T” in the other. See which one fills up first.

99. kennypowersays says: Apr 28, 2012 11:20 AM

Sorry you didn’t get an education. Sorry you didn’t learn about birth control. Sorry your mother gave you a stupid name. Sorry all those teams misjudged you during the draft. Did I leave anything out you might want to blame everyone else for?

100. blueglaze says: Apr 28, 2012 1:04 PM

Ah I’ll be feeling much more satisfied once the season starts and everyone finds out how great he is. Wish he never left Florida.

101. blueglaze says: Apr 28, 2012 1:06 PM

Ya he did take out Julio jones and AJ green. They had zero effect in the games

102. raiderapologist says: Apr 28, 2012 6:05 PM

kennypowersays says: Apr 28, 2012 11:20 AM

If things don’t work out for him in the NFL he can just change his name to Janitor Jenkins and get a job with the local school district.

103. europoljuice says: Apr 29, 2012 2:19 PM

I wish him well…..the same thing was said about JIMMY SMITH when the Ravens took him last year in the draft. He’s adjusted well. Of course when you have to answer to RAY LEWIS…..lol that changes everything!!