Aaron Rodgers hopes for another invitation to host SNL

Getty Images

Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live this week.  Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was invited to do it this year, but he passed.

Rodgers didn’t decline because he isn’t interested.  “I was a given a few dates this offseason, but unlike previous years where most people decide to get married in the summertime, the dates they gave me were the days of marriages that I was either standing up in or really, really wanted to go,” the 2011 NFL MVP told Dan Patrick earlier this hour.

Rodgers hopes to get another invitation in the future.  “I’m hopeful I’ll get another invite later on,” Rodgers said.  “It’s a great show.”

Here’s hoping that he does, and that he’ll be able to do it.  Rodgers agreed that Peyton Manning set the bar high for athletes who do the show, but we’ve got a feeling Rodgers will match it — and possibly set it even higher.  Especially if he’s willing to tell the writers to steer clear of skits based on the “discount double-check” or an encounter with Bill and/or Bob Swerski.

37 responses to “Aaron Rodgers hopes for another invitation to host SNL

1. Remember when he said he didn’t want to be in the public eye with that sort of stuff? So much for that.

2. was he the one who stated (as a result of the SB game) in the closing minutes ‘he was scared to death?”… never really understood that.

3. contra74 –

How’s the Viking stadium efforts coming along? LOL.

When’s the next cork-popping, Champagne celebration for the Vikes “new stadium”???

SKOAL!!!!

4. scoops1 says:
    May 2, 2012 11:29 AM
    Come out of closet?? The guy has banged more models then an 80s glam band bassist
    ***************************************************
    You can keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

The guy is queer and many people know it.

5. @textexington

You’re hating on the Vikings in Packer articles now? Seriously, get a life. Or a treadmill.

Rodgers is a pretty funny guy, I’d like to see him do SNL.

6. He should go on this year! What better time to celebrate the Packers’ 2011 perfect 19-0 season??

Oh, wait…

7. “it’s a great show”

no. no it is absolutley awful. it is the most pathetic attempt at humor on television.

i always thought the office should have thrown in Rodgers for a quick skit. he and ryan are twins.

8. lbpackfan says:May 2, 2012 11:38 AM

contra74 –

How’s the Viking stadium efforts coming along? LOL.

SKOAL!!!!
    ——-
    Stadium wasnt the issue with my post but glad to know that Packers cant defend an argument directly. Stadium or no stadium it still doesnt battle my argument.

Also, its Skol, not your moms favorite tin brand.

9. Rodgers has more rings than the Viking organization!

I spent time in Minnesota, me and my buddies had a saying. Minnesota, where even the hot chicks are ugly.

10. contra74 says:May 2, 2012 11:21 AM

————

Remember when vikes players weren’t getting arrested for beating up people who said they look like celebrities? Or when wives of ex-viking greats were’t killing pedestrians in hit-and-runs? Or when vike stadium deals weren’t collapsing?

11. Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 2, 2012 12:55 PM

contra74 says:May 2, 2012 11:21 AM

————

—-

Almost forgot, or when ex-vikings aren’t being arrested for tax fraud?

12. If Rodgers was as fluid and versitile on the field as he was in the State Farm commercials, he would never have gotten a starting QB job in the NFL. I think SNL could put up a cardboard cutout of Rodgers and nobody would know the difference.

13. Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 2, 2012 12:55 PM

contra74 says:May 2, 2012 11:21 AM

————

————————————————-

More Pack players have been arrested in the last year than Vikings ones. And do we really want to talk about former players having issues? I have a couple I could bring up. Don’t be bitter because the Vikings don’t have to scam their fans to get a new stadium…Tell me, how do those pizza bagels taste?

14. Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 2, 2012 12:55 PM

contra74 says:May 2, 2012 11:21 AM

————

__________

I love my squad, but the funny thing is all those things happened today. And you forgot about Michael Bennett’s tax fraud.

15. greenbay4ever says:May 2, 2012 12:49 PM

Rodgers has more rings than the Viking organization!

_______

16. Between Brady, Manning and Rodgers, Rodgers was by FAR the least interesting.

Manning and Brady were hilarious with their throwing footballs at kids and grabbing Amy Poehler’s boobs skits.

I’m ok with him not being on SNL anymore.

17. “Check out the prom photos bit in the Green Bay Press-Gazette. It was about photo 26 before there was a girl under 200 pounds. I guess Wisconsin and Minnesota have different ideas of what is hot.”
    ————————-

I just did, to try to prove you wrong. I failed. My God, that is the ugliest collection of people I have ever seen. They had to have done that on purpose.

18. The SNL episodes with Brady & Manning both produced some gems. Nothing will top Peyton’s United Way commercial where he berates the kids, shows them how to steal a car, & uses them to help him hit on women in the park. Pure gold!

Rodgers has kind of a dry wit it seems, he’d probably do pretty good as long as the writers give him something to work with.

19. barroomhero80 says: May 2, 2012 1:11 PM

come to the princess’ aide greenbay fans lol

—————————————–

I don’t think last years Superbowl MVP and this years NFL MVP needs any help.

Now our defense, on the other hand, does need some aiding.

20. thankheavenfornumberseven – your extra credit homework assignment for tonight: discover the home state of the current Miss America. Hint: it doesn’t begin with Minnesot.

21. stavreafavre says:May 2, 2012 3:52 PM

——–

Doesn’t really seem like he’s interested in the over-18 demographic…

22. greenbay4ever says:May 2, 2012 12:49 PM

Rodgers has more rings than the Viking organization!

————————————————-

Hell, even Trent Dilfer does.

‘Nuff said.

23. What’s so great about him anyway? He could hardly be described as attractive with that oversized schnoz and his tramp-stamped barmaid girlfriend ain’t exactly supermodel material!