Kennedy says Hargrove told him nothing about bounties

New York Giants v Washington Redskins Getty Images

Among the statements contained in the declaration of former Saints defensive end Anthony Hargrove is the explanation that Hargrove was informed by former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams that “some people thought I had told Vikings player Jimmy Kennedy about the existence of a ‘bounty’ on Brett Favre because I an friends with Jimmy from our playing days at St. Louis.”

Kennedy, who now plays for the Giants, denies that he ever told anyone that Hargrove told him anything about a bounty.  Strongly.

In a series of entries posted on his verified Twitter account, Kennedy is clear and unequivocal in his position that neither Hargrove nor any other member of the Saints said anything to him about a bounty.

It’s a minor point in the broader scheme of the bounty investigation, but we wanted to mention Kennedy’s position out of respect to him.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Kennedy says Hargrove told him nothing about bounties”
  1. taintedsaints2009 says: May 7, 2012 6:23 PM

“Kennedy now plays for the Giants”

smart move, Jimmy. Smart move.

2. ilovefoolsball says: May 7, 2012 6:30 PM

Another dent in the NFL’s case is exposed.

How many dents does it take before people realize it’s not a fender bender, it’s a full blown WRECK!

(I’m talking about real people, not the GODdell slurpers, they’ll believe anything till it hits their team.)

3. Wisconsin77 says: May 7, 2012 6:37 PM

ilovefoolsball says: May 7, 2012 6:30 PM
    Another dent in the NFL’s case is exposed.

4. frankiemontana says: May 7, 2012 6:42 PM

sounds like another case of who you calling a snitch.

5. mdd913 says: May 7, 2012 6:44 PM

Wisconsin77 says: May 7, 2012 6:37 PM

—————————————————————-

Except for the little factoid that most people don’t know: Gregg Williams’ “confession” was written by the NFL.

6. iamwhodat says: May 7, 2012 6:45 PM

@Wisconsin77 I guess when the Packers had a “pay for performance” plan it wasn’t cheating b/c they were told to stop and they complied. Right?

7. captatl says: May 7, 2012 6:45 PM

ilovefoolsball says:May 7, 2012 6:30 PM

Another dent in the NFL’s case is exposed.

How is this a dent in the NFL’s case? This letter was written by the Union with details provided by Hargrove. Then signed by Hargrove? How is this a dent in the NFL’s case?

8. csmit44 says: May 7, 2012 6:48 PM

“Cheaters got caught”

How did anyone cheat again? Again if they are guilty of this then they are dirty/not the best guys, but to be a cheater as you call them, shouldn’t there be some kind of competitive advantage gained? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

9. oncall0599 says: May 7, 2012 6:53 PM

“Don’t worry, Defensive Coordinator Williams admission pretty much straightens out any dent the players try to make. Cheaters got caught, now they have to deal with the consequences.”

You’re referring to the Gregg Williams who has admitted to lying, and would essentially do anything Goodell wants him to do for a chance at being reinstated…including throwing his players under the bus, correct? Yeah…I’d believe him…high character guy.

I hope Goodell has evidence and is just keeping it close to the vest. At some point, he’ll have to lay his cards on the table.

10. whoisthatteam says: May 7, 2012 8:28 PM

Wisconsin77 says:
    May 7, 2012 6:37 PM
    ilovefoolsball says: May 7, 2012 6:30 PM
    Another dent in the NFL’s case is exposed.

*******************************************

Where in this admission did GW ever admit to a pay for INJURY scheme?

“I want to express my sincere regret and apology to the NFL, Mr. Benson, and the New Orleans Saints fans for my participation in the ‘pay for performance’ program while I was with the Saints,” Williams said. “It was a terrible mistake, and we knew it was wrong while we were doing it. Instead of getting caught up in it, I should have stopped it. I take full responsibility for my role. I am truly sorry. I have learned a hard lesson and I guarantee that I will never participate in or allow this kind of activity to happen again.”

I’ll wait.

11. geauxmez says: May 7, 2012 8:29 PM

lol @ all the Saints haters that are starting to hop the fence.

Including you florio, including you.

12. shzastl says: May 7, 2012 8:32 PM

It’s not such a minor point–Hargrove having told a player on another team about the Favre bounty was one of the few ‘facts’ the NFL cited in it’s statement as to why Hargrove was suspended. That, and his declaration, which the NFL also mischaracterized.

13. northeastkiller says: May 7, 2012 10:14 PM

Misrepresenting the evidence, twisting words…if Goodell was willing to do this, what else has he misrepresented and twisted?

14. kodakinvegas says: May 7, 2012 10:38 PM

JFK would be proud. Grassy knoll, sewer, more than one gunman, CIA SECRET SERVICE cuz they had that limo open knowing JFK was dog meat I’n TX. Wait, MAFIA? Castro? Teamsters? Some broads husband. But NOT Oswald, with a rifle, shells, chicken, running out of the Depository Bldg. Couldn’t be him the communist loving Marine Marksman. LBJ. He wanted POWER, and lots of it. Why wasn’t HE shot at? And Clint Hill so far back from the car Jackie had to pull him into the car. That extra bullet on the further at the hospital. Surely one of the Dr.’s were I’n on it. But WAIT, THIS IS THE NFL CONSPIRACY against 8 or more lying, crooked, dirty, conniving, whining football and SUPERBOWL Saints it’s gotta be a CONSPIRACY!!! Gregg Williams would NEVER lie!!!! (Or would he?)

15. kodakinvegas says: May 7, 2012 10:40 PM

I know now!!!! Let’s call the Warren Commission back to investigate this NFL STUFF. THAT WILL SOLVE IT!

16. kodakinvegas says: May 7, 2012 10:46 PM

Speaking of Kennedy, two or three reports over there he is! In the middle of another conspiracy. Too good to be true. Put this on network tv and it’ll blow away American Idol. This stuff can’t be scripted, reality all the way. What an off season. Truly great stuff! Thanks Saints, thanks Williams n Payton and you too Commish Goodell. You made my iPhone more than worth the price. Great stuff , keep up the good work, you too Florio

17. taintedlombardis says: May 7, 2012 11:08 PM

hmmm

18. suprmous says: May 7, 2012 11:23 PM

For all intents and purposes Roger GODell should quit playing pattycake slap on the wrist with others and making examples out of the Saints and hold everybody accountable for what they do. This means those who’re known as headhunters, i.e. Ray Rice of the Ravens, Roddy White of the Dirty Birds, Clay Matthews of the Packers, Suh of the Lions, and others should get more than just a pattycake slap on the wrist. While on the other hand those that he has no proof on and having them be examples of because of what he “thinks” he’s got evidence on he needs to go back and look at without his rose colored glasses on from looking at the others. It sickens me to the core to think that he’ll be the commish for another year and for however long his contract’s for. The core reason for all of this is he and various owners see the Saints as the most successful organizations in the League and they don’t want the Saints associated with the League. It’s a known fact that one successful owner has courted Sean Payton to join his staff and Sean wants no part of it. Then you’ve got the League wantin to split Mickey (Loomis) and Sean up because they’re a very successful duo. I get my info from friends that play for the Saints and it’s not necessarily a he said she said thing. The guys that tell me what’s goin on are on the front line and are in the position to know. So don’t think I’m just another crazy fan. I want to see it come about to where those that are wrong admit they’re wrong and make it right, even if that means going to the guy’s wife and apologizing. I know that might not ever happen but at least they deserve some peace of mind.

19. gingerkid2000 says: May 8, 2012 5:32 PM

Goodell isn’t punishing them for the “pay for performance program.” The Saints are being punished for not coming clean in the beginning and defying his requests to stop. Goodell doesn’t like his requests being ignored. I doubt the “bounty system” is what the punishments are really about.

Why deny if it hasn’t been done? Why cover-up nothing? Why apologize for no wrong-doing?

THAT is what makes no sense.

20. suprmous says: May 8, 2012 11:20 PM

gingerkid2000, give me a break: GODell isn’t punishing them for the “pay for performance program”. But are for not coming cleanin and defying his requests to stop. I happen to know from talking to some of my friends that Sean told Goodell that he’d see that things would cease and decist. And he believed it would after his speaking to Greg about the consequences that it would cause. In part that was one of the reasons Greg left the coaching staff PDQ. When you go and look at film I dare say there’s one player from New Orleans that has done anything that they’ve been accused of regarding illegal hits. Kurt Warner and countless others have tried to get to Goodell but all that jackass wants is to be rid of the Saints as do a lot of the owners of other teams. The respect that the Saints have gotten over the years speaks volumes and I dare say that with the likes of Roddy White, Ray Rice, and others who are hard hitters would ever admit as to how far the Saints have come but that’s ok. The Saints is one of those organizations that doesn’t carry a bad reputation for having “head hunters” and thank goodness they don’t. But to accuse Jonathan Vilma of all people of what they have’s totally assinine. He’s truly a leader. He comes from the mold of the Bob Lily’s, Joe Montana’s, of days gone by. Jonathan’s a gentleman and I’d never believe that he’d put his family in jepoardy by doing something as to bring shame on them. Ok, I’ll get off of my soapbox but for what it’s worth the commish needs to concentrate on proving his allegations or admit to the guys he’s wrong. My guess is he’s got an apology to make to the Saints, their organization, to Sean Payton, to Tom Benson (the owner), to the families of the ones he’s done wrong to, and to many Saints’ fans.