Bike stolen from Seau’s home recovered

Junior Seau found dead in his home Getty Images

Last night, a disturbing report emerged that a burglary occurred at linebacker Junior Seau’s home only five days after he died there.  The good news, if there is any, is that police have recovered the $500 bike stolen from the garage.

The bicycle, which belongs to a friend of Seau’s, was found in the possession of a man who bought it from another man on May 8, the day after it was stolen.  The man who made the purchase isn’t regarded as a suspect.

Police are investigating the burglary.  Per U-T San Diego, the man who sold the bicycle is white, late 20s or early 30s, and he weighs about 180 pounds.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
14 Responses to “Bike stolen from Seau’s home recovered”
  1. bcjim says: May 16, 2012 10:57 PM

Well, that narrows it down to 10,000,000 people or so.

2. giorgiom3 says: May 16, 2012 10:58 PM

I hope whoever stole the bike gets the maximum charge. It’s bad enough you broke into someone’s home, but even worse when it’s of someone that killed himself.

3. rickrock6661982 says: May 16, 2012 11:01 PM

I bet it was Tim Tebow

Or, more likely, someone related to Ryan Leaf

4. sadskinsfan89 says: May 16, 2012 11:18 PM

very descriptive. shouldnt be hard to find the suspect

5. 4t9er says: May 16, 2012 11:23 PM

Proof that the police can find a stolen item like a bike if they want to do it.

6. virusgvr says: May 16, 2012 11:35 PM

Rickrock… That’s f—–ing hilarious!!!

7. jacobslatter says: May 17, 2012 12:23 AM

Remember all you drivers out there to share the road and to you cyclists: wear brightly colored clothing and wear a helmet.

8. dobberdubinsky says: May 17, 2012 12:33 AM

Well thank goodness, now I will enjoy a peaceful sleep!

9. nflhof says: May 17, 2012 1:28 AM

Sounds like something Jeff Fisher would do…he loves taking out linebackers wheels.

10. jason49er says: May 17, 2012 1:45 AM

Cops probably stole it right back from the guy who bought it, now he’s out $500 on a bike he didn’t know was stolen.

11. cpanthers1 says: May 17, 2012 2:41 AM

I thought Ryan Leaf was still locked up? There’s nothing like breaking in an ex teammates house just after they died.

12. louisvillepride says: May 17, 2012 4:57 AM

Funny! Oceanside PD can find a bicycle that was stolen from a famous football player but when my motorcycle was stolen from my apartment, I was told by the dispatcher that (1) it would be 45 minutes to a hour before a cruiser would get to my residence (funny there were 2 cruisers in my apartment complex at the time I reported the crime). I lived in Oakland, California (where they kill people for sport) briefly. I told the dispatcher ” If this was Oakland the I could understand why it would take 45 minutes to a hour to arrive. I’m sorry what crime in Oceanside could be going on that you couldn’t send a cruiser?” (2) When the investigator got there she replied that the odds were “slim to none” it would be recovered but, if I have any information on the whereabouts of my motorcycle, I should contact the police. (isn’t that your job????) Insurance eventually took care of the claim & I got a new bike but, I find it funny Oceanside Pricks & D**ks can go out of their way for a deceased (RIP) football player but for the average citizen they tell us to “kick rocks”.

13. hulkhogansays says: May 17, 2012 7:00 AM

louisville, apparently you are just learning celebrities take higher priority (because they, you know, have accomplished great feats) so let me be the first to welcome you to america, brother.

14. 49erstim says: May 17, 2012 7:32 AM

@louisvillepride….. I’m with you man. There is a definite disconnect from the services “they” get as opposed to what “we” get.

Also…isn’t it odd that they found the bike and the guy said “I bought it” and the police bought that story and then his vague description of the seller? I’m just sayin…..