Mikel Leshoure says he’s learned his lesson after marijuana arrests

Detroit Lions Training Camp Getty Images

Mikel Leshoure, who has more marijuana arrests (two) than games played (zero) since the Lions drafted him in the second round last year, is making good progress in recovery from a torn Achilles tendon. And he says he’s also learned a lesson after twice getting caught with pot this year.

I put it in the past, man,” Leshoure told the Detroit Free Press. “I’m moving on and learning from my mistakes, and I’m going to leave it at that. Lessons have been learned.”

The Achilles that he tore at the start of training camp last year isn’t completely healed, but Leshoure said after the first day of organized team activities that it’s getting close.

“I didn’t do much, but it felt good to be back, back with my teammates, back out on the field,” Leshoure said. “Still got a ways to go, but we’re not pushing it and not in a rush for anything.”

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
25 Responses to “Mikel Leshoure says he’s learned his lesson after marijuana arrests”
  1. modestmuse23 says: May 22, 2012 7:05 AM

It’s much better that he get drunk in his free time instead of smoking that devil drug

2. sudz28 says: May 22, 2012 7:13 AM

Funny how he never actually says he’s done smoking pot; he just says “Lessons have been learned”. Which lessons exactly? Just another dysfunctional cog in the sinking Titanic that *was* the Lions comeback.

Back to the basement with ya!

3. juanhughjazz says: May 22, 2012 7:15 AM

translation: got me a medical marijuana card.

4. burrito12 says: May 22, 2012 7:16 AM

“Leshoure says he’s certain he’ll be on the field in the Lions’ regular-season opener against the Rams.”

Or serving a multiple game suspension. This guy has bust written all over him.

5. daaabears says: May 22, 2012 7:46 AM

Note to self:
    Quit getting caught.

6. londonfletcher says: May 22, 2012 7:47 AM

It will never cease to amaze me how these guys will risk pissing away millions of dollars to get high.

7. billh1947 says: May 22, 2012 7:48 AM

What he learned was that he should smoke the devilweed in the comfort and safety of his living room and not in his car driving down the road,or out in public where the police can nab him for possession again,after two times caught I really dont think he is smart enough to give it up or keep it private at home though,just a matter of time before we hear from him and the devilweed once again.

8. textexington says: May 22, 2012 7:49 AM

Typical Lion trash.

9. thermalito says: May 22, 2012 7:50 AM

a pot arrest. wow what a hardened criminal. Why doesn’t get just get high the old fashioned way of professional athletes on pain meds and booze.

10. boilerup1869 says: May 22, 2012 7:51 AM

Yeah right dope man

11. garyman1 says: May 22, 2012 7:55 AM

“Mikel Leshoure says he’s learned his lesson after marijuana arrests.”

The message he took from it is: “Don’t get caught”

12. jagsfanugh says: May 22, 2012 8:30 AM

Kids will be kids. Ricky Williams clone. (as in pot head).

13. hendeeze says: May 22, 2012 8:31 AM

Leshoures to do list
    1: Press release
    2: Spot Titus an eighth

14. cash804 says: May 22, 2012 8:36 AM

Legalize it.

15. packersbound says: May 22, 2012 8:56 AM

He’s still drug luuuuu-ser period.

16. bensstinkyfingers says: May 22, 2012 9:13 AM

You forget he’s in detroit, where wake and bake is the breakfast of champions.

17. tooz72 says: May 22, 2012 9:24 AM

puhhhhlease…until the next time?

18. klunge says: May 22, 2012 9:25 AM

You’d rather regurgitate dead pointless stories than report something good. How about writing about how Stafford donated a MNF travel package for a children’s hospital charity, then bought it back for $15,000 during the auction and gave it to one of the sick kid’s families? Because you can’t stand to say anything nice about anyone on this team. I guess bashing people gets you more views and makes you feel smug.

19. 25robrown says: May 22, 2012 9:26 AM

The NFC North has issues lately. John Jolley DT of the Green Bay Packers just released from prison for a narcotics conviction. Chicago Bears wide reciever arrested for selling narcotics. Mikel Leshoure on probation for marijuana.

20. klunge says: May 22, 2012 9:33 AM

I must print a retraction, as I was not able to be online yesterday due to my work schedule, and I discovered MDS did cover the Stafford charity story. I can man up and admit I spoke out of turn this time!
    In my defense, if positive articles were more frequent and denigrating ones less frequent, I would not automatically leap the kind of assumption I previously made. Please keep unbiased reporting flowing, if you can change then so can I!

21. schmitty2 says: May 22, 2012 9:42 AM

klunge says:May 22, 2012 9:25 AM

How exactly is he badmouthing him?? And the Stafford story was posted yesterday. If your so passionate about your team not getting bad press then write a letter to them and plead with them to stop getting busted for drugs and sucker punching teamates

22. granadafan says: May 22, 2012 11:14 AM

“klunge says: May 22, 2012 9:25 AM
    Surprise! Another disparaging article on the Lions from MDS, and lots of lame followup joke attempts by his mindless cronies.”

============================================

Another deluded fan who thinks that the big bad PFT picks on their favorite {insert team or player}. First it was Favre fan, then Panther fan, then Falcons fan (does anyone actually care about the Falcons???), then Jests fan, Raider fan, Jags fan, Tebow fans, Vikes fan, Saint fan, and now another deluded Lions fan. Seriously, people, get a clue. PFT picks on everyone equally. Want to stay out of the news? Just hope your favorite {insert team or player} stops being clowns and making fools of themselves.

23. garrison1981 says: May 22, 2012 12:17 PM

Sudz28- ur an idiot if u think a Rb that didn’t play is putting us backwards! Guarantee My Lions finish higher than whoever ur team may be! Increase ur knowledge b4 anymore retardation flows out that stupid trap of yours!

24. rolloxd says: May 22, 2012 12:43 PM

For anyone that thinks pot is bad, I laugh at you.

If I was LeShore, I’d be mad that I got caught. But Pot doesn’t really effect you negatively. He’s not potentially overdosing on pain meds, or driving a vehicle ‘sauced’ like Knowshon.

He’s simply smoking and chilling out. I highly doubt any criminal acts are committed by LeShore while he’s high. Chances are he’s laughing his ass off and relaxing.

I see the problem with Players using pot, it’s against the rules. If I was getting poss tested for a job I’d stop smoking to work, but to the people acting like pot is bad for you, your highly mistaken.

25. detroitcityryda says: May 23, 2012 1:09 AM

@textexacton ur trash and your team too