Nate Burleson on Titus Young: This kind of thing happens all the time

Titus+Young+Detroit+Lions+v+Denver+Broncos+--AMjinnT0Ll Getty Images

We’re still not quite sure where wide receiver Titus Young stands with the Lions right now.

The Lions say he hasn’t been suspended for punching safety Louis Delmas at a workout last week, but Young isn’t at Detroit’s Organized Team Activities. Whether that’s just semantics, i.e. the Lions asked Young to stay away without actually suspending him, or Young is staying away for his own reasons isn’t impacting fellow wide receiver Nate Burleson’s impression of his teammate.

Burleson said he didn’t see what happened at the workout, but he doesn’t think fights between teammates are a big deal generally speaking. Burleson said that the Vikings fought all the time when he played there and he described it as the closest team that he has ever been on in the NFL. He also wants Young back with the team as soon as possible.

“Titus is probably one of the hungriest young athletes I’ve been around and that’s where a lot of his emotion and passion come from,” Burleson said. “And I feel like a lot of guys on the team are close to him, but I’ve probably been more hands on than anything. I love him like a little brother, so I’m just looking for him to get back to work.”

It’s unclear when that will happen, but Young knows he’ll have at least one player in his corner when it does.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Nate Burleson on Titus Young: This kind of thing happens all the time”
  1. faulkn22 says: May 22, 2012 4:04 PM

With the types of drills you participate in, even in high school, I took part in and witnessed little skirmishes or fights on an almost daily basis. I’m sure it is even more intense in the NFL with all that money, pride, and steroii…….. supplements.

The only thing that is off to me is the sucker punching. It’s called a sucker punch for a reason, because only suckers pull that crap.

2. cakemixa says: May 22, 2012 4:07 PM

I got me some Seagram’s gin
    Everybody got they cups but they ain’t chipped in
    Ya know this type of things, happen all the time
    You gotta get yours before I get mine

3. footballfanatic1906 says: May 22, 2012 4:24 PM

He went on to say yeah man it happens all the time in Detroit!

4. restoretheroar1 says: May 22, 2012 4:26 PM

Shouldn’t be sucker punching anyone that is the problem I have and I hope that Titus Young learns his lesson not to sucker punch your own teammate.

5. jetstizzi85 says: May 22, 2012 4:31 PM

difference being, Young punched someone when they were not even looking….definition of a PUNK

6. Soulman45 says: May 22, 2012 4:34 PM

THE GREAT DETROIT LIONS
    The players had a fight so what when they win the Super Bowl will this fight be the head line?

7. jimmylions says: May 22, 2012 6:19 PM

Josh – thanks for writing this report which puts this very minor incident into football perspective. I was beginning to wonder reality would ever be addressed

It’s football. Of course there are fights during OTAs and training camp … especially training camp. There isn’t team without fights during camp.

8. detroitcityryda says: May 23, 2012 1:05 AM

Delmas must be getting to his best since young took issue I love it .this lions team is feisty and wants to win bad the old lions are dead with the 50 year bobby boy curse .

9. malekmj says: May 23, 2012 2:11 AM

Get off our you know whats? There isn’t a team out there that didn’t wish they had Titus Young. We will get him into shape…and he will be scoring TD’s like a crazy man.