Report: Inside the NFL puts Sapp on the outside

inside-the-nfl

It’s still unknown whether NFL Network will keep Warren Sapp beyond the expiration of his contract in August.  But it is known that Showtime won’t be bringing Sapp back for Inside the NFL.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Sapp is out.  Per Jackson, Showtime has confirmed that James Brown of CBS, Phil Simms of CBS, and Cris Collinsworth of NBC will be returning.

It’s unknown whether Showtime will be replacing Sapp on the cast.  Two years ago, Showtime wanted to hire NBC’s Rodney Harrison to moonlight.  As we heard it at the time, NBC was fine with that arrangement, but CBS (which owns Showtime) didn’t want a second NBC employee on the panel.

After several weeks off the air following an outing of former Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey as the person who blew the whistle on the bounty program, Sapp has recently returned to NFL Network.

Permalink 54 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
54 Responses to “Report: Inside the NFL puts Sapp on the outside”
  1. nflmastermind says: May 25, 2012 11:25 AM

what took so long? Sapp is nothing but a loud mouth who’s in love with himself, always has been , always will be

2. cakemixa says: May 25, 2012 11:26 AM

You know what they say about karma.

3. matthewcarlson1 says: May 25, 2012 11:27 AM

Sapp is stupid, seriously. What kind of man blows millions and files bankruptcy? Also he “lost” his superbowl rings so he can keep it.

4. mitchitized says: May 25, 2012 11:28 AM

That’s the smartest move the NFL Network has made so far this offseason.

5. jakek2 says: May 25, 2012 11:33 AM

I like Sapp but he just did not belong on Inside the NFL. That show generates a completely different audience than one on NFL network or ESPN.

6. kane337 says: May 25, 2012 11:33 AM

They should replace Sapp with Troy Aikman to complete the trifecta of having the top color guys from the big 3 networks.

7. toegoat says: May 25, 2012 11:33 AM

Larry Bird says: “Sapp is F.A.T.”

8. peacensapp says: May 25, 2012 11:34 AM

They should replace him with Chad Clifton.

9. mesta1 says: May 25, 2012 11:34 AM

Sapp is a snitch for snitching on an alegged snitch

10. radrntn says: May 25, 2012 11:40 AM

this guy wants to be a raider, but he will never be one…c-ya, wouldn’t want to be ya

11. pooflingingmonkey says: May 25, 2012 11:41 AM

Part of the new breed of loudmouth TV personalities, Sapp continually lives up to his name.

He and Skip Bayless should start their own show and call it “Sapp & Crap”.

12. 1985bears says: May 25, 2012 11:45 AM

I know that we as an adult society should not revel in others’ misfortune or times of need. But I propose a seperate category where an elite group of real jerks belong in that an exemption is given. You know… Like Sapp, Owens, and the like. Kind of like S.H.E.I.L.D. but for millionaire jerks that went broke.

13. Neftali Ramos says: May 25, 2012 11:45 AM

One of the worst career moves Sapp ever made was trying to out Jeremey Shockey as the “snitch”.

14. dawgish1 says: May 25, 2012 11:46 AM

It is time to get Sean Salisbury back on TV.

15. frankiemontana says: May 25, 2012 11:50 AM

I still hope that Schockey takes him to court and if all else fails take the “missing ring”

16. unprovenprophet says: May 25, 2012 11:51 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if they replaced him with Jim Rome

17. RaiderMight says: May 25, 2012 11:52 AM

You mean to tell me we will miss out on the “stare down” as a rebuttal to every thing.

18. LoCoSu@%s says: May 25, 2012 11:53 AM

If you look past his personality, Sapp is pretty knowledgeable about the game, especially defens (I know – duh).
    Unlike guys like Deion (me first, sounds like a prozelytizer even when he talks about the NFL) or Jamie fat a@@ Dukes – who shows his bias quite openly, I’ve never seen Sapp take sides just because he didnt like a particular player or team.

19. naanunaanu says: May 25, 2012 11:53 AM

sign Brian Billick – they need a coach on the show and he is pretty good.

20. jiggy3198 says: May 25, 2012 11:55 AM

He is the biggest bum in the business. Calling shockey a snitch without verifying is the worst sort of journalism. He’s an idiot and got what was coming. What goes around comes around

21. geefan1 says: May 25, 2012 12:00 PM

How about giving Shockey a guest-host spot for a couple weeks?

22. t8ertot says: May 25, 2012 12:02 PM

I was watching a pregame show with Sapp and Irvin. All I kept thinking was, these guys are clowns!! Shut your dumb faces!

Good Riddance!

23. hedleykow says: May 25, 2012 12:03 PM

I would prefer not wasting my time watching football “experts” who for some unknown reason have difficulty picking straight up winners 35% of the time. That guy is a complete joke.

24. censoredpost says: May 25, 2012 12:14 PM

He is going to be a TV judge now. No really. “Clearly a fine choice for determining the guilt of others”-Jeremy Shockey.

25. souldogdave says: May 25, 2012 12:16 PM

I love it! I’m very tired of Sapp’s schtick, he is loud, windy, bigoted and odious. No respect.

26. torturedraiderfan says: May 25, 2012 12:19 PM

At last. I can watch Inside the NFL again. I hate Sapp with a passion. He’s one of the biggest a-holes on the planet.

27. joetoronto says: May 25, 2012 12:19 PM

Bouya, get rid of the bum.

28. mistrezzrachael says: May 25, 2012 12:24 PM

Take god awful Jamie Dukes away with him.

That guy talks like he is important, but in reality a zero.

29. irishgary says: May 25, 2012 12:26 PM

In 5 years this tard is broke and doing time.

30. ernie ernie says: May 25, 2012 12:29 PM

They’re holding his position for Suh. Suh is another Sapp, talks bigger than he plays and always tries to be in the headlines so he doesn’t get forgotten. When your forgotten you don’t get the TV deals thrown at you.
    Suh is no dope, he does most of his stuff on purpose.

31. finswins says: May 25, 2012 12:30 PM

Nobody wants to hire Warren Sapp.

Sincerely yours,
    Dolphin Nation

32. buzzardpointlookout says: May 25, 2012 12:36 PM

Always liked Sapp on INFL. Good mix between he, Simms & Collinsworth. I really don’t get all the hate for him. So what if he declared bankruptcy? It’s not like he beat you up & took your lunch money. Get over yourselves.

This has no effect on me as I cancelled Showtime a couple years ago. That network self-fellates almost as much as CBS. Frickin unwatchable.

Wait. What? CBS owns Showtime? Explains a lot.

Stop telling us that you are #1, lamebrains. Only thing you are definitely #1 at is claiming to be #1. Makes you come off as #2, if you catch my drift.

33. wyeth0813 says: May 25, 2012 12:37 PM

i like warren sapp. if he has to pay so much for one mistake, that’s terrible. i enjoy him on the air.

34. buzzardpointlookout says: May 25, 2012 12:38 PM

naanunaanu says: May 25, 2012 11:53 AM

sign Brian Billick – they need a coach on the show and he is pretty good.

___________________________

Billick on NFLN = pretty darned good

Billick as game analyst on FOX = turrible. Just turrible.

35. Canned Heat says: May 25, 2012 12:40 PM

RaiderMight says:
    May 25, 2012 11:52 AM
    ____________________________________

….and the rolling eyes, head swing backwards.

Way to hit that on the head…got a good chuckle out of that.

36. seattle49er says: May 25, 2012 12:46 PM

peacensapp says:
    May 25, 2012 11:34 AM
    They should replace him with Chad Clifton.

Haha. Well played sir

37. aliquickk says: May 25, 2012 1:00 PM

Looks like its not the Steelers defense that was too old, tired & slow. It was you. Have fun now being “Outside the NFL”, prick.

38. hedleykow says: May 25, 2012 1:07 PM

Drinks are on Mike Sherman & Jeremy Shockey tonight. See you at Happy Hour!

39. macwomack says: May 25, 2012 1:11 PM

Who has a bigger mouth?

Sapp or Mara?

40. dkeaton46 says: May 25, 2012 1:11 PM

I’m not the smartest guy in the world but can I ask what dose a persons finance have to do with his or her’s workplace ? I would like to think that is kind of personal don’t you ? what would anyone reading this do if they went to work Monday and your boss say’s by the way we looked at your bank account and did not like what we found so to make this short your fired . I don’t think that I would like that would you ?

41. jakek2 says: May 25, 2012 1:20 PM

cont….Banks would also give the show the missing perspective from the defensive side of the ball.

42. Soulman45 says: May 25, 2012 1:36 PM

They should get SOULMAN45 he got some free time.

43. jakek2 says: May 25, 2012 1:42 PM

My Carl Banks recommendation was censored (surprise, surprise) simply because I said he was the perfect replacement for Sapp. I won’t say why because I’ll be censored again but I think you all can figure out the reason.

44. fcs34 says: May 25, 2012 1:48 PM

Dislike Sapp all you like but putting Jeremy Shockey on TV, like some people on here suggest, is not the solution to anything. Ever. For any reason.

45. jjpetes says: May 25, 2012 2:03 PM

It seems to be a real challenge to find ex-players who are good on TV.

46. tatum064 says: May 25, 2012 2:29 PM

aliquickk says:
    May 25, 2012 1:00 PM

=============

Sounds like somebody still sounds butt hurt that Sapp was talking about “old, tired and slow” after a 35-7 trip to the woodshed by the Ravens in 2011…. i might add that walkoff playoff TD pass from Tebow must not have sucked too much , either.

I dont like Sapp, either but get over that…..its a new season, Steeler fan.

47. laeagle says: May 25, 2012 2:33 PM

Oh thank god. I used to LOVE the show when it was on HBO. Great panel. Then it moved to showtime. And Sapp. Sapp completely ruined the show for me. He’s an idiot whose voice added nothing to an intelligent conversation about football. The best part of ITNFL was how much more intelligent and insightful it was compared to all the other crap out there, like ESPN. Signing Sapp on just dragged the show down to the ESPN level.

Love the idea of Skip Bayless and Sapp hosting a show. Kind of like watching Hitler and Stalin prior to WW2.

48. laeaglefan says: May 25, 2012 2:59 PM

Donovan McNabb is going to be Sapp’s replacement on “Inside The NFL”. Count on it.

49. lebrack27 says: May 25, 2012 3:15 PM

Come on people. I think Sapp is hilarious on TV. He needs to get his facts checked b4 reporting them. Other than love him Inside the NFL.

50. jeradrom says: May 25, 2012 3:16 PM

Maybe it will be Tim Hardaway. Or how about Skip Bayless. LOL

51. scratchnpost1234 says: May 25, 2012 4:09 PM

I don’t have a problem with Sapp, and a lot of what I’m reading sounds like sour grapes. People REALLY want to replace him with Jere-ME Shockey. Since when did Shockey become an upstanding choirboy? Or Captain Chunky soup McFlabb? T.O. got dogged for calling out his QB in the SB, but his claim was backed up by the Shanahans and McNabb was the one puking during the SB and T.O. was catching 120 some yards worth of balls on a broken ankle. Sapp was a nice change of pace to Simms and Collinsworth. Sapp’s a scapegoat in this whole Shockey thing, and SOMEBODY snitched on the Saints. Anybody other then Shockey ever say it wasn’t him?

52. arlingtonassasin says: May 25, 2012 4:46 PM

Sapp is better than Michael Irvin wigging out at the camera every chance he gets. Why TV execs think flamboyant and annoying players translate into good broadcasters is beyond me. Then they have good guys like moose, Aikman, goose etc. Don’t they get it at all??

53. raiderapologist says: May 25, 2012 6:53 PM

unprovenprophet says: May 25, 2012 11:51 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if they replaced him with Jim Rome

They would have to clear the set. That gasbag isn’t sharing the spotlight.

54. chazatlas says: May 28, 2012 11:52 AM

I’m glad Sapp is back on tv.