Donald Driver says he’s got a deal done with the Packers

Getty Images

On Tuesday, Donald Driver made it clear that he plans to play for the Packers this season.

There weren’t any doubts expressed about his diminished role on the team nor any specifics about discussions with the team about the pay cut he would have to take to remain in town, just confidence that Driver would be making the journey from the dance floor back to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. His confidence appears to have been well-founded.

“Tweeps: when I said I will be a Packer for life. It is now true. Packer for life,” Driver wrote on Twitter Tuesday night.

Driver’s agent Jordan Woy sent an email to WTMJ confirming that Driver and the team have reached agreement on terms, but that they need to be finalized on Wednesday. There’s no word on what those terms might be — Driver was set to make a $1.5 million roster bonus and $2.6 million in salary — or if Driver will be at OTAs on Wednesday with his teammates, but those details are less important than the headline of Driver being back in Green Bay for a 14th season.

27 responses to “Donald Driver says he’s got a deal done with the Packers

1. That’s the classy way to handle your all-time leading receiver….unlike a certain black and gold team who forced theirs into retirement.

2. It’s so nice to see that both sides could see clearly and get this done. DD is a fan favorite and he still has got a little somethin’ in the tank. It will be cool to see him “Waltz” into the endzone a few more times, lol.

3. Nice. He’s still a quality player. And, I think this might be the beginning of a good run this year. You’ll see this team drive forward with a purpose that you’ve never seen before from an NFL team. Go. Pack. Go.

4. Driver is such a quality guy and respected teammate that the Packers should pay him just to be on the roster, play special teams, if that’s the only spot, and influence the young guys.

5. I’m glad to see he got what he wanted..Mile.High Salute from a Broco fan! DD is a player which all other players should strive to be like.

6. Sentimentality should not win out over what a player can contribute. I doubt he will make the team once they get into camp and start looking at the numbers. He’s a #5 receiver who can’t play special teams.

7. thankheavenfornumberseven says:May 30, 2012 9:53 AM

————-

At least he’ll be at OTAs this week, unlike you’re #5 receiver, Harvin, oops, I mean your #1 receiver (he’d be #5 on our team). Practicing when you want to practice, that’s the only legacy Favre left behind in Minny….

8. Has DD lost a step? Yes. Can you all stop with the MEDIA induced thought that he is no better than a #5 receiver? Yes. Geez you would think that you all could think for yourselves.

9. Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 30, 2012 10:16 AM

thankheavenfornumberseven says:May 30, 2012 9:53 AM

————-

___________

Congratulations. Since you can’t get out of the first round of the playoffs, I guess you can be satisfied with winning OTAs.

10. threedeep1998 says:
    May 30, 2012 10:30 AM

Only thing likeable in GB
    —————————-
    Somebody else who’s never been to Green Bay.

11. I’m obviously not a Packer fan; however, I am a Driver fan 😉 Wouldn’t the NFL be a finer place if all the players had his integrity, both on and off the field?? I think so!

12. LOL, hilarious. Gotta love all the thumbs-down and comments from Packer haters. Bunch of stupid idiots. Oh well. All that matters, is that Ted, Mike, and Aaron shoved it all up Favre’s ass with a big XLV, and there’s nothing any haters can ever do about it.

Awesome.

13. One nice thing about being a Packer Fan …. I haven’t had my heart broken about how the organization manages our football team and our players. I have great respect for how the team is managed.

Yes, we’ve had to say good-bye to some wonderful individuals (e.g. Aaron Kampen) and exceptional players (Brett), but there is always a logical foundation under those highly visible personnel moves that permits me to understand without breaking my heart.

Here’s hoping Donald will catch one in the end zone in the next Super Bowl using some acrobatic move he learned while dancing. It would be so much fun to see that.

Go PACK go !!!!!

14. Good news. He’s one of the greatest Packers ever and truly a class act all the way?

15. Um, hope it’s not a curse…..the last “Lifetime Player” was refused roster moves to protect him and showed the door. Arron became “The Human Punching (or Sacking) Bag,” still has to get us to #2 and win…..just saying. The bounty system was a nice touch too…..

16. Donald is one of my all time favorite players for all the good reasons people post, wish all players played with style and integrity…..He’s fun loving and that is great as well.

17. Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 30, 2012 10:16 AM

thankheavenfornumberseven says:May 30, 2012 9:53 AM

————-

______

I guess you didn’t see the video of Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson racing up a hill at OTA this week.