Jason Babin won’t be running with the bulls

Jason Babin Pic Getty Images

Eagles defensive end Jason Babin allegedly had plans to run with the bulls in Spain this summer, a decision that put him under fire amongst teammates and NFL observers. Eagles management also couldn’t have been too pleased, had Babin followed through. They’re planning to pay him about $6 million this season.

Babin told the Wilmington News Journal that it was never a serious consideration, though, and he won’t be running with the bulls.

“I’m not sure what you guys are talking about,” said Babin, playing dumb. “I’m a little confused. I’m not a big basketball fan but growing up I was a Bulls fan. I’m confused. I have a lot of bulls on my farm in Texas.”

Babin said he doesn’t “even have a passport” that would allow him to get to Spain in the first place.

So that ends that.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
29 Responses to “Jason Babin won’t be running with the bulls”
  1. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 2, 2012 7:14 PM

Sadly, Babin only found out later that flaming hot pink gloves both enraged the bulls, and aroused them at the same time.

2. gmen4life33 says: Jun 2, 2012 7:14 PM

So you just wanted attention….

3. fballguy says: Jun 2, 2012 7:20 PM

How does he not have a passport? All that money for travel and he stays in the U.S.? You can’t even go to the caribbean without one. Damn X-Box generation.

4. cletusvandam says: Jun 2, 2012 7:21 PM

He won’t be winning any Superbowls either.

5. dogluverssuck says: Jun 2, 2012 7:42 PM

Mike Vick said he would pursuade him.

Mission accomplished.

Thats what leaders do.

6. patriots55 says: Jun 2, 2012 7:54 PM

dogluverssuck:
    You clearly dont know what your talking about mike Vick did not persuade him losing 6 million $ did

7. randallflagg52 says: Jun 2, 2012 8:14 PM

He would’ve let the bulls run right past him like he does running backs.

8. kingcarlbanks says: Jun 2, 2012 8:18 PM

Go ahead and do it Jason, you only live once. I doubt those bulls would want a piece of a big burly man such as yourself!

Yours Truly,
    A Giants Fan

9. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 2, 2012 8:22 PM

Jason will miss a chance to be immortalizes. Spain was planning to rename the famous Sangre de Toro wine, (Blood of the Bull), Sangre de Babin.

10. dogluverssuck says: Jun 2, 2012 9:05 PM

11. ogarcz says: Jun 2, 2012 9:16 PM

He doesn’t need a passport he’s a NFL player

12. fatfreddystubbs says: Jun 2, 2012 9:20 PM

Mike Vick said he would pursuade him.

Mission accomplished.

Thats what leaders do.
    ————————————————–
    Actually I’d rather he “lead” the Eagles to more than zero playoff wins in two years, but i guess since he can’t do that, talking some defensive lineman out of going to Spain is okay too.

13. east96st says: Jun 2, 2012 9:43 PM

“It must suck being a Giant fan when after winning the superbowl and Vegas predicts them missing the playoffs.”

Are you kidding? C’mon! Winning the Super Bowl is the greatest feeling a fan can have. Two in five years? Unbelievable. It’s just an amazing high that makes you jump out of bed every morning and nothing Vegas can say brings you down. Surely you remember feeling that way when the Eagles won the Super Bowl, right? Oh, wait…
    God, are Philly fans stupid!! You just walk into it year after year after year. Let us know when your “leader” wins the only game that matters. Until then, enjoy your delusions of grandeur, assclowns. BTW – Vegas had the Giants as high as 80 to 1 odds on winning the Super Bowl last year. How did that turn out for you?

14. upyoursnfu says: Jun 2, 2012 9:44 PM

@dogluverssuck

It must suck being a Eagles fan who has never experienced the thrill of his team winning the Superbowl.

15. joeyd524 says: Jun 2, 2012 9:51 PM

Haha he’s worried about what Vegas says,he’s probaly never been to Vegas..after winning the big game again,the giants have an automatic 5 yr exemption..we can just sit back and relax and watch Vick muck it up..

16. phillybirds says: Jun 2, 2012 10:15 PM

thegreatgabbert says:
    Jun 2, 2012 7:14 PM

==================================

Making fun of people for breast cancer awareness?? Idiot.

17. trollhammer20 says: Jun 2, 2012 10:25 PM

“Running with the bulls is for wimps. I’m actually going to summit K2.”

18. fatfreddystubbs says: Jun 2, 2012 10:41 PM

God, are Philly fans stupid!!
    ————————————————-
    @east96st,
    I’m a Philly fan and I called out dogluversuck’s stupidity right above your post. don’t group us all together.

Besides, I don’t think dogluversuck is even an Eagles fan as much as he’s just a brain-dead Vick lover that would give him blind loyalty regardless of who he played for.

19. queensnyvegas says: Jun 2, 2012 10:41 PM

vegas predicts giants is not going to the playoffs egals stink go go giants

20. cooklynn17 says: Jun 2, 2012 10:52 PM

Well philybird is form Philadelphia, low class trash so what did u expect. What a complete moron.

Babin better worry about running with the Giants.

21. juangargoyle says: Jun 2, 2012 11:06 PM

queensnyvegas says:
    Jun 2, 2012 10:41 PM
    vegas predicts giants is not going to the playoffs egals stink go go giants

————————

I predict you don’t know how to spell, and I was right.

22. 805_9er says: Jun 3, 2012 12:17 AM

I’d pay to watch Andy Reid run with the bulls…

23. dawglb says: Jun 3, 2012 12:22 AM

He Should have been this concerned about running with the Bills, …last year….

24. deertay says: Jun 3, 2012 2:34 AM

What does playing video games have to do with not having a passport ? I doubt that every baby-boomer has one.

25. eaglestateofmind415 says: Jun 3, 2012 5:24 AM

That’s good to hear. We don’t need anymore Philadelphia athletes to outrun any Bulls. That happened too much in this past first round in the NBA Playoffs!

26. mungman69 says: Jun 3, 2012 8:55 AM

Ok, so this is over.

27. melonheadsdaddy says: Jun 3, 2012 9:08 AM

Fatfreddy, thank you. All you NY fans and your disdain for all that is Philadelphia makes it easy for you to group all of us together. I love my city, I admit our faults, and I’m clamoring for a Lombardi, but will never make fun of a team (regardless of the fact Philly owns them in the regular season, which only counts in, well, the regular season) who has won a super bowl 2x in 5 years. But I will make fun of the idiot queensnyvegas for his lack of knowledge of the English language. The giants ARE not…tense issues bud. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

28. fang41 says: Jun 3, 2012 10:37 AM

Every time Babin opens his mouth he runs with the bull.

29. merc3375 says: Jun 4, 2012 11:19 AM

@mellonheadsdaddy — Thank you for making my day. My thoughts exactly!!