T.O. demands $160,000 from Wranglers, and a retraction

Terrell Owens

The real-life reality show of a man who’d love nothing more than to star in a perpetual reality show on every major network continues.

Receiver Terrell Owens has demanded $160,000 and a retraction from the Allen Wranglers, according to (who else?) TMZ.com.

Per the report, Owens’ lawyers sent a letter to the team on Friday, seeking payment and an about-face as to the public allegation that he missed an event at a children’s hospital.

The deadline for giving T.O. what he wants is Tuesday at high noon.  Otherwise, he’ll initiate the legal process via the unusual perspective of the person who is seeking a cash payment.

The Wranglers cut Owens several days ago, claiming in a public press release that his failure to attend the event at the children’s hospital was the final straw in a series of actions that proved him to be a bad teammate.

Permalink 35 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
35 Responses to “T.O. demands $160,000 from Wranglers, and a retraction”
  1. dprouse says: Jun 3, 2012 3:52 PM

If I am an NFL GM with a raft of receiver injuries mid-season, I am signing any street free agent with a pulse before I bring this freak show into my dressing room…

2. fraleyr says: Jun 3, 2012 4:27 PM

I wouldn’t give T.O. A job flipping burgers. Can’t wait to see what happens to this loser in 15 years

3. maximusprime107 says: Jun 3, 2012 4:28 PM

For someone who wants back in the NFL, he’s doing everything the wrong way. You’d think he would have learned by now, but some people will never change

4. pacificnw7722 says: Jun 3, 2012 4:40 PM

“The deadline for giving T.O. what he wants is Tuesday at high noon.”

Getcha popcorn ready!!

5. ctiggs says: Jun 3, 2012 4:57 PM

i’m sure there is more to this story, the guy can’t even start to fix his life if never given the chance. Every media out let, fans, and etc rips this guy. He doesn’t do drugs , beats women or gets arrested , but he is americas most hated athlete. I know he has alot he needs to change, but when he is right or wrong the guy cant catch a break mainly becuase the media hates him.

6. ashnf says: Jun 3, 2012 5:00 PM

He has every right to go after the organization. His contract wasn’t fulfilled by them and they’ve done a lot of things wrong in the situation. And lied. The appearance was May 3rd. He played in two games following that. If it was THAT BIG of a deal, he should’ve been released then. AND he wasn’t even informed of his release BY the cowardly organization. Every story has two sides. From an EXPERIENCED stand point about the man, I truly enjoyed him, as did his teammates and coaches. Sad he’s getting belittled due to his past and even more pathetic that people who don’t even know him bash on him. Damn shame.

7. brintfatre says: Jun 3, 2012 5:15 PM

Still a better team mate than first round HOFer Brett Favre!

8. agc99 says: Jun 3, 2012 5:20 PM

No more T.O. stories.

9. denverscott says: Jun 3, 2012 5:24 PM

ctiggs says: Jun 3, 2012 4:57 PM

People hate him because he is a petulant little, media who re that never shuts his trap. He’s all ME ME ME.

10. neagle64 says: Jun 3, 2012 5:40 PM

How far TO’s come from ’25 million reasons to live’…

11. ashnf says: Jun 3, 2012 5:42 PM

I don’t believe HE calls the media. The media calls him. Why wouldn’t he talk to them about himself? That’s what they want!

12. mjkelly77 says: Jun 3, 2012 5:58 PM

ctiggs says:Jun 3, 2012 4:57 PM

_______________

Never gixen the chance? What do you think the Allen Wranglers gave him?

13. ndnut says: Jun 3, 2012 6:01 PM

According to an interview with the coach of my town’s team in the IFL, he heated that the problems occurred in the fact that he didn’t go to road games or sign autographs as is customary in the league. This caused problems in the locker room and cutting him was the easiest solution.

14. bangitfootball says: Jun 3, 2012 6:06 PM

We could of told the Wranglers front office this wouldnt end well before they even signed this nut job.

15. tommyf15 says: Jun 3, 2012 6:37 PM

Hate to stick to the subject, but what if the Wranglers really did violate his contract and thus, owe him $160,000?

Not saying they did or didn’t. I don’t know and neither do you.

And LOL at the people acting as if Owens suing an AFL team is the reason he won’t get a job in the NFL. Owens won’t be playing WR in the NFL this year for the same reasons Jerry Rice and Steve Largent won’t be.

16. outlawjerseywhales says: Jun 3, 2012 7:13 PM

“T.O. demands $160,000 from Wranglers, and a retraction…”
    ———————————————————-
    The Wranglers will simply pay him out of the huge warchest their multi-billion dollar TV contract, season ticket sales and game day walkups afforded them!

17. billh1947 says: Jun 3, 2012 7:36 PM

Does anybody really care whats going on with TOs life?why? would be nice if he just faded away like the snow in the spring.

18. laeaglefan says: Jun 3, 2012 7:38 PM

Who the hell are the Allen Wranglers anyway???

19. cowboyscanada says: Jun 3, 2012 7:48 PM

I have tried to support T.O. over the years,,,I.m done.

20. ratbastardshanahandjob says: Jun 3, 2012 7:52 PM

“T.O. demands $160,000 from Wranglers, and a retraction…”

“And to the hata’s who said I wouldn’t get my money. We’re laughing in ya face T.O, haha that’s funny”……

21. covercorner says: Jun 3, 2012 8:06 PM

T.O. requested the $160,000 all on a Popeye’s gift card.

22. pftcensorssuck says: Jun 3, 2012 8:29 PM

So T.O. has just 160,ooo reasons to live today?

As the man said, “get yer popcorn ready”

23. bigtganks says: Jun 3, 2012 9:12 PM

I have a feeling T.O. is going to take his own life within 5 years. I’m not hatin’, certainly not hoping, I just have a feeling it could come to that for him.

24. patfic15 says: Jun 3, 2012 9:13 PM

See him in 15 years ??? Not unless he gets his stuff in order.

25. tommyf15 says: Jun 3, 2012 9:16 PM

covercorner says: T.O. requested the $160,000 all on a Popeye’s gift card.

Ah, I get it. Owens is black, Popeye’s sells chicken, and covercorner’s racist remark has seven thumbs ups and counting.

Nice to see the real reason why so many here hate Owens.

26. thetooloftools says: Jun 3, 2012 9:27 PM

T.O. – you brought this all on yourself. The NFL is not blackballing you, you are blackballing yourself. Another problem, another excuse. If you were a great locker room guy and a team pal, it would be different but you are neither. Stop playing “the victim” and just go away because your not only not wanted in the NFL, but also the IFL or any place else. I know you had a troubled youth…. your a man now… start acting like it.

27. johnnyjagfan says: Jun 3, 2012 9:37 PM

T.O. just needs a good shrink.

28. johnnyjagfan says: Jun 3, 2012 9:38 PM

Allen Wranglers said they drafted him for P.R. reasons. Well, whadda ya got?

29. duanethomas says: Jun 3, 2012 10:32 PM

tommyf15 says:
    Jun 3, 2012 9:16 PM
    covercorner says: T.O. requested the $160,000 all on a Popeye’s gift card.

Nice to see the real reason why so many here hate Owens.

PFT allows this but its clear the hate goes beyond the athletic arena. These Ritz’s are something aint they.

30. sixjak says: Jun 4, 2012 12:55 AM

Hmmmmm, TO was functional when he played with Steve Young. Steve if you’re listening can you help this poor guy out? In life? He was so good when he played for the 9ers.

31. anygivenwednesday13 says: Jun 4, 2012 6:44 AM

TO has effectively painted himself into a very lonesome corner: he could have been (stressed could have!) a interesting personality on someone’s pre-game show … now I think it’s safe to say the NFL, IFL, NBC, Fox, ESPN, or even NFL Network would touch this DB (yes I’m aware he’s not a defensive back).

Maybe there’s a Pop-Warner team who’s a little shallow at the receiver position.

32. norcalirish says: Jun 4, 2012 7:25 AM

duanethomas fights racism WITH racism. It’s like a cat trying to catch its tail.

33. rajbais says: Jun 4, 2012 8:46 AM

I hate to sound delusional, but I get the feeling he’ll get paid at least five figures.

I don’t think he’s desperate for cash, but when you mess with this guy he’s going to wanna fight back!!!

34. rajbais says: Jun 4, 2012 8:50 AM

I truly do feel that he’s going to get paid no matter what and it will be at least five figures!!!

I do not think that he is desperate for money right now; I just think that the team got under his skin and he wants to fight!!!

35. bbk1000 says: Jun 4, 2012 9:11 AM

————————————-
    tommyf15 says:Jun 3, 2012 9:16 PM

covercorner says: T.O. requested the $160,000 all on a Popeye’s gift card.

Nice to see the real reason why so many here hate Owens.

————————————–

It’s ridiculous and sad that this comment is getting so many thumbs up, I agree.

As far as people hating T.O. because he is black, I don’t buy it. People hate Owens because he’s an idiot.

The same goes for Merril Hoge, Jim Rome, Warren Sapp and Chris Berman, all are annoying idiots, regardless of color.