Terrell Suggs: I’m going to shock a lot of people

2012 Cartoon Network Hall of Game Awards - Green Carpet Arrivals Getty Images

Terrell Suggs isn’t coming close to backing down on his pledge to be back on the field for the Ravens this year.

Nowhere close, as a matter of fact. Suggs might even be pushing more of his chips into the center of the table. Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun spoke to Suggs and the 2011 Defensive Player of the Year said that late November would be the latest he’d be back from his Achilles injury.

“I’m going to shock a lot of people when I’m coming out of that tunnel,” Suggs said. “I’m in a boot already working on flexibility, getting back that range of motion. Next week, we’re going to start a little walking and working side to side. I won’t say I’m ahead of schedule, but I’m a lot better than I, the doctors and rehab therapist thought. I kept telling people it wasn’t as bad as some people made it out to be.”

Suggs also suggested that the injury came as a result of pushing himself too hard too early in the offseason. There has been talk that the Ravens could try to get some money back from Suggs because he was working out away from the team’s facility, but Suggs said he’s heard nothing of what he termed “petty gossip.”

The Ravens share Suggs’ hopeful outlook about a 2012 return although it is far too early to know if Suggs will be proven correct.

Permalink 49 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
49 Responses to “Terrell Suggs: I’m going to shock a lot of people”
  1. rc33 says: Jun 4, 2012 5:00 PM

By using a three syllable word in a sentence?

2. fraleyr says: Jun 4, 2012 5:04 PM

as a bengals fan i hope he comes back to early, as a person i wish you the best lol

3. weekendatberniemadoffs says: Jun 4, 2012 5:15 PM

jon beason had a partial tear, rushed back to week one of last season, and blew it out completely. be careful what you wish for!

4. hookem6903 says: Jun 4, 2012 5:16 PM

Well, Terrell, so far all you’ve done is run your mouth, which is shocking to no one.

5. Steeley McBeam says: Jun 4, 2012 5:18 PM

0-16

6. pleasantsurpriselefty says: Jun 4, 2012 5:21 PM

He might be on the field but will he have the same explosion off the ball that he had before? I doubt it and if he tries to come back too soon he’ll re-tweak it. Love his enthusiam but hope he’ll use his head…………….. On second thought hopefully someone else with a real head will step in and stop him from himself.

7. beerbaron says: Jun 4, 2012 5:21 PM

You’d think Ravens players would learn from Billy Cundiff what happens when you rush to get on the field.

Wide left!!! Wide left!!!

8. t8ertot says: Jun 4, 2012 5:25 PM

Suggs or no Suggs, the bengals will run over the ravens d

9. stairwayto7 says: Jun 4, 2012 5:26 PM

Can’t wait to see t-Sizzles other Achillies sizzle like a piece of bacon!

10. ricknau says: Jun 4, 2012 5:38 PM

the ravens lost their window. Flacco is terrible and the only chance they had was because the texans and steelers went into the playoffs with hurt QBs. 2012 its back to usual in the AFC north.

11. 2dollarpbrs says: Jun 4, 2012 5:44 PM

Try shutting up for a 1 whole day and everyone will be shocked

12. stlsteelerfan says: Jun 4, 2012 5:52 PM

t8tertot:

The Bengals couldn’t run over a troop of girl scouts.

Their running game doesn’t scare anyone.

13. ravenator says: Jun 4, 2012 6:01 PM

what a beast, you could only wish he was on your team. keep on hating haters

14. nevermore52 says: Jun 4, 2012 6:01 PM

All of you are haters. That is all. PLAY LIKE A RAVEN.

15. EJ says: Jun 4, 2012 6:04 PM

He will not be the player he was before.

16. bettis3636 says: Jun 4, 2012 6:07 PM

Alllllllll he does is run his mouth… No one can forget that all the Ravens have to compete in games is Suggs and Rice… And they BOTH aren’t actively playing… SHUT UR BUCK TOOTH MOUTH!

17. watermelon1 says: Jun 4, 2012 6:15 PM

If Flacco hasnt improved, and that offense can’t keep the ravens in playoff contention through November… Then I doubt Suggs risks coming back this season at all.

He’ll heal up and be ready for when they let Tyrod Taylor finally have his shot.

18. vasteelerfan says: Jun 4, 2012 6:16 PM

Still rent free in ravenators tiny head. I wish t-sizzle a speedy recovery.

19. thrstr says: Jun 4, 2012 6:18 PM

I won’t be shocked when you come back too early and end your career, take your time and do it right dumbass!

20. t8ertot says: Jun 4, 2012 6:20 PM

“The Bengals couldn’t run over a troop of girl scouts”

I was metaphorically speaking, Steelers fan. The red rifle will only get better. Bengals win the north!!!

21. swagjag says: Jun 4, 2012 6:29 PM

None of those people will be a dentist.

22. stuartscottslefteye says: Jun 4, 2012 7:10 PM

The guy is a beast. I remember him bringing Big Ben down a couple of times in a playoff game – with only one functioning arm.

23. philahitman says: Jun 4, 2012 7:12 PM

T sizzle sounds like a guy whos gonna reinjure himself pushing too hard too soon.

24. steelymcbeam6 says: Jun 4, 2012 7:23 PM

@ricknau…Well said my friend.

And As usual the exact same comments over and over from ravenator. Maybe you should rub your two IQ points together and see if it would create a big enough spark to actually come up with an original and valid opinion.

25. peytonsneck18 says: Jun 4, 2012 7:25 PM

will he get rid of his baby teeth too? why rush back ? u still get yr full pay, and u might make yr injury even worse, sit out the year and come back next year, this has disaster written all over it

26. ceejayb says: Jun 4, 2012 7:34 PM

When Suggs was healthy. People called him “overrated”.

Now that he’s injured “we can’t win”. Pick a lane people!

27. bdawkins20 says: Jun 4, 2012 7:39 PM

what would be shocking is if he actually shut up for a week about his return. we all know he will come back early and hurt it again. so who really cares until the rubber hits the road.

28. ballboy48 says: Jun 4, 2012 7:40 PM

Ball So Hard, Fall So Hard! Ravens fans are all bandwagoners, and once this team starts losing season after season, they’ll be jumping ship into the Chesapeake. How does one become a Ravens fan anyways? Just curious, did you secretly like the “real” Browns before they left Cleveland?

29. dawhorsefeathers says: Jun 4, 2012 8:00 PM

@ballboy48

Just speaking for myself, but I became a Ravens fan when we took your garbage team in 1996. It was fun watching Ozzie turn it into a Super Bowl champ, and I’m frankly really glad we left your garbage history and colors in your garbage city.

30. dawhorsefeathers says: Jun 4, 2012 8:02 PM

BTW, nice almond joy there, Sizzle.

31. heyzeus143 says: Jun 4, 2012 8:07 PM

you’re gonna get whacked by a new black n gold O line :-) come on chump, please come back too early

32. mclovinib says: Jun 4, 2012 8:19 PM

tool

33. billhicks666 says: Jun 4, 2012 8:36 PM

steelymcbeam6 says:

“Maybe you should rub your two IQ points together and see if it would create a big enough spark to actually come up with an original and valid opinion.”

Rub your two IQ points together? Really?? The most pathetic part is, it probably took you all afternoon to come up with that gem.

34. ravenator says: Jun 4, 2012 8:43 PM

What black and good Oline? The one that had Ben running for his life last season, oh okay cool!

35. tweeter75 says: Jun 4, 2012 8:44 PM

You got hurt playing basketball…..shut up and stop trying to play down a very serious injury.

He must be worried about the “petty gossip.”

36. infectorman says: Jun 4, 2012 8:57 PM

He’s gonna the active first NFL player to come out of the closet.
    Obviously, he has a “thing” for Brady….

37. randallflagg52 says: Jun 4, 2012 8:58 PM

Hmmm… Can’t tell if all these anti-raven posters are stupid or just trolls…

38. steelymcbeam6 says: Jun 4, 2012 9:04 PM

@bill

Whats more pathetic is not having anything relevant to say back so you just repost my comment and say “took you all afternoon to think of that?” how juvenile of you…man up and think of a big boy response instead of using responses used by adolescence. might as well have said I know you are but what am I.

39. theageofquarrel says: Jun 4, 2012 9:09 PM

dawhorsefeathers says: Jun 4, 2012 8:00 PM

@ballboy48

——————————————————
    Yeah,that ONE whole title 12 YEARS ago.
    So,where are all the other titles?
    Ravens= Champs at running their yaps and coming up short 11 YEARS in a row

40. vasteelerfan says: Jun 4, 2012 9:32 PM

Billhicks666. You have to love that gem! Not something you learn in baltimores fine schools. Wait …. You never went. Cundiff wide right. Rent free in ravenators Tiny head!!!!!!

41. jiggy3198 says: Jun 4, 2012 9:34 PM

I am so tired of the ravens haters. This team had won more games than any team over the past four years. Made it to two afc championships and is the only team in the nfl to go to and win at least one playoff game. We have the most dominating defense and running game as well as a qb that has set several nfl records over his short career including winning more games than any qb in first four years only qb to win playoff game in first four years should I keep going. Stop hating. There is plenty of room on this train. Ravens ’12

42. davego6 says: Jun 4, 2012 10:31 PM

Steelers fan here! Bring it on, we real Steeler fans want to beat the best, we want the best opposition against us, as we wouldn’t want it any other way as we’re shining our 7th ring!

43. stlsteelerfan says: Jun 4, 2012 11:56 PM

ravenator:

He said “NEW black and gold o-line.” As in, not the old one. I know, reading is tough work.

The Steelers drafted o linemen in the 1st and 2nd rounds. The NEW o-line has 4 guys who were drafted in the first or second round in the past three years (one them being Pouncey)

NEW O-line is now going to be a strength.

44. gmoedc says: Jun 5, 2012 4:51 AM

@steelymcbeam6
    I’m no fan of any AFC team but the rubbing IQ points together was pretty lame. No one needs to come up with something witty to tell you that you are not.

@randallflagg52
    “Their horrible grammar, sentance structure, wit (lack of), punctuation and ideas make it hard to tell.”
    ——
    It’s funny you wrote that and spelled “sentence wrong”. I agree with you though.

I’m just here to hate on haters.

45. gmoedc says: Jun 5, 2012 4:52 AM

@steelymcbeam6

@randallflagg52
    ——

I’m just here to hate on haters. I guess that makes me one. Oh well.

46. sudz28 says: Jun 5, 2012 7:11 AM

“I remember him bringing Big Ben down a couple of times in a playoff game…”

I remember that too, but I can’t quite remember all of it. How did those games end again?

I do hope he is back on the field and 100% for the Steeler games though, they simply won’t be the same without T-Sizzle in the lineup.

47. lovefootball4life says: Jun 5, 2012 10:32 AM

randallflagg52 says: Jun 4, 2012 8:58 PM

Hmmm… Can’t tell if all these anti-raven posters are stupid or just trolls…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Its always the same crowd too with nothing really original to add and not a lot of football facts to back up their statements.

I wish PFT had a “reputation” score. Higher reps elevate your comments, lower reps drop to you the end and eventually off PFT.

48. kaieye says: Jun 5, 2012 4:20 PM

One thing Ravens and Steelers fans can agree on…isn’t it cute when Bengals and Browns fans leave these adorable little quips and jabs on articles about our teams? I’ve almost forgotten what it’s like to root for a losing franchise year after year (although I live in DC so I have to deal with the Skins).

49. randallflagg52 says: Jun 5, 2012 9:02 PM

gmoedc says:Jun 5, 2012 4:52 AM

@steelymcbeam6

@randallflagg52
    ——

I’m just here to hate on haters. I guess that makes me one. Oh well.

==================================

HAHA yeah, I didn’t say point out their spelling because I am horrible at it and didn’t want to draw attention to it.