Titus Young says all is well with Louis Delmas

Titus Young AP

The Lions welcomed wide receiver Titus Young back to Organized Team Activities last week, but he did not address his absence for punching safety Louis Delmas with the media until Monday.

Young said that he and Delmas are getting along fine after their little dust-up and that they are joking around without incident while in the weight room. Young also talked about apologizing to the team last week for his behavior, something he said he felt he needed to do because he put himself above the rest of the team, and explained why he thinks some time away from the team might turn out to be a good thing for him.

“Anytime you get time away from a situation, whether it’s a relationship, whether it’s football, whether it’s interviewing, you get time to see what’s really important, to put things in perspective, and time heals all wounds, I believe,” Young said, via Anwar Richardson of MLive.com. “Anytime you go through anything, maybe sometimes you need some time off to sit back and think and reflect and think about the city of Detroit and think about the kids who wish they were in my position right now, think about the owner of the organization, Mr. Ford, and think about what he invested in me. Just think about a lot of things that you really can’t think about sometimes when you’re sitting in a situation.”

Young said that he doesn’t plan to talk about the incident with Delmas any longer because he’s only interested in the future. He also wouldn’t answer questions about whether or not he got counseling as a result of his punch.

The time away doesn’t seem to have hurt Young on the field. Richardson tweeted Monday morning that no one on the Lions could defend him. Assuming Young’s telling the truth about all being well in the locker room, it probably wasn’t because they were afraid of getting punched if they came too close to Young.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
16 Responses to “Titus Young says all is well with Louis Delmas”
  1. suhnum1fan says: Jun 4, 2012 2:11 PM

Welcome back Titus!

2. lolb23 says: Jun 4, 2012 2:13 PM

______________________________

did you think of this hilarious line all by yourself or did a toaster help you?

3. anygivenwednesday13 says: Jun 4, 2012 2:19 PM

Man if that was a genuine answer: he said all the right things.

Good for him.

Meantime: if I’m Delmas … I’m saying “ya ‘bro we’re all rainbows & sunshine,” and then I’m sending him to a plastic surgeon after I get done breaking his nose.

4. gordyb7 says: Jun 4, 2012 2:27 PM

Titus Young is a very talented receiver. He just started to scratch the surface last year of what he can do. He’s both quick and fast and catches almost everything.

5. dwntwnbadboy19 says: Jun 4, 2012 2:29 PM

Boys will be boys, who cares? I have sucker punched and been sucker punched, at least they not acting like a couple women and letting it build up to cause a life long battle. They probably respect each other more after what happened.

6. EJ says: Jun 4, 2012 3:21 PM

Scuffles on the field during team practice is not unheard of, Its just not good for the team. I guarantee that one of the two of them started talking out of their a-s and it kept building up, then boom… temper got the best of them and they crossed the line. The two of them may never truly get along, but they need to keep it zipped up for the teams sake. I’ve seen teams(H.S.) become divided because of stuff like this, players picking sides and it gets too far, far enough to hurt the team in the end. Hopefully its behind them. The team is already dealing with a lot of crap right now.

7. beedubyatoo says: Jun 4, 2012 3:25 PM

That should be, “If there is anyone thinks that Delmas won’t retaliate at some time during the pre-season, I’ll have what they’re having.”

Sorry, my brain started summer vacation early.

8. jason49er says: Jun 4, 2012 3:31 PM

This doesn’t surprise me, the Lions secondary couldn’t cover anyone in 2011, why would Titus Young be any different?

9. dempsey63 says: Jun 4, 2012 3:43 PM

“We get along tremendously, and Louis will tell you the same thing when he is weaned off of life support.”

10. waxthat says: Jun 4, 2012 3:44 PM

Wonder how he’ll respond when Suh steps on him during practice.

11. kowboydmac says: Jun 4, 2012 4:37 PM

I’ve watched Titus Young at Boise St, I’ve watched Ryan Broyles at Oklahoma, Nate Burleson was a fantastic posession receiver at Nevada and with the Vikings and that doesn’t include the Lions’ best receiver Calvin Johnson. This group can be “Greatest show on turf” good.

12. sincejumpstreet says: Jun 4, 2012 4:40 PM

He can say “all is well” but I doubt it is. People dont forget stuff like that.

13. jimmylions says: Jun 4, 2012 5:32 PM

————————————-

Thank you for today’s addition of this website’s hate of the Lions.

If we can resolve the issues with the defensive secondary, we take the NFC North.

14. joec14 says: Jun 4, 2012 8:20 PM

I dont think anyone on the lions could defend me

15. pturner81 says: Jun 4, 2012 11:47 PM

Hey Joec14. Delmas could knock your sh1t out at 1/4 speed and send your crying butt to the hospital

16. 11jlacy says: Jun 5, 2012 12:53 AM

You think so u snunk a man its neva all good believe that