Michael Brockers: I want to turn the Rams around

Rokevious Watkins, Michael Brockers AP

Shortly after signing his rookie contract with the Rams, first-round defensive tackle Michael Brockers said he’s ready to get to work on changing the franchise that selected him with the 14th pick in the NFL draft.

Brockers told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he wanted to get his contract out of the way quickly because what he’s really interested in is changing things on a team that went 2-14 last year.

I was ready to get it done,” Brockers said. “Now that I’ve got that out of the way, I can focus on football. That was the biggest part of it. . . . For the most part, I’m just focused on football right now. That’s the biggest thing about right now, getting the plays down, getting with my teammates, winning some games. I really want to turn this Rams franchise around. That’s the biggest part about it.”

It’s going to take a lot more than one player to turn the Rams around, but as the first pick of the Jeff Fisher era, Brockers knows he’s going to be a big part of making big changes in St. Louis.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams
7 Responses to “Michael Brockers: I want to turn the Rams around”
  1. sir1389 says: Jun 9, 2012 5:14 PM

That’s a great sentiment for a player to have, not I want to be great or I want the awards, but I want to make my team great.

2. roastmeforbeingacardsfan says: Jun 9, 2012 5:23 PM

At least he has good attitude and hasn’t gotten in trouble.

3. captainwisdom8888 says: Jun 9, 2012 6:31 PM

I liked this pick by the Rams, and I believe you have to start with the D-line when building a great defense. Having a formidable D-line trickles down into the rest of the defense and essentially makes everyone better. LBs don’t have to come up as much, and DBs can jump passes quicker because they know the DL will create pressure.

*For years, the Colts generated so much pressure with just Freeney and Mathis that they rarely had to use their LBs in blitzes, opting to keep them back in coverage and spying RBs.

4. patriots55 says: Jun 9, 2012 6:35 PM

Nice to see he actually cares about the franchise

5. jerrysandusky1 says: Jun 9, 2012 7:34 PM

Unless he plays QB i don’t see how he is going to do that.

6. fcoprado says: Jun 9, 2012 8:47 PM

Love his attitude…for years the rams have whiffed on DTs (Carriker,Kennedy,Lewis)but I believed this kid is different.

7. scalfor3 says: Jun 9, 2012 11:57 PM

i doubt if this quote plays well in the locker room with some of the vets. kid means well but should’ve said “i want to HELP these guys turn the franchise around.”