Vick calls his Top 100 ranking “a joke”

Michael Vick, Mike Kafka, Vince Young AP

A player who thinks he has more than his fair share of critics in the media apparently thinks he has more than his fair share of critics among his colleagues.

Ranked 70th by other NFL players among the top 100 players in the league, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick didn’t like it.  At all.

“I think the thing to do right now is just go prove why I feel like I should be even higher.  So if that’s what they felt, and based on what happened last year, then I got to deal with it as motivation.  So thank you  because they’ve motivated me to be a better player this year.”

Vick was equally brash regarding his belief that the team has legitimate Super Bowl aspirations, and regarding his insistence that he won’t be doing anything differently on the field after a season of increased turnovers and decreased effectiveness.

“Nothing,” Vick said regarding possible adjustments.  “I don’t think anything’s gonna change about my game.”

Nothing also will change about his Top 100 ranking, at least until next year.  And as we pointed out in a recent edition of PFT Live, that’s the one potential benefit from this specific brand of space-filler programming on the league-owned network:  It can put a chip on a guy’s shoulder, fueling improved performance in the coming season.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 131 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
131 Responses to “Vick calls his Top 100 ranking “a joke””
  1. jhart615 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:35 PM

Check your season last year Vick…then maybe you’ll understand that them giving you 70 was actually generous

2. blowpackblow says: Jun 11, 2012 8:35 PM

I agree it is a joke, he should be in the mid nineties.

3. jets13 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:35 PM

funny, when i read the title i thought “finally an athlete who is humble enough to admit the truth”……wrong again

Vick, it’s a joke you are in the top 100.

4. rabbi187 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:37 PM

If you factor in games played, 70 is about right. When healthy, he is a 20-30 guy

5. egomaniac247 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:38 PM

Vick is just not that smart.

At a time when hes done so much to present himself as humble and reformed, he goes and says something like this which will inevitably turn off those people like me who don’t really have a strong opinion one way or another about him.

Don’t these guys have pr reps?

6. zack2482 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:38 PM

Not even a top ten QB. Wait, not even a top 20 QB. Maybe a RB, but a joke of a QB. Glad he is Philthy’s starter as they won’t do anything with him as long he is the QB.

7. youarewrongandthisiswhy says: Jun 11, 2012 8:39 PM

Ron Mexico is no joke. He gives the gift that keeps on giving.

8. sleepyjordan says: Jun 11, 2012 8:41 PM

The fact of the matter is that in a year where Brees, Stafford, and Brady threw for 5K yards, Vick struggled to eclipse the 3K mark (though injury played a role in that.) And the 19 TD ( incl. one rushing) to 14 INT ratio isn’t great, either. I’m not convinced the ranking is off base.

9. kspl1 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:44 PM

It is a joke. Let the haters hate. 14 interceptions is nowhere near tops in the league. Eli had 17. They had one of te worst I-lines in the league but somehow people are saying it was the best o-line. Yea right. Let Tom Brady get uncontested rushers like that and I bet the o-line would get arrested. Only people who don’t respect Vick are dog lovers and racists, or pure idiots.

10. arlingtonassasin says: Jun 11, 2012 8:46 PM

“That’s a joke,” Vick told Mike Missanelli of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia.  “Maybe it was voted on by the peers, but I just disagree.  I know how good I am and what I bring to the table for my football team, and the things that I can do on the football field sometimes can be uncanny. . . .
    ————————————–
    This is what’s wrong with Vick and the Eagles in general. Full of themselves to no end. But what sets winners apart is being humble, hardworking, a team player and striving for greatness as a group. Not bragging about doing “uncanny” things on the field. Blowing your own horn gets you nowhere. Want someone to emulate Mike? See Eli.

11. sea3369 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:49 PM

Don’t break ur arm patting urself on the back Vick…

12. jobotjones says: Jun 11, 2012 8:51 PM

That’s ok Mike, you rank #1 on the top 100 scumbag list

13. itsmammoth says: Jun 11, 2012 8:51 PM

I dislike Vick, but I agree.

14. elrock7 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:52 PM

No matter how good the Eagles are or will be, they will NEVER win a Super bowl with a Vickn at QB.

He is just plain not smart enough! He panics in the pocket and makes too mant stupid mistakes. Now if peyton Manning was there… different story.

15. theandy59 says: Jun 11, 2012 8:55 PM

Michael Vick might be better to just focus on being a better football player rather than worrying about where he ranks in some stupid poll. Unreal….

16. eastsideballa says: Jun 11, 2012 8:56 PM

For a guy that nearly had it all taken away from him he’s acting like a complete p##$y.

17. paulycoasters says: Jun 11, 2012 8:58 PM

If anything he is 101, Jay Cutler should have been up there at 70.

18. nygdriveforfive says: Jun 11, 2012 8:59 PM

The lose of OL Peters is buge. Bell is certainly not even close to the same level of tackle that Peters is. No way Vick starts 16 games. Tuck/JPP/Osi/Kiwi will make sure of that.

19. kayakattack says: Jun 11, 2012 9:06 PM

The whole series is a joke. There is something very impure about ranking players.. It shouldn’t be done… I get that it’s fun.. but maybe with your friends or something.. it’s so overblown and taken too seriously… So many players are overrated/underrated and there is no accurate way to rank these guys and it’s more of a disservice to good players and puffs up players.. It should be call NFL’s top 100 most popular players because that’s really what it is

20. jwreck says: Jun 11, 2012 9:06 PM

You think Mike’s upset? Wait til Donovan McNabb spouts off tomorrow about his “unfair exclusion” from the top 100.

21. sasquash20 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:08 PM

I don’t think he should even be in the top 100. He stinks. Always has always will. As an Eagles fan I hate the day this scrub became my QB. I don’t follow them with as much intensity as before. I thought McNabb sucked but at least I liked the guy a little bit. This guy is just a punk loser. I don’t believe he can win it all and I don’t even know how I would feel if we won it all with him as our QB. I didn’t like him before he killed dogs, but after that I just can’t stomach him. Go play in traffic on 95 scum bag!

22. backindasaddle says: Jun 11, 2012 9:12 PM

“Only people who don’t respect Vick are dog lovers and racists, or pure idiots.”
    —————————————————————————————

To the contrary: People who do respect Michael Vick obviously hold personal character and values at a very very low standard. Michael Vick has athletic talent, but he’s still a deplorable person.

23. buckybadger says: Jun 11, 2012 9:12 PM

I am not a fan [nor do I hate the guy] and I think 70 is actually more off reputation than actual performance but you guys talking like he should be happy about that don’t understand the mindset these guys need to do their jobs. Vick or any other player is going to go to the stat sheets and compare themselves. That isn’t their mentality. He will use this to motivate himself [to bad it won’t keep him healthy] but to expect him to have any other reaction is ridiculous, to attack his intelligence for this reaction only shows your own ignorance. Anyone happy about being ranked 70th won’t be around very long, no in this league.

24. jets13 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:13 PM

______________________________

haha, moron, vick also threw it 165 less times than eli….Vick’s interception % was the same as Sanchez’s (and i’m a jets fan)…..maybe learn a thing or two about numbers before you toss them out there

25. hardh3ad says: Jun 11, 2012 9:16 PM

No that list is a joke, sorry. I don’t care about Vick, but how does Micheal Turner finish 3rd in rushing yet they rank Fred Jackson ahead of him and he didnt even have more rushing yards than Reggie Bush. Lol! Now that’s a joke.

Like they say on ESPN…….. C’mon Mann

26. rr2000k says: Jun 11, 2012 9:19 PM

I agree. You shouldn’t even be on the list.

27. kfiz14 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:20 PM

He’s in the top ten in dogs killed.

28. kevsright says: Jun 11, 2012 9:21 PM

He’s number one on the “get offa my team!” list.

29. abninf says: Jun 11, 2012 9:22 PM

Well, dope smoking, lying, dog killing, herpes infected Ron Mexico, if this gives you more motivation then you weren’t motivated enough last season.

30. vicktator says: Jun 11, 2012 9:26 PM

Whether you like Vick or not, I don’t understand what is wrong with a guy being confident in his game or his ability. If a guy like Tom Brady was number 3 said he should be higher, everybody would be on his jock.

31. randallflagg52 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:31 PM

Vick isn’t that good. Funny thing is he is still a better QB than his replacement down there in Atlanta. Who would have thought Vick would have more playoff wins than Matt Ryan? Oh, anyone with a brain.

32. dallassux says: Jun 11, 2012 9:31 PM

————————————————————————

Right. Cause they done such a good job the last 4 years doing that. Losing 7 out of 8 to the eagles. Including a game where he threw up 28 points in 7 minutes. If your gonna trash talk just brag about winning the super bowl.

33. therealtrenches says: Jun 11, 2012 9:31 PM

18 comments in and no hater has stepped up with the tired use of the word “sociopath” to describe Vick? I’m shocked.

In other news, what was he supposed to say: “Yeah, Mike, I’m happy with being ranked number 70?”

No self-respecting player in possession of his gifts would be satisfied with that. And if he claimed to be, we’d crucify him for that.

34. ericn42000 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:34 PM

Romp should rank higher than this guy!!! #COWBOYS

35. yahmule says: Jun 11, 2012 9:35 PM

He’s among the top five scumbags in the league.

36. ericn42000 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:35 PM

Romo

37. skins1976 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:35 PM

He calls it a joke huh? The joke is that their father actually produced two complete idiots as sons. Neither of which are a good contribution to society. Take football away from the Vick family and you get dog fighting…weed smoking…self fulfilling losers.

HTTR

38. charmcityalum says: Jun 11, 2012 9:36 PM

I’ve never understood the chip Ints the shoulder or extra motivation comments. If being ranked lower than you think you should be on some meaningless list can give you motivation to play better why weren’t you giving 100% to begin with?

39. gcsuk says: Jun 11, 2012 9:40 PM

kspl1 says:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:44 PM
    ———————————————————-

Eli had 17 INTs. He also had 30 TDs (1 rushing) to Vicks 19. I don’t recall Eli complaining last year when he wasn’t ranked at all. Remind me again if the Eagles made the playoffs last year? Giants made the playoffs, and made the most of the opportunity.

40. ggbblue says: Jun 11, 2012 9:40 PM

Vick takes this list seriously??

41. leevi98 says: Jun 11, 2012 9:42 PM

REALLY???? really Vick? “uncanny” Do you even know what the word means? I mean come on, You don’t say things like that about yourself..That’s the real joke right there. 1,696 players are in the NFL. You should be humble and proud that you are even in the top 100. Thanks for making me hate you and the Eagles even more. What kind of a leader of a football team cares more about his perception than wins..Wow just WOW. Oh and by the way how many rings ya got there Vick? I thought so…What a jacka$$!

42. craiggebz says: Jun 11, 2012 10:00 PM

He also believes dog fighting/mutilation is okay agaib

43. 34bo34 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:01 PM

Good thing he isnt a pitbull ranked number 70, they would take him out back an hang or drown him………

44. doublebro says: Jun 11, 2012 10:03 PM

First of all kspl1… Manning had 16 picks on 166 more attempts OR 1 pick per 37 attempts compared to Vick’s 1 every 30 attempts. Look it up. I love you people that throw the race card down when you can’t back your argument with facts. Incidentally, Manning didn’t crack the top 100 last year but McNabb did….think that had anything to do with race?

45. bigbluefan1 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:05 PM

Last off season Eli said he was elite well what did Eli do he proved it

Now Mr. Vick shut up and last 17 weeks and prove it or you can continue to waste air by breathing

BTW my Pit Bull looks so good in her Giants Championship Shirt

46. 805_9er says: Jun 11, 2012 10:05 PM

That’s about the funniest thing I’ve read today.

Vick using the word “uncanny” to describe himself.

Loser…………..

47. doublebro says: Jun 11, 2012 10:05 PM

Who’s the idiot now kspl1?

48. supaherolife says: Jun 11, 2012 10:08 PM

It’s ok for Eli to claim himself Elite but its not ok for Vick to think he should be ranked higher than 70?

49. 805_9er says: Jun 11, 2012 10:09 PM

“So thank you because they’ve motivated me to be a better player this year.”

If this moron needs extra motivation after the crap he’s been through then he truly is the dumbest human on the planet!

50. bigks77 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:09 PM

It was a Joke that drafted u as second pick overall in my fantasy football league last year! Never again!!!

51. 69finfan says: Jun 11, 2012 10:10 PM

What is a joke is that MV as well as many others in sports eye can be given a second (sometimes more) chance and they cannot be humble and just shut up and let their performance on the field do the talking.

52. source7769 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:11 PM

when you want to win dog fights more then nfl games you should understand why you are ranked where you are ranked

53. billinlouisiana says: Jun 11, 2012 10:14 PM

The biggest joke is that he is even allowed to play in the league.

54. Frazier28/7 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:15 PM

The whole Top 100 ranking is a joke to begin with. NFL Network has the rights to the most popular sport in the country and this is the best they can come up with? At least their ‘Top Ten’ best of’s is pretty good.

How about you show an actual classic game for once that is actually a classic?!

55. steelerfan9598 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:17 PM

Stay humble Mike.

56. Peter Venkman says: Jun 11, 2012 10:17 PM

There’s always the argument on whether Vick has the accuracy, pocket presence, etc. But that’s a moot point. His weakness has always been, and always will be, his mentality. Do you think Rodgers, the Mannings, Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc. would be speaking out about this list? Or would they take it in stride, regardless of their rankings, and let their play prove what they’re worth? Champions don’t worry about lists on a T.V. network.

57. mattamp says: Jun 11, 2012 10:22 PM

70th out of 100? Sounds generous. Has he ever won a championship? He might be ranked higher if we were talking about dog drowning or dog torturing. He might b #1 on that list. Philly fans deserve this worthless piece of crap.

58. philly4lyfe says: Jun 11, 2012 10:24 PM

Coming from an eagles fan: didn’t your learn anything from last year about making big predictions? Just shutup and do it.

59. pftcensorssuck says: Jun 11, 2012 10:28 PM

“I don’t think anything’s gonna change about my game.”
    ———————————————————-
    Just what you want to hear from your 8-8 quarterback, right?

Happy 2012 season, Iggles fans.

60. fatfreddystubbs says: Jun 11, 2012 10:31 PM

the fact of the matter is, however, that the fact that the Eagles will never win a Super Bowl with this overrated stiff doesn’t matter to a significant portion of Eagles fans.

What’s really important to those losers, even more important than actually winning a Super Bowl, is that, in the next few days on PFT, there will probably be a post that Donovan took a pee, and they’ll be able to go there and say “WE WERE RIGHT” or “WORM BURNER”.

They’ll say this in spite of the fact that Donovan’s last two years with the Eagles saw more regular season and playoff wins than Vick has had in his two years as starter (oh and they’ll also say that in spite of the fact that Kolb, the guy they wanted as the heir apparent, lasted one half as Eagles starter and now can’t beat out Red Skelton)

61. thraiderskin says: Jun 11, 2012 10:31 PM

Sorry Vick there it takes more than have amazing physical talent and what you CAN do, it’s about doing it. 70 was way to generous.

62. blurryvisi0n says: Jun 11, 2012 10:37 PM

Fact, Michael Vick has never had back to back winning seasons.

63. rcali says: Jun 11, 2012 10:38 PM

Yes, but Vick needs to look at the bright side. His fellow players did vote him tied for #1 for NFL convicts with Donte Stallworth.

I know, I know, thumbs down from single brained cell readers.

64. canigetastadium says: Jun 11, 2012 10:39 PM

kspl1 says:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:44 PM
    It is a joke. Let the haters hate. 14 interceptions is nowhere near tops in the league. Eli had 17. ______________________________________ hey kspl1. Eli also won the superbowl…..twice. But yeah ur right what do we all know Vicks better. I especially like how you threw a stat in there to make urself look smart.

65. nomoreseasontix says: Jun 11, 2012 10:44 PM

Stuff a sock in it, Mike.
    You’re lucky you made the list at all.
    Overrated much??

66. ndamus4 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:45 PM

The confidence that it takes to play at this level is why many players do not like their position in the top 100.

67. traveye99 says: Jun 11, 2012 10:47 PM

Maybe if he wasn’t so fragile he would get a better ranking.

68. truths4all says: Jun 11, 2012 10:48 PM

Come guys, you can’t really blame Vick for having a false impression of himself even though Vick has never accomplished anything close to winning any championships. Vick keeps in mind that a community worker with no resume of consequence got elected to became a US Senator and then after doing nothing of any consequence except to learn how to expertly read a teleprompter, the do nothing senator got a free ride from the mass media (his records all remain sealed) to become president on a platform of promising everyone that he knew how to and that he would fix all of our problems of a bad economy, no jobs, housing losses, and balancing record deficits. Even with such a failed record of unfulfilled promises, Vick still thinks he is a top ten NFL QB.

69. stellarperformance says: Jun 11, 2012 10:52 PM

The players in the NFL that participated in the voting live, work, sweat, and breath with the candidates. And it’s also politics. The voters see locker room leadership, mentoring, off-the-field respect, character, and overall contributions of value to the winning abilities of the team, and which encompasses a range of traits. This isn’t about physical attributes and game knowledge. It’s about winners. It’s about most valuable teammates. And he’s ranked just about right. If self-serving loudmouths were ranked in the order of personal opinion, he’d be #1.

70. nygdriveforfive says: Jun 11, 2012 10:59 PM

@dallassux
    Pretty sure the Giants broke Vicks hand last year during the a win@ Philly and were directly responsible for Vick missing a few games. Looking forward to more of the same this year.

71. chuxtah says: Jun 11, 2012 11:01 PM

Yeah it is a joke. Romo is better. Vick you are lucky u are ranked at all. You should be in jail.

72. tweeter75 says: Jun 11, 2012 11:04 PM

If this was voted on by fans or the media, one could take the rankings with a grain of salt. This was a vote by other NFL players, so I wouldn’t say it’s a joke. That must be why Vick’s feelings got hurt.

73. doe22us says: Jun 11, 2012 11:08 PM

A) its a subjective ranking and b) these players get so butt hurt with their ranking. Concentrate on winning games and championships.

74. clu1perceiver says: Jun 11, 2012 11:11 PM

Vick will make several quizzical statements a year where he reveals changes in his approach to the game that elite QBs do from the start. Stubborn and arrogant, Vick continues forego the safety slide for the chance to expose his injury prone body to high speed collisions that risk taking him out of games. Time is not on his side. You can lead a man to knowledge but you can’t make him think.

75. gcsuk says: Jun 11, 2012 11:14 PM

“Nothing,” Vick said regarding possible adjustments. “I don’t think anything’s gonna change about my game.”

Thanks, Mike!!!
    signed
    The Rest of the NFC East

76. nygf says: Jun 11, 2012 11:30 PM

If anyone wants to bring Eli into this as a reason Vick should be higher, that’s foolish. Set aside the two rings, not to mention the fact that his teams have been more successful over the years, and only factor in that Eli has played every game since he’s become a starter, as in his team hasn’t had to worry about the 3-4 contests per year where the starting QB is unavailable like the Eagles do with Vick, he of the one 16 game season his entire career, and that is worth a large difference. Come back to us with this when you have played more than one full season and have more than one year with 3,000 passing yards, Mike, and then we can talk.

77. warhammer420 says: Jun 11, 2012 11:33 PM

Wow dude, what an ego. As if being 70 is bad.

78. kingcarlbanks says: Jun 11, 2012 11:36 PM

Lol. Mike Pick is hilarious. Be happy you’re in the top 100. Douche.

79. shempnet says: Jun 11, 2012 11:37 PM

How many 4000 yard years? Oh yeah, none! How many playoff victories…1?? What a turd.

80. dkhhuey says: Jun 11, 2012 11:38 PM

Say it ain’t so… Mikey the dog killer hasn’t really changed and it was all just an act – wow, who would have thought that possible!!!

81. quicktaker says: Jun 11, 2012 11:57 PM

Vick is a top 10 athlete in the NFL but his 70th best player rating is spot on. A good defense can scheme him and pocket passers still trump running QBs.

82. randallflagg52 says: Jun 11, 2012 11:57 PM

rcali says:Jun 11, 2012 10:38 PM

I know, I know, thumbs down from single brained cell readers.

==================================

You do know that the guy that Donte Stallworth hit with his car was drunk as a skunk right, and was crossing in the middle of a busy causeway in Miami, not even at a crosswalk. Not condoning drinking and driving, but comparing Stallworth to Vick is like comparing FDR to Hitler. Both made poor choices, but one was intentional while the other was a fully concious desision. Stallworth actually showed true remorse for his actions unlike Vick who just went thru the motions of trying to be sorry for his crimes.

83. whodatgirl1 says: Jun 11, 2012 11:59 PM

He is a joke as a human being. If he were to learn how to speak English and make better life choices then maybe he would be respected more. Plus, the man hasn’t played a single full season of professional football in his life. Wasn’t he out like five games last season? I may be wrong on the number, but I know it was enough to be noticed.

84. randallflagg52 says: Jun 11, 2012 11:59 PM

*One was a mistake while the other was a fully concious desision. Darn typos…

85. mike8016 says: Jun 12, 2012 12:16 AM

For a man who had only 19 Total TDS and 16 interception i would say his ranking is quite generous.

86. scratchnpost1234 says: Jun 12, 2012 12:16 AM

kspl1 says:
    ” Dog lovers, Racists and pure idiots?”
    Pulled all the stops out on that one didn’t ya?

87. XRayTiD says: Jun 12, 2012 12:49 AM

When was the last season Vick played all 16 games?

88. 11jlacy says: Jun 12, 2012 12:52 AM

Say mike just handle ur biz dont talk about be about it prove those haters wrong ya dig!

89. bizzyb559 says: Jun 12, 2012 12:59 AM

Joke…Obviously you are Vick. What have you done? Win something before you spout off about a ranking you really don’t deserve. Many guys have talent but you have to put up more than one playoff win before sniveling about a ranking. Mcnabb has more playoff wins than you do. NFL should have never let you come back, but since they did, people are sick an tired of athletes like yourself who feel they are entitled to something for accomplishing little of anything. Do us a favor: shut up and play. You get respect by earning it bozo.

90. giantschamps says: Jun 12, 2012 1:09 AM

supaherolife says: Jun 11, 2012 10:08 PM

____________________________________

Eli backs it up with not one but two RINGS.

91. bleedgreenaz says: Jun 12, 2012 1:15 AM

All you Vick bashers are idiots. Who in their right mind (A professional athelete) is going think they are NOT the best. if any athlete is okay with 70 (Peyton, Tom,etc…) then they aren’t trying. Good for Mike!

92. 2ndaryinsanity says: Jun 12, 2012 1:35 AM

More proof that what Vick said was B.S. when he wanted back in the NFL and to find a team stupid enough to sign him. His true character (or should I say lack of it?) is revealed every time he opens his mouth.

93. hedleykow says: Jun 12, 2012 1:39 AM

Money.

Bet against him all you want. Find out how rich that makes you.

94. mdc21787 says: Jun 12, 2012 2:09 AM

how does rg3 compare ‘favorably’ to vick again?

95. discosucs2005 says: Jun 12, 2012 2:14 AM

@truths4all

I don’t know if you can read but this is a football site. While it may come as a shock to you some people don’t necessarily want to talk about politics while they are reading about a completely unrelated interest.

I don’t care what you think politically, but take it elsewhere buddy and let the rest of us yell out each other about football in peace.

Also get a life.

96. trollaikman8 says: Jun 12, 2012 2:17 AM

And if it wasn’t for Andy Reid, he wouldn’t be in the top 100.

97. asublimeday says: Jun 12, 2012 2:40 AM

The joke is your career, Michael.

98. commonsensedude says: Jun 12, 2012 2:55 AM

“Michael Vick has athletic talent, but he’s still a deplorable person.”

I can’t help but wonder how many people are horrified about cruelty to animals but yet have no problem with late-term abortion.

99. teddybayer123 says: Jun 12, 2012 3:00 AM

But the facts speak for themselves, Mikey, And, oh, by the way, “uncanny” isn’t “Champion”. Good luck with “uncanny” in Phili. ‘Cause that’s all they care about in Philly, being “uncanny”.

Michael Vick Statistics:

# of rings:
    NONE

# of complete 16 game season(s) played:
    NONE

# of Federal jail sentences completed:
    ONE. 23 months in jail.

It’s a mixed bag, at best. And the refs ain’t gonna protect you, pal.

Tons of talent, too much ego, waaaaaaaaay too much money.

100. merc3375 says: Jun 12, 2012 5:01 AM

Uh oh. Here comes the “old” Mike Vick worrying about himself. He needs to focus on being a smarter quarterback and trying to stay healthy for an entire season. Who cares about opinion-based rankings? I want wins!!!

101. tdbragg says: Jun 12, 2012 5:48 AM

Michael Vick is very lucky that he even has a ranking , period . Not only that , but after publicly admitting that he didnt even study film or try to learn to read opposing defenses while he was in Atlanta , Id say his ranking is pretty fair . Its better to be ranked 70th in the league when the alternative could be looking out a jail cell window and wondering , what if ?

102. holdthemayo123 says: Jun 12, 2012 6:16 AM

I suppose good for him for believing in himself, but he is wrong. he is a gifted athlete, but not a top tier QB.

103. bigkeev124 says: Jun 12, 2012 6:19 AM

So when A QB of Vicks caliber decides to say hey I am better than 70 and every person on here knows he is or can be as well as his peers, he is everything else but confident in his ability to be a better QB than last year. I swear some of you watch football for the wrong reasons and wome just dont have a clue. The top 100 is a joke and does he deserve to be low based on last years stats sure but they said the voting is based on potential to have a good, great or bad season in 2012 and its only a handful of people that was voted that way. If its potential him and many others need to be higher. once again, the Eagles new O line, D and D coordinator gets a full training camp to buss everyones in the mouth for talkin about what VY said, dogs and about anything said from a player on the team and since when Vick of all people havent been humble, thats all he has been, learn how to comprehend words said and written by the media before jumpin out there as if this is the full statement..

104. bbk1000 says: Jun 12, 2012 6:28 AM

Vick???? He should not have even made the top 100….

105. bbk1000 says: Jun 12, 2012 6:28 AM

Well, perhaps the most wanted…

106. joetoronto says: Jun 12, 2012 6:37 AM

This is the real Mike Vick right here, he hasn’t changed at all, and he never will.

I’ll give him this though, he somehow fooled enough people to carve out an NFL career.

107. seahawks19081 says: Jun 12, 2012 6:45 AM

Relax Mike, you are ranked number 1 in killing dogs.

108. angrycorgi says: Jun 12, 2012 7:24 AM

Mike Vick is very athletic, but there’s a reason that nobody ever accused him of being very intelligent.

109. kevsright says: Jun 12, 2012 7:36 AM

Give it to Mikey-
    He kills everything!! Dogs. Seasons. Teams. My brain cells.. :mrgreen:

110. illbillgiantz4lif says: Jun 12, 2012 7:53 AM

Hard to believe that there are 69 other players in the league better than he is. His main issue is that he is always hurt.

A healthy Mike Vick for 16 games…forgetaboutit!

111. kevsright says: Jun 12, 2012 10:33 AM

A healthy Mike Vick for 16 games…forgetaboutit!
    ********
    Never happen. I’ve been TRING to forget about Bad Newz since the Eagles stupidly signed him on August 13, 2009. ANOTHER date which shall live in infamy! :x

112. kevsright says: Jun 12, 2012 10:39 AM

Make that TRYING..

113. raiders757 says: Jun 12, 2012 11:39 AM

The joke is that Vick is even in the top 100 at all. The guy is a flash in the pan type player who lacks any true leadership to play QB in the NFL and will never, ever win a Superbowl.

114. dallassux says: Jun 12, 2012 11:56 AM

We get it Giants fans. Vick is not the brightest or greatest person in the world. Nor does he have a Super Bowl ring. But I love how you glorify guys like Diehl, Bradshaw, Plaxico, Megget, Ingram and the biggest human disgrace LT. Then you are first to troll on eagles topics concerning how players act. Good work.

115. clk320cpe says: Jun 12, 2012 1:06 PM

This is a TYPICAL Eagle fan response.

I have never seen a Giant fan “glorify” Meggett or Ingram & especially not Plaxico.

No one is holding Diehl or Bradshaw up to be admired for their behavior.

NO ONE is condoning Lawrence Taylor’s behavior is any way, shape or form. Although I doubt LT asked for a “underage” hooker. Let’s not minimize his acts which are deplorable.

One thing ALL of the above players did though, was answer the call when needed. All of the players you mentioned, although not model citizens off the field, did deliver when the $$$ was on the line.

Vick NEVER performs when the stage is the biggest. He never has & never will. 2 playoff wins in his entire career.

Add to it his ghoulish repeated & intentionally premeditated behavior multiple times a week for over 6 years of torturing & enjoying the screams of battered & bleeding animals for his personal entertainment & yea, Mike Vick is one of the NFL’s all time biggest disappointments.

Feel free to bring up as many ex-Giants as you like, not gonna change the fact that although they haven’t all made the best life decisions off the field, those players performed on the field under pressure. Vick doesn’t.

116. bigbluefan1 says: Jun 12, 2012 1:18 PM

dallassux says:Jun 12, 2012 11:56 AM

________________________________

Just an FYI for you Diehl DWI ? Not a federal Crime , Bradshaw while he was in College, Plaxico cut right after he shot himself, The rest all after they retired but nice try.
    And as far as LT goes he was a beast and you as a cowboy fan know it all to well.
    vick is down there with whale dung and always will be

117. otis52gsh says: Jun 12, 2012 3:02 PM

It sure is a joke. He don’t even belong in the top 100.

118. bledalotofgreen says: Jun 12, 2012 3:21 PM

billinlouisiana says:
    Jun 11, 2012 10:14 PM
    The biggest joke is that he is even allowed to play in the league.

———————————————————————————–
    I have a question for you there swamp people
    How do u feel about ray Lewis playing in the league?
    We’re talking dogs vs humans here …just wondering
    Not glorifying what Vick did it was horrific I’m just asking

119. dexterismyhero says: Jun 12, 2012 3:33 PM

These lists are nothing but a bunch of BS anyway.
    NFLN is not in the top 100 of TV shows.

120. dallassux says: Jun 12, 2012 3:49 PM

———————————————————————————-

Wow. Sounds like you just glorified them. So because they performed on the field, it’s ok? And you mean to tell me that LT did nothing wrong while he played? Lol please. My point is you should check in your own backyard because the root for ha garbage too. Vick didn’t do these things as an eagle so does that make him ok too? Ahhh no!

121. mrmafaka says: Jun 12, 2012 9:12 PM

He ranks # 1 in convicted felons currently in the NFL, he also holds the # 1 ranking in the enemies of PETA, he also was ranked number 1 in begging to get back in the good graces of the Commish, word is, he did a major suck job begging to get a 2ND chance.

122. pftcensorssuck says: Jun 12, 2012 9:50 PM

hedleykow says:Jun 12, 2012 1:39 AM

Money.

Bet against him all you want. Find out how rich that makes you.
    ———————————————————-
    Dude was 8-8 last season.

be real, nobody got rich betting ON him.

123. clk320cpe says: Jun 13, 2012 10:44 AM

dallassux says:
    Jun 12, 2012 3:49 PM

———————————————————————————-

—————————————————

Never said or insinuated the above players behavior was “ok”.

The point was, although they have serious character issues & are not role models, they performed. Nothing they did on the field makes the things they did off the field ok.

Eagle fans defend Vick, hell gave him a standing ovation when he was out of jail a month. His first pre-season game in ’09. You told him then, “your behavior is OK with us Mikey, just get us that Super Bowl”. Although animal abuse & dog fighting is now at an all time high in Philly. From the minute he stepped onto the field in Philly in August 09, Philly sold it’s soul for Mike Vick.

From the fanatical cheering of Michael Irvin laying motionless on the turf for minutes to throwing batteries at opposing fans to the intentional throwing up on small children to a jail in the stadium to abusing Santa Claus, the Philly crowd & Eagle fans have shown their true colors over & over again. Mike Vick & Philly deserve each other.

124. kevpft says: Jun 14, 2012 1:22 AM

So he’s motivated to improve, but he’s not going to change anything about how he plays.

That pretty much sums up Vick’s football career. That bumping sound you hear is a head hitting the ceiling.

125. discosucs2005 says: Jun 14, 2012 5:05 AM

People talking about things like Ray Lewis, or other luarence taylor or abortion (no clue how that got in this thread) are missing the point. The existence of other bad or perceived bad things in the world doesn’t make Vick a better or worse person.

That’s like saying “yeah everyone critizes Hitler, well where is the outrage at Stalin?”

Look, no one is saying that there aren’t other bad people in the league, but this article is about Vick, and how he made a very arrogant sounding comment. If you want to trash Ray Lewis fine, but that doesn’t make Vick’s comments any less arrogant, or any of the dogs any less dead.

126. kevsright says: Jun 14, 2012 8:16 AM

“From the fanatical cheering of Michael Irvin laying motionless on the turf”
    ************************

Irvin was and is a lowlife, taunting the crowd by grabbing his crotch in the endzone afer scoring a TD. He got EXACTLY what he deserved.
    I’ve got the game on VHS and still cheer when he goes down & stays down!! You don’t like it? Too bad.

127. clk320cpe says: Jun 14, 2012 10:10 AM

Are you seriously trying to justify the cheering of any player laying motionless?? Did he give the fans the finger as Vick did in Atlanta??

And Desean Jackson never taunted any opposing fans??

Irvin is a really a bigger low life than Vick?? Irvin went to a federal penitentiary?

The Philly fans logic: OK for US to cheer a guy that may be paralyzed but don’t YOU talk about the guy that over & over & over got off on torturing animals that were screaming, crying & bloody for his own personal amusement & entertainment & gave fans the finger.

TYPICAL!!

128. sfbookreviews says: Jun 15, 2012 6:11 AM

He’s definitely number 1 on the “Best dog killer in the NFL” list. So at least he has that.

129. insanelomein2 says: Jun 16, 2012 5:37 PM

Being from Philly and being an Eagles fan, I see nothing wrong with the spot Vick was placed on the NFL 100.

130. cgsuddeath says: Jun 16, 2012 10:00 PM

I may hate Vick but I agree with him on this.

131. warrenpeacephotography says: Jun 26, 2012 4:57 AM

I don’t see why Vick deserves a spot in the top 100 at all. Number 70 was really very generous.