Eagles align with Angry Birds

get-attachment

Maybe this is the real reason why Joe Banner quit.

The Eagles have announced a partnership with Rovio Entertainment, which makes Angry Birds the official time-wasting-finger-sliding game, or something, of the Eagles.

For those of you not familiar with Angry Birds, it’s a puzzle game that allows the user to slingshot wingless birds into green pigs of various shapes an sizes.

The connection is obvious (must . . . resist . . . urge . . . to make . . . green pig joke), although it’s unknown whether the Cardinals, Seahawks, Ravens, or Falcons passed.

The video announcing the partnership hints at the possible incorporation of the Eagles into the Angry Birds game.  As Gantt points out (I won’t start stealing his lines until he has at least a week on the job), millions of kids will be disappointed when they realize that they can beat everything but the final level.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Eagles align with Angry Birds”
  1. spellingcopfather says: Jun 13, 2012 2:17 PM

Angry Birds got played out last year, every one & there mom was in love with that game!!!

2. jrock3x8 says: Jun 13, 2012 2:19 PM

what’s the over / under on an official Angry Birds NFL game starting with the Eagles and the Redskins are the pigs?

I say 6 weeks.

3. frankpm says: Jun 13, 2012 2:19 PM

i don’t know what’s funnier – this whole concept, or the drawing of andy reid all buff! :-D

4. terrellblowens says: Jun 13, 2012 2:21 PM

Angry cause they haven’t won a Super Bowl yet. Moments like this make me wonder why I am an Eagles fan

5. dbones750 says: Jun 13, 2012 2:22 PM

Something’s not right. For some reason, Andy reid looks buff…

6. daysend564 says: Jun 13, 2012 2:31 PM

As good a chance to win the Superbowl with those guys as the rest of their roster.

7. DCBlueStar says: Jun 13, 2012 2:32 PM

I’m never playing Angry Birds again… and now I have to throw out my shirts.

8. 49erstim says: Jun 13, 2012 2:37 PM

That last line is harmful! Lol.

I also noticed that Reid’s cartoon doppelganger looked more Hulk and less Kool-aid Man… OH YEAHHH!

9. dukemarc says: Jun 13, 2012 2:38 PM

That’s the slimmest Andy Reid has ever looked.

10. greenbleeder says: Jun 13, 2012 2:53 PM

Jeez, let’s give Andy some credit, the man dropped 60 lbs. this off season.

11. booyaa63 says: Jun 13, 2012 2:56 PM

“millions of kids will be disappointed when they realize that they can beat everything but the final level.”

No better way to groom them as eagles fans

12. rajbais says: Jun 13, 2012 2:56 PM

I thought the Angry Birds were the hosts of the WIP Morning Show. The lead Bird: Angelo Cataldi!

13. bigbeefyd says: Jun 13, 2012 2:58 PM

Cartoon Andy Reid looks like he’s in way better shape than Real Andy Reid.

14. shackdelrio says: Jun 13, 2012 3:10 PM

In the video game, Andy Reid is apparently played by Robert Irvine from Food Network.

15. dexterismyhero says: Jun 13, 2012 3:17 PM

He almost looks like Peter Griffin with a stache…..

16. jacksaysfu says: Jun 13, 2012 3:29 PM

Philadelphia Eagles will win the Super Bowl this year . Remember the name . The Eagles have the most talented team in the NFL , bar none . The Giants will be looked at as the favorites in the East , but let’s be realistic , NY got hot at the right time . I mean the Redskins beat them twice . The Eagles finished the year on a 4 game winning streak , finished 5-1 in the division & made their team better by adding Demeco Ryans and Mychael Kendricks at linebacker . Graham & Allen are healthy and their team looks ready to dominate . …. E-A-G-L-E-S , EAGLES!!!!!!!

17. joshuavkidd says: Jun 13, 2012 3:31 PM

Andy dropped 160lbs this offseason… the moment he booted Banner out the door.

18. numberoneinthehoodg says: Jun 13, 2012 3:41 PM

They totally missed the best marketing promo for the NFL. The best angry bird still belongs to Bud Adams.

19. nokoolaidcowboy says: Jun 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Why not? It’s all sports “entertainment” anyway.
    At times the league takes it’s self too seriously anyway.

This will probably help expand their fan base.

20. granadafan says: Jun 13, 2012 3:57 PM

“DCBlueStar says: Jun 13, 2012 2:32 PM
    I’m never playing Angry Birds again… and now I have to throw out my shirts.”
    ============================================

Why in the world do you have multiple shirts that have Angry Birds on them?

21. 49erstim says: Jun 13, 2012 4:51 PM

@jacksaysfu….. I appreciate the love and devotion you have for your team. I really do….but please stop with the June SB predictions. I like your additions. Philly has shored up some defensive deficiencies and, if healthy, they could make some noise come January. The problem here is that the insecurities of both your team and fanbase has led to countless “guarantees” over the years. We understand that your team has underperformed and come within a hairs breath of glory, but until your QB proves he can stay healthy and not absorb Running Back type punishment and your defense proves they can gel into a cohesive unit, then you’re still the 3rd best team in the East. Sorry bro. Talent isn’t the issue. They’ve gotta prove it on the field.

22. b1rdbath says: Jun 13, 2012 5:29 PM

@jacksaysfu

I have been saying the same thing for almost 30 years……let’s wait and see to make any predictions.

@49erstim

I agree accept the Eagles have not been the 3rd best team in the NFC East for a long time…..I really do think they have been the best team in the division for quite a number of years (even though the giants are the champs)…..it always comes down to some bonehead decision or mistakes. It really is a question of leadership that haunts the eagles. Besides, I can see how you can make the argument for 2nd best in the east, but noway can you include the Cowboys in the discussion along with Eagles and Giants as far as dominance.

23. 49erstim says: Jun 13, 2012 6:38 PM

@b1rdbath… I said 3rd best because the ‘Boys and G-Men took it to the wire last year. Trust me when I say that it pains me deeply to give the Cowboys any love. Lol. I think your Eagles are more talented than Dallas though. I also really do like your Offseason additions. I hope for your sake that Ryans steps up as a leader immediately. Good luck.