Plaintiff in Pacman suit: “If he makes a dime, we’re going after it”

Adam Jones, Marvin Lewis AP

Tommy Urbanski, the former Las Vegas strip club employee who has been in a wheelchair since he was shot in 2007, was recently awarded $9.6 million in a lawsuit against Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones. And although Jones’s lawyer says he doesn’t have that kind of money, Urbanski says he’ll take whatever money Jones has.

Better start working, maybe get a second job like most of the United States does,” Urbanski told Fox 5 News in Las Vegas. “If he makes a dime, we’re going after it.”

Jones has also been ordered to pay $750,000 to Urbanski’s wife for loss of marital relations and $1.3 million to Aaron Cudworth, another strip club employee who was shot. Urbanski called the jury’s verdict “a little bit of justice that’s long overdue.”

Jones pleaded no contest to misdemeanor conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct in the incident, which began when Jones set off a melee in the club by throwing dollar bills around and then going after strippers who picked up the money. However, he denied that he had anything to do with the shooting outside the club afterward.

Jones is set to make a base salary of $950,000 for the Bengals this year.

Permalink 75 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
75 Responses to “Plaintiff in Pacman suit: “If he makes a dime, we’re going after it””
  1. idealisticapathetic says: Jun 17, 2012 7:38 PM

so he has to pay 11 million dollars for not shooing anyone?

sounds fair.

2. showerswithsandusky says: Jun 17, 2012 7:40 PM

Leave PacMan ALONE!

3. matthewcarlson1 says: Jun 17, 2012 7:41 PM

Urbanski: What? the guy who shot me is broke?

Lawyer: Yes but we’re in luck, a pro football player was there.

4. tonymission says: Jun 17, 2012 7:43 PM

You’d think the plaintiff had enough money from all the instructional baseball videos he’s sold.

5. hosmachine says: Jun 17, 2012 7:44 PM

Do they make spinners for a ford focus! Better get used to bling out with sterling silver and cubic zirconias hahaha Player!!!!

6. canetic says: Jun 17, 2012 7:46 PM

Settle down there buddy. The judgment is going to be appealed. You haven’t won anything yet.

7. cjmoderator says: Jun 17, 2012 7:51 PM

canetic says:Jun 17, 2012 7:46 PM

8. promickey says: Jun 17, 2012 7:54 PM

What does the shooter pay? I suspect there will be an appeal which should allow Pacman to make some more money with a new contract.

9. jagsfanugh says: Jun 17, 2012 7:54 PM

No way should Jones pay these losers. So what, he threw money around…I guess no one has done that before huh? HELLO.

10. evilgenetics79 says: Jun 17, 2012 7:54 PM

Why does everyone sue these days. and how does the guy who shot him not have to pay? That I would understand but going after the rich guy just because he was there. SMH our legal system is a joke now a days

11. starfan79 says: Jun 17, 2012 7:55 PM

“a little bit of Justice that is long overdue” —–
    Pacman didn’t shoot you. It was the other black guy.

Like I said before Im not a Pacman fan, But this is retarded. Justice is gonna end up giving this greedy gimp a flat tire in the rain…and I’m not tailing about his new pimped out crippled Astro van.

12. jshawaii22 says: Jun 17, 2012 7:56 PM

I doubt he will appeal. This is a civil case. The lawyer won’t file unless Pacman can pay him, both for the case just lost and probably up front for any appeal.

13. brums21 says: Jun 17, 2012 7:57 PM

This Urbanski dude is a clown. Adam did nothing criminal so where is the justice here? Go after the dude that shot you!! Urbanski, you are one greedy SOB.

14. bearsrulepackdrool says: Jun 17, 2012 7:59 PM

Simple logic. A man in jail can’t pay his medical bills. So sue then richest man there.

Isn’t this the same shooting that ESPN had footage of him Nelly and Jermaine Dupree making it rain? Weren’t there other people involved?

Pacmam shouldn’t have done what he did, but he got a raw deal.

15. whateverhommie says: Jun 17, 2012 8:02 PM

Two lesson’s to learn here:

1. Nothing good can be had when you go to an establishment late at night, where alcohol is served, and you are there to “make it rain.” “Making it rain” in general alone is never a wise choice whether it be money or champagne (see Javon Walker).

2. “If you lay down with dogs, you’ll get up with fleas.” This pertains to the argument that it wasn’t Pacman that pulled the trigger (Pacman’s co-defendant/co-conspirator testified it was Pacman who told him to shoot the victims)

Rule 2a: You deserve what comes your way pending the company you keep.

16. dryzzt23 says: Jun 17, 2012 8:03 PM

He SHOULD lose everything he has.

It doesn’t matter if he was the shooter or not, if he had not wanted to be so damn “cool” and “make it rain”, none of this would ever have happened.

17. eaglesfan290 says: Jun 17, 2012 8:17 PM

I fail to see how this is fair and I don’t even like Pacman!

18. ddtla says: Jun 17, 2012 8:23 PM

Some of u that said he should lose everything u r losers. So if u and a friend got into an alteration with someone and he killed the person and u had no idea that was going to happen when u were actually walking away. Should your family sue u even if you did nothing come on u would be the first one to call foul. So please quit being so ignorant.

19. lostsok says: Jun 17, 2012 8:23 PM

It seems to me Pacman would only be responsible if he could reasonably be proved to have known a shooting COULD happen as a result of “making it rain.”

I just don’t see the logic of that, though. There are thousands of strip clubs in this country full of drunk d-bags with more money than class and moderately hot young girls with insurmountable daddy issues.

How many shootings are there?

Some, I’m sure, but mathematically the odds are probably higher of dying in a car accident on the way to the club.

I gotta wonder about the caliber of Pacman’s defense attorney to lose THAT argument.

20. brenenostler says: Jun 17, 2012 8:23 PM

“Better start working. Maybe get a second job like most of the United States does.”

Please tell me what kind of second job will give him enough money to cover $11.6 million.

Also tell me how an NFL player is supposed to even be able to manage another job.

21. youcantmakemepickausername says: Jun 17, 2012 8:27 PM

————————————————–
    Not that i agree with the monetary verdict, but I’m clearly missing something. Maybe the obvious answer is that Pacman isn’t very bright, but what did he think the strippers were gonna do with the money? I’ve been to strip clubs before (albeit not with 80 grand), and if you throw money, it’s theirs.

22. dannymac17 says: Jun 17, 2012 8:27 PM

i feel this is wrong seeing in how he wasnt the trigger man.

although i think he is the scum of the earth, i think this is highly unfair

23. bearsrulepackdrool says: Jun 17, 2012 8:30 PM

He SHOULD lose everything he has.

———————————

No one is saying he isn’t responsible. He’s the only one paying 11 million. There were more people making it rain. There was the guy who actually did the shooting. Yet, he’s the only one paying all this money

24. ripster65 says: Jun 17, 2012 8:45 PM

I can’t I believe the fools who are speaking out on this idiots behalf…The guy’s been in trouble since day 1.

—-

—-

If I were the one who was shot, I wouldn’t give a crap how many jobs he has to keep, I’m taking everything I can get from him. What, is he supposed to get the proverbial slap on the wrist? You don’t llike the penalty, don’t put yourself in those situations! I don’t give a crap that he spoke at the rookie symposium or what he said. He’s a loser and I can’t see why anyone would put anything into words spewing from this clown’s piehole.

25. metalhead65 says: Jun 17, 2012 8:47 PM

if he was not there with his crew causing problems the guy never would have been shot. you hang around with low lifes who shoot somebody at the drop of a hat then you deserve what happens after. they were strippers and you tossed money at them what did you think they were going to do? the guy that got shot was just doing his job trying to stop the trouble you caused and your boy shot him. we are suppose to feel sorry for you because you were held accountable for your actions? he plead guilty so he would not have to serve jail time,meanwhile the guy who was shot because of him will spend the rest of his life in a wheel chair!

26. bigwalt2990 says: Jun 17, 2012 8:48 PM

nothing more American than taking someone else’s money. FREE MONEY!!!! (my life’s ruined, might as well ruin theirs) right?…vengeance!!

27. bigredjbird says: Jun 17, 2012 8:49 PM

Some states have laws that holds EVERYONE INVOLVED ACCOUNTABLE during a violent crime. Therefore, if youre the driver during a robbery, and the thief shoots and kills someone, you’re just as responsible in the crime as the shooter and charged accordingly. Pacman is well deserving and long overdue for what he is responsible for in this crime.

28. omnipotentcrab says: Jun 17, 2012 8:56 PM

As much as I think Pacman put himself and others into a bad situation by “making it rain” I think its quite ridiculous such a large judgement was levied against him. Maybe high 6 figures, but 750k for “loss of martial relations” seems quite ludicrous. Yeah he was a bonehead but he wasn’t the shooter nor was there a preponderance of evidence that he ordered or was in any way involved with it.

Sucks that the guy is paralyzed and I’d be bitter too, but really he’s just looking for someone to blame. I’d do the same, but the jurors/judge that awarded this verdict should be able to look past that. Awarding a ridiculous judgement just because you feel sorry that the guy’s in a wheelchair, makes me wonder how fair his trial was.

29. fballguy says: Jun 17, 2012 9:05 PM

I pray I never find myself at the mercy of a jury. Our legal system is a bigger crime than the ones being processed through it.

30. canetic says: Jun 17, 2012 9:06 PM

jshawaii22 says: Jun 17, 2012 7:56 PM

——————-

Despite your doubt, it’s already being appealed. Never in the history of litigation has an $11 million judgment NOT been appealed.

31. commonsensedude says: Jun 17, 2012 9:43 PM

Urbanski: “If he makes a dime, we’re going after it”

DeMaurice Smith: “Hey … he stole my line!”

32. godofwine330 says: Jun 17, 2012 9:48 PM

This is bull. He didn’t have a gun, and he didn’t pull the trigger. How is this his fault? They have a famous dude in the vicinity and there is nobody else of consequence to get money from. The shooter is broke and so was everybody else around, so since he is an NFL player lets get the one dude with money for every dime he has whether he had something to do with it or not.

Damned shame.

33. jredshoes says: Jun 17, 2012 9:50 PM

Here’s how this goes. First mr. PAC man appeals. Then when he loses appeal he declares bankruptcy, keeps his crib and the guy in the chair gets nada

34. shlort says: Jun 17, 2012 10:00 PM

I see a lot of people defending Mr Jones on here. Here is the thing. A jury ruled that Mr Jones’ actions lead directly to the injuriess to those who filed suit. No one on here defending Mr Jones was there, nor was I. The evidence was obviously enough to make a jury decide to hold Mr Jones liable. So what if Mr Jones has turned the page in his life and is doing great? When he was out of control and acting like a spoiled little kid, he did a lot of things off the field that made the headlines. Now he has to pay. So what? He should have behaved himself when he thought he was above everyone else. Chances are he didnt even care about those injured in this incident. I bet he cares about the incident now.

35. fullbagg says: Jun 17, 2012 10:07 PM

Maybe he can join the NFL network of Irving, Sapp and Imbred…

36. myopinionmattersandyoursblows says: Jun 17, 2012 10:20 PM

why would anyone defend Pacman Jones. Look at his character and behavior since he entered the NFL. He was arrested more often than than anyone in the history of the NFL.
    Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind, people!!

37. skinsrock says: Jun 17, 2012 10:45 PM

File bankruptcy … I would never pay…. He wasn’t responsible for anyone’s death, you are responsible for your own actions.

38. chazzmon says: Jun 17, 2012 10:48 PM

Pacman will be broke, whatever money the other guy gets he’ll blow inside of two years and the lawyers will be richer. Same ol Story…

39. iamhoraceknight says: Jun 17, 2012 10:52 PM

dryzzt23 says:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:03 PM

He SHOULD lose everything he has.

____________________________

There were plenty celebrities throwing money around. Do a little more research.

Plenty of people could have been the cause.

40. beerbudsnbevo says: Jun 17, 2012 10:56 PM

They can sue for all the money want now, but they will never be able to touch his NFL pension…just like OJ….

So at worst, he’ll still live better than the average middle class working man

41. grudenthediva says: Jun 17, 2012 10:58 PM

“SMH our legal system is a joke now a days”

Yes, PLEASE enlighten us as to the breadth of your legal knowledge. All we need now is one of those sarcastic Gene Wilder meme photos.

Cops, lawyers and firemen – all you couch jockeys want to bash them every chance you get, in the big bad comments sections, but when you need one you can’t dial fast enough. Next time you need help, call a crackhead and see where it gets you.

Watching an episode of Judge Judy doesn’t make you a legal scholar, sonny.

42. iknowurider72 says: Jun 17, 2012 11:01 PM

Stay strong Adam. This is a BS verdict and you’ll be able to appeal. Stay on the same path and it will all work out. The fans in Cinci support you and we want to see you play at the Pro-bowl level you’re capable of.

43. smadison29 says: Jun 17, 2012 11:18 PM

He SHOULD lose everything he has.

====================================

The stupidest remarks I’ve ever heard. Pacman didn’t do anything violent. Now he’d have thrown the first punch or drew a weapon on someone that started this whole incident that’s one thing but doing a non-violent act that caused other people to fight & get shot that’s not on him.

That’s like you driving your car, see a hot chick in a thong bent over distracting you which results in you running over & paralyzing another pedestrian. You don’t have any money but the hot chick turns out to be Kate Upton & the paralyzed person sues her for $11 mil.

This whole case is ridiculous.

44. nomesayin says: Jun 17, 2012 11:29 PM

“If he makes a dime, we’re going after it””
    …of that 10 cents Pacman makes the IRS will take something like 2.5 cents (or more) leaving you approx 7.5 cents (or less).

Oh! Not so fast. Bubble-boy, of that 7.5 cents, your lawyer will take 2.5 cents.

Wait!! The IRS now requires it’s pound of flesh from YOU. Subtract 1.4 cents. There you g…oops wait! NOW your ex will want 50% 0f that!

Enjoy!
    God Bless America!

45. nopepper123 says: Jun 17, 2012 11:31 PM

I think everyone is missing the boat to the biggest question of all here……….

Will Pac Man return any punts this year for TD’s?

46. beerbudsnbevo says: Jun 17, 2012 11:37 PM

Well, all he has to play for now is pride….

Oh yeah, almost forgot….

He lost any little bit of pride he had when he tried to take his $1 dollar bills back from the strippers, when he made it rain up in the club….

47. beerbudsnbevo says: Jun 17, 2012 11:41 PM

“SMH our legal system is a joke now a days”

Watching an episode of Judge Judy doesn’t make you a legal scholar, sonny.

**************

Yeah…and now we all know Grudenthediva has a paralegal for a roomate….

48. brewcrewfan54 says: Jun 18, 2012 12:26 AM

When you’re a bouncer at a strip club anywhere don’t you assume some risk that you may get injured?

49. thatboybaked says: Jun 18, 2012 12:33 AM

QUOTE —–> “Pacman CAUSED the situation that resulted in one death and another guy being paralyzed.

He SHOULD lose everything he has.

Therefore, at least in my eyes, Pacman IS responsible and a jury of his/my peers agree with me.”

———————————————

Do you realize how absolutely retarded your logic is? That is like saying a girl deserves to get raped because she is hot.

50. kilo0986 says: Jun 18, 2012 12:40 AM

Lol, damn.

51. upperdecker19 says: Jun 18, 2012 12:41 AM

Change your name to Asteroids or Space Invaders, and hope the plantiff never finds you.

52. biggestredmiami says: Jun 18, 2012 1:10 AM

Honestly, Pacman may be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, clowns in NFL history, but this is WAY TOO HARSH. 1) He didn’t shoot anybody. 2) There is no evidence that he told anyone to shoot the guy. 3) how much money would have been rewarded if it weren’t Pacman Jones? 4) I feel absolutely terrible for the victim because I couldn’t imagine losing my legs, but you are maliciously going after the wrong guy for the wrong reason.

Pacman was finally on the path to getting his life on track, this is going to cause him to do something stupid to get the money. Really just a terrible situation and I can’t tell you how bad I actually feel for Pacman. He didn’t even paralyze the guy!!!

53. rtk23 says: Jun 18, 2012 1:11 AM

Sounds like this paralyzation couldn’t have happened to a more swell fellow.

54. jessethegreat says: Jun 18, 2012 1:18 AM

I feel bad for the guy… he likely will never be able to get it up again without major help, but 11 million?

Forget that Pac…. Get cut. Get a minimum wage job at McDonalds or something. You still gotta be able to support your family, so they can’t take everything. Let them take 50% of your McDonalds job and support your family on your NFL pension.

There’s no way in hell I’d bust my arse risking concussions and everything else while watching some greedy pig that was just in the wrong place at the wrong time cash my hard earned checks.

55. mwindle1973 says: Jun 18, 2012 1:22 AM

I’ve heard lots of breakdowns on this issue in the comments..so here’s mine…his name is not Pacman. Maybe before you pass judgement on Jones, why don’t you look at some of his boyhood buddies and see how they’re doing in prison or the cemetery. Let’s set aside all the money arguments and such…what has the man really done to society to be so hated. Did he rape or murder someone? Did he kill dogs? Did he deal drugs? In other words has he ever done anything directly to another individual other than minor incidents such as making it rain. If people didn’t react like a mob of idiots to a few dollars on the floor, then idiots wouldn’t make it rain. In Jones’ words his behavior through that period “was pathetic”. If he’s made the attempt to change then it really doesn’t matter what people think about it then does it? It’s between him, God and the law. I think what people are missing is there is no news about the judges full decision. What is the apparatus by which the suing parties can collect the judgement. That can vary by case. In other words, in some cases you can garnish, etc. In some cases you have no way to collect, just a judgement, but no order to pay. It’s not a great explanation, but it’s complicated, and don’t completely understand myself. I just know that sometimes you have to sue someone again and get a another court to rule they have to pay on the judgement. Often too, the party that is sued can simply bankrupt a large portion or all of the judgement. It just depends on how much money they have in the first place. Civil cases have a much greater chance of success with appeal than a criminal case.

56. mwindle1973 says: Jun 18, 2012 1:29 AM

What I’m wondering is if Jones is solely responsible for the shooting even though he didn’t shoot anyone is this…what about the night club? How are they not responsible? Aren’t they responsible for providing a safe environment for their patrons? It seems they may have not had enough security on hand to handle the types of patrons they had. I’m wondering how this holds up on appeal. Because it seems that the jury held Jones responsible for the entire financial responsibility. Instead of holding him responsible for the portion that his actions caused. Even if they believed he ordered the shooting. Two questions…first was the shooter on Jones’ payroll or otherwise under his control? Secondly the person actually pulling the trigger regardless of Jones’ orders, etc is responsible for shooting the people. They must be at least partially responsible for the financial damage caused. So how can Jones be ordered to pay for all the damages?

57. arzcardinals says: Jun 18, 2012 2:12 AM

Allow someone to stright jacket your arms and wire tie your legs together then sit in a wheelchair with only tour head to move. Do this one freaking day..just one and you’ll feel what this guy does every day and he will never heal. PAC was a part of this and has a ton of prior arrests. He was a punk…isn’t anymore…but he has to pay the price for his involvement in the crime. Spend one day bound to a wheelchair and I’ll bet u change your tune.
    Freaking sick some of you are more interested in his playing career and can ignore this mans plight.

58. discosucs2005 says: Jun 18, 2012 2:54 AM

“the fans in Cinci support you.”

Well I don’t think anyone doubted that.

59. trevor123698 says: Jun 18, 2012 4:29 AM

I may be wrong but as I understand it Pacman has no obligation to pony up with any currency over this suit.

60. pftcensorssuck says: Jun 18, 2012 5:46 AM

You people saying Adam Jones got a raw deal, need to do a little research before you start spouting this BS.

I just tried to find out who this “shooter”, who everyone suggests is in jail, was.

I couldn’t come up with any name.

Go ahead and Google “Who shot Tom Urbanski?” and see what you come up with.

What I did find out was that Pacman Jones and Nelly showed up with an entourage and a bag full of cash. They freely “showered” the stage with the money.

They CLAIMED afterwards that they supposedly had an agreement with the club promotor that the money was to be returned to Jones.

Now, what kind of moron drops $80,000 on a public stage and expects to get it back, is beyond me. But let’s believe this saint of a man for a moment.

A melee breaks out from Jones personally when he gats angry about the money. Jones and some of his “crew” need to be physically restrained, which Jones attempts to interfere with. All of this is apparently on videotape inside the club.

Jones – in front of several witnesses – threatens one of the bouncers that he will be killed. There is no dispute about that!

Jones and his party are expelled from the club, and the melee escalates in the parking lot. There is no duispute about this, either.

Someone – a person several people, as well as videotape inside the club, verify was with Adam Jones – steps out from behind a tree, and fires four shots into a crowd, hitting the bouncer that Jones threatened to kill, as well as a bouncer just coming to work.

Here’s the reason Pacman Jones is being sued, and no one else;

1) Jones THREATENED one of the bouncers who got shot, with death.

2) The shooter was known to have been with Jones in the club

3) Jones has repeated claimed not to have known the shooter, who was WITH him.

Adam Jones CREATED the problem in the club by “making it rain”, and then by demanding his money back, and creating a near-riot inside the club. HE set the stage for what happened. For that, he is essentially the guy who drove the get-away car, who is just as guilty for the robbery as the guy in the bank with the gun.

Moreso, the “shooter” was part of Jones’ “posse”.

Most important, Jones REFUSED to identify the actual shooter, who was known to be with him.

To those who criticize Tom Urbanski, read a little bit about what that man’s life is like, since the shooting. Ask yourselves one question: Would YOU change lives with Tom Urbanski if it meant having $11 million (which he wil likely never see) but be paralyzed for the rest of your life.

Would you?

I didn’t think so.

Pacman Jones created this incident, he escalated it, and he protected the actual shooter, people.

How can you say he doesn’t deserve this judgement????

Get educated and stop enabling jacka$$es like Pacman Jones.

61. mobile732 says: Jun 18, 2012 7:31 AM

Maybe if the security guard who got shot was good at his job there would have never been a gun in the strip club to begin with or since he screwed that up he should have known what his job consisted of and knew the dangers it’s like a boxer suing another boxer for punching to hard or a foot ball player suing for getting a concussion lol you know the dangers when signing up stop being so soft

62. cornersss says: Jun 18, 2012 8:03 AM

Pacman is a knucklehead but this makes little sense.

Can you imagine if every employ whos job is to engage unruly folks gets hurt, and sues?! Thats your job. I dont see how tossing 1′s around got you shot.

Sounds like the courts went after the closest wallet.

63. cornersss says: Jun 18, 2012 8:06 AM

“And here’s the kicker, Pacman will surely file bankruptcy and the plaintiff will no longer be his concern.”

Bankruptcy doesn’t make civil settlements, against a person, just disappear

I think from the very little info pft gave us this sounds like a horrible lawsuit

64. cornersss says: Jun 18, 2012 8:17 AM

“NOW your ex will want 50% 0f that!”

I bet thats how it goes too. Shes already getting $750k for divorcing her now crippled husband.

Like we should pay people for giving up on their spouses after their spouse lost the ability to walk. Its nutz. Her marriage could have easily ended even if he wasnt shot,being in vegas id bet on it

65. jm91rs says: Jun 18, 2012 9:11 AM

Everyone wins if the appeal comes back at a reduced reasonable amount.

While I think it’s insane for him to be financially responsible for the actions of another (imagine spilling a beer on someone, that someone fights you, a big fight errupts at the bar, one of the fighters shoots someone and now you owe that somene $11 million), 11 million is a number that Pacman will never make. You can bet your life that he didn’t save any of his rookie deal money and at 950k per year in the NFL he’s going to have to make it another 12 seasons to pay the judgement. So the shooting victim will get nothing when pacman declares bankruptcy.

Make it a reasonable number like $2 mil (he can live a pretty nice life in a pretty nice handicap accessible home for $2 mil), and Pacman will have no way to declare bankruptcy. 2 years salary is a heck of a punishment for pacman and the guy actually gets some money instead of judgement that will never get fulfilled.

66. spcoltrane says: Jun 18, 2012 9:14 AM

This is a problem with the legal system, but not the one most people think. This was a jury trial, and juries are influenced by irrelevant factors such as the identity of the defendant – professional NFL athlete.
    There are two issues to determine in a civil action – liability and damages.
    Pacman’s liability appears questionable. Some of you may recall the riots in Vancouver last year after the Bruins beat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup final. On the plaintiff’s reasoning in Pacman’s case (apparently accepted by the jury) the Boston Bruins are liable to the store owners whose shops were burned down because they “caused” the riots.
    As for damages, the reports indicate Urbanski is now confined to a wheelchair for life – he was the victim of a stupid crime and should not have to live on food stamps and welfare. However, sympathy for the victim does not mean Pacman was liable for Urbanski’s injuries or that he should bear the cost of his future care.

67. mannyicey says: Jun 18, 2012 9:59 AM

This is a CIVIL suit, right? So I agree with the previous poster: File Bankruptcy protection and keep it moving.

I mean, it’s even unsecured debt. Just put Urbanski’s name right along side of Citigroup Visa and file it. I mean, he’ll get something in the Chapter 13, but not all of that money.

68. ty46 says: Jun 18, 2012 10:34 AM

So the jury thinks, a strip club doesn’t attract bad guys, but Jones does..

69. trojan33sc says: Jun 18, 2012 10:42 AM

idealisticapathetic says: Jun 17, 2012 7:38 PM

so he has to pay 11 million dollars for not shooing anyone?

sounds fair.
    ***********************************************
    I gotta side with idealisticapathetic on this one !! why aren’t they hammering the actual “shooter” in this fiasco ? oh yeah, he’s BROKE ! so you gotta follow the money and make PacMan accountable for something he didn’t do. now THAT makes sense. Greedy suckubus, the guy in the wheelchair makes it sound like it’s all PacMan’s fault and is maliciously pursuing him. What a joke !!! Just after that free lunch……………

70. situsavaisprier says: Jun 18, 2012 11:06 AM

That’s society these days. Always look to sue the celebrity, athlete, money tree that happens to be at the event. That’s what plenty of people do these days and it’s ridiculous. The way this is, they act like Pacman not only paralyzed the man, but caused a bunch of the man’s family to go homeless for a decade or something.

If you are a monet tree you have to be careful. People will try to sue you for any damn thing. Pacman could have pushed the guy for instance as a melee started with other people pushing and shoving the guy around, yet he clearly remembers when Pacman pushed him. It doesn’t matter nothing happened to him. He can sue and claim psychological trauma, emotional trauma, and others in his suit.

Wonderful how America has become. You can get rich with a reality TV show (too many people do this) or you can find a way to sue a money tree in some way. What kills me is there are quite a bit of people that can’t understand this. Yes, Pacman has fault in this, but he didn’t paralyze the man. The man who fired the shot had the gun the whole time. What is he doing with it? I guess people don’t care about that and just worry about the money tree in this.

71. blackstonevalleykettlebells says: Jun 18, 2012 11:20 AM

Pacman ordered the guy to shoot not once, twice. He should be in jail on conspiracy to commit murder. And the guy was shot hours after he slapped Pacman around for getting physical with a stripper. Pay up Pacman

72. dsharpe8 says: Jun 18, 2012 12:05 PM

MONEY GRAB!!! When in doubt sue the nearest celebrity, you may strike it like the lotto… He wasn’t even the shooter, nor did he tell someone else to pull the trigger for him…

73. tebowsafraud says: Jun 18, 2012 2:03 PM

The jury heard and saw the evidence. Jones had a full and fair chance to prove his innocence but he failed. As in the OJ Simpson case, a CIVIL verdict is easier to obtain as “beyond reasonable doubt” is not required-only common sense.

By the way, the convicted shooter is in prison because Jones “snitched” at his trial and said he saw the guy do the shooting. This is after Pacman was heard by at least 6 people telling the guys that threw him out of the club “you won’t live to see the morning”.

Of course he will appeal—and he will lose. But as so many morons on here suggested he CANNOT file bankruptcy to get rid of the judgment. Not all debts are dischargeable in a filing. Plus he makes too much money to file.

I’m sure his plan is to keep appealing until his career is over-hide whatever cash (and Super Bowl rings he may have)- and THEN file. Or do a Bowie Kuhn (or an OJ if you prefer) and move to Florida.

74. bigredjbird says: Jun 18, 2012 11:44 PM

censorsuck- Very well said!

75. n8sheridan says: Jun 23, 2013 9:51 PM

I guarantee everyone that he WILL NOT appeal, because in order to appeal a civil judgment, the Defendant must post a bond for the entire amount of the judgment as security pending appeal. As, Pacman’s own lawyer screwed his client by claiming he won’t ever be able to pay the judgment amount, no bonding company in the world would post a civil judgment bond on his behalf, as the plaintiffs could recover against the bond upon succeeding on appeal, leaving the bonding company high and dry.