Kroy Biermann hoping to become a reality star on the field

Andy Cohen, Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann AP

Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann is apparently married to a woman named Kim Zolciak.

She is apparently on a television show called The Real Houswives of Atlanta, which is apparently popular with a large number of people. (I’m sure it’s great. Just, this would be a good time to thank the inventors of The Google.)

But Biermann didn’t want to discuss the show, saying “I can’t talk about that,” adding that “maybe” he’d discuss it later.

More importantly to him, and the Falcons, is the fact he’s growing into a bigger, more diverse role in Mike Nolan’s new defense.

The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Biermann has always been a jack-of-all-trades for the Falcons. He can rush the passer from inside or the edge. He’s good against the run. He can drop back when need be. He returned an interception 50 yards for a touchdown last year. He plays special teams. That’s why they gave him a three-year deal worth up to $12.15 million this offseason.

And now, he hopes to take it up a notch.

“I need to get more sacks,” Biermann told D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I’ve got to stop the run. I’ve got to do what I’m supposed to do on special teams. I just have to go out there to play football. That’s what they brought me back to do.”

Using him as a hybrid player could give the Falcons some defensive flexibility, and head coach Mike Smith said Nolan “wants to try to make it complex for the opposing team.”

If that happens, Biermann’s talented enough that he might become more well-known than his wife, who is apparently quite well-known.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Kroy Biermann hoping to become a reality star on the field”
  1. northern49niner says: Jun 20, 2012 11:53 AM

Kroy’s always been underrated. He an athletic playmaker and got the money he deserved. Way to go Kroy!! Good ‘ol boy from Montana!

2. dzor22 says: Jun 20, 2012 11:56 AM

Ok Saints fans…this is not the place to cry about how mean Roger Goodell is. Go Kroy and the Birds!

3. nepaseahawk says: Jun 20, 2012 12:14 PM

she must be happy with the provider she selected. …and he must be so proud of her showing the world what a shallow money hungry elitist she is week in and week out…. prepare to lose half of all you have biermann

4. jerrysandusky1 says: Jun 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Remember Kroy’s pick-6 against CLE; tipped it, fell, got up, caught it, en route to end zone. Great play.

5. effedinLA says: Jun 20, 2012 1:08 PM

Nope don’t remember it. Was it on an episode of Real Housewives? This will end as well as Lamar and what’s her name.

6. profootballwalk says: Jun 20, 2012 2:10 PM

“Just, this would be a good time to thank the inventors of The Google.)”

Just, this would be a good time to get an English grammar book. That writing-as-if-I-was-talking style is painful. No sooner do we get rid of Rosenthal and his mangling of the language, and his replacement is brought in to carry on the tradition.

7. thatstinks says: Jun 20, 2012 3:29 PM

@ nepaseahawk

It pains me to type this but I think if a divorce was to happen Koy could sue her for alimony .