Demaryius Thomas hopes to take advantage of playing with Manning

Demaryius Thomas AP

Peyton Manning has never played with a receiver like Demaryius Thomas before.

Don’t take my word for it. Take Manning’s. The Broncos quarterback played with some good receivers during his years with the Colts (and made a lot of average ones look better), but he told Thomas that this is a new experience. At 6’3″ and 236 pounds, Thomas bears little physical resemblance to those receivers.

Thomas told Bill Williamson of ESPN.com that he knows Peyton is looking forward to it and that he’s also excited about the opportunity to play with Manning.

“That’s all I think about; just making sure I take advantage of this,” Thomas said. “Every time I make a mistake, I get mad at myself because I know Peyton is counting on me. I have to be good. Peyton picked the Broncos, and I have to make him know he made the right choice.”

Thomas has flashed serious ability in his first two years despite injuries and poor quarterback play limiting his chances to put up big numbers. He’ll have to make adjustments to playing with Manning, but he sounds more than willing to make them this summer. Manning has looked healthy thus far and thoughts of this partnership likely make for some happy thoughts at Broncos headquarters.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
21 Responses to “Demaryius Thomas hopes to take advantage of playing with Manning”
  1. rajbais says: Jun 22, 2012 12:47 PM

Demaryus Thomas will have a good year this year. Unlike Tebow, Manning is a “real quarterback”!!!

2. profootballwalk says: Jun 22, 2012 12:54 PM

Peyton Manning played with some ‘good’ receivers? Marvin Harrison was ‘good?’ Reggie Wayne was ‘good?’ Dallas Clark was ‘good?’ Where do they find these people?

3. realitypolice says: Jun 22, 2012 1:02 PM

My first comment after Manning signed there was a prediction that Thomas would challenge to be one of the best recievers in the NFL.

What he managed to do with absolutely horrid QB last year was amazing, and with the ball being exactly where it’s supposed to be exactly when it’s supposed to be there this year, I predict great things for him.

4. monosylab1k says: Jun 22, 2012 1:08 PM

This is why it helps so much when a team’s QB is an incredibly hard worker like Manning…I think the 10-6 record a lot of writers are predicting this year might be selling them short.

5. nepaseahawk says: Jun 22, 2012 1:18 PM

beware the curse of tebow

6. rolloxd says: Jun 22, 2012 1:33 PM

OpThomas Prime is going to have a monster year. Along with Eric Decker our Offense will be deadly.

7. nepaseahawk says: Jun 22, 2012 1:35 PM

I love the bronco tebow bashers….who probably owned a no. 15 broncos jersey. careful what you wish for people….blablabla it was all about tebow everyone focused on tebow,nobody gave anyone credit besides tebow,is what tebows former teammates are complaining about…..but practically every story coming of denver is peyton peyton peyton peyton. we’ll see how well things work out.

8. kcfan4lyfe says: Jun 22, 2012 1:55 PM

that guy is a beast and I for am going to draft him early on my ffl teams…with Manning he will be a Pro Bowl caliber WR

9. kcfan4lyfe says: Jun 22, 2012 1:55 PM

“and I for one” it should have read

10. airdank says: Jun 22, 2012 2:04 PM

That is NOT a picture of either D. Thomas or P. Manning

11. yssupasigninnamnotyep says: Jun 22, 2012 2:04 PM

Another Donkey and MegaHead post…ugh.

Why don’t you guys just start another site or two:

donkeyfootballtalk.com
    megaheadfootballtalk.com

12. jshamley says: Jun 22, 2012 2:39 PM

I hope DT steps up this year, he has had some flashes, but he needs to stay healthy. I have high hopes for the Broncos this year.

13. milehigh85 says: Jun 22, 2012 2:41 PM

You don’t like it? Don’t read it…

14. davidcl77 says: Jun 22, 2012 2:49 PM

Let’s hope he plays better than he talks.

15. trubroncfan07 says: Jun 22, 2012 3:04 PM

I think Thomas can be a top ten receiver if Manning stays healthy, hate these Tebow Broncos fans, liked what Tebow did last year, excited to see what Manning can do this year, and will be rooting for the Broncos after Manning is gone. Go Broncos!

16. nepaseahawk says: Jun 22, 2012 3:13 PM

you freaks put up billboards…….now trashtalk

17. peytonsneck18 says: Jun 22, 2012 4:42 PM

sorry, but peyton is not the 2004 version the bronchokes are getting, this is the 4 neck procedures, one year away from football and 37 year old, sorry bronchokes fans, but dont get SB dreams in yr heads, cause peyton wont get u there!!!

18. rodaday says: Jun 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Nov-25 @KC 2-9
    Dec-02 TB 3-9
    Dec-06 @OAK 4-9
    Dec-16 @BAL 4-10
    Dec-23 CLE 5-10
    Dec-30 KC 6-10

Manning and Thomas will watch Tim Tebow and the Jets in the AFC playoffs for home.

19. davidcl77 says: Jun 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Rodaday, most likely pretty accurate!

20. ebbycalvinlaloosh says: Jun 23, 2012 10:32 AM

Dec-02 TB 3-9
    Dec-06 @OAK 4-9
    Dec-16 @BAL 4-10
    Dec-23 CLE 5-10
    Dec-30 KC 6-10

——————————————————————–

If Tebow was still the quarterback you’d be right. In fact, they probably would win 6. However, the Broncos signed a guy by the name of Peyton Manning this offseason. Ever heard of him? He’s going to make them better.

21. rodaday says: Jun 25, 2012 10:03 AM

———————————————–

Yeah, I heard of him, great QB, but no one player makes that much of a difference. He doesn’t play defensive line, doesn’t play cornerback and he doesn’t run routes. Decker and Thomas don’t get enough separation and don’t have the greatest hands. Their TEs are mediocre, McGahee is too old to repeat his performance from last year and the rest of the RBs are rookies and/or question marks.

Tebow will win a Super Bowl with the Jets before Manning wins one with Denver.