Troy Brown, Mark Tauscher win TV gigs at Broadcast Boot Camp

Troy+Brown+Miami+Dolphins+v+New+England+Patriots+VbFzlwI6rP1l Getty Images

Troy Brown played wide receiver and defensive back during his long career with the Patriots and he’s adding another position to the list in retirement.

Brown will be a studio analyst for one game as a result of his strong work at the NFL Broadcast Boot Camp in New Jersey this week. Brown was one of 23 current and former players accepted into the six-year-old program designed to help players move into broadcasting when they are done playing. Former Packers tackle Mark Tauscher won the same one-game gig at the end of the four-day camp.

Now for the bad news. Unless you’re in the United Kingdom, you won’t be able to see how they do. Both players will be doing their analysis for the league’s UK partners in games shown on the other side of the Atlantic. If they do well, there’s probably a good shot you’ll wind up seeing them over here at this point.

You can listen to two other winners. Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson and Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen were chosen to be co-hosts on Sirius XM NFL Radio at some point during the regular season. The dates of all four assignments will be announced in the future.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Troy Brown, Mark Tauscher win TV gigs at Broadcast Boot Camp”
  1. backindasaddle says: Jun 22, 2012 6:54 PM

Good for all those guys. As a long time Pats fan I’m particularly happy for Troy Brown. The guy was the absolute prototype of a selfless, hard working, do-whatever-is-asked-of-me, kind of player. He was successful in the NFL because he worked hard, was the consummate pro, was smart, and willing to do whatever he could for the team. In listening to him over the past couple of years talking on local sports radio he has also shown he can handle the broadcasting arena very well offering great analysis and insight into everything NFL. The guy is just somebody that can be held up as a really positive example to anybody. Just a great guy.

2. beerbratscheese says: Jun 22, 2012 9:21 PM

Can someone please explain the posting rules on this site? I had a post deleted for merely pointing out that Mark Tauscher only had one sentence devoted to him in this article. I sincerely hope that didn’t offend anyone.

3. j0esixpack says: Jun 22, 2012 10:03 PM

He earned this bootcamp gig

4. hobokenbill says: Jun 22, 2012 10:59 PM

I heard David Caldwell on the bootcamp radio spot and thought he did well too. Maybe i have a Jersey bias, but i would listen to that guy if he had a regular radio gig

5. unbreakable02215 says: Jun 22, 2012 11:32 PM

BINGOOOOO ! I got BINGOOOO !

Pats fans will get the above reference.

6. mgfred says: Jun 23, 2012 12:09 AM

backindasaddle: you have left me speechless, I couldb’t agree more with everything you just said!

7. slizzyslizz says: Jun 23, 2012 12:35 AM

You have to tip your hat to Nate Burleson…3 nfl contracts under his belt and poised to be involved in the game after he’s done playing.

I’m willing to bet that the self proclaimed Black Wes Welker has made more coin than the actual Wes Welker.

Ok my seventeen seconds of caring are done.

8. greekgodfather says: Jun 23, 2012 1:47 AM

As a member of the Troy Brown Fan Club I am happy for his continuing success. You will not find a more humble, down to earth, likeable, dependable loyal, personable guy than Troy Brown. Out of all my personal Patriot favorites, he’s the one I would have liked to have a beer with and shoot the breeze.

9. blackqbwhiterb says: Jun 23, 2012 7:06 AM

Troy Brown belongs in the Hall of Fame more than several guys that are in it. He and Kevin Faulk never got famous like Brady and that defense, but they simply came through in crunch time every time….

10. BurkieInBoston says: Jun 23, 2012 12:07 PM

Will he get to keep his gig with CSNE?

11. spartaninnh says: Jun 23, 2012 12:18 PM

Nate Burleson is a natural. Smooth, intelligent, answers questions well, never seems to be caught off guard.

Good luck to Nate whenever the inevitable transition from the NFL to the broadcast booth happens.

12. apm says: Jun 25, 2012 10:58 AM

On Wisconsin Tausch!

13. bcgreg says: Jun 26, 2012 10:41 PM

joesixpack says:

“I’ve heard Troy on the radio before. He’s pretty good and has good insights into the game. With a little practice he could be pretty good.”

So, what are you saying? A “little practice” won’t improve his performance? I mean. You think he’d be “pretty good” after a “little practice” even though you already think he’s “pretty good” already. I would think a “little practice” would make him better.