Brett Favre: “I really don’t care” if Saints had a bounty

favre-saints Reuters

Brett Favre’s name has come up repeatedly in the NFL’s investigation into the Saints’ bounty program, but Favre himself hasn’t had a lot to say about it. Mostly because he doesn’t care.

Favre said in an interview on NFL Network that when he looks back on the Vikings’ loss to the Saints in the NFC Championship Game two and a half years ago, he thinks about the fact that he fell short of his last, best chance to reach another Super Bowl, and not about any bounty the Saints might have had on him.

“My feeling, and I mean this wholeheartedly, is I really don’t care,” Favre said. “What bothers me is we didn’t win the game.”

As the 42-year-old Favre looks back on his NFL career, he takes pride in the fact that the loss to the Saints was one of an NFL-record 321 consecutive games that he played.

“They didn’t take me out of the game,” Favre said. “They came close, but a lot of people have come close. I’m too stubborn to come out. Plus, that was kind of a big game. I’m not going to sit the last three minutes. I’m going to go out there with bone sticking out of my skin and I’m going to finish it. I’m just upset we didn’t win.”

Favre doesn’t care about bounties. But he clearly still cares that the Vikings lost.

Permalink 56 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
56 Responses to “Brett Favre: “I really don’t care” if Saints had a bounty”
  1. emotionalfatguy says: Jun 23, 2012 6:35 AM

Good on him!…..I guess.

Id probably care if someone was deliberately attempting to take me out of the game, though.

2. staffordsyear says: Jun 23, 2012 6:43 AM

Maybe he shouldnt have thrown that idiotic pass at the end?..oh well its the vikings,whadya do.

3. rcbn says: Jun 23, 2012 6:51 AM

Honestly, I really don’t care that Brett Farve doesn’t care! Just another opportunity for Brett to get face time from the media! Say Goodbye Brett!

4. beerandtitties says: Jun 23, 2012 6:51 AM

Brett Favre says: “I’m surprised it took the Saints so long”

5. mjbulls45 says: Jun 23, 2012 7:07 AM

well at 7 am on a saturday east coast morning in the summer of 2012….

i must say – I STILL CARE,

and im not a vikes fan, a lil piece of me died that day in New Orleans,

alotta ppl put everything we had that year into Favre, we wanted it for you, for us, for a city that was 0-4 in superbowls…

favre vs manning in a SB would have been priceless, he could have got the ring and retired…

now were stuck with re-runs of discount double check commercials and non-sense,

thank goodness book of Eli beat Green Bay, never will Rodgers get another ring,

Favre you blew it, i love you, your the stone cold steve austin of the NFL – one tough S.O.B!!!! Iron Man streak Cal Rypkin style!

6. robf2010 says: Jun 23, 2012 7:14 AM

Every one of us has said at one time or another that our team has got to get pressure on the quarterback, especially a great quarterback who was carving up our team’s defense.

It was fairly obvious to just about everyone that the Saints were going after Brett Favre. Everyone except Brad Childress. Why didn’t the Vikings adjust? Why didn’t they leave Visanthe Shiancoe or Chester Taylor in to block? The Saints defensive line was mauling the Vikings offensive line. Bottom line: The responsibility to protect Brett Favre belongs to the Vikings, not the officials and not the league.

Nobody would have even raised an eyebrow had the Giants, Steelers, Bears, or Ravens battered Favre. The Saints were thought to be a “finesse” team, though. As Coyote Shivers would say, “Sometimes, reputations outlive their applications”.

7. chrispickens1220 says: Jun 23, 2012 7:33 AM

Favre doesn’t care because he’s out of the game, and he couldn’t care less about the implications for kids still playing the game. Favre has never cared about anyone but Favre.

8. crabboil says: Jun 23, 2012 7:44 AM

emotionalfatguy says:
    Jun 23, 2012 6:35 AM
    Good on him!…..I guess.

——

That’s because you never played QB. If you had, you’d know that QBs are targeted every time they step on the field.

9. ausernamethatisavailable says: Jun 23, 2012 7:50 AM

Probably bc their was a “bounty” on him each of the last 200 games of that streak. It’s kind of what the defense tries to do.

10. burgandyandgoldfan says: Jun 23, 2012 7:51 AM

That’s the best reaction to this so called “scandal” I have read so far…

11. mwindle1973 says: Jun 23, 2012 7:51 AM

Maybe he wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of knowing if he did care. Would you? Plus do you know how many fans he has in the NO area? He still does have a legacy to protect. But common sense tells you he probably wasn’t too happy about it. Perhaps if we’d had asked him right after the game while he looked like he had a grapefruit stuck in his leg/ankle…or perhaps if we asked him if the loss stung worse because the other team cheated? But no, I believe Favre would say they shouldn’t have been in a position to let cheating effect the game. That’s the thing too, this whole thing is disgusting, but I’m not even sure it helped the Saints to cheat in this way. I wonder if they would’ve been a better D if they actually just focused 100% on stopping the other team instead of obsessing about injuring people? In the end as a fan it disgusts me…remember Dungy saying that he believes Manning’s neck injury happened against the Saints, and now has to believe they had a bounty on him? And then they cheapshot Warner & Favre in their last playoff run?

12. bosspower says: Jun 23, 2012 8:04 AM

I thought that was an idioctic pass at the time but now that I kno a Bounty was in place, I can say judging from that pass at that point in the game that Farve knew they were trying to take him out. All he had to do was Run and slide but the Saints were taking cheap shots so he panicked and threw the worst Int of his career.

13. vikescry1 says: Jun 23, 2012 8:07 AM

i’m pretty sure the saints weren’t the first team to have a bounty on him and he knows it. as a packers fan lifes too short, and i hope the rest of packers nation forgive him and cheer for him when he comes back to retire his number.

14. mempusa says: Jun 23, 2012 8:12 AM

For the first time since Brett was in GB, he said something I appreciate. The fact of the matter is, when Favre was a “target”; he knows the Saints weren’t the only team who “dotted” him. I can’t stand Favre based on his actions through the twilight years but he’s the toughest QB I’ve ever seen play the game. He was successful because he truly believed he couldn’t be stopped and he truly didn’t care who tried to stop him or how.

15. mwindle1973 says: Jun 23, 2012 8:17 AM

THis ran on NFL.com almost 24 hours ago. They left out the part where Favre said he’d have come out with his bone sticking out of his leg if he had to. I took it as an allusion to the NFL films clip we all just seen including Favre, where the Saints think they broke his leg. Wasn’t he in essence delivering the same message with that statement that he was that day. NOBODY takes Brett Favre out of the game! Cheating or not. IDK I guess when your D sucks that bad you have to try something. After the Ds Williams had in TEN & BUF, he probably thought to himself…”if I don’t have these guys break the QBs legs we are never going to stop anybody!” But then that didn’t work, so he decided they were so slow they better just start trying to break everyone’s legs on the other team. Willaims says, “OK guys this is a big game. Vilma remember stop trying to make plays. Just break the guys leg, and they will put a slower RB in that you can tackle. Fujita! Man’s sake alive Fujita that haircut was out of style before you were born. You better just focus on breaking legs too! There is no way you will make it out there playing straight with a haircut like that. They’ll eat you alive soldier.” Sean Peyton chimes in…”Gentlemen, we’ve heard that former players may be looking to snitch about our D scheme. So from now on also break any legs of former players we may face, in addition to breaking any legs of players on the other team that have talent. That’s probably the best way to keep the league off our back right now. And anyway it’s the only chance we have to win. If we can hold the other team under 50, Brees will pull it out. Just make sure you all explain this to him if we get caught. Because you know how unhappy and whiny he gets when he doesn’t get an explanation. If we get caught, and he doesn’t get an explanation he might not sign his franchise tender next year.” Joe Vitt exclaims…”OK men break a leg out there!”

16. mrmorton10 says: Jun 23, 2012 8:27 AM

Brett Favre will go down as the toughest NFL PLAYER (forget qb) to ever play the game. Welcome to Canton Brett!!

17. govtminion says: Jun 23, 2012 8:54 AM

“I honestly don’t care. I’m more focused on preparing for my comeback this season.”

18. tonyc920 says: Jun 23, 2012 8:59 AM

This doesn’t surprise me. That’s the way Brett saw every game, win at any cost. He would sacrifice himself to win. Be the Hero or sometimes the goat. Problem was he took unnecessary risks sometimes and this was one game where he became the goat regardless of the fact he sacrificed his body. We still love him here in GB, but there needs to be some healing between him and the packers front office.

19. dcalisto1 says: Jun 23, 2012 9:10 AM

In regards to that fateful interception. He was playing with a practically dislocated ankle. Much has been said as to why he just didn’t run for the first down. He couldn’t! I will say as for the pass, he should have thrown it to the right flat which was the direction he was going. Hindsight is always perfect. I have been a Vike fan all my life and Favre has always been a thorn in our side. But I have great respect for the blood and guts he was willing to spill on that field every Sunday! I am not surprised of his comments about not caring about the bounty, just that they lost the game. History will show that that was one of the most brutal punishments a QB has EVER taken and he still left on his own accord. My respect to you #4!

20. jimmysee says: Jun 23, 2012 9:12 AM

staffordsyear says:
    Jun 23, 2012 6:43 AM

————————————————————-

Actually, it’s Brett.

Rewind to Packers-Jints NFC title game at Lambeau. Same ending.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars — it is in ourselves.”

21. raidafan7 says: Jun 23, 2012 9:28 AM

Some of you people are in the forest and can’t see the trees. Brett Farve got bruised and battered against the Saints because he held the ball until the last possible second. Look at the High/Low hit that injured him. He just released the ball milliseconds before getting hit. It didn’t even draw a flag. The next game that season was the Super Bowl. The Saints never got close enough to sniff Peyton’s BO. Not one mention of a bounty or shred of evidence on the biggest game of the year. Why would Williams have a Bounty on Farve and Warner and not on Manning? Because the NFL brainwashed the Media in showing Farve and Warner getting hit over and over. They have painted a pretty clear picture showing those same 3 plays over and over.

22. xxwhodatxx says: Jun 23, 2012 9:33 AM

bosspower says:
    Jun 23, 2012 8:04 AM

—–

Yea, that’s what happened…..lol

23. dannythebisforbeast says: Jun 23, 2012 9:34 AM

Brett can make some dumb passes and giveaway games. BUT he might be the toughest m’fer to ever put on shoulder pads. He laughs at cal ripkens streak.

24. Great Caesar's Ghost says: Jun 23, 2012 9:39 AM

Almost time to come home, Brett.

25. SeenThisB4 says: Jun 23, 2012 9:39 AM

How did the alledged bounties force the Vikings into sending 12 guys into the huddle?

26. crabboil says: Jun 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Not to change the subject, but didn’t the Vikings beat the Eagles the following year by battering Michael Vick?

27. The Prophet says: Jun 23, 2012 9:45 AM

Despite the loss, that was one of the most heroic efforts I’d seen on the football field from Brett Favre. Despite the 7 fumbles by his teammates and the defense that was clearly trying to injure him, he kept climbing back up and leading his team down the field over and over again.

28. paulitik74 says: Jun 23, 2012 9:51 AM

We’ll see what he says about it 10 years from now when he’s wheelchair bound, can’t remember his kid’s names, and lawyering up to sue.

29. geauxjay says: Jun 23, 2012 10:14 AM

Vikings fans “know” there was a bounty.

They also elected a wrestler governor and a mediocre comedian senator.

30. hatesycophants says: Jun 23, 2012 10:16 AM

That is a badass, professional football player. Any disparagement of this guy, as a player, says more about the person disparaging him than him.

Badass.

Go Lions! Go Badgers!

31. wiscago says: Jun 23, 2012 10:20 AM

Toughest Quarterback ever to play the game.

Not the best. The toughest though.

Every week without fail for almost two decades.

His streak means more than Cal Ripken’s.

Brett knows nothing but to do his job.

32. bullcharger says: Jun 23, 2012 10:26 AM

Pass rushers want to put a lick on the QB to see if they can knock them off their game or possibly knock them out of the game. That’s been the same forever. Ask a DE what their job is and you’ll hear “kill the quarterback”. The only difference in NO is they had and organized paid program, but that’s what DEs are paid to do anyway. I think Williams was telling guys to intentionally injure players but I think players were hitting legally for the most part.

33. mancave001 says: Jun 23, 2012 10:28 AM

staffordsyear says:
    Jun 23, 2012 6:43 AM
    —————–

Not to sound like a homer for the Vikes or BF (I’m and Eagles fan), but perhaps it was the 5 freakin’ fumbles, not the one bad pass that lost the game?

34. thingamajig says: Jun 23, 2012 10:34 AM

I doubt you’ll ever see Favre’s name on a lawsuit against the NFL.

35. blackcatnfl says: Jun 23, 2012 10:36 AM

He seems to miss the point that he would have won that game if they weren’t taking so many cheap shots, even though Adrian Peterson tanked the game, allowing him to retire on top of the NFL like no one ever dreamed, even ahead of John Elway.

36. atthemurph says: Jun 23, 2012 10:36 AM

jimmysee says:
    Jun 23, 2012 9:12 AM
    staffordsyear says:
    Jun 23, 2012 6:43 AM

————————————————————-

Actually, it’s Brett.

Rewind to Packers-Jints NFC title game at Lambeau. Same ending.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars — it is in ourselves.”

———————————————-
    And his final game as a NYJ when he was driving for a clinching score to clinch a playoff spot….. ill-advised throw, int, Jets lose.

Or the overtime lose to the Eagles in the early 2000s. Close your eyes and chuck it up? WTF was that??

That’s not just Brett being Brett, that’s a guy who crumbles freaks out under pressure. (as I type with my framed/signed Favre jersey behind my desk).

Favre reverted to a 6th grade QB as the pressure got bigger. He forgot the simple rules of playing QB the bigger the moment. Sometimes he could make a play but more often than not he screwed it up.

37. nowillrepeat says: Jun 23, 2012 10:42 AM

The bounty system on farve clearly forced peterson to fumble every other time he touched the ball as well as entice 12 men to join the huddle.

Viking fans are a sad, sad bunch.

38. cdkreb says: Jun 23, 2012 10:56 AM

I still don’t understand all of the hate people have for Brett. Yes, he seemed like a diva with the retirement for his last 5 years but he was no doubt the toughest SOB in the history of the NFL. Show some respect!!! Also, this is the first time in months there have been a story about Brett (there are more stories about Trent Dilfer), and yet, some people still doing nothing but looking for attention.

39. louisvillepride says: Jun 23, 2012 11:02 AM

I would like to have one season where we don’t hear about Brett Farve. He just goes out of his way to keep himself relevant. If the media would just ignore him then he’ll go into obscurity but, I guess as long as ESPN & NFL Network exist that will never happen.

40. silverbleedblack says: Jun 23, 2012 11:06 AM

jimmysee says: Jun 23, 2012 9:12 AM

staffordsyear says:
    Jun 23, 2012 6:43 AM

————————————————————-

Actually, it’s Brett.

Rewind to Packers-Jints NFC title game at Lambeau. Same ending.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars — it is in ourselves.”

—————————————————-

Actually it was the Vikings. If memory serves correct, the down was short, you were in FG range, and your intelligent head coach sends out 12 men? That is ALWAYS the HC’s fault.

41. samapoc says: Jun 23, 2012 11:09 AM

I’m pretty sure there was a big bounty on knocking farvre out of the game…in the form of nfl bonuses that are added to playoff game checks.

42. cowboysallday says: Jun 23, 2012 11:17 AM

I watched that on nfl network..favre looks ridiculously old now

43. ytsejamer1 says: Jun 23, 2012 11:27 AM

I will give Favre this…he never made excuses for that game or complained at any point regarding the excessive hits he took during it.

While I didn’t appreciate him and every media outlet making him some sort of god for playing with every hang nail for the last few years of his career, he was still a tough competitor out there.

I was actually rooting for the Vikes in that game…2009 was a great year for Favre. Up until that game, he had played a pretty smart season worth of football.

44. robf2010 says: Jun 23, 2012 12:07 PM

One other thing about that game: This bounty talk really shortchanges Brett, the Vikings, the Saints, and the game. You will NEVER see two teams play any harder than those two teams did. Despite the beating he took, most of Favre’s passes were dead on. He had a great game despite those interceptions. The game, itself, was wildly entertaining unless you were a fan of either team. This Saints fan was wrung dry afterward. I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t move. I will remember it forever. Nothing can taint it.

45. theghostwhoneverlies says: Jun 23, 2012 12:50 PM

Packers/Eagles 4th and 26 – WTF was that? If one player steps up for one play, instead of Brett having to for a change, history has another outcome.

Packers/Giants NFC Game – Team wasn’t even suppose to make the playoffs but as usual Brett carried them there. Great time for the rest of the team to pull a “no-show”, Burress 11/154..Woodson? Harris?

Jets – was having an MVP season, beat the undefeated Titans, Pats at Foxsbourgh.. Got his bicep tore up, had no business playing that final game. Think he was going pull himself out? Needed a coach with a set in that instance to make the tough call.

In any of the games you want to point a finger at that Brett “lost”, there was ALWAYS plenty of blame to go around..just not enough talent and will on behalf of the rest of his teamates to get the job done.

One thing for certain, none of those teams get to that point of the season without Favre behind center. And the NFL today is alot less interesting and exciting without him around.

46. mark0226 says: Jun 23, 2012 2:23 PM

The game plan was to hit the old man hard and often with “remember me” shots to force him into a mistake. This would have been the game plan with or without a ‘bounty’ program because he was an old man known to make mistakes in key situations. Favre’s last pass of each of the two previous seasons, for two different teams, was an INTERCEPTION. His last pass in the 2009 NFCC made it three seasons in a row with three different teams.

One thing people forget about with the whole ‘bounty’ program is that players are fined anywhere between $10K and $50K for illegal hits, so how does it make any sense to intentionally issue an illegal hit for a $200, $500, $1000 or even $10K payout? Best case is that you break even. The program was for legal hits, but when you are being aggressive, sometimes you are too aggressive and hit a little late.

47. mta1025 says: Jun 23, 2012 2:56 PM

I guess nobody will ever remember the fumbles from Adrian Peterson! It was all the quarterbacks fault. Geesh! I am a Browns fan and everyone remembers that fumble. I seem to remember a similar fumble from A.P in that game. Brett did a great job. But when you have a top 3 running back that drops the ball like that in the most important game of his career really sucks. Spread a little blame around people and get off of your high horse!

48. londonbengal says: Jun 23, 2012 2:57 PM

Whatever team you follow, you gots to love Brett Favre……..

Can anyone remember that Eagles/ Cowboys game way back, when Buddy Ryan (alledgedly) had a bounty out on Aikman, and the kicker (Zendejas, I think ?). The kicker was actually in tears in the locker room afterwards. I suspect if Brett knew a bounty was on him pre-game, he’d have played even tougher…

Gots to love Brett Favre……

49. juvenaldelinquent says: Jun 23, 2012 3:17 PM

—————————————
    There were a total of 5 Minnesota turnovers-

There were 6 fumbles, 3 of them lost for turnovers, one was by Favre (on the hand off to Peterson that people mistakenly blame Peterson for, that was on Favre). Peterson had other fumbles that were recovered by himself or other Vikings.

And there were two interceptions, thrown by Favre.

So of the 5 turnovers, 2 were Favre INT’s and one was a Favre fumble, and Harvin had a fumble lost and Berrian had a fumble lost.

People just insist in living Favre-la-la land where statistics are made up to shelter Favre and his mistakes. Favre was plenty tough, and he had a strong arm, but he wasn’t the sharpest knife in the sky or the brightest star in the drawer. His downfall was INT’s, and I am talking in terms of % not absolute terms. And he tended to turn the ball over in the playoffs even more. And when he’s accountable for 3 of the 5 turnovers as in the Saints game, suddenly it was everyone else’s fault to sustain the narrative.

It was the same for the Packers. Favre had a 63 QB rating in playoff washout games for the Packers in the 2000’s. And to make the narrative work, the rest of the Packers had no talent (even said so by supposedly Packer fans). Which is mysterious since the all time leading Packer rusher (and overall gainer from scrimmage) and Packer receiver (in catches and yards) both reached their records in the 2000’s, and played the clear to vast majority of their time with Favre. But he had no other talent. The rest of the Packers had to take the blame because Favre threw 6 picks (2001), or 4 picks (2004), or had 2 picks and fumble (2002), or overtime picks (a playoff record two times – 2003 and 2007). And he did it again, thankfully the last installment was for the Vikings. And yet the apologists come out in force EVERY time. It was everyone else’s turnovers which were the killer ones, NOT Favre’s. Over two sub-generations of the Packers and again with the Vikings the one common constant never somehow is due any blame. Everyone saves their worst for when Favre is around. Poor guy.

And the beat goes on.

50. Wisconsin77 says: Jun 23, 2012 3:18 PM

What a class act. Despite Favre not caring, it is still a shame that he got cheated out of his last shot at a SB.

51. mark0226 says: Jun 23, 2012 3:33 PM

I gained a lot of respect for Favre during that game. He took a licking and kept on playing and playing well, but the hits did eventually cause him to make the fatal mistake of forcing the ball in a tight spot instead of running for the first down.

52. chazzmon says: Jun 23, 2012 3:56 PM

Brett threw throws lot of low percentage passes. When he hit them he was a hero, when he missed or got picked he was the goat. I loved the fact that he just came out shot first and answered questions later. One of the most fun players to ever watch and I’m not a Packer fan. HOF is next stop. And agreed AP’s fumbles lost the Vikes Saints games.

53. juvenaldelinquent says: Jun 23, 2012 4:00 PM

—> A large portion of that whole deal was on Mike Sherman. The Packers had the ball in Eagle territory with 2 minutes and some change, and a foot and a half to go. The Packer rushing game had already picked up 210 yards, the backs had caught another 30. Do they go for it to seal the game? Nope. Punt. And I have also read that it was Sherman who waived off the blitz on 4th and 26, but at least he had the good grace to scapegoat the Defensive coordinator after the season. On a side note, what brilliant head coach did Favre go to bat for, threatening that if he we’re fired he might not come back, mostly because he didn’t want to have to learn a new playbook? Mike “.500 with Texas A & M and no bowl victories in 4 seasons” Sherman.

——> As usual Favre carried them there. Then why didn’t Favre carry the team in 2005? Or 2006? Why was it only after Ted Thompson turned the roster over 80% starting in 2005, IRRITATING FAVRE the whole time, before the Packers were back in the hunt? How is the Packers have had Super Bowl caliber teams 4 out the last 5 years, starting with that 2007 team? Sounds more to me like when Thompson’s players were on the roster is when things turned around, fixing the mess that Mike Sherman as GM laid out for the Pack. But at least Favre complained and whined the whole time Thompson built the team , leading Favre to finally up and quit because the team wasn’t built his way.

—————> Of course he wasn’t going to pull himself out. He had his own personal streak to sustain. If the transitory Jets wash out and all the blood and sweat of the other 52 guys goes for naught, how cares? It’s about Favre and his streaks and his statistics and his personal glory.

———————-> Those who point the finger at Brett do so because he THROWS TOO MANY INTERCEPTIONS. This one in particular is too much to take. It’s the exact opposite for Favre “supporters” – Favre is never to blame for his washout performances and it’s everyone else’s fault. People simply point out the 6 picks, or 4 picks, or 2 picks and fumble, or overtime picks, or again 2 picks and a fumble in the Saints game, and it’s the Favre supporters who lay the blame on everyone else. It stands in the 6 washout playoff games – 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, and 2009 – Favre had a stellar combined 64 QB rating, ranging from about 55 to 70. But it’s ALWAYS everyone else’s fault.

——————-> The Packers most certainly could have made the playoffs with Matt Hasselbeck behind center starting about 2000. And the Packer had had Mark Brunell in the early 90’s and gave some strong consideration benching Favre for Brunell in 1994. And the Packers had Rodgers in the chamber starting in 2005. The fact is the Packers have been finding QB talent, and training it, at a pace that can only make other team drool. But whatever you need to sustain your Favre-la-la land narrative. I just wish such types weren’t so ready to invert their fantasies and hassle people who live in a blue sky green grass world of reality.

54. mrvikingsfan11 says: Jun 23, 2012 4:16 PM

Glad he thinks that way and I must add he was the best QB Vikings ever had.

55. Wisconsin77 says: Jun 23, 2012 5:57 PM

juvenaldelinquent says: Jun 23, 2012 3:17 PM

I stopped reading your post (and any other post you made thereafter) after that statement right there as you lost all credibility. You care to watch the replay together? Because you have to be legally blind not to see that Favre put that ball right into Peterson’s bread basket. The only reason the fumble was ruled Favre’s is because he was the last person to have possession of the ball. But anybody with half a brain would see that Peterson bumbled it.

56. ravenseattheirownpoop says: Jun 23, 2012 7:26 PM

Favre was the toughest, coolest qb to ever play the game. There will never be another as good as him!