Lions’ Aaron Berry arrested for DUI

Jim Schwartz,  Aaron Berry AP

For the sixth time this year, a Detroit Lion has been arrested.

This time it’s Aaron Berry, a cornerback who was arrested early Saturday morning in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, according to WXYZ-TV in Detroit.

Berry was also charged with two counts of causing accidental damage to an unattended vehicle or property and two counts of failure to stop and give information to law enforcement. He reportedly struck two parked vehicles then got out of his car and left the scene on foot. A witness followed him and called police, and he was arrested at 4:45 a.m. WXYZ reports that Berry was not cooperative and refused to submit to a breathalyzer.

Berry issued a statement through the team when reports of the arrest surfaced on Tuesday.

“I want to offer a sincere apology to the Lions organization, Lions fans, the coaches and all my teammates for my actions this past weekend,” Berry said. “This is not the example I want to set for young people and it’s certainly not what my team and coaches expect from me. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I understand these are just words and it will be my future actions that ultimately will speak for me.”

The Lions issued a statement expressing frustration that yet another player has been arrested.

“We are extremely disappointed in the reports involving Aaron Berry and the incident in Pennsylvania this past weekend,” the statement said. “This is not the standard of behavior we expect from any member of our organization. We have strongly and repeatedly emphasized the need to be accountable on and off the field, which makes this incident with Aaron all the more disappointing. We will have further comments regarding this situation when appropriate.”

The strong and repeated emphasis on the need to be accountable off the field clearly isn’t getting through in Detroit: Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley has been arrested once for drunk driving and once for marijuana possession this year, Lions running back Mikel Leshoure has been arrested twice for marijuana possession this year, and Lions offensive lineman Johnny Culbreath has been arrested once for marijuana possession this year.

Permalink 96 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
96 Responses to “Lions’ Aaron Berry arrested for DUI”
  1. canetic says: Jun 26, 2012 12:43 PM

What a bunch of clowns. Headline soon to read “Former Lion Aaron Berry…..”

2. londonlion81 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:43 PM

This has actually become ridiculous now. This problem nneds to be sorted out in Detroit.

3. dexterismyhero says: Jun 26, 2012 12:44 PM

Maybe the Lions website should have their own “Turd Watch”?

4. mwojo586 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:44 PM

Not surprised anymore. Detroiter here. Maybe this organization will actually stand up to one of its players and make an example of them. Beyond ridiculous now.

5. nyjalleffingday says: Jun 26, 2012 12:44 PM

I wanna party with the Lions!

For real though, what’s up with these guys? Just hire a f**king cab.

6. silvercutlery says: Jun 26, 2012 12:44 PM

As a Lions fan I say cut him. Everyone was on final warning after the 2nd Fairley situation.

Yes we’re weak at CB, and yes he could start but is the difference between him and the next guy on the chart that big that they can afford to keep a guy so undisciplined and lacking respect that he DUIs after what the team has been through?

I think he can be a good player, and I wont mention the 2 dropped INTs in the playoffs, but after this, I’d rather roll the dice with the 3 rookies, who by all reports are good kids.

Really not happy.

7. jikkle49 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

Even the Bengals think the Lions are getting arrestted way too often.

8. rolloxd says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

I read the headline to this article and laughed.
    The Lions need to get it through their players heads not to to be stupid!!!! Makes me shake my head!

9. bigbluedeadhead says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

LOLions

10. kdish87 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

Wow, Two Aaron Berry stories in a two-hour span. Lucky guy.

11. steeltuff says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

The Lions are now the new Bengals.

12. contra74 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

A Packer fans comment if it was a Packer that got busted “He needs help. The NFL needs to step in and help this poor guy out before it gets out of hand. Good luck Mr. Berry!”

A Packers fan comment because it is a Lions player “Deserves getting thrown out of the league. What a waste especially since it came out of that disgrace of a city called Detroit. Their team is full of criminals so its not wonder the city itself is going down the toilet!”

13. tebowsafraud says: Jun 26, 2012 12:48 PM

—————————–

Isn’t that the same apology the last 3 Lions who were busted used? Does a guy in the PR Dept have it saved as a Word file?

I also noticed in this “apology” he never mentions the folks whose cars he smashed or the cops he gave a hard time to. He sounds like a complete asshat on a team filled with them.

14. chefgl says: Jun 26, 2012 12:48 PM

The Lions have the best frat house in the NFL.

15. saintsfan26 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:50 PM

“Schwartz should be held accountable. If he didnt know about this, then he should have” Roger Goodell*

16. vetdana says: Jun 26, 2012 12:50 PM

This is an absolute joke ! I have been an NFL fan since 1956 and remember the days when NFL players were looked up to as role models.You almost never saw a player arrested..Boy have things changed ! Nobody is accountable for anything ! Its all about money, money, money, and me, me, me!….We have been heading the wrong way for a long time !!!

17. JBLionsFan says: Jun 26, 2012 12:51 PM

As a long time Lions fan and season ticket holder this is extremely frustrating.

18. t8ertot says: Jun 26, 2012 12:53 PM

Wow..we feel your pain. And glad its not us anymore

-Bengals fan

19. homelanddefense says: Jun 26, 2012 12:54 PM

I have to laugh at the guys getting popped for pot possession. Cant these guys find anyone else to carry their stuff for them?

20. ravenator says: Jun 26, 2012 12:54 PM

Meanwhile he forgot to say sorry to the individuals who owned the struck vehicles. Typical PR comment, Lions sure have had a lot of practice though.

21. jhtobias says: Jun 26, 2012 12:54 PM

Lion fan reaction to the arrest, The officiating cost us another player

22. lionsfan981 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:57 PM

CUT HIM!!!! He was goin to be nickel corner at best!!

23. juvenaldelinquent says: Jun 26, 2012 12:58 PM

I heard that the Lions are going to follow the Eagles’ lead and have jail cells right in the stadium. They may even put in some for incorrigible fans.

24. gwylie1 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:58 PM

Suspend players who get DUI’s for a whole season. Maybe that will stop them.

25. steelers4385 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:01 PM

Hahahhahahahahahahahahaha. Oh god. They are the worst.

26. hersh8245 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:01 PM

If we learned anything from the Cowboys in the 90’s; it’s that these Lions are on the verge of greatness… keep it up guys!

27. miles58a says: Jun 26, 2012 1:02 PM

No one has comments for this, The Saints are getting hammered for collecting extra money for somthing they are already getting paid to do and everyone acts like they are monsters. No one has a problem with players kicking another player in the head, stomping on an arm, punching another player and players abusing drugs and alcohol. So what do ya’ll think

28. lionsmark09 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:02 PM

There should be a new theme in Detroit. Arrest=Release

29. benh999 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:02 PM

That’s a crime in Harrisburg?

30. monkeyjuice313 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:03 PM

Dear Lions,

Don’t you think you’re overdoing it?

Sincerely,

Cincinnati Bengals

31. lionsflyersandredbirds says: Jun 26, 2012 1:03 PM

You’d think with the extra ten pounds he reportedly gained he would have some extra tolerance for his alcohol…

…Seriously though, this is just getting ridiculous.

32. lionsownyou says: Jun 26, 2012 1:04 PM

Please please please cut him.
    He was absolutely terrible last year. Drew Brees shredded him in the playoffs and then he had the nerve to go on twitter and trash talk Lions fans.
    And for all you haters that see this as another opportunity to trash the Lions please remember one thing: none of this is going to matter when the season starts and we straight up destroy your team. Laugh now because I promise you’ll be crying later.

33. patriots123456 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:05 PM

I’m glad I’m not a Lions fan.

They don’t deserve this, heads should roll. This is well beyond stupid.

34. waussau says: Jun 26, 2012 1:05 PM

This was a business decision.

35. barneysbullet says: Jun 26, 2012 1:06 PM

Ya know the old adage, “Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission…”

36. titanryan says: Jun 26, 2012 1:07 PM

cant wait till he or his colleagues start calling him a “target” or a “victim”

37. duluthvikesfan says: Jun 26, 2012 1:07 PM

This is a joke, right?! Seriously guys, your starting to make the old Vikings “Love Boat” incident days look like kid stuff!

38. supermariojosh says: Jun 26, 2012 1:08 PM

contra74 says: Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

—————————–
    If you’re referring to Johnny Jolly – he’s paid his debt, got help, and might be able to make something of himself – most Packer fans (myself included) will welcome him back.

If you’re referring to Eric Walden – I don’t know a single Packer fan that wouldn’t love to see him cut as soon as a suitable replacement is found.

What we have here in the case of the Lions is some sort of weird systemic issue. Don’t know if it’s on Schwartz for the locker room culture, or Mayhew for taking too many risks on questionable characters. I hope they get it sorted out soon though, this is getting ridiculous.

39. hawkforlife says: Jun 26, 2012 1:08 PM

Is everyone as sick of these guys in all sports issuing statements through their teams, attorneys, agents, etc.? PR & Lawyer speak.

They all seem to be able to talk (some on a 4th grade level) when it’s time to brag or get more money. Have some GUTS and speak for yourselves.

40. nepo784 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:09 PM

I didn’t know the Lions moved to Cincinatti…

41. scoregasmic says: Jun 26, 2012 1:09 PM

This just makes me mad because now there’s just another reason for people to rip on the lions. A few bad eggs spoil it for the rest of the team, I’m sick and tired of people ripping on the team in so proud of for finally crawling out of the gutter, 90% of the team are great guys who are doing a lot for the city of Detroit but because Aaron Berry, Nick Fairley, Leshoure, and Culbreath do something stupid the entire team is now a bunch of law breakers, I feel bad for stafford, Calvin, best, tulloch and all the other guys who are working hard and doing everything right because they have some teammates who are doing stupid things

42. bigwalt2990 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:11 PM

Meh….we’ll win a bunch of games and no one will care.

43. lostsoul8888 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:11 PM

Send this clown packing please!

44. ajknox88 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:18 PM

Jim Schwartz has to be wanting to see Jim Harbaugh at this point and hope something happens lol

45. theralph2012 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:18 PM

No wait, its cool, he apologized.

46. okieviacal says: Jun 26, 2012 1:19 PM

You’re killing me, Lions, you’re killing me. How any Lion can pull this after everything that’s already happened this season is beyond me. The Lions need to start hitting these guys in the wallet. The offender should be docked a check for the total number of off-season arrests IE Berry’s DUI is #6, he should be docked six checks. Additionally, all the players involved in the previous five arrests AND the team captains should be docked an additional game check.

I’d expect the union to immediately attack such a punishment, but there needs to some actual accountability inside the Lions’ locker room. You win together or you lose together.

47. jason49er says: Jun 26, 2012 1:21 PM

Well the bad news is Aaron Berry wrecked 2 cars plus his, got arrested for suspicion of DUI and 2 counts of not cooperating with cops.

The good news is in PA failure to comply with a blood alcohol test is an automatic 1 year license suspension so he’ll be taking plenty of cabs for now on.

48. CKL says: Jun 26, 2012 1:24 PM

saintsfan26 says:
    Jun 26, 2012 12:50 PM
    _________________________________
    I know what point you’re trying to make about your team here, but the Lions could be now at the level of offenses that the franchise should have some ramifications, according to what Goodell had said about penalties.

49. croghan1919 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:26 PM

OTA’s just ended!!!
    He must’ve hit a few bars on his way home from “work”.
    Just to show the rookies how its done.

50. rmc1995 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:28 PM

@vetdana,
    Players from the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s weren’t subjected to the same DUI laws of today. So, more than likely the old school guys would get tickets or warnings to drive safely rather than get arrested. Police officers back then were also more likely to look the other way when a pro ball player was doing something stupid.

Those players in the day weren’t under the same microscope as today. They were put on pedastals by media and society because of what they did on the field. Today’s media and society can’t wait to knock these guys off their pedalstals for any mistake they make.

51. godcanfirealdavis says: Jun 26, 2012 1:29 PM

Cut the head off that team…. Coach has got to go…

52. scratchnpost1234 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:30 PM

As a Lions fan this has gotten ridiculous. No defending stupidity. These guys had to read the riot act before leaving on vacation. There’s been a lot of BS on here bashing Lions some of it called for some not, but I would have to agree with anything said about this latest joke except it’s Schwartz’s fault. These are grown men making more money then most of us ever will. They should take more pride and responsibility about their jobs. Very disappointing……….

53. metrocritical says: Jun 26, 2012 1:32 PM

Once again, I find myself bewildered by the behavior of these clueless, classless Lion ingrates who show no respect for themselves, their team, their profession or the law. While I will continue to root for the team, I will root for other players to supplant some of these morons in the lineup or on the roster.

On the other hand, GMs around the league must be hoping that the Lions fail miserably this year or fear their own players will duplicate the Lion’s offseason program.

54. scratchnpost1234 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:34 PM

jason49er
    Or the next we hear about him will be driving with a suspended license and no insurance. No defending idiots…again disappointed as I can be, and he’s a 3rd year player that just got done talking about his chance. Our secondary wouldn’t be that good with him and he was an UDFA so there goes his chance. One of the rookies they drafted can get burned as easy as he could and hasn’t gotten in trouble (YET) time for a sacrificial lamb…..

55. bullcharger says: Jun 26, 2012 1:39 PM

This kind of stuff is bound to happen to every team once in a while, but when it happens this frequently there is a systemic problem. They are either hiring guys who are complete meat heads just to get talent or they have no management control over their organization. It could be both.

56. tebowsafraud says: Jun 26, 2012 1:43 PM

I think it’s fair to say that a Head Coach sets the tone and establishes an ethos for a team.

Payton did it in New Orleans. But so did his idol Bill Parcells everywhere he went. Belichek sure has with the Pats. And see the Cowboy’s under Johnson and Switzer.

Which brings us to Schwartz. Between his own anger management issues he seems to have a “nudge nudge wink wink” approach to player conduct. Coming from what was commonly referred to as “the dirtiest team in the league” (the Titans) why would we be surprised he is running the team that now holds that dubious title?

Mr. Ford (that one that fired Millen-not the one that had a man crush on him) said a few weeks ago that he was at the end of his rope with all this nonsense (both on and off-field). If he was serious then he needs to hold a team meeting, repeat his expectations, fire at least 2 players on the spot, and (in a private meeting afterwards) warn the GM and Head Coach they are next.

57. buddysguys says: Jun 26, 2012 1:49 PM

seems like any team with a “jungle cat” as their logo and a division that is labeled the North seems to have issues with players getting arrested…weird

58. priestequalsaura says: Jun 26, 2012 1:52 PM

over 10% of the Lions likely active roster has been arrested this offseason alone

59. squared80 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:54 PM

It rolls downhill, and it all starts with the short-fused and undisciplined head coach. His players are just like him. Napolean complex with an attitude problem.

60. patriots123456 says: Jun 26, 2012 1:56 PM

The Lions new uniforms should be “orange jumpsuits” like the prisoners in the County Jails wear.

61. gbmickey says: Jun 26, 2012 2:07 PM

I realize every team has players that do stupid things but there sure is an inordinant amount with the Lions. In my opinion this falls on the shoulders of Schwartz and Mayhew. The culture of undiciplined players was very evident last year on the field and obviously has carried over to this offseason.

A couple questions for Lions fans that want Berry to be cut. where was this outrage with Fairly or Leshoure? You to be on a moral high ground on this one but ignore the others is a little hypocritical. Where do you draw the line when when the trangression meets talent? After i believe 6 incidents this is where an example should be made?

62. travt26 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:07 PM

@squared80

so you are saying that the head coach of every team is responsible for what their players do on their own time.

also that it has nothing to do with the players lifestyles or growing up?

it has nothing to do with the head coach unless it deals with on the field type stuff.

Dante Stallworth killed someone and that was because Romeo Crennel didn’t discipline him enough in the locker room?

yes these kids are stupid and makes it hard to support this team, but it has nothing to with Schwartz and all to do with the player (berry, fairley, leshoure)

63. mediasloppy says: Jun 26, 2012 2:08 PM

I swear to God, if I was a coach I’d tell my players they’ll be reprimanded someway or somehow if they are out past 2:30am. these things always happen around 2am till dawn. Better off sleeping.

64. jacunn2000 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:10 PM

I’m shocked. Usually guy’s with neck tattoos are solid citizens.

65. shackdelrio says: Jun 26, 2012 2:12 PM

James Harris is now part of the Lions front office. When he was in Jacksonville, the team had the most arrests in the NFL. Probably just a coincidence.

66. bunjy96 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:13 PM

The Lions are dedicated to replacing the Bengals on Goodell’s “hit” list.

Is anyone awake in the Lions F O?

67. fakefranknunley57 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:18 PM

The actions of players are a direct reflection of their head coach. Gym Shorts has totally lost control of this team.

68. christopher525 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:20 PM

Even the Raiders are starting to think Detroit is getting out of control.

69. beardinals says: Jun 26, 2012 2:25 PM

Might be time for double secret probation.

70. racksie says: Jun 26, 2012 2:37 PM

As a Vikings fan, I would like to congratulate the Lions on their proud acceptance of the title of being the biggest bunch of idiots in the NFC North. I see a boat party in your future. Party planning will be handled by Fred Smoot.

71. monkeyjuice313 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:39 PM

I’m just glad it wasn’t Quinten Berry.

72. patsaintsbroncoscheat says: Jun 26, 2012 2:47 PM

It is official the Lions peaked in 2011. Seeya in another 35 years.

73. pturner81 says: Jun 26, 2012 2:52 PM

product on the field is all that matters.these arrests won’t mean anything when they are all wearing super bowl rings

74. freemanmvp says: Jun 26, 2012 3:01 PM

They act like there the 1980’s Dallas Cowboys except to do it in today’s world your just plain STUPID! That’s what happens when you draft such low character players that are talented. I feel for you Detroit Fans for finally having a talented team but they cant stay out of trouble.Ugh! you’ve still got a couple months before the season starts so you better hold your breath Detroit.

75. kodakinvegas says: Jun 26, 2012 3:07 PM

@Vetdana. I thought I was the senior poster around here but I have to tip my hat to you by a long shot. Your statemens are unfortunately true and you’re right. We have indeed seen a LOT of changes, all for the worse. People used to go to jail for extended periods of time for actions like these, today, they get a ticket and a fine. Concussion lawsuits, and whining, BOUNTYGATE or Spygate. looks like the days of outlaws are refining via the NFL. SAD

76. blackandbluedivision says: Jun 26, 2012 3:21 PM

I remember Jim Schwartz coming out and saying how disappointed and upset he was in those Lions who got arrested…This proves my point (once again) that it was all talk. Nothing is being done to actually stop it from happening.

77. blackandbluedivision says: Jun 26, 2012 3:22 PM

Packers got Jolly’s Purple Drank.
    Bears got Hurds assortment of colorful drugs.
    Vikings are the king of the “high” seas.
    Lions can’t operate a motor vehicle sober and like to partake in certain herbal remedies.

Good times.

78. kodakinvegas says: Jun 26, 2012 3:22 PM

Rmc1995. Wrong. It was jail time, federal law sentence for a joint, mind you, and cops kicked the crap out of you if you gave then any crap. In fact resisting or assaulting a com usually got your butt shot. They had checkpoints for drunk drivers. Believe me. It was a different halogens buddy. Just not publicized like it is now. Thank that on the electronics age of today. What took us three four days to find out you get in 30 minutes now.

79. thraiderskin says: Jun 26, 2012 3:23 PM

At some point you have to send a message… at this point, he is a guy who COULD have been a starter, but also not one of your superstars; cut him, it might be worth it.

80. stavreafavre says: Jun 26, 2012 3:33 PM

The Lions’ front office said “If this continues there will be severe reper… repra… there will be something, you just wait!”

81. mickyjj says: Jun 26, 2012 3:37 PM

Just two years ago, almost to the date – their pres was in the same condition. One difference though was his reaction and initial response. If these guys weren’t in the positions they are, they’d just be an everyday drunk driver. Role models and expectations go with the titles. If you can’t control yourselves get help.

82. poolboy87 says: Jun 26, 2012 3:38 PM

jason49er says:
    Jun 26, 2012 1:21 PM

_______________________________
    It’s cute that you’re naive enough to think not having a license would stop these idiots from driving.

After having several teammates arrested, this guy gets liquored up, drives, wrecks his car in a public place that’s GUARANTEED to have security cameras, and then is belligerent to police when they come to arrest him…

But he’s never going to drive without his license? Yeah right.

83. maddog111 says: Jun 26, 2012 3:51 PM

thraiderskin says:
    Jun 26, 2012 3:23 PM
    ——————————————————
    Totally agree. All the tough talk is obviously not working. Time for someone to lose their job. Maybe the message would get through. Though if they do that, they’re setting a tough precedent to live up to in case it happens again, and this time, to one of their star players.

84. 420fan says: Jun 26, 2012 4:34 PM

funny how he apologized to the lions, their fans and the coaches, but not to the people whose cars he damaged?

Typical me first NFL player…..

85. Patriot42 says: Jun 26, 2012 4:56 PM

NFL players like society at times is unable to control themselves and just because those few players believe they are some how above the law because of athletic ability should be treated as the law demands.

86. staffordsyear says: Jun 26, 2012 7:11 PM

Cut him.

87. jasino2009 says: Jun 26, 2012 7:45 PM

As a lions fan and detroiter,

(insert NFL fan’s comment who has been a fan since 195x)

(insert comment about how players are role models for our children)

Having mocked that, NFL players (generalizing) barely pass high school let alone college, I’m sure that many of them can not fully comprehend the contracts that they sign. I know that many of them can not balance a check book. Having said that, these players do not make good decisions, they have an entourage, and can afford for drivers. Why they do not choose to use them, stupidity.

Bottom line, if they win, none of this will matter.

88. bodester says: Jun 26, 2012 7:54 PM

The Lions need an AA mtg after the team mtgs.

89. smstonerock says: Jun 26, 2012 8:18 PM

I’m a die hard Lions fan, and honestly I could care less because a) NFL players get DUIs all the time and the fact that he happens to be a Lion is coincidental…has nothing to do with any sort of organizational problem, and b) He won’t miss any games because of this, so no skin off my back as a fan.

To further point A:

I am a former Marine Corps sergeant, and one of my responsibilities was every Friday before everyone was cut loose for the weekend, we would have a long group discussion about making sure everyone keeps their noses clean. We literally hammered it into them about not getting a DUI. We told them to go have a great time, but have a plan. Hell, we would even pay their cab fares. And then we made sure everyone knew there would be hell to pay if someone got a DUI. They would get their pay docked, be on restriction (the military equivalent of being grounded), on top of receiving the biggest a** chewing of their life. After all this, come Monday morning, I could guaranfreakintee you SOMEBODY had gotten busted. And yes, their behavior would reflect my leadership abilities in the eyes of my superiors. But what in the HELL else was I supposed to do? Anyone who’s been in the military knows what I’m talking about.

I guess my point is this. Grown men make their own decisions, and ultimately there is nothing anyone can do about it. What’s frustrating is as a Lions fan, I have to hear ignorant comments about how it’s all Schwartz’s fault.

90. elohim7ks says: Jun 26, 2012 10:00 PM

I can see the Lions having a bad season this year. They have faced to many off field problems, and have no discipline, which is going to spill over into there season. Were is the organization on these matters. This doesn’t speak well of their character, and speaks volumes of this inmature team.

91. ravenseattheirownpoop says: Jun 26, 2012 10:04 PM

Detroit……The new and improved Cincinnati???

92. fakefranknunley57 says: Jun 26, 2012 11:28 PM

smstonerock says: Jun 26, 2012 8:18 PM

Thank You for your service Sergeant.

93. elohim7ks says: Jun 28, 2012 12:25 AM

You know people will laugh and joke all they will, but the bottom line is this young team has a serious problem that needs to be adressed.

94. bagadeez04 says: Jun 28, 2012 8:42 AM

It seems the Lions are dealing with this problem by telling their players not to submit to breathalizer tests.

Way to deal with the problem Detroit!

95. pappageorgio says: Jun 28, 2012 9:22 PM

I have to almost laugh at everyone pointing to the lions as such a criminal element in the NFL. In the last decade we have been one of the least arrested teams in the NFL.

Before this past offseason we were in a tie for the least (with 7….as of November)……and even with 6 arrests this offseason have had far less arrests than anyone in our own division and most of the NFL (including most likely the team you root for).

But people love to hate on Detroit…..if you play for green bay, you can drunk drive going 100 MPH, while beating your pregnant wife, on your way to complete a drug deal and sleep with a high school student in a hot tub………..and no one in the media would ever suggest that draft picks start being taken away.

Example: getting angry/losing temper and stomping on a player…..deserving if long suspension.

Running a comensation program promoting cart-offs and blows to the head…….deserves no punishment. And carful semantically crafted arguments about why it’s all OK.

96. smstonerock says: Jun 30, 2012 5:07 AM

I think it’s funny that PFT recently posted an article about the bounty case argument being all about semantics, and now everyone uses the word semantics.