Three years and counting with NBC

images

As we close out one of the last (and only) slow Sundays of the 2012 offseason, we need to pause and reflect, for a brief moment.

Three years ago today, our partnership with NBC launched.

It has been better than we ever envisioned.  The site has continued to grow, NBC has allowed us to keep doing things the way we always have, and we’ve crafted strong relationships with dozens of folks within the NBC/Comcast family.

When we started, we had no idea how long it would last.  Three years in, we’ve got a feeling it will last a lot longer than three more years from now.

Thanks for sticking around even after we went “mainstream,” and for devoting more and more of your time to our various products, from web to mobile to apps to video.  And thanks to our loyal team of MDS, Josh Alper, Darin Gantt, and Evan Silva, who help keep the site loaded with information, even on one of the last (and only) slow Sundays of the 2012 offseason.

We’ll be around for a lot more Sundays to come, and the 17 most interesting Sundays of the year are coming very, very soon.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
20 Responses to “Three years and counting with NBC”
  1. andrejohnsonforpresident says: Jul 1, 2012 11:50 PM

<PFT3

2. jdsportsfan says: Jul 1, 2012 11:52 PM

Congratulations Mike. I first heard you on the Dan Patrick show last year and you’ve been an inspiration for me to start my blog so I can combine what I’m learning in law school with my love of sports. I wish you nothing but success going forward.

3. domeinate says: Jul 2, 2012 12:04 AM

Keep doing what you are doing cause you are doing it right. Independence of thought Big street creds to PFT staff and Mike Florio

4. dandrol says: Jul 2, 2012 12:06 AM

From a fan of nfltalk.com & your book “Quarterback of the future” to where you are now…I’m so impressed! Congrats on the NBC deal…but more importantly, for giving us guys something to look forward to reading each day.

5. jacobslatter says: Jul 2, 2012 12:06 AM

Tell NBC to bring back “Prime Suspect” & “Awake”.

6. kregaway says: Jul 2, 2012 12:07 AM

No, thank you big boy!

7. Gridiron Grit says: Jul 2, 2012 12:09 AM

Congratulations Mike and PFT team!

As a fellow sportswriter, I’m learning a lot from you guys and usually get leg on the competition by having PFT has my top go-to site for the latest news and information.

And as a fan, I’m thrilled that these slow days are almost dead and gone.

Keep up the great work, guys. You’ll always be better than ESPN by leaps and bounds in my book.

8. everydayimfumbilin says: Jul 2, 2012 12:12 AM

Late night news with Florio.

9. everydayimfumbilin says: Jul 2, 2012 12:28 AM

I think i’ll have some french toast to celebrate.

10. rickyspanish says: Jul 2, 2012 12:47 AM

Why is this one of the last slow Sundays of the offseason? Can someone educate me please.

11. stevemo says: Jul 2, 2012 12:55 AM

*21 most interesting Sundays

12. smartbutlazy says: Jul 2, 2012 1:29 AM

Congrats Mike. The hamsters are fat and lazy by this point. Too bad 3G is no longer around.

13. In the Weeds says: Jul 2, 2012 1:35 AM

This is my lifeline during the off-season.
    Thanks!

14. silentcount says: Jul 2, 2012 4:04 AM

Congratulations Mike. You proven to be one of the more rational thinking sports journalists. Even Peter King could learn a few things from you.

15. joetoronto says: Jul 2, 2012 5:14 AM

It’s hard to believe it’s been 3 years, wow.

Congratulations? :)

16. 12strikes says: Jul 2, 2012 6:33 AM

How about allowing the readers to suggest changes. Like you did before on your anniversery?

17. tomsd1 says: Jul 2, 2012 6:56 AM

Amen – keep up the good work. Didn’t even know you had written a book – and will have to try and find it.

BTW – do you plan to do any college football coverage this coming year?

Fear the Trojans!!! :)

18. tomsd1 says: Jul 2, 2012 7:02 AM

BTW – had I to do it over – I would have gone into Sports law in one form or another. When I was a recent law school grad – and just starting with the Federal Govt – I was standing around with a couple friends after the Shrine/College All-Star game in Palo Alto – and out comes Chuck Muncie – and several other players walked up to him and asked him if he had an agent. Dang – at the time – I was very happy to be practicing for the Feds – but in hindsight – I would have been handing out cards to those players and the rest would be history. :)

And you do know how the Agent for the QB’s – Leigh Steinberg got started don’t you? While he was going to UC Berkeley/Boalt Hall (I went to UC Hastings in San Francisco) – he was a dorm counselor and the Golden One – Steve Bartkowski – was in his dorm.

Talk about good fortune.

19. tomsd1 says: Jul 2, 2012 7:03 AM

BTW Dos: That was about 1975 .

20. ppdoc13 says: Jul 2, 2012 1:10 PM

You have my congrats as we’ll, although I miss the days when you knew by style most of the posters and you would allow the board a little more leeway in being politically incorrect. That being said, you have the best product out there and your site shows everyone why the Internet and our country are great. Everyone out there needs to remember this when the clowns we call congress thy ti impinge on our right to free speech