Houston police arrest Adrian Peterson for resisting arrest

Adrian Peterson AP

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was arrested early this morning in Houston.

The Houston Police Department’s public information website lists Adrian Lewis Peterson, born March 21, 1985, as having been booked at the Central Jail for resisting arrest. He was released on $1,000 bond.

KHOU 11 News in Houston reports that Peterson was arrested in downtown Houston at 2:30 a.m.

It’s not clear what happened that led Peterson to encounter — or resist — the police. The jail booking refers only to a “search-unclassified.”

UPDATE 1:51 p.m. ET:  We’ve obtained more details regarding the events culminating in the arrest.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Houston police arrest Adrian Peterson for resisting arrest”
  1. jason49er says: Jul 7, 2012 1:35 PM

I shouldn’t have been so quick to trade Toby Gerhart on my fantasy team.

2. jimbo75025 says: Jul 7, 2012 1:36 PM

Wow, did not expect to see this headline……..

3. spellingcopfather says: Jul 7, 2012 1:36 PM

2:30am is always goodtime to be out!!!

4. createatopia says: Jul 7, 2012 1:53 PM

If Adrian Peterson resisted arrest, there would be little itty-bitty pieces of shattered handcuffs, a trail of injured cops and an overturned cop car?

Let’s wait til the facts come out.

#BeastMode

5. cowboyscanada says: Jul 7, 2012 1:53 PM

The problem is, all these guys think they are above the law. This is getting pretty sad. The NFL is really becoming the laughing stock of pro sports.

6. PriorKnowledge says: Jul 7, 2012 1:54 PM

No other charge? Just some cop that said, “I feel like arresting a black man. Hey, you! You’re under arrest.”
    “What? NO!” Said Adrian.
    “Ah-ha! Gotcha! Resisting arrest.”

7. chazzmon says: Jul 7, 2012 1:55 PM

First time I’ve heard of this guy causing any trouble? Now let’s see what it’s all about.

8. ghengy says: Jul 7, 2012 1:55 PM

Yeah we all know what a gang banging trouble maker AP is. Just another example of the Police State running amock. I’m sure this was the new charge…”resisting without violence.” Anybody can get one of those, all you have to do is ask the pig a question.

9. clw1906 says: Jul 7, 2012 1:55 PM

I guess the knee rehab is going well. Lateral dance moves always help

10. blaksteele says: Jul 7, 2012 1:59 PM

C’mon man

11. reason35 says: Jul 7, 2012 2:17 PM

>>jason49er says:
    Jul 7, 2012 1:35 PM

I shouldn’t have been so quick to trade Toby Gerhart on my fantasy team.
    ________________________

Why would you trade Gerhart when AP may or may not be ready for the start of the season anyway? Even if he is on the active roster week 1 Gerhart will be carrying the load at the start of the season. Silly move no matter what way you slice it.

12. diesel23 says: Jul 7, 2012 2:20 PM

I wanna play in the NFC North these guys know to have fun

13. drekomp says: Jul 7, 2012 2:29 PM

Ryan Moats had a great encounter with Texas police.

Until the facts are out, I will assume Adrian is being harassed by jealous pricks.

14. moscratch13 says: Jul 7, 2012 4:16 PM

I hope these guys aren’t driving around with their names on their license plates, if you noticed most of these guys are getting busted out of state!

15. moscratch13 says: Jul 7, 2012 4:19 PM

I do know what they are doing is wrong, I just think it’s kind of funny none of the guys have been busted in the state the play in.

16. Great Caesar's Ghost says: Jul 7, 2012 4:30 PM

Arrested for resisting arrest? What was the first arrest for?

17. holdsteady76 says: Jul 7, 2012 4:47 PM

How do you get arrested for resisting arrest? I mean don’t you first need to be arrested for some reason or another? This report would make sense if they were trying to arrest him for an actual crime, ie if he was being charged with something else.

Why were they initially trying to arrest him for???

18. ftcsubs says: Jul 7, 2012 4:56 PM

I think AP is at least getting a new agent. what agent would let his client sit in jail? I think he is definitey fired, and how about doing some good spin doctoring. He might be doing some good suppressing right now. But letting your client sit in jail possible drunk, possibly getting more video to slip out at a later date, or even supplying more video for commish. unless he can get a posetive spin from this, If I was AP I would be looking for someone else to represent his intrest

19. dmlonghorn says: Jul 7, 2012 5:02 PM

Arrested for resisting arrest? I’m resisting to make sense of the headline, put me in too.

20. jaguar187 says: Jul 7, 2012 6:59 PM

I suppose you never really know these guys you root for, but something here smells fishy. If AP wants to hang out at 2:30 in the morning that’s his choice. If its suspicious to some why AP is out at that hour, it should also be suspicious why an off-duty cop is hanging out at that hour.

Not a Vikes fan, but AP doesn’t seem like a trouble maker, it’ll be interesting to learn more.