Bills rookies report to preseason work today

Chan Gailey AP

Part of the reason Bills rookie T.J. Graham signed his contract today was so he could get to work on time.

The Bills are the first team to open any facet of their training camp, with rookies reporting to work at the team facility on a voluntary basis today. The team will report to training camp at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y. later this month.

“I’m just excited to officially be part of the team so I’m ready to get things started,” Graham told the Bills’ official website.

Other rookies will have to wait. The next groups of first-year players to begin their NFL journeys will be the Panthers’ and Redskins’, who report to their respective camps on July 16.

A full list of camp reporting dates can be found here.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
7 Responses to “Bills rookies report to preseason work today”
  1. kcsam76 says: Jul 9, 2012 1:35 PM

I don’t get it. Why don’t all the teams open camp at the same time? I mean, they all have to have their roster’s cut at the same time, right?

Is there a max number of days you can practice in camp? If so, does that mean that the Bills rookies will be sitting around once there “allotment” has been reached?

2. billsfan27 says: Jul 9, 2012 1:58 PM

Finally. Football. Life feels real again.

3. gadzod says: Jul 9, 2012 2:02 PM

I love the fact that our boys are getting started VOLUNTARILY before any of the other 31 teams in the NFL. Keep it up! The hard work will pay off!

4. whiteshoesjohnson says: Jul 9, 2012 2:19 PM

Kcsam The CBA mandates a maximum number of days in training camp yes. I believe the previous CBA was 19 working days. Dunno the new one’s parameters. And remember these are rookies and more importantly didn’t the story say voluntary workouts?

5. buffalomook says: Jul 9, 2012 3:39 PM

I think the Bills recognize the importance this years draft class has on the final outcome of this season. Every extra rep the top 3 picks get prior to the start of the season, the more productive and consistent they are likely to be. Can’t wait for the regular season!

6. yanksbills says: Jul 10, 2012 8:58 AM

I’d be at the volunteer workout today if I had a roster spot.

7. jgedgar70 says: Jul 11, 2012 5:00 PM

So glad the Panthers are one of the earlier starters. The last couple years we were last or close to last. Everyone’s going to be focusing on the linebackers (1 rookie, 2 injuries), but I’m really interested in seeing what Joe Adams and Frank Alexander can do. Our return game was putrid last year and we had no pass rush other than Charles Johnson. If our D and special teams can even be mediocre to go along with this offense, we’re going to win a ton of games. Week 1 can’t get here fast enough.