Michael Vick launches his own clothing line

UFC on FOX 2: Evans v Davis Getty Images

Maybe this is how you pay for a $300,000 wedding.

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is launching a sportswear line called V7, which includes T-shirts which include slogans like “It’s not how you start, but how you finish.”

V7 has been a dream of mine since I began playing sports,” Vick said in a text message to Elizabeth Wellington of Philly.com. “I think every kid dreams of having his own shoe or clothing line.”

Vick designed the clothing line with the help of Ruby Azrak, who also worked with Russell Simmons on his Phat Farm line.

The Vick line will be available exclusively through 30 Modell’s stores, 20 of them in the Philadelphia area.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
26 Responses to “Michael Vick launches his own clothing line”
  1. njbucsfan says: Jul 11, 2012 11:04 AM

Boycott. Andy Reid is fat

2. olcap says: Jul 11, 2012 11:16 AM

So, apparently, Michael had the dream of V7 while he was murdering dogs. How sweet!

3. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Jul 11, 2012 11:20 AM

Apparently you can’t suggest a T-shirt slogan of “It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”

4. falconsfan says: Jul 11, 2012 11:31 AM

They’ll be hanging all over Virginia….wait are we talking about clothes or dogs?

5. nygdriveforfive says: Jul 11, 2012 11:37 AM

Won’t last the whole season.

6. shamelessandnameless says: Jul 11, 2012 11:40 AM

If every kid dreams of owning his own shoe or clothing line then America is doomed.

7. east96st says: Jul 11, 2012 11:53 AM

Perhaps, the starting QB of a team that hasn’t won a single Super Bowl and plays in a division where the other teams have won a combined total of 12, should have picked a less ironic slogan.

8. Andre's Johnson says: Jul 11, 2012 12:10 PM

Wait, so can we expect leather belts, snakeskin boots, fur-lined jackets, and fancy hats with horse hair tassels?

9. tombrookshire says: Jul 11, 2012 12:41 PM

I know as a boy growing up I sure dreamed about selling a line of shoes and shirts with crap I didn’t mean written on it, who didn’t?

10. bleedgreen11 says: Jul 11, 2012 12:43 PM

I don’t think this is a smart move… clothing lines rarely take off, and with someone as controversial as Vick, it will probably be a bit harder for him. Isn’t he still in massive debt anyway?

GL to him, I admire his redemption but I still wish he was a quarterback for some other team.

11. liamj55 says: Jul 11, 2012 12:57 PM

Why do Eagles QBs launch clothing lines and not win super bowls??? I am an Eagles fan too!!!

12. upperdecker19 says: Jul 11, 2012 1:11 PM

Would it be more appropriate to team up with the “Garanimals” people?

13. swingondeesenuts says: Jul 11, 2012 1:12 PM

“It’s not how you start, but how you finish” – This coming from a guy that rarely finishes a NFL season. Classic….

14. goodellsadouche says: Jul 11, 2012 1:19 PM

I he was serious about selling shirts, he’d sell some that say Mike Vick Sucks. It would be true, and it would be worth the price of the shirt.

15. rekingcrew says: Jul 11, 2012 1:25 PM

Finally there will be clothing that ‘TAP OUT’ guy can laugh at.

16. tsizzlehotpiss says: Jul 11, 2012 1:34 PM

And the fiscal responsibility of athletes in debt continues! Vick and Desean Jackson should join forces to see who can go broke first. Vick has a head start with the debt he accumulated prior to and while in prison, but Jackson has an entourage an a sure-to-fail rap label, so he could catch up quick.

17. johnnyjagfan says: Jul 11, 2012 1:48 PM

Maybe it’ll help pay off creditors in his BK?

18. bigdan7885 says: Jul 11, 2012 1:52 PM

I’ll never understand the comment section of this website. Why do my comments always get deleted when I say funny/stupid things (never anything overly offensive, mind you) but meanwhile you got “Andy Reid is fat” as the FIRST comment with like a billion thumbs down. Really grinds my gears.

19. rpiotr01 says: Jul 11, 2012 1:55 PM

Anyone else immediately think of Mr. Burns preparing to make a suit out of greyhound puppies?

20. outlawjerseywhales says: Jul 11, 2012 2:22 PM

“I think every kid dreams of having his own shoe or clothing line.”
    ———————————————————-
    DO they? Every one?

I suggest another slogan to go on one of these cheap (yet overpriced) made in North Korea rags.
    A thought balloon over a big, grinning image of our hero that reads:
    “Every time I think… I weaken the nation!”

21. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Jul 11, 2012 3:24 PM

bigdan7885 says:Jul 11, 2012 1:52 PM

________

I’m convinced that they randomly delete comments without looking at them. I’m not sure what the purpose of that is, but there doesn’t seem to be any other explanation.

22. outlawjerseywhales says: Jul 11, 2012 3:44 PM

Oh, believe me, it isn’t random!

23. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Jul 11, 2012 5:53 PM

Well, it’s random for those of us they’ve targeted. I might get 40% of my comments in, and believe me, they’re hilarious.

24. everyonethinksitimsayingit says: Jul 11, 2012 6:04 PM

Just as long as it doesn’t say “Winning”, considering his playoff record and his performance in the clutch, he may be sued for false advertising

25. backindasaddle says: Jul 11, 2012 9:15 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me if people wearing it are attached by dogs at an alarming rate.

26. midnightmist1967 says: Jul 12, 2012 11:02 AM

Just go away Michael Vick.anyone who can hurt and do anything wrong to an animal needs there head checked Do he really think people care what he is doing. where you he is.. what he is selling .Just go away and hang your head in shame .. Its a long road ,and your day will come .All the shame is on you ,Just fade away and stay away ,,Give you no support NONE !!!!