Skip to content

No new deal coming for Dashon Goldson

Dashon Goldson AP

The 49ers and Dashon Goldson apparently didn’t need the last 30 minutes before today’s 4 p.m. deadline.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers’ franchised safety won’t be getting a long-term deal this year.

Ben Dogra, the agent for Goldson, told Maiocco: “There will not be a long-term deal for Dashon.”

That’s about as clear-cut as it gets, short of the team saying so on the official website, as the Cowboys did with Anthony Spencer.

Goldson has yet to sign his one-year, $6.212 million tender, and stayed away from offseason workouts.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
2 Responses to “No new deal coming for Dashon Goldson”
  1. harbaughshandshake says: Jul 16, 2012 3:42 PM

    This guy would be locked up with a multi-year deal if the Chargers and Giants didn’t screw up the market by overpaying for a couple of 2nd tier Safeties last year….

  2. bubba9er says: Jul 17, 2012 11:11 AM

    He is in a fluid situation. If he tries to hold out or pull something like that, he may not have a roster spot any more. I say move on without him. We need a FS that can cover the pass. He got burned too much last year, and missed too many tackles going for the big hit instead of wrapping up the ball carrier. I think we could put another guy there and not lose too much.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!