The Jets grab the 18th spot in our Preseason Power Rankings

Rex+Ryan+New+York+Jets+Minicamp+CgQXIp1Mlc7l Getty Images

There are a lot of people who feel that the Bills’ offseason moves vaulted them ahead of the Jets in the AFC East.

Our Preseason Power Rankings don’t agree, although it is close. The Bills were 19th and the Jets have nabbed the 18th spot based on the consensus vote here at PFT and we’re sure that PFT Planet has a lot of thoughts about whether or not that was the correct call.

So, please, let us know. Take a moment to vote in the poll and tell us if we put the Jets too high, if we hit the nail on the head or if you think there’s a rebound season coming for Rex Ryan and company.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “The Jets grab the 18th spot in our Preseason Power Rankings”
  1. newguy925 says: Jul 16, 2012 9:27 AM

3rd place team (possibly 4th), substandard qb, rb, wrs. Aging team, loose cannon coach that can’t handle the heat anymore.

7-9 at best.

2. jpb12 says: Jul 16, 2012 9:27 AM

Bills are better than the Jets

3. myvickinabox14 says: Jul 16, 2012 9:48 AM

I’m shocked that there wasn’t a Tim Tebow shout out in this thread. I’m not even mad, I’m impressed.

4. 1joecoleman says: Jul 16, 2012 9:56 AM

As much as I want to channel my inner Rex Ryan and say the Jets are going to the Super Bowl, I do think this ranking is a lil low but sadly may not be too far off.

5. adrianpetersonsknee says: Jul 16, 2012 10:04 AM

18 sounds about right….

But it’s easy to see them end the year in the top ten–or bottom five.

6. hardpeaches says: Jul 16, 2012 10:33 AM

This is the easiest division to nail. The Jets and Bills? Please.

2012 Regular Season Standings

Patriots 11-5

Dolphins 9-7

Jets 7-9

Bills 6-10

7. jimjets says: Jul 16, 2012 12:04 PM

Huge jets fan here, obviously, and I always see my team through rose colored glasses.

I think this is fair…coming off a bad year and having alot of question marks.

I think they will do better, and compete for a wild card.

can’t wait until the season!