Terrence McGee worries about his future in Buffalo

terrencemcgee AP

Terrence McGee has been with the Bills since they took him in the fourth round of the 2003 NFL draft, and he’s been a very good player in Buffalo, both as a cornerback and as a kickoff returner. But McGee is worried that it may be coming to an end.

McGee still isn’t 100 percent healthy after suffering a torn patellar tendon in November, and he says he’s concerned that he won’t be able to show enough in training camp to demonstrate that he deserves a spot on the 53-man roster.

That’s one of my worries right now, and it was one of my worries in OTAs; will I have enough time to get in here and get right and compete for a job?” McGee told the Democrat and Chronicle. “I can’t control it right now, all I can do is go out there and work hard and improve on something.”

Although McGee accepted a pay cut and restructured his contract in February, he still looks at the Bills’ cornerback depth chart and wonders whether he’s good enough to make the team.

“I’m at the back of the line right now,” McGee said. “There are guys way in front of me right now.”

And McGee is running out of time to catch those guys. McGee’s time in Buffalo might be up.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
11 Responses to “Terrence McGee worries about his future in Buffalo”
  1. datnextone8 says: Jul 30, 2012 7:31 AM

Tough bout for McGee. Hard working corner but it seems like the bills are moving in a different direction. By drafting 3 corners in the last 2 years A.williams, Gilmore, and Ron Brooks. Even free agent cris hill is putting in work. Hopefully McGee gets his chance to continue his career on another team.

2. toddzman says: Jul 30, 2012 7:42 AM

McGee was a 4th round pick, not a 1st. Buffalo’s 1st that year? Willis McGehee. Get it right!

3. usher716 says: Jul 30, 2012 7:50 AM

McGee was a fourth round pick if I’m not mistaken. He’s been injured most of the past 3 years, hope he pulls through, he’s one of the longest running Bills. Plus, if he doesn’t make it then it makes cutting Drayton Florence an even dumber move.

4. pwndabeer says: Jul 30, 2012 9:27 AM

he’s only worried because there may not be a future for buffalo

5. EJ says: Jul 30, 2012 9:28 AM

McGee is one of my all time favorite Buffalo Bills. He has given a lot to the team and I believe he can continue making his mark in Buffalo. He still has another 2 good years left in him. A sure tackler with great run support skills. He may not be as agile as he once was, but I wouldn’t hesitate to put him against the NFL’s top receivers.

6. cali49er707 says: Jul 30, 2012 9:56 AM

How could Terrence be so selfish & wonder about how long he will be staying in Buffallo??? Doesn’t he know the Bills don’t even know how long they will be in Buffallo!!

7. dariusmyles says: Jul 30, 2012 11:48 AM

Only player in history with a pic6 and kickoff return for a Td in the same game. One of my favorite bills ever and vastly underrated for his time in buffalo. I’d hate to see him go!

8. jtdapit50 says: Jul 30, 2012 1:01 PM

Fine with me. The steelers need a good veteran CB.

9. jpmelon says: Jul 30, 2012 6:10 PM

If the Bills cut him, another team will snatch him up the same day.

10. buffbill99 says: Jul 31, 2012 1:29 AM

If the bills have to cut him then I think they made a big mistake letting Florence go. The secondary will be pretty young and thin.

11. dtjano says: Jul 31, 2012 12:03 PM

He hasn’t stayed healthy. If it’s him or Justin Rogers I think McGee will be out. McKelvin would be the other name Bills fans will bring up to be cut. I think he makes the team because of special teams.