Now it’s official: Obama weighs in on Jets QB situation

President Obama Discusses Economy At Florida Campaign Event Getty Images

If you weren’t overwhelmed by the saturation/coverage of Jets camp, the last man in America yet to weigh in now has.

“I gotta tell you, I don’t like the idea of a quarterback controversy at the start of a season, so if I was a Jets’ fan, I’d be pretty nervous,” President Barack Obama said.

Yep, that’s right, the President of the United States has added his voice to the chorus.

Obama was at a campaign event in Ohio today, and called into 97.1 The Fan in Columbus and talked with hosts Mike Ricordati and Scott Torgerson (passed along via Newsday’s Bob Glauber).

It seems POTUS favors the incumbent, who may be on shaky ground in some corners, especially among the right-wing evangelicals.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Asked about the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow dynamic, President Obama offered a qualified endorsement of Sanchez.

“Sanchez is not Tom Brady yet, but he led them to the playoffs two years in a row,” he said. “I think Tim Tebow seems to be a wonderful young man, and he’s got just a great winning attitude. He really steps up when things count. . . .

“But there’s going to be a lot of tension in that situation,” Obama continued, “so it’ll be pretty interesting to see how it plays itself out.”

OK, that’s great Mr. President. So now who you got between Tannehill-Moore-Garrard in the South Florida primary?

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Now it’s official: Obama weighs in on Jets QB situation”
  1. dollarbill247 says: Aug 2, 2012 5:28 PM

Finally I agree with Obama about something.

2. gghiker says: Aug 2, 2012 5:34 PM

Yeah, nothing more important he should be spending time puzzling over…

3. chazzmon says: Aug 2, 2012 5:49 PM

I think I’ve figured out what’s wrong with Tebow’s throwing motion. I thinks he’s actually a righty!

4. scoops1 says: Aug 2, 2012 5:52 PM

can he please worry bout taking care of this country

5. howiefeltersnatch says: Aug 2, 2012 6:01 PM

Why bring this loser into the discussion? The second you go political you lose half of your audience, if not more.

6. mtheparrothead says: Aug 2, 2012 6:36 PM

Opinion only matters for 3 more months anyways.

7. tiproast says: Aug 2, 2012 6:38 PM

Nice to see the president taking time away from his golf and basketball activities so that he can focus on the NFL.

8. humb0lt says: Aug 2, 2012 7:09 PM

It’s nice to have a president who relates to the same things I do, who wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth, who hasn’t been sheltered by wealth and privilege. He is a commoner. One of us. I look forward to four more years.

9. dikhurtz says: Aug 2, 2012 9:06 PM

Too bad this president can’t relate to the rest of us. He is anti American, probably wasn’t born here, hates capitalism . He is a communist, not one of us. Hopefully come November, we wont have to put up with him for four more years.

10. packfaninvikeland says: Aug 2, 2012 10:12 PM

Ron Paul 2012, If anyone has HALF a brain! Profootball talk will delete this comment like they did my last one

11. TheWizard says: Aug 2, 2012 10:18 PM

Say what? President Obama has never held a private sector job in his life, is my understanding.

And now, he’s wealthy.

Please explain.

12. chi01town says: Aug 2, 2012 11:01 PM

President Obama is right. If you have 2 QB’s then you dont have none.

13. bspurloc says: Aug 2, 2012 11:07 PM

Yeah I’m mad Obama actually knew something about Tebow and Sanchez where romney woulda just made some joke about his friends own football teams.

14. jeagan1999 says: Aug 2, 2012 11:07 PM

I think President Obama will have a lot more free time to analyze the Sanchez vs. Teebow matchup after the first week of November. He might even get a gig on one of the network halftime shows…maybe FOX would hire him to replace Frank Caliendo, only instead of impersonating Bush he could impersonate himself…I can see it now …”You see that great pocket around Sanchez, well the offensive line didn’t build that pocket, someone else did!” or “That interception wasn’t Teebows fault…it was Bush’s fault!”…ah, what fun it will be!!

15. frank booth says: Aug 2, 2012 11:25 PM

4 more years of what? It doesn’t bother you that he lied about healthcare (telling us it wasn’t a tax, and then the Supreme Court rules that it is legal only because it is a tax) and a variety of other things? He’s not a commoner: Do most commoner’s go to Harvard?

The idiocy in this country that would allow someone like him to get elected is amazing- and the majority of the media protects him.

Anyway, Obama needs to worry less about football, get back to destroying the country and beating up the Constitution, and continue with his campaign, speaking in useless generalities as always.