Patriots Super Bowl ring turns up on eBay

patriotsring275

For the second time this offseason, a Patriots Super Bowl ring has turned up on eBay.

The men’s size 11.75 ring can be yours for the low, low price of $63,000.

According to Zuri Berry of the Boston Globe, a similar ring was posted at the same price in April, but eventually sold for $50,000.

The ring is from a staff member, rather than a player or coach, but is still a nice little collectible from the Patriots Super Bowl win over the Rams.

(Photo credit: eBay)

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Patriots Super Bowl ring turns up on eBay”
  1. jtchernak says: Aug 4, 2012 1:53 PM

Wish I had 63,000$ lying around…

2. profootballwalk says: Aug 4, 2012 2:12 PM

I was going to bid on this, but I decided to put a high end escort on retainer instead.

3. volcom2143 says: Aug 4, 2012 2:14 PM

Nice momento of spygate

4. nickhead12 says: Aug 4, 2012 2:58 PM

I believe you meant memento

5. mrcosio says: Aug 4, 2012 3:08 PM

Let me just check up on my Swiss bank account real quick

6. bluvayner says: Aug 4, 2012 3:23 PM

Typical Jets or Steelers fan, who can’t spell, but still tries to rationalize the constant beat downs by the Pats.

7. nflfever says: Aug 4, 2012 3:31 PM

“I believe you meant memento”

Not surprising this guy couldn’t spell a word my 12 11 year old brother could. Patriots haters aren’t the brightest group of people after all….

8. iced107 says: Aug 4, 2012 3:39 PM

Ring also comes with a built in camera

9. EJ says: Aug 4, 2012 4:02 PM

I wouldn’t pay $63,000 for somebody else’s ring, especially since it probably has the staff members name on it.

10. sogymath says: Aug 4, 2012 4:02 PM

Is it just me, or do the Pats rings seem to be fairly plentiful in the open market. The boys at Pawn Stars have one too.

11. trojanwarrior007 says: Aug 4, 2012 4:09 PM

don’t give anyone other than the coaches and players a ring. soon you’ll have a team giving out a couple hundred of them and they lose their value.

12. jbaxt says: Aug 4, 2012 4:26 PM

But it was the moments caught on camera that provided the memento…

13. tombrookshire says: Aug 4, 2012 5:30 PM

Prolly means more to the players than the equipment manager anyway.

14. nickhead12 says: Aug 4, 2012 5:34 PM

Patriots post’ are bound to bring out the jealous. Just goes to prove success breeds hate

15. mjkelly77 says: Aug 4, 2012 6:24 PM

nickhead12 says:Aug 4, 2012 5:34 PM

________________

I agree. The Patriots are a great and successful organization. As a Lions fan I see the hatred for them starting to evidence itself. When you’re no longer a pushover, the hatred starts. it’s all based on fear and jealosy.

16. aces79 says: Aug 4, 2012 6:48 PM

Own your very own piece of the biggest scandal in sports history! For a mere 63K you can have the first of three rings won by the only team in NFL history to have a 7 cheating operation! Get to ebay fast!

17. bostonbornandbred says: Aug 4, 2012 6:57 PM

Can I just tell you as a die hard pats fan that I thoroughly enjoy watching the Lions. I’ve definitely adopted them as my second favorite team… Having Directv it is an absolute joy watching them on Sunday’s. I hope Detroit destroys GB, Chi and Minny

18. nickhead12 says: Aug 4, 2012 7:02 PM

mjkelly77. I am a Pats fan first and a football fan second. I’ve always seemed to have a soft spot for the Lions because of the whole underdog thing and Barry Sanders having to bust his tail trying to make the Lions relevant. It’s nice to see them have some success and may our teams meet on the big stage

19. mattwalshvideo says: Aug 4, 2012 7:13 PM

comes complete with asterisk.

20. prplpuzzetrz says: Aug 4, 2012 7:28 PM

FYI, this “spygate” thing is getting old! It was proven by numerous outlets, that this was a commonplace in the NFL. They just were foolish enough to get caught. Much like the “bounty” hoopla!
    Get over it! You can complain all you want, but there are maybe, 1-2 other organizations in all of football that have such a well oiled , and strategically successful franchise!
    I would give my favorite pair of boxer shorts if the Vikings , my squad , could have the intelligence to emulate the patriots franchise!
    They , along with BB, are a flawless organization!

21. vaphinfan says: Aug 4, 2012 9:20 PM

who wants a ring that wasnt earned but gained by cheating?

22. jayquintana says: Aug 4, 2012 11:03 PM

Just a guess, but if we see a couple of Red Sox rings on eBay, the seller’s probably Schilling.

23. gamedate15 says: Aug 5, 2012 2:44 AM

I wished that the staff jobs would just stop going to the people that dont have the big heart to keep them. Teams need to start hiring the people who really need to be there.Stop hiring people that just dont have any clue at all. I would never sell a super bowl ring because I know deep in my heart how much effort I put into earning it.I hope one day my dream comes true and I can have a staff job on a NFL team and win a Super Bowl!!!!!

24. pftwstbshmc says: Aug 6, 2012 6:23 AM

FYI – This ring didn’t turn up on Ebay in this off season. The seller has been trying for almost two years now to sell it (I’m a big time Pats fan and look for items on Ebay frequently). It keeps coming on there time and time again. No one will buy it at that price. You can have one custom made for less than that.