Jimmy Graham apparently fine after landing hard on his back

Jimmy Graham, Roman Harper AP

Saints tight end Jimmy Graham gave his team a scare, but appears to be fine after landing on his back during a joint practice with the Patriots.

During the non-padded session, Graham landed hard after stretching for a touchdown pass, according to Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Graham jumped up to spike the ball and then jogged to the sideline and fell in pain.

He didn’t take another snap, and left the field without talking to reporters.

“He’s fine. He’s fine,” interim coach Joe Vitt said. “If it was anything, I’d have a report from the trainers.”

Saints quarterback Drew Brees echoed Vitt’s diagnosis, saying it was part of what you get with a high-energy player.

“He was fine,” Brees said. “In typical Jimmy Graham fashion, he was just completely selling out for the ball that was way up over his head and ended up catching it for a huge play in a time when we’re wearing just shells. We’re trying to take it easy, but of course he’s going 1,000 miles an hour.

“I think he just came down a little funny. He kind of needed to shake it off, but he’s fine.”

Going hard in practice is one thing, but at some point, players have to be smart about things so they don’t risk unnecessary injury.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Jimmy Graham apparently fine after landing hard on his back”
  1. thevelvetglove says: Aug 8, 2012 1:35 PM

And a football player falling on his back is news when there is no mention anywhere Andrew “Dice” Clay is making yet another comeback on the comedy circuit?

Um yeah, ok, bad example……

2. briman141 says: Aug 8, 2012 1:49 PM

3. saints4evah says: Aug 8, 2012 2:00 PM

The Graham Reaper was my Fantasy Football stud last year. Great scouting to find this kid buried in Miami and to our team. Going to be one of the best ever to lace a cleat.

4. prplpuzzetrz says: Aug 8, 2012 3:13 PM

I would take Gronk & Rudolph over him any day of the week .
    I have yet to see why he gets so much hype! He is good, but I just have not seen the “hype” level yet!

5. schmitty2 says: Aug 8, 2012 3:40 PM

prplpuzzetrz says:Aug 8, 2012 3:13 PM

I would take Gronk & Rudolph over him any day of the week .

Rudolph over Graham?? Do you want to come play in my fantasy league? 200 dollar buy-in

6. sem3485 says: Aug 8, 2012 6:14 PM

“I sure wish these guys would start using closing parenthesis on quotes. Drives me nuts, you guys are supposed to be professional, who edits for y’all? Whoever it is should be slapped, misses waaaaay too much.”

——-

You generally only include a closed parenthesis after an open parenthesis. Since no open parenthesis was used, there is no need for a closed one.

If you were referring to quotation marks, then know that everything was grammatically correct. If a quote continues into a second paragraph, the first paragraph does not end with a closed quotation mark. The next paragraph will begin with one to re-enforce the idea that they are using someone else’s words.

Also, if you want to nitpick someone else’s grammar, you should probably learn how to correctly use a comma.