Carroll, Owens “punk” Seahawks

Terrell Owens AP

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll likes a good prank.  Whether it’s a mock suicide or a phony arrest, Carroll has no qualms when it comes to inflicting temporary emotional distress on others in search of a laugh.

With receiver Terrell Owens now in Seattle, coach and player pulled a much tamer prank on the rest of the Seahawks players.

At the risk of spoiling the outcome (it’s really not that funny so we don’t feel bad giving it away), Carroll had Owens address the team.  And Owens proceeded to gripe about receiver Golden Tate wearing No. 81 and wanting $81,000 from Owens to give it up.  Carroll eventually tells Owens to sit down and shut up, in fairly unconvincing fashion.

Maybe it was all aimed at getting Owens’ guard down for when Carroll has a woman storm into the meeting room and claim that she gave birth to twins that T.O. fathered.

Then again, maybe Carroll should spend less time coming up with pranks and more time studying the CBA.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
19 Responses to “Carroll, Owens “punk” Seahawks”
  1. khuxford says: Aug 10, 2012 12:24 PM

The headline made me think he didn’t sign at all.

2. hulkhogansays says: Aug 10, 2012 12:33 PM

Clowns generally gravitate towards each other, Both will be out of Pro Football this time next year brother!!!

3. remjam1331 says: Aug 10, 2012 12:47 PM

This is classic! I think it’s hilarious!
    Good way to break the ice and build comradery. That’s what Pete is all about. Makes me wish I could travel back in time and play more football for the chance to play for Pete Carroll.
    I think he seems like an amazing guy, coach, dad.
    If people can’t see that there just… I don’t know, looking for the bad in people?

4. cjay12 says: Aug 10, 2012 12:49 PM

I think the Seahawks should have Harknocks next season, that would be fun

5. keeppounding says: Aug 10, 2012 12:55 PM

Maybe he forgot to tell USC he was just joking. Don’t worry after Pete screws up the Seahawks for years to come he will do what he does best in that situation… Leave

6. keeppounding says: Aug 10, 2012 12:59 PM

This is classic! I think it’s hilarious!
    I think he seems like an amazing guy, coach, dad.

————————————————————–
    Your so lost on this. This is the biggest phony there is. He cheated at USC. Great people, great coaches, dont cheat… at anything.

Admire guys like Tony Dungy and Dick Vermiel. Not this clown

7. remjam1331 says: Aug 10, 2012 1:07 PM

cjay12:
    Yeah, I think it would be awesome to be able to see what goes on behind closed doors. Pete always says they do it different then anyone else.

But, I guess they turned down the chance to be on Hardknocks this season.

Pete said it doesn’t fit into their philosophy.

8. derrickbrooks4president says: Aug 10, 2012 1:09 PM

The Bucs had a clown for a coach the last couple years and that didn’t work out so well for them. Good luck with that Seattle. As weak as that division is you would think he would be more focused on taking advantage of it instead of wasting precious time on dumb stunts.

9. remjam1331 says: Aug 10, 2012 1:10 PM

keeppounding:
    whatever dude.

10. prince5000 says: Aug 10, 2012 1:14 PM

would have funny if they had shortened it up a little.

11. remjam1331 says: Aug 10, 2012 1:20 PM

There always gotta be naysayers who ruin a fun time. Just shut the Front door and comment on shizzle you like. Try to foster happy feelings, maybe? For functions sake!

12. wledlund says: Aug 10, 2012 1:30 PM

Geez, the classic, “________ should be spending less time doing ________, and more time doing ________.” Never gets old…

13. keeppounding says: Aug 10, 2012 1:31 PM

remjam:
    I apologize. I should have made my point without attacking you.

14. remjam1331 says: Aug 10, 2012 1:37 PM

keeppounding:

thanks dude! that’s classy. Not being sarcastic.

Tony Dungy and Dick Vermiel are AWESOME!

I’m just in love with the Seahawks and where they’re going. No matter what happened in the past, it seems like they’re headed the right direction.

If things go wrong, people can tell me I told you so.

15. trollhammer20 says: Aug 10, 2012 1:52 PM

The apoplectic responses of serial Pete Carroll haters never cease to amuse me.

16. blackandbluedivision says: Aug 10, 2012 2:11 PM

Highlight of the video:

TO: “I’m sure [Golden Tate] wears #81 because of me.”

17. catquick says: Aug 10, 2012 2:29 PM

Ummm…that wasn’t a joke

18. h1ndrix says: Aug 10, 2012 3:12 PM

I thought it was in bad taste when Carroll had Marshawn Lynch dress up as Captain Morgan after his DUI arrest.

19. hifive123 says: Aug 10, 2012 4:33 PM

They could’ve gone 3-13 without T.O., but for only the veteran minimum they’re going 4-12.

That’s a bargain!